PDA

View Full Version : Killing the White Beast 1 Noob at a time! Player ideas to end Monotheism in PSU!

Professor Xavier
Nov 15, 2010, 09:04 AM
WIKI quote: Monotheism (from Greek μόνος & θεός) is the belief in the existence of one god,[1] as distinguished from polytheism, the belief in more than one god. OK! Its really simple. (AKA being the White Beast of PSU)

Below is one of my ideas on how to start to end the cycle of the White Beast. I am inviting everyone to post their player ideas here on how to get noobs and everyone for that matter to do other missions.

I goto White Beast. I start a mission with two npc's. Then in the mission name I put (Join in) In the mission message I put (Special Mission to follow).

Then I do a solo speed WB run where I skip all monsters possible to get to the boss where most will join up in block 3. I will have a mic as well as a keyboard. During the mission I will announce we are do XXXXX mission on XXXXXX planet. I will tell them the mission lobby etc. After the WB is killed I will hit the crystal and force everyone out to Otokushitenaku. Where if they want they an buy luck etc. Then return to city and to the flyer base to to go anywhere but WB. The main focus on this is to do fun missions and to communicate with the other players during the mission etc. You will want to talk about the good points of the mission you pick. If you are doing a low level mission or any mission you may have to do it twice to get a full party. If we use speed mode this process should go faster. I will be passing this method on to other players in the game as well. We might use a code in the name or something like that once a lot of us are doing this. So we can join them in their mission etc. This for me will be trial and error.

Once this is an established practice. I would like for everyone starting a WB mission to just name their party after the mission they are going to do. Feel free to post other ideas and suggestions on how to improve the process. Or any other idea you have about how to get people away from white beast.

Again this will be trial and error. I don't expect everyone to go to the next mission. I know others have tried something similar in the past. Trying to get people off WB.

This idea is not really new. But I hope it will help focus the community on something else.

I hope I have some support on this.

TY! PX

MillyB
Nov 15, 2010, 09:48 AM
Good luck with that....

bupjo
Nov 15, 2010, 10:14 AM
i understand peoples hatred of everyone running white beast, but if one is paying to play this game, one should be able to run whatever they want. plus, life is to short...it's just a video game.

milranduil
Nov 15, 2010, 11:37 AM
It doesn't help that they made almost half the materials for the best armor in the game drop there either.

AKA RED FOXX 23
Nov 15, 2010, 12:58 PM
While I respect your noble mission, I fear white beast has been indoctrinated into our gaming patterns. I have posted before about the numerous practical reasons why people spam white beast. I too, prefer to run several other missions, including the GAS missions, but it's nearly impossible to find open parties on the less popular missions. However, I support your ambition so let me know how I can help when I am online.
Gamertag: AKA RED FOXX 23

MillyB
Nov 15, 2010, 01:23 PM
Cheaper Sealed Swords for the win?

thunder-ray
Nov 18, 2010, 04:50 AM
Oh lord......

Sinue_v2
Nov 18, 2010, 05:43 AM
I'm going to start a counter-movement in which whole teams of players don facial hair, equip spears, and talk like pirates as we be huntin' the White Beast. yar.

Ok, so it'll just be me alone in a locked game with Queequeg (Lou) ... but the end result will be the same. White Beast's popularity is more permanent a fixture to PSU than Christmas Lobbies were to PSOX. Nothing is going to dislodge it short of an event. Besides I'm a Deist myself, so don't harsh on me too bad for being non-interventional about these things.

Zarode
Nov 18, 2010, 06:07 AM
I'm going to start a counter-movement in which whole teams of players don facial hair, equip spears, and talk like pirates as we be huntin' the White Beast. yar..

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND PHOTONS, WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE BEAST

BREAK YOUR RARES AND CRACK YOUR HACKS, MEN

IF YOU WISH TO PREVAIL

THIS IVORY HAND IS WHAT PROPELS ME

HAND SPEAR S+ THRUST IN THE SKY

AIM DIRECTLY FOR HIS CROOKED BROW

AND LOOK HIM STRAIGHT IN THE EYE

WHITE

BEAST

YIEL

SENBA (http://imgur.com/tZUrP)

Tart
Nov 18, 2010, 08:33 AM
I am all for running other missions but to be honest i agree with Adios if i need diads i run WB S runs
Did everyone think we are all the cause of this problem as i know every tour i have done ends with a white beast run
On the other hand other than mats nothing of value drops there so i still find it strange that this is the only mission we all run

Darki
Nov 18, 2010, 09:42 AM
WB = good exp + good MP + awesome drops + easy mobs. Find me that and we'll change the place.

