PDA

View Full Version : why are the servers (and website) down on a Sunday morning?

garjian
Nov 14, 2010, 03:24 AM
well yeah... the title says everything...
anyone know why everything is down?

EmulatedAndroid
Nov 14, 2010, 03:31 AM
All I know is that both the demo and retail servers are down. Plus the website is down, as well as www.playsega.com. So, I speculate something bigger is going on. Maybe all of their online play is screwed up?

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 03:32 AM
Not to sure but I was just able to get onto the site, I tied to log into psu but it says my data is locked for ten minutes. They probably had some kind of power outage? Anyway seems like it should be all fine soon enough.

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 03:38 AM
Well at least it was working for a second...Now we play the waiting game!

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 14, 2010, 03:39 AM
Not to sure but I was just able to get onto the site, I tied to log into psu but it says my data is locked for ten minutes. They probably had some kind of power outage? Anyway seems like it should be all fine soon enough.

A power outage we hope!

S-T-H
Nov 14, 2010, 03:40 AM
It seems as if everything but the main Sega site has been down for approximately one hour now. I've been checking things out since I got kicked from the game. One of the other official forum moderators thinks that it may be some ISP issues after looking into it a bit, so it might not actually be them.

Either way, we may have to wait a while for things to get back in order.

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 14, 2010, 03:42 AM

grr i was hoping it didn't come down to that..oh well meh back to reality..8-)

EmulatedAndroid
Nov 14, 2010, 03:43 AM
It seems as if everything but the main Sega site has been down for approximately one hour now. I've been checking things out since I got kicked from the game. One of the other official forum moderators thinks that it may be some ISP issues after looking into it a bit, so it might not actually be them.

It figures something like this would happen.
My first day on PSU since the last day the PC/PS2 servers were up, and this happens. But, like it's been said already, we just have to wait.

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 03:44 AM
Just when I was gona check to see if my serafi senba came out a success I noticed my screen said disconnected. Now i have to wait even longer to see if I have armor...or an awesome freaky doll waiting for me.

RagolianHunter
Nov 14, 2010, 03:49 AM
Bummer, was planning to run a bit.

garjian
Nov 14, 2010, 03:49 AM
well I can now select a character, but when I do, I'm stuck in a perpetual loading screen...
so it's pretty odd... the servers are responding as I can access my characters, but it can't even send an 'interrupt request' as they put it...

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 03:50 AM
Oh hey its you! Spawn! Its midori from earlier! I was waiting to use that rare run with you lol! I used it after you dissapeared :( but back on topic. Yea hope it gets fixed soon

RagolianHunter
Nov 14, 2010, 03:50 AM
Yep same here garjian, it just hangs at the loading screen after u select character.

RagolianHunter
Nov 14, 2010, 03:51 AM
Oh hey its you! Spawn! Its midori from earlier! I was waiting to use that rare run with you lol! I used it after you dissapeared :( but back on topic. Yea hope it gets fixed soon

Ohhh HI!

It's cool was busy around here, was afk in room waiting on someone to send me their card.

Any luck in the rare?

See you in game

FIGHT ON! 8-)

Rochelle
Nov 14, 2010, 03:52 AM
Thank goodness I found this site! I just reregistered 3 days ago to catch up on all the fun I missed and now this. I thought for sure my account was corrupted or something. Shame on you PSU 4 being down :(

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 03:53 AM
PSO world has always been good to me. Just now since less people play I have started to use the official forums as well.

Rochelle
Nov 14, 2010, 04:05 AM
I see they added so much more content - but where have all the people gone? All I see now are small groups of people huddled together on the first floor. There's hardly anyone to give me a tour of the new areas :(

I wonder how many people are left.. I soo love PSU with a passion - I don't care what anyone says lol :3

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 04:07 AM
Ill message ya on your profile page. Dont want people to get irratated lol.

garjian
Nov 14, 2010, 04:09 AM
I see they added so much more content - but where have all the people gone? All I see now are small groups of people huddled together on the first floor. There's hardly anyone to give me a tour of the new areas :(

I wonder how many people are left.. I soo love PSU with a passion - I don't care what anyone says lol :3

well it's a sorry state... you'll find chatter on the 4th floor, but the majority of people a stuck to a particular mission on nudaiz, which I believe has killed this game effectively :/

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 04:12 AM
Yes but there has always been a single hotspot. Its rough. Thats why I have been trying to get a group together and have recently joined a group. If you are interested garj or anyone else just pm me. Dont want to make myself sound like an advertisement in the forum lol.

