PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Dragon Scales hunting tips

Darki
Nov 7, 2010, 03:08 AM
So, as the title states, I wanna discuss here the best ways to get this item in regard of getting kool equip like unsealed Yohmei swords (and Shijin with them), Kan'na Kamui and etc. The three methods I know are:

-GAM, where you can get them trading 1000 AP per scale. Might be tedious to get if your goal is getting a set of Shijins (like me) as we would need to get like 24000 AP for it *gulps* but if you wanna get some GAS before hitting the cap, you'll get some AP anyways.

There's no question for this, as it's obvious. You do GAM, get AP, then go to the trading mission and get the scale. 'nuff said.

- Passport to Subspace. I don't really know exactly how this works because I've never done this mission before. The idea is (as far as I know) that randomly between normal mission blocks you have the chance of going into a "????" block where you can find a PSPo2 guy called Makai, and depending on the mission level it will give you an item, being a Dragon Scale if you do the misson in A rank. People tell me that this method, even depending on chance, is probably faster than getting them by AP.

My questions here is simple: What should I do? Do I need to do something previously for getting the chance of this guy to come? or could I find him even in the first run? I wanna many details on this mission because as far as I know is the one method I'm going to do, and I wanna do it right.
[SPOILER-BOX]Appart from that, where's the site to download player data for PSPo2 and get the bonus items at the end of the mission? I never found them[/SPOILER-BOX]

- Level 175+ De Ragnus. This lizard drops the scales at that level, but I'm not at high level enough to do missions at that rank (S3, I assume). And it seems there isn't a mission appart from events where you can find it, unless in the next GBR they put one in the new mission at Foran Waterfalls.

No questions here, just wait to see if the new mission has it.

So, any tips, tricks, or how-to's for this? I don't plan on getting the set of shijins for next week (only have one set of swords, so as long as I get 4 scales for now, everything's alright), but I don't wanna spend 4 years either, lol.

Lexx
Nov 7, 2010, 07:10 AM
Do Passport to Subspace.I got 24 scales there,skip the conversation with Maya.He can come after every block.It took me a few days Till i got him the First Time after that it Works really good(3-5 scales a day)

str898mustang
Nov 7, 2010, 07:11 AM
Beat Ranks A, B, and C of the Passport mission then spam Arank.

Lexx
Nov 7, 2010, 07:12 AM
I played Passport only in A

Darki
Nov 7, 2010, 08:15 AM
Well, I don't have any problem in doing it in all ranks, I usually do one in C to look at it in general and then go to the high rank.

So, how is the mission? I don't really get it at all, being it in japanese.

The Master eye
Nov 7, 2010, 12:39 PM
if u dont get it after 4-5 days i would try it a few times with Maya.

Red*
Nov 7, 2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2500776&postcount=1519

Darki
Nov 7, 2010, 02:27 PM
Is that sentence required for ALL runs, or I just need to get it once, and then the following runs will get me that guy?

Red*
Nov 7, 2010, 02:29 PM
you can skip the intro when you got this message once. (The skip option appears when you finished the mission one time)
And yes you dont need to play every difficulty. A friend testet it.

When you are in the Dialogue with Maya you have to click the 5th answer option. The first Sentence maya says must be the one on the picture.
Good Luck ;)

Darki
Nov 7, 2010, 02:34 PM
So, that's the thing, I just need to do the mission with the intro till I get the dialogue about Sakai, and after that one run, I just need to spam it skipping the intro and the guy will be (possibly) there, isn't it? I hope I don't take long to get at least 4, after that I'll just do some depending on the swords I get. Now I just need to get to lv 100 (I'm 91 atm, so easy time) and start doing it.

And, talking about that, how are the odds for getting the swords? I can just buy the lowest rank ones, but the two S ones tend to be over 10M, so it's a bit tricky. xD

VectormanX
Nov 7, 2010, 03:48 PM
From my experience, you clear A rank once. Then you simply play the mission until you see Sakai. That's it. No tricks to it but to do it.

Crysteon
Nov 7, 2010, 03:54 PM
Patience is the most important factor, dont forget D:.

LP_Phoenix
Nov 7, 2010, 04:22 PM
and btw....u can get the text from sakai in conversation with maya and doing all 40 blocks and no sakai....its still confusing

Darki
Nov 8, 2010, 01:54 AM
Hum, but I'm a bit confused. How is the mission progress, then? Last time I did it in C I went to a little dialogue with Maya, then went to ANOTHER mission counter and then the mission started.

Where exactly is that dialogue with her? God, this is boring, all in japanese (and I love the language).

XbikXBd
Nov 8, 2010, 02:01 AM
Hum, but I'm a bit confused. How is the mission progress, then? Last time I did it in C I went to a little dialogue with Maya, then went to ANOTHER mission counter and then the mission started.