Well, now more seriously, I don't run WB too often because I don't synth myself and as long as I meet the level for the missions I like I don't worry about exp, but that's the deal.

If they decided to turn some missions that were MORE difficult than that with better rewards... Becuase, you know, WB is so easy a good Hunter can solo it, and gives a crapload of exp, but most C rank missions don't give even 10 MP.

SolomonGrundy
Nov 18, 2010, 12:47 PM
all they have to do is change the drops in the mission. That will stop the white beast madness in a week.

Done blame players, blame sega

Ranmo
Nov 18, 2010, 01:32 PM
Idk about that. I mean it is segas fault for not doing consistent updates, but at this point. I think even with updates people would still spam WB since all people care about is leveling and getting MP. Then making a new character. Doesn't hurt for sega to try though. Updates could save us all. Either that or someone needs to round up everyone who is willing to do other missions. I saw someone in the official forums is already trying to do so...though I do not know how long it will last.

BIG OLAF
Nov 18, 2010, 01:47 PM
People flock to the easiest, most rewarding mission they can. It's not their fault, they just do it because it makes the most sense. Unfortunately, White Beast is a very easy mission, and shells out the best EXP and MP in accordance with it's low completion time.

I mean, I like White Beast. It's a cool looking mission, but I restrain myself from doing it too often. I pretty much did only White Beast for the past two days, so I'll be taking a break from it for a while, now. I like to experience the rest of the game, regardless of how much EXP or MP a mission gives (it's not like I really need either).

Darki
Nov 18, 2010, 03:41 PM
all they have to do is change the drops in the mission. That will stop the white beast madness in a week.

Done blame players, blame sega

Put the Yohmei sealed swords drop in a different place, for example, and that would do it.

Leilla-chan
Nov 18, 2010, 03:59 PM
I do not get the point why people always discuss about that. The mish just have good things ( already named). Let the people do it, as long as there is no good sevrice and many updates there is nothing other thing to do.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Nov 18, 2010, 05:03 PM
There was someone on Leo standing to the right of the Neudaiz landing point, greeting everyone with a "White Beast, right this way!! Enjoy!!"

I stayed for a while to watch people's reactions. It was pretty funny. Most people would stop, consider it for a second, then keep going. Some people got offended.

BluexRose
Nov 18, 2010, 05:58 PM
Sadly white is places fer new people so if they don't stick around there's your answer ^^

appliedphysics
Nov 19, 2010, 01:39 AM
I like white beast, but I would rather do other missions. I recentlly got back on psu with a new account and have been using wb to lvl up. Now that I have two lvl 75+ I'm going to do other missions. Me n my friends run dancing birds, flowery pursuit, de ro lie, n mother brain.
I like your idea n I will use it in the future, but we have gbr for two weeks n az hopefully to follow. I will start adding the next mission im doing in my party comment for wb when az is over.

Hey if you want to do some runs with me my gt is appliedphysics1 msg me or look for me in game my characters are all named bruce n my online status is always one man wolf pack.

ReprovedReaper
Nov 19, 2010, 11:03 AM
I'll do WB for same reason as everyone else, easy EXP and MP, u can't go wrong there but I'm all for doing other missions.

if some one want to do other missions I'm in, but I don't what the leader spot

MillyB
Nov 19, 2010, 11:38 AM
Why do people care? How is it effecting you? >....<

NiceOnes
Nov 19, 2010, 04:20 PM
Why do people care? How is it effecting you? >....<

It affects us because a person can't find a party to run anything else with! If you want to run with a party you're cornered into having to run the f'in WB!

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 19, 2010, 05:38 PM
When nobody's online on my cards list, i go straight to the pavilion of air, its much easier to find a party, if some if my friends are online we'll try to do good range of different mission's. so thats my only reason i do white beast and along with many other reason's such as MP and time it take's .

BluexRose
Nov 20, 2010, 11:29 AM
It affects us because a person can't find a party to run anything else with! If you want to run with a party you're cornered into having to run the f'in WB!

Exactlly!!!!!!!!!!!!

dias_flac_0g
Nov 21, 2010, 07:26 AM
People can play whatever the **** they want plain and simple.

This isnt going anywhere no matter how hard you try. WB is here to stay.

Dragwind
Nov 21, 2010, 05:09 PM
Try the GBR. I checked earlier on today, and barely anyone was at White Beast. I then took a trip up to 4th floor and the whole crowd was up there.

However, when GBR ends, everyone will go back to White Beast. You can only temporarily move people away from one of the best grind missions in the game.

