PDA

View Full Version : An FKL discussion; History Lesson? (this is not Mey-spam for once)

Meyfei
Nov 5, 2010, 10:37 AM
I believe i have nothing of good value to commune about however i thought about it and the best thing i could come up with is...

History.

From the making of America to the birth of Canada, i've been reading about it for the past few weeks, however nothing was said about overseas excluding a few instances where it effected the our nations. such as the war of 1812-1815 which started a couple years before it reached us, and of course the search for the northwest passage which after many conflicts leads us to our current days.

I've been reading (laugh at me) Canadian History for Dummies. So i only know what i've read, and would like to discuss with others.

Palle
Nov 5, 2010, 10:48 AM
What about beaver pelts and maple syrup? I would like to know more about their historical significance.

Uncle_bob
Nov 5, 2010, 11:45 AM
What they probably didn't tell you in your book was when Abraham Lincoln, James K. Polk, and John Adams (who would later become known as Ted Nugent) headed an organization in 1847 whose goal was to cover up the existence of dinosaur fossils in North America.

Their reason for doing so is because they had heavily invested money in the hemp industry which at the time was soon to replace coal, oil, and nuclear as the predominant source of energy in Canada, Guam, and the United States. And as we all know.. coal, oil, and nuclear energy is derived from "fossil fuels" -- dinosaur fossils.

Thus they needed to cover up the existance of dinosaurs and the fossil fuels they left behind, or else their investments in hemp would quickly be all for nothing. The rest is history.

Meyfei
Nov 5, 2010, 01:00 PM
What about beaver pelts and maple syrup? I would like to know more about their historical significance.

I read that at one point this guy actually took playing cards, cut them up into equal pieces i believe and wrote a value of worth on them with his signature as he was running out of actual money at the time and people were getting edgy about not getting their pay. Upon cashing them in the people received a lesser portion of the written value.

What they probably didn't tell you in your book was when Abraham Lincoln, James K. Polk, and John Adams (who would later become known as Ted Nugent) headed an organization in 1847 whose goal was to cover up the existence of dinosaur fossils in North America.

Their reason for doing so is because they had heavily invested money in the hemp industry which at the time was soon to replace coal, oil, and nuclear as the predominant source of energy in Canada, Guam, and the United States. And as we all know.. coal, oil, and nuclear energy is derived from "fossil fuels" -- dinosaur fossils.

Thus they needed to cover up the existance of dinosaurs and the fossil fuels they left behind, or else their investments in hemp would quickly be all for nothing. The rest is history.

I havent read anything about that yet, however i will keep an eye out for anything saying something about it. sounds like it'd be pretty interesting lol

Vanzazikon
Nov 5, 2010, 06:05 PM
Did you know we invaded Canada during our revolutionary war to establish Quebec as our 14 colony?

Palle
Nov 5, 2010, 07:42 PM
Did you know we invaded Canada during our revolutionary war to establish Quebec as our 14 colony?

Je me souviens.

Meyfei
Nov 5, 2010, 08:30 PM
Was that during 1812-1815?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 5, 2010, 08:54 PM
Nah, woulda been called the J. Franco War of 1812 thru 1815 then.

-

What I need to learn is how

Spamada :: FKL

and

Japan + Canada = Japanada,

Skuda's digs, and several more people are down up under there. Sister cities and whatnot. School trips, foreign exchange students, game tech food goods imports and exports.

Palle
Nov 6, 2010, 02:12 AM
I want to know more about, "take off, eh".

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 6, 2010, 02:35 AM
Once, got that covered, the history of Spam, in 12% capacity, at best:

Lesson: Retrospective in :spam: (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100563&highlight=hayapedia)

Ketchup345
Nov 6, 2010, 10:38 AM
When discussing Canada in FKL, do not forget to look into the history of Prance, which you may find int he FKL archives. I'd wear a dust mask if you want to look for it though.

Somniferous
Nov 6, 2010, 07:15 PM
I once laid siege to Japanada:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56579

But it seems my siege didn't end well:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-56629.html

Meyfei
Nov 7, 2010, 09:41 AM
perhaps it's my turn to take over with my 4200 soldiers > : D