S-T-H
Nov 14, 2010, 04:24 AM
http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=448

Japan has posted that they are aware of the situation and are investigating.

PinkyMonkey
Nov 14, 2010, 04:32 AM
Bugger I am brand new to the game (despite a small stint when it first came out in Japan..but oh the hackers back then drove me away). I for one hate min/max rewards silliness and power gaming to boot (preferring actual silliness and oddball adventures).. heard there was a good community under the radar hope this a good spot to find folks.... now to find a race/class to play >.>

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Nov 14, 2010, 04:54 AM
How often do the servers usually go down for? I just hope they are back on when I wake up tomorrow. I love PSO and played that for years, just switched over to PSU and it's pretty awesome so far. Especially since I found the RAmar costume to wear.

Leilla-chan
Nov 14, 2010, 05:01 AM
Maybe their was a hack attack from a Psu player because of the bad service D;

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 05:05 AM
Can't really estimate on this one. Seems very unattended. All we can do is hope its fixed tomorrow.

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 14, 2010, 05:08 AM
Maybe their was a hack attack from a Psu player because of the bad service D;

o no as far as we all know all our data is with Segac. :nono:

RubyEclipse
Nov 14, 2010, 05:17 AM
Hey everyone,

Edward is up and working with the team right now, but just a little heads up that this was caused by a bigger power failure here in SF, and they're working to get everything back up now. Since all power was lost, the game servers, website, and even the SEGA forums are all down until everything is restored.

We're hoping to get it back up and running asap - thanks for your patience! :)

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 05:22 AM
Good to have some news. Figured it was something major. Great to be in the loop and not in the dark.

RubyEclipse
Nov 14, 2010, 05:24 AM
Thankfully, my sleep patterns go out the window on the weekends and staying up until 4 AM is not always unheard of. ;) Just glad to be able to get some news out there.

Zarode
Nov 14, 2010, 05:27 AM
So, Clumsy was seen at the San Fransisco power plant with his morning coffee, I see.

RubyEclipse
Nov 14, 2010, 05:58 AM
So, Clumsy was seen at the San Fransisco power plant with his morning coffee, I see.

According to rumors, yes.

That said, there are also rumors going around that Edward is not, in fact, a robot. So don't believe everything you hear.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 14, 2010, 06:01 AM
He must be in cahoots with our Android Cast, Ryna, then.

Lets hope Skynet isn't self aware.

D'em machines = Rage against.

-

Was wondering what was up with forums and blog. Even a cache on the page by google took a while.

Needed to credit, Kellie/Clumsy, after initially crediting GM Edward instead of Clumsy. Found correct spellings thru youtubin the other thing, Ice Skating event.

Credit citing of staff needed for here:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=183573

1 guy, couldn't credit. He's probably content just the same anyway.

ziddy
Nov 14, 2010, 06:20 AM
Man, hectic day. Spend an hour hashing out that "no memberships available" error with xbox support. Had to change live ids to be able to upgrade to gold to be able to buy a guardian's license... Kinda overwhelmed after not having played for a couple years. Then this happens

seems like a sign >_>

Noc Codez
Nov 14, 2010, 06:59 AM
compensation?http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq313/nomad6236/rolling_eyes.gif

Powder Keg
Nov 14, 2010, 07:01 AM
Same shit, different day.

boomadatigger
Nov 14, 2010, 07:34 AM
We can curse on here?

