PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 New player a few questions.

PinkyMonkey
Nov 13, 2010, 05:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of trying out PSU (got the game and AoTI downloaded) and have a few questions. Now I read through the stickies at the top but a lot of them seem to be from some years ago (understandable as the game has been out a while but wondering how much is still true). Now I did play PSU for about a month when it was first released in Japan, but due to hacking I let it go (and have no memory of it >.>).

1). Coming from a PSO and PS0, PSP1&2 background is it worth it /needed to play through the offline mode story? Does this unlock anything? Is this true for both the original and AoTI?

2). I heard it used to be difficult to cancel your hunter's license. Is this still the case?

3). How is the online community compared to traditional MMOs? Is it easy to find mature folks out there as opposed kiddies spamming leet chat trying to impress each other.?

4) How is the solo experience online? I have a lil baby and wife agro so keeping online for too long can be a problem.

5) Any other final general newbie tips? I am not so much looking to be the biggest baddest but looking for the most fun :)

cheers and thanks very much in advance

BIG OLAF
Nov 13, 2010, 07:12 PM
I can answer one of your questions for you. Quite easily, I might add.

3). How is the online community compared to traditional MMOs? Is it easy to find mature folks out there as opposed kiddies spamming leet chat trying to impress each other?

The game is...I want to say...80% annoying kids trying to "be cool" or just all-around asses. However! There is that 20% that aren't, and they're probably the coolest people you'll ever meet on an online RPG.

Of course, that answer is completely subjective. That's just how I view the community, personally. Here's a little tip, though: once you do find a few good friends, I recommend sticking with them all the time, instead of playing with randoms. PSU is 100x more fun when playing with friends.

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 14, 2010, 02:07 AM
2). I heard it used to be difficult to cancel your hunter's license. Is this still the case?

All you have to do is ring up the Microsoft number and tell them you want it canceled, it only takes ten minutes.

I've been playing PSU for 3years now and it has improved 10 fold since it was released....update's is what keep's me playing..and there are more to come..

Start now :) so you can be ready for the yet to come Event (Absolute Zero)

It is definitely worth giving a shot again. in my opinion..

And as for the hacker issue's i haven't heard anything about hackers for years..

Have Fun

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Nov 15, 2010, 06:11 AM
Let me know if you want to play. I'm new too. Can't find many people that are low level, and most that are have good gear already.

Tart
Nov 15, 2010, 07:09 AM
anyone is welcome to hit me up all my char's are called Tart be it lil Tart or Tiny Tart or just Tart
u will see me around at random times as i work in shifts so all over the place at random times
i have a lowbie char aswell only 50 something so willing to all range of runs

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Nov 15, 2010, 04:40 PM
The problem I have is finding people to quest with. Is there any way to find people close to your level? I don't know which planet to look for people on.

Ranmo
Nov 15, 2010, 07:01 PM
Sadly Neudaiz WB is all people do to level up. all the way to level cap in fact. So id reccomend finding pals. Yall can PM me. Me and my pals are always happy helping others. Keeps you with things to do.

Psu5675
Nov 15, 2010, 07:22 PM
try PSP2 ON psp mate

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of trying out PSU (got the game and AoTI downloaded) and have a few questions. Now I read through the stickies at the top but a lot of them seem to be from some years ago (understandable as the game has been out a while but wondering how much is still true). Now I did play PSU for about a month when it was first released in Japan, but due to hacking I let it go (and have no memory of it >.>).

1). Coming from a PSO and PS0, PSP1&2 background is it worth it /needed to play through the offline mode story? Does this unlock anything? Is this true for both the original and AoTI?

3). How is the online community compared to traditional MMOs? Is it easy to find mature folks out there as opposed kiddies spamming leet chat trying to impress each other.?

4) How is the solo experience online? I have a lil baby and wife agro so keeping online for too long can be a problem.

5) Any other final general newbie tips? I am not so much looking to be the biggest baddest but looking for the most fun :)

cheers and thanks very much in advance

try PSP2 ON psp mate it cheap no monthly pay out
if you got a psp then if you Like PSP2 get psu but do not get sucks it it PSU TO MUCH
the updates are a bit slow on psu PSP2 ON PSP will have DLC i think too
the story better on PSP2 and they talk not like psu story

fan boys on here will tell you to get psu but they are fan boy so they will

http://www.amazon.com/Phantasy-Star-Portable-2-Sony-PSP/dp/B003PHLTIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289867395&sr=8-1

MillyB
Nov 15, 2010, 09:26 PM
try PSP2 ON psp mate

if you got a psp then if you Like PSP2 get psu but do not get sucks it it PSU TO MUCH

http://www.amazon.com/Phantasy-Star-Portable-2-Sony-PSP/dp/B003PHLTIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289867395&sr=8-1

Ignore this fool he goes around bashing PSU yet he continues to post update news right when it hits the official forums

Ezodagrom
Nov 15, 2010, 09:44 PM
About the offline mode, it's not required for anything, but if you care about the story, PSU v1 offline mode has a story mode you can't do online, Episode 1. In this mode you play with the character "Ethan Waber" and the story is about the beginning of the SEED invasion.

The other parts of the story, Episode 2 and 3, those you can go through them in the online mode and they're useful to unlock NPCs partner cards. Both episodes you play with the character you created online.

If I'm not mistaken, the first Phantasy Star Portable story happens at the same time as Episode 2, and Phantasy Star Portable 2 story happens 3 years after Episode 3.

DevilBringer
Nov 15, 2010, 10:34 PM
I'm a new guy, lv. 27. Hit up my gtag IWannaBeTheBossto play. I'm on pretty much whenever.

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 17, 2010, 08:23 PM
try PSP2 ON psp mate

That's not cool man he was asking about Phantasy star universe not PSP2 gezz some ppl...