Where exactly is that dialogue with her? God, this is boring, all in japanese (and I love the language).

ok First Start mission then music pasport etc.
ok then there are 5 options(this one u need her to say 最近 無断であのレリクスに入っているヒトがいるらしいの at the beginning)
Then if u dont get just select 2nd option and start main mission then abandon till u get btw needs to be on A if not then all u get is dragon tail

Darki
Nov 8, 2010, 02:46 AM
yeah, I know it has to be in A but I still need 9 levels to get. I'm gathering info for not doing the n00b when I do it, lol.

XbikXBd
Nov 8, 2010, 03:06 AM
yeah, I know it has to be in A but I still need 9 levels to get. I'm gathering info for not doing the n00b when I do it, lol.

oh ok well if u wanta do mission let me kno so we can meet up and exchange cards

Darki
Nov 8, 2010, 03:25 AM
Currently I'm looking for people to do GAM, as I wanna get the Ohryu and some GAS, and I'm helping my girlfriend to level up to match my level so we can do missions together, so I'm a bit inactive. In a couple weeks I guess, during GBR, I'll probably do some when I get bored of the missions.

XbikXBd
Nov 8, 2010, 03:59 AM
Currently I'm looking for people to do GAM, as I wanna get the Ohryu and some GAS, and I'm helping my girlfriend to level up to match my level so we can do missions together, so I'm a bit inactive. In a couple weeks I guess, during GBR, I'll probably do some when I get bored of the missions.

if u wana play gam i am up for it but yah i cant really run till tomarrow seeing as all my gam weps are in room(free corse)
but yah is today a good day to meet up and swap cards?
if so what time and uni( i get on at 5pm central)

Darki
Nov 8, 2010, 04:01 AM
I dunno what time is for you, here I'm at GMT+1 (Spain), but I'll be doing random stuff with my CAST till my GF comes. I gotta level up a bit to use those roasted Mediu,m, and decide if I like more the chunck of meat than the vear horn for my set of joke weps. xD

XbikXBd
Nov 8, 2010, 09:36 AM
I dunno what time is for you, here I'm at GMT+1 (Spain), but I'll be doing random stuff with my CAST till my GF comes. I gotta level up a bit to use those roasted Mediu,m, and decide if I like more the chunck of meat than the vear horn for my set of joke weps. xD

yah it would be 11pm ur time XD kinda late but yah if still up i can run missions

Darki
Nov 30, 2010, 04:59 AM
So, no intention to necropost this but I guess it's better as the matter is the same...

I got to level 100 already and planning to do the mission finally, but I still don't get where is the conversation with Maya that I gotta do. When I start the mission there's inmediately an option to skip, and if I don't skip I'll get to the intro video, the "EP 3 Sub Story" and then Maya, but there she doesn't talk to me more than a couple lines and then some options.

After that I get to another mission counter, to start the mission. What did I do wrong, lol?

XbikXBd
Nov 30, 2010, 05:25 AM
Nope just start mission if u did not get text and abadon and rinse and repeat till u get the phrase about saki

Darki
Nov 30, 2010, 05:44 AM
Nope to what? What "mission" I gotta "start"? As I said, I get that skipping option at the beginning. Should I skip or not then?

When I don't skip, Maya says 1 or 2 sentences then there's a panel with some options. Is that "speech" about Sakai something I gotta select in that panel?

Appart from that, once I get the text aout Sakai, do I need to get it again in successive attemps, or can I skip the intro after I get it once?

XbikXBd
Nov 30, 2010, 05:51 AM
Nope to what? What "mission" I gotta "start"? As I said, I get that skipping option at the beginning. Should I skip or not then?

When I don't skip, Maya says 1 or 2 sentences then there's a panel with some options. Is that "speech" about Sakai something I gotta select in that panel?
here i said it last time

ok First Start mission then music pasport etc.
ok then there are 5 options(select option 5: this one u need her to say 最近 無断であのレリクスに入っているヒトがいるらしいの at the beginning)
Then if u dont get just select 2nd option and start main mission then abandon till u get btw needs to be on A if not then all u get is dragon tail

On top of this A rank is hard i am having trouble with a lv 156 Beast acro fighter with max PA'S but yah if u get her to say phrase ur golden.....
......and yes just once then u spam and try not to die......

Darki
Nov 30, 2010, 06:12 AM
Well, in the worst of the cases I can always try to spam at least two blocks and restart, as long as I have the chance for getting the b1tch to give me the scales.

I'm level 100 WT, I have god HP but when I tried before to do one to check the mission I got owned badly... xD I guess I can try to spam card while keeping the healing wand at hand if stuff gets rough.

Appart from that, I'm now in front of Maya in the place where I'm supposed to choose the 5th option, and when I do, she only says two short sentences. I still need to beat the mission once for the guy to appear so I guess it's that?