Powder Keg
Nov 14, 2010, 07:42 AM
As long as it's within certain boundaries....I'm pretty sure the mod team doesn't have a problem with it.

appliedphysics
Nov 14, 2010, 07:44 AM
um its been like 5 hrs is psu up yet?

jenbabe1002
Nov 14, 2010, 07:53 AM
oh well with the outage.....not all that excited to go play white beast....as that is all anyone plays anymore. i was off the game for a while and was very disappointed to see that everyone still plays the same level over and over again. with the ability to customize characters now i thought more people would be doing the security missions but no one is ever there. they should have made it more easy to do those with one player because no one is ever in the lobby. no point in using all the great new units and weapons if im just gonna play white beast all the time. what a bummer psu is anymore.

Rogue Doll
Nov 14, 2010, 07:57 AM
Well one good thing came out of this, when looking for info on the downed servers I found this place. Bonus!

garjian
Nov 14, 2010, 08:01 AM
oh well with the outage.....not all that excited to go play white beast....as that is all anyone plays anymore. i was off the game for a while and was very disappointed to see that everyone still plays the same level over and over again. with the ability to customize characters now i thought more people would be doing the security missions but no one is ever there. they should have made it more easy to do those with one player because no one is ever in the lobby. no point in using all the great new units and weapons if im just gonna play white beast all the time. what a bummer psu is anymore.

don't be put off...
find some good friends and keep the variety flowing yourself...
it takes a little effort but it's a fun game if you can manage it...

Ethateral
Nov 14, 2010, 08:16 AM
I like how it comes out translated in Google Chrome. <3

November 14 (Sunday) from around 15:40, and the symptoms can not connect to game server,
The causes, we conducted a survey toward resolution.

Until resolved, but to everyone Sorry for the inconvenience,
Recovery for your patience till now, thank you.

Professor Xavier
Nov 14, 2010, 09:17 AM
Its all gone. No server connection and the web site is down as well.

Whats going on?

thunder-ray
Nov 14, 2010, 09:35 AM
I was hoping since I returned to psu two weeks ago that there wasent going to be any problems :ak: oh well ill wait then.

SMUT
Nov 14, 2010, 09:46 AM
Been back a week after a year and already forcing me to go back to FFXI. oh well.

Cleptomaniac
Nov 14, 2010, 10:07 AM
Servers are up!

Amaury
Nov 14, 2010, 10:36 AM
Servers are up!

Unfortunately, the forums are still down.

boomadatigger
Nov 14, 2010, 10:38 AM
Yes...unfortunately.

Cleptomaniac
Nov 14, 2010, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately, the forums are still down.

It's only unfortunate for people who still actively participate on a game's forum for a game they no longer play.

jenbabe1002
Nov 14, 2010, 10:58 AM
i started playing when the game first came out....have lost touch with alot of the players i used to play with. keeping up hope that better things are to come. i did like the different events they would put on. wish they had more of them. a lot of players come out of hiding when they are going on. looking forward to making new friends.

Rochelle
Nov 14, 2010, 12:20 PM
Ouch!! ..Rollbacks can be soo painful (5 levels lost, and a rare room deco drop) but at least everything is up and running again. Hopefully no more scary outages :P * crosses fingers and toes *

gordon/alpha999
Nov 14, 2010, 01:21 PM
Im feeling disgruntled! Everything is DOWN.

.Jack
Nov 14, 2010, 01:26 PM
Same shit, different day.

Agreed. Oh well, let's just wait it out.....once again

gordon/alpha999
Nov 14, 2010, 01:35 PM
So how long ago this happen?

Ishia
Nov 14, 2010, 02:28 PM
The forum is back online.

ziddy
Nov 14, 2010, 02:32 PM
i started playing when the game first came out....have lost touch with alot of the players i used to play with. keeping up hope that better things are to come. i did like the different events they would put on. wish they had more of them. a lot of players come out of hiding when they are going on. looking forward to making new friends.

Same. It's surprising to see all the people in this thread who are returning after a very long time. I wasn't even aware of the upcoming event. Hopefully I can get back up to speed so I can participate in it

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Nov 14, 2010, 02:43 PM
It happened last night around 2:00 AM EST.

Servers are back up. My character's inventory is empty, but that might be because the servers reset to a point where I had just emptied out all my stuff. Or it could be like in PSO days, when you lost connection you lost all unequipped items.