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2010, 05:17 PM
Throughout the history of PSU, there's always been one mission that trumped all others. White Beast is far from the first mission in the line of "popular" missions. Anyone remember these other ones?

Plains Overlord (when the game came out)
Her Secret Mission
Lab Recovery (AKA "Seabed")
Bruce's Dungeon

...so, this "one mission" mindset is not a new thing.

MillyB
Nov 21, 2010, 05:35 PM
Try the GBR. I checked earlier on today, and barely anyone was at White Beast. I then took a trip up to 4th floor and the whole crowd was up there.

However, when GBR ends, everyone will go back to White Beast. You can only temporarily move people away from one of the best grind missions in the game.

After this GBR ends, everyone will go play the New Event Absolute Zero.

Dragwind
Nov 21, 2010, 05:41 PM
Indeed it is not a new thing. Specific grind and/or "popular" missions have always existed in PSU, and even in PSO, with those examples you brought up being perfect ones. However, it seems White Beast has held it's title for way too long now.

Granted that we get it as soon as soon as the GBR ends, which I doubt, but I'm hoping for.

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2010, 06:33 PM
However, it seems White Beast has held it's title for way too long now.

I agree with that statement, definitely. Even though the "one mission" mindset isn't a new thing, and is also completely normal in ORPGs like PSU, I do believe that 3+ years (I think that's how long it's been ^^;) is way too long for a single mission to hold the title of "most beneficial/popular".

thunder-ray
Nov 22, 2010, 05:08 PM

However, when GBR ends, everyone will go back to White Beast. You can only temporarily move people away from one of the best grind missions in the game.I sure would love to run GBR but everytime I try to run this damn mission ppl in the party ether all leave or I get kicked for no reason. The other day when I tried to do the dang GBR I got kicked from 3 different parties to the point to were I got sick of looking for parties and I just logged off. There are times like this that I wish I had my old account so I can solo the GBR myself and not waste my time dealing with random parties :mad:

Leilla-chan
Nov 22, 2010, 05:49 PM

Hehe would be cool but i think Sega will take a while with that. Hope you can midjoin in that event;)

NiceOnes
Nov 23, 2010, 03:58 PM
This thread reeks of favortism. Seems to me that a couple replies have been deleted!

Almost feels like Iran or communist China around here lately....

Wonder how long this one will stay up.

WEAKSAUCE OPS..

Anyways.... Maybe the following is more appropriate!

I love White Beast! Why would anyone run anything else!? Who would even make this thread!? WB FTW!!! WB! WB! WB!

pikachief
Nov 23, 2010, 11:06 PM
[BEGIN OLD MAN VOICE]

Back in my day everyone played Plains Overlord C-A not realizing that sleeping warriors was better.

Then it was A variety of missions, then it twas Her secret mission! And everyone thought it was gonna be taken away every single maintenance for several months since we just got the great fire event of '06! And then after a good while everyone was spamming Bruce's dungeon B and A sayin it twas teh best exp even though i was leveling up faster at Valley of Carnage C... ... ... And there were elitists like Hulk and ZtNoLuck, which were much cooler and memorable than all these elitists u have now adays....

where was I? Oh! Then we got Crimson Beast that was played a lot... And then we went through the great SEABED Epidemic! Twas really a shame! No one even know what mission they were playing! "Hey lets do Lab Recovery!" You'd might say and then everyone would look at ya as if you had an old willow tree growing outta ya forehead! Not to mention the fact that if you couldnt catch the train to good ol' lab recovery you had to walk through 10 feet of snow and fight a dragon and a giant pig that would drop these lolipop double sabers to everyone EXCEPT YOU!

.... *falls asleep*....

*wakes up!* 1UP CUP!!! That was nice, back then we didn't get updates very well but I haven't been on in a while so im asuming thats all changed by now.

Oh where was I? oh I remember, we got an expansion and everyone left seabed for quite some time until this white beast fella came out. I was thinkin, this mission is very bland and nothing good comes of it. I hope i never gotta play this one again!...

And then ZtNoLuck quit this game for Halo 3 and Kitty makes the most delicious Pineapple upside down cake... but i'd never know cuz i never get any.

Well I think I'm just ramblin now so i'll let ya get back to your repeated failure of a GBR :)

[END OLD MAN VOICE]

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 25, 2010, 04:40 PM
[BEGIN OLD MAN VOICE]

Not to mention the fact that if you couldnt catch the train to good ol' lab recovery you had to walk through 10 feet of snow

You left out "Uphill both ways"

Seriously tho, I remember all thos good old days myself, bottom line that a alot of people tend to forget (or never knew) is that there has always been a hotspot where you can find a majority of the population running the same thing day in and day out.

