Brave-Charm
Nov 15, 2010, 10:58 PM
When?

ashley50
Nov 15, 2010, 11:07 PM
it needs giant monsters to be hunted.

Ranmo
Nov 16, 2010, 01:17 AM
Bosses that put fear into players, and not lol @ how fast they die.

Pirrip
Nov 16, 2010, 01:21 AM
A bigger fanbase, duh...

I would also say varying armors and slot units that you can SEE on your character if you so choose to... So that you can construct bonus sets with more visual flair to them.
Are you listening PSO 2? I'm expecting just this, so you had better not let me down.

Darki
Nov 16, 2010, 04:33 AM
- WATER.

I can't believe having a damn f**ing water planet like Neudaiz and there's no freaking water-animal themed monster.

- Moar cities.

I understand the pros and cons about making an open-world game and bleh bleh... But what's the bad thing about making a couple cities per planet? (in case of PSU, of course, for if PSO 2 is going to happen in more than one location).

There is a crapload of useless lobbies in PSU where you only needed to add 4 more rooms and voilą!, you get a weapons, clothes, synth, and parts shop. I never understood why in a game based in 3 planets there's only ONE playable city per planet, How many cities can be in a WHOLE planet...?

About transports I don't see the point in a game where there isn't an open world, the idea of a transport in a MMO is bassically to go in and move faster to point A to point B, when in this game, missions are the only thing to do. Maybe if there was a "pseudo" open world, it could be useful. What I mean with this is, that maybe if there were a couple locations in the planet, there could be some "open areas" that would be like normal missions, with "auto" rank for monsters (a.k.a. you get the monsters at the same level as you, or the lowest level in the party if that's the case), so that you can just go on the run through 3 blocks from city to city. There wouldn't be rewards or even "mission", propperly talking, so you could just go on your airboard and run for it to the end of the path, with the occassional kill for opening a door, maybe.

Pirrip
Nov 16, 2010, 04:39 AM
WATER.

I can't believe having a damn f**ing water planet like Neudaiz and there's no freaking water-animal themed monster.

Phantasy Star Online Episode I had sharks! (Yes, okay, they did have legs, I'll give you that.) Oh! But it also had a swimming De Rol Le boss! (It wasn't in an ocean and all, I know... It wasn't like a wild animal swimming about) Oh! What about the Alex-Mack-like jelly puddle aquatic things? Pofuilly Slimes? (Maybe that's not a water animal, but it IS water-like.)
Phantasy Star Zero has a HUGE OCTOPUS BOSS! (Yeah! that's a water-themed animal, there's no denying that one) It also has seal-like enemies, but there's no proof they could swim.

Darki
Nov 16, 2010, 04:48 AM
I understand that but I think you get my point. It would be cool to go INTO a river and get real sharks pop out and try to bite your 4$$, or even going to some underwater missions (that could even make it for some equipement needs such as a (futuristic) skuba set.

I know I might ask too much from SEGAC, but it would be cool.

BTW, I loved those Pan Arms there in ol' PSO, they were cute. xD

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 17, 2010, 02:51 AM
I think vehicles:-D

lol it's funny to see that info on the vehicle's http://phantasystaruniverse.com/game_extra.php when there are none ! or was that like before because that would be good, but it failed eh? oh well

Shou
Nov 17, 2010, 03:26 AM
So many things...

*oh wow I posted -.-*

Crysteon
Nov 17, 2010, 03:43 AM
So many things...

*oh wow I posted -.-*

Still alive, huh? rofl

Shou
Nov 17, 2010, 01:31 PM
I posted a lil while ago that I would be taking a long break. Ill be back when a large update is announced. I'm still lurking though :wacko:

Crysteon
Nov 17, 2010, 02:12 PM
I posted a lil while ago that I would be taking a long break. Ill be back when a large update is announced. I'm still lurking though :wacko:

Pfftt...excuuuuuseeeees...

Leilla-chan
Nov 17, 2010, 02:22 PM
Good Service and Updates like Japanese Servers for the US servers ;)

MillyB
Nov 17, 2010, 02:42 PM
Good Service and Updates like Japanese Servers for the US servers ;)

This+ Photon Chairs:-P

Leilla-chan
Nov 17, 2010, 02:46 PM
ahh like the ones from psobb?;D was funny to slide with them

MillyB
Nov 17, 2010, 02:49 PM
ahh like the ones from psobb?;D was funny to slide with them

Ya, also I forgot to add don't forget choo choo soccer!

Pirrip
Nov 17, 2010, 02:56 PM
For the most part, I would like to have one universal server. Other smaller things would be no big deal, since I don't consider the game broken(Well, okay... maybe some strategy about EXP so that the game doesn't consist of a single run*white beast cough*).

Dragwind
Nov 17, 2010, 06:15 PM
Simply put, more advertising. I believe if there was more advertising, the fan base would grow, funding would grow, and it would just blossom from there.

Darki
Nov 17, 2010, 06:22 PM
There's some stuff that for me it would be perfect if they did and that probably would make me stop playing PSU and go to PSO2.

Main thing is, more dinamic Photon Arts. They started well with guns in PSPo2, if I recall well, but they still could do better.

If you can use photon energy for taking two daggers and literally levitate with them, or control with telekinesis them to make them fly like yo-yos, I dont know why you couldn't throw a Foie while doing a triple mortal.

What I mean is that, maybe they could do "magic" or whatever they wanna call Techs on next game, and guns in a way that you not only stay there standing while waving your wand or pulling the trigger, but actually combo'ing.

TheAstarion
Nov 17, 2010, 07:57 PM
Create-a-class from the ground up, with the option to use a premade one from the HU/RA/FO(+VA?) archetypes.

An open world would be the next logical step, something every other MMO seems to have. Towns, if not offering unique shop stock, could at least show the similarities and differences in culture on the same planet, like how Parum is the human planet with a very small proportion of CASTs who just so happen to be at the top of the social heirarchy.

Vehicles, summonable by a nanotransformer or whatever the next instance of applied phlebtonium will give us, most likely a special one you need to earn, would be good for getting through the open world without encountering dudes, or being able to just run them over in your nitro laser tractor or rocket hover steamroller.

CAST-fleshie dichotomy was pretty good IMO, but I think any race sufficiently different should use significantly different clothes like CASTs do. Say if the next gen Beasts were more catlike, had a maximum height of 80% that of humans, and had rear-jointed legs. The tops could be interchangeable, but bottoms would have to be neo-Beast only, something to set them apart. That or a tail.

I'