Rochelle
Nov 14, 2010, 03:12 PM
Same. It's surprising to see all the people in this thread who are returning after a very long time. I wasn't even aware of the upcoming event. Hopefully I can get back up to speed so I can participate in it

Same here.. I played this so long ago and can remember when places like Neudaiz and Parum were soo crowded with people wanting fight Da Ragan or Golvo. I never remember PSU ever going down. Does this happen often now? It's lonely being a noob again lol

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 03:54 PM
Servers going down like this doesnt seem to happen often. I mean there has been issues that pop up every once in a while but not at a terrible consistent rate or anything.

Amaury
Nov 14, 2010, 04:20 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?351408-Server-Issues

Attention, GUARDIANS --

As you may have noticed the Xbox 360 servers experienced some downtime over the weekend, along with forums and the main site.

Players should now be able to log in normally, however please be patient if you have any difficulties. We will continue to monitor and work on this situation.

Additionally, we will add in-game compensation for this outage at a later date. We apologize for any difficulties, and we will announce more information as it is available. Thank you!

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?351403-Servers-down&p=6330520#post6330520

Hey everyone. Just FYI -- I still don't know exactly what happened last night, I just know servers / main site / forums went down for a while. Full version should be up & running now.

We did not perform any rollbacks, and at this time we aren't going to. There shouldn't be any serious issues but if you think there's a problem with your account, please let me know.

Compensation will be added for the downtime and any issues because of it. I don't know at this time what/when it will be but we'll announce that once this is all sorted. :)

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 04:33 PM
Huray for compensation!

Rochelle
Nov 14, 2010, 04:41 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?351408-Server-Issues

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?351403-Servers-down&p=6330520#post6330520

We did have a roll back :( I lost a good drop and some levels. Not that I mind because PSU is my <3 but I feel sorry for people who were waiting on S items or w/e and lost all that time or effort.

Thanks for the update - I'll be sure to log off and log on more often to save where I am - if that works any lol

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 04:44 PM
It doesnt do a save thingy like pSO. so you dont have to worry on that. I got lucky that it seems the rollback is only like 2 hours or so from when it crashed. Since i basically lost nothing and my serafi senba came out a success!

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 14, 2010, 08:49 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?351403-Servers-down&p=6330520#post6330520[/URL]

Wana take bets on megaholy for a couple weeks during the next event? :P

Didn't seem to have any issues on my account (was at work during all this) Big Thanks to the Sega staff for keeping us updated and fixing this in a timely manner.

Remember ppl, Sega can't be held accountable for freak accidents ^.-

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 08:54 PM
Totally agree with the freak accident thing, With the event being close by your guess is probably right on target. It's perfect and probably the easiest to do.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 14, 2010, 09:07 PM
Just a hunch based on all the other times we get compensation. Not a problem in my book. I think it's cool that they're willing to do something extra for us even though it probably wasn't their fault. I look forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Tart
Nov 14, 2010, 09:09 PM
wow so it was not just me i was leveling absolute dance on my lowbie and today noticed absolute dance lv2 scroll up the side of my screen and was all like wtf i had that at 15 i feel for all those people that got a rare drop and have been denied there item :(

Tart
Nov 14, 2010, 09:09 PM
Just a hunch based on all the other times we get compensation. Not a problem in my book. I think it's cool that they're willing to do something extra for us even though it probably wasn't their fault. I look forward to seeing how it all pans out.

i want PA experience boost :P

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 14, 2010, 09:20 PM
i want PA experience boost :P

Haha you got my support on that one buddy!

Tart
Nov 14, 2010, 09:25 PM
I need it for my techer she leveled so fast she had so many rares i was getting them once a day then all the people i ran with felt they needed to repay me and took me on there's was nice but did not realize the damage so many rares did to PA leveling :(

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 14, 2010, 09:28 PM
Try using a kubara tech mag, great pp and low tech. That's how I lvled all my techs on PS2.

Ranmo
Nov 14, 2010, 10:27 PM
Well if they do the reward thing in the event which im sure they will do. We probably will be able to unlock PA boosts. 3* is probably all they will do for yesterdays problem. Which is a lot for it not being their fault. I needs me some PA boost. The only stuff I need to level is magic PAs and its soooo boring leveling them lol.