White Beast is just the longest running for reasons that others have stated already.
Doesn't mean it sucks any less, but bottom line, you can always ask people up there if they're up for anything else and though it takes a little time, you can usually get a group for other runs.

PSU Phere
Nov 29, 2010, 04:06 PM
good luck with this mang :) i tried doing this about 2 years ago xD

PSU Phere
Nov 29, 2010, 04:11 PM
[BEGIN OLD MAN VOICE]

Back in my day everyone played Plains Overlord C-A not realizing that sleeping warriors was better.

Then it was A variety of missions, then it twas Her secret mission! And everyone thought it was gonna be taken away every single maintenance for several months since we just got the great fire event of '06! And then after a good while everyone was spamming Bruce's dungeon B and A sayin it twas teh best exp even though i was leveling up faster at Valley of Carnage C... ... ... And there were elitists like Hulk and ZtNoLuck, which were much cooler and memorable than all these elitists u have now adays....

where was I? Oh! Then we got Crimson Beast that was played a lot... And then we went through the great SEABED Epidemic! Twas really a shame! No one even know what mission they were playing! "Hey lets do Lab Recovery!" You'd might say and then everyone would look at ya as if you had an old willow tree growing outta ya forehead! Not to mention the fact that if you couldnt catch the train to good ol' lab recovery you had to walk through 10 feet of snow and fight a dragon and a giant pig that would drop these lolipop double sabers to everyone EXCEPT YOU!

.... *falls asleep*....

*wakes up!* 1UP CUP!!! That was nice, back then we didn't get updates very well but I haven't been on in a while so im asuming thats all changed by now.

Oh where was I? oh I remember, we got an expansion and everyone left seabed for quite some time until this white beast fella came out. I was thinkin, this mission is very bland and nothing good comes of it. I hope i never gotta play this one again!...

And then ZtNoLuck quit this game for Halo 3 and Kitty makes the most delicious Pineapple upside down cake... but i'd never know cuz i never get any.

Well I think I'm just ramblin now so i'll let ya get back to your repeated failure of a GBR :)

[END OLD MAN VOICE]

MAN! i know EXACTLY what your talking about! I miss Seabed too :'( and not the SB we have NOW, the one we had like 50 Jarba's during the run and u WERE afraid of them xD all of the noobs would be too used to running WB to be able to run a SeaBed on C without dying ;) haha

SolomonGrundy
Nov 30, 2010, 02:04 PM
I miss each job having a Role in the party.

There were enemies you needed to use techs to deal with.
DoT on Goldova REALLY helped take it down fast.
Fighting types were the only ones who went near Kog Nads

and there was soloing - but only very specific missions, and only very specific classes could handle those missions.

PS: I hate those darn "new fangled" master classes. Worst idea evar.

Tita
Dec 3, 2010, 01:23 AM
NOTE TO ALL WIFE BEAT--er, WHITE BEAST SPAMMERS:

HIT. THE. CRYSTALS.
It benefits you, and it benefits everyone else.

please? pretty please with sugar on top?

Darki
Dec 3, 2010, 04:16 AM
I miss each job having a Role in the party.

There were enemies you needed to use techs to deal with.
DoT on Goldova REALLY helped take it down fast.
Fighting types were the only ones who went near Kog Nads

and there was soloing - but only very specific missions, and only very specific classes could handle those missions.

PS: I hate those darn "new fangled" master classes. Worst idea evar.

In my oppinion they fucked it up from the Acro classes. They were an excuse to sell AotI, they don't even make sense. (AT with cast & fight speed bonus, bu requiring HU and RA? lol. Getting S rank whips when they don't know how to hold one? lolx2. Same with the AF, they can even use cards without even beng forces, and to use a damn bow being PT you gotta get to FO 5).

MillyB
Dec 3, 2010, 05:15 AM
Guess I was right about Absolute Zero coming today when I said it 2 weeks ago :)

appliedphysics
Dec 3, 2010, 06:11 AM
Yes milly u were right, but my post about the event date was 3 days earlier, so u can't take the credit.

Anyway is az up n running? How many noobs are still at wb?

Guess I was right about Absolute Zero coming today when I said it 2 weeks ago :)

Akaimizu
Dec 3, 2010, 09:05 AM
Monotheism? You mean people actually worship that White Beast like some sect in some Dr. Who episode? I've yet to see the shrines.