PDA

View Full Version : Zalure, what's up with it?

genesiser
Oct 31, 2010, 10:13 AM
I decided to go human acrotecher as my main. Seeing as they excel at buff and debuffs, I decided to level up zalure and jellen. I've gotten them both to level 33, it takes a while but nothing compared to raising buffs, those are a bitch.

Anyways after spending like 4 hours leveling them up I wanted to see how much of a difference it would make. So I went into seed express A (the highest I can go to, im level 51) and my saber pa would hit for 600-620, in that area. So I slapped zalure on the monster and I would only hit for like 15 more dmg on the low and high end of the dmg spectrum. On the other hand jellen would make them hit me for about 30 less.

So is zalure broken? Because 20% lower def should mean much harder hits, or at least I would assume so. However at this level it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It's like the only thing it's good for is tagging all the enemies so I don't have to chase them all around to make sure I get xp.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 31, 2010, 12:32 PM
Most enemies have around 500 DFP at most. This reduces the damage they take by 100. A 20% decrease in DFP would leave it around 400, which would increase your damage by 20 per hit.

In other words, DFP (like every stat in PSU that isn't ATP, TP, or HP) is a terribly unimportant stat, and debuffs are worthless.

Tyreek
Oct 31, 2010, 08:55 PM
Thankfully in PSP2 they fixed this flop with debuffs. Enemies at higher levels are slightly more bareable to deal with than if you fight them without debuffs. With my Acrotecher, I literally excelled at using debuffs as one of my mainstays after pushing them to 41+. They're not entirely useless per say, but they aren't deal breakers either. The runs went fast enough though.

Powder Keg
Oct 31, 2010, 09:49 PM
They're nothing close to PSO debuffs. Completely useless in PSU IMO. The time you used to cast it could have been used to deal greater damage instead.

SolomonGrundy
Nov 1, 2010, 02:02 PM
I like jellen and zodeel...especially zodeel. the hit system in PSU also sucks. level 41 zolell makes it suck...less.

Darki
Nov 1, 2010, 02:30 PM
That's the only debuff I use.

Astarin
Nov 1, 2010, 02:54 PM
As everyone else said, Zalure is always pretty worthless.

Jellen has some uses - it's worth using on very strong / buffed / World of Illusion-style crazy enemies to lower their ATP.

Zoldeel is worth using in some high level areas, if your party is having trouble hitting enemies. HIVE, for example, with its high-EVP enemies, can see some use out of Zoldeel, but it really depends on your party.

Orosan
Nov 3, 2010, 10:22 AM
The one situation where debuffs work well is when the enemy buff up and you debuff them. For example while playing Lightning Beasts I noticed that suddenly I was doing less damage to a Bal soza. It had casted deband upon itself, so i debuffed it with Masei-shiki, and inmediately I hit around 500 pts harder(as far as I remember). I rechecked the amounts of damage on another occasion so it was definetely a BIG difference in pts per hit. That was with a 46% Deva-Zashi. Of course this is a special situation because the difference was much higher since it had gone up from normal and I took it down below the normal; just debuffing by itself from the normal lvls would never do that amount of damage.

CJ Johnny
Nov 3, 2010, 11:23 AM
'Zalure'
Can and will make the "Monster's" die faster....... >>> In a party.

'Jellen'
Use it on Monster's with 'Physcial Attack'...... >>>> "as there miain"

'Zodeel'
Use it on those "Dark" Monster's.

lostinseganet
Nov 5, 2010, 05:28 AM
Ya know a good way to make those stat changers dangerous is they decrease your stats and you cant use weapons if your stats are too low.

SolomonGrundy
Nov 5, 2010, 10:08 PM
The best way to make debuffs worth it is to have them work on bosses. They are the only enemies with enough DFP (and HP) to make them worth it.

OR (duh)

MAKE HIGH DFP ENEMIES!