PDA

View Full Version : Is this weapon possible?!?

LSukora
Oct 28, 2010, 06:56 PM
I was playing the caveruins level on superhard looking for some rage tonfas, and well of course i got lucky ran into a white shadow(boosted) rumole and got the rage tonfas from it. But i looked at the stats and almost craped my self 68/34/17/34/17 and it had ice lv.4??? And i never hacked my ds or any games. So is this even possible!?!?!?:confused::-(:-o:-o

Chaos Rappy
Oct 28, 2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah, those are undeniably non-believable stats, COMPLETELY impossible within tolerable game measures, for two reasons: 1) it has a % over 65%, more specifically it has more than 50% before Fortification, and 2) Ice Lv4 instead of having Heat Lv4, which is also 100% impossible.

LSukora
Oct 28, 2010, 07:36 PM
thats why im so confused! Why is it messed up, becuz its "real" :/

Chaos Rappy
Oct 28, 2010, 08:11 PM
Regardless of how "real" it is, it still can't even be traded anyways because it has over 65% in any stat, so whatever you choose to do with it, go for it, just know that it is also impossible to trade. The game has a built-in legitimacy check on the trading window, and any items with either more than 65% on any attribute, more than 50% on more than one attribute, more than 50 ACC ADJ, has an element of a level higher than its natural weapon-type limit (or at least over 5 that I know of), and/or has more than max grinds cannot be traded at all.

Syre
Oct 28, 2010, 08:18 PM
Sooo Since it didn't come out with it's supposed heat element... Can you change it to Celeb? O___o

Chaos Rappy
Oct 28, 2010, 08:19 PM
Rares, regardless of what element they have, even if it's not the right one, cannot have their element swapped. I would know, I thought of that a LONG time ago, and it still failed.

johnwolf
Nov 5, 2010, 12:04 AM
OH YAH i came across an weapon that comes with an element 100% and it drop differently. i think its IS possable. just even MORE rare.

Kirukia
Nov 5, 2010, 07:19 AM
No, it is impossible. 50 is the limit. And one can be above 50, to 65% max if PFed. This has been known for a very long time.

Isn't it also a bit odd that the rest is 34/17/34/17? Repeated numbers.

If you indeed didn't hack it, did you buy the game used?

Chukie sue
Nov 5, 2010, 10:34 AM
Has really actually been "technically" proven that a raw weapons' stats cant go above 50? Obviously there's plenty reason to believe it's the max, but I dont know if it can be called 100% fact. Maybe I'll just ask SSBmaster to look in the code for me; as we all know Im too lazy to do it.

Kirukia
Nov 5, 2010, 12:45 PM
As opposed to what though? 99.999% sure?
We played for years and nobody dropped a legit weapon above 50.
The statistical probability of it being possible to go over 50 (without PF obviously) might as well be zero. Feel free to look it up, but I think we all know what the answer will be.

The chance of it being incorrect is so unlikely that you may as well just call it 0%, meaning it is indeed a proven fact. Chaos Theory applies to anything, but you can't say nothing is for sure just because of it.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 5, 2010, 02:13 PM
The codes for the weapons have the percents going up to 127 (but doesn't show the "1" in "127", so it looks like it's only 27), but the highest the game will allow a weapon has to be 50. Not one weapon in all my gaming time in PSZ has been higher, not even the thousands of weapons I rolled as enemy parts trying to get good weapons.

Chukie sue
Nov 5, 2010, 03:04 PM
As opposed to what though? 99.999% sure?
We played for years and nobody dropped a legit weapon above 50.
The statistical probability of it being possible to go over 50 (without PF obviously) might as well be zero. Feel free to look it up, but I think we all know what the answer will be.

The chance of it being incorrect is so unlikely that you may as well just call it 0%, meaning it is indeed a proven fact. Chaos Theory applies to anything, but you can't say nothing is for sure just because of it.

Well, it isn't a proven fact. I, (and a HELLA others) are not in that "we", by the way. I've had several friends find weapons like this, not to mention all the GFAQs topics. There have always been cases here and there that didn't seem normal: take my 7% dark Tachyon Gun for example that I picked up from a quest reward.

Do not say it's because they play on ROMs or have screwed with an AR, because they haven't.

Kirukia
Nov 5, 2010, 07:24 PM
Or so you say.
Regardless, nobody that I know has found anything of the sort, and I've known a lot of people and seen a lot of weapons in my time, as have they I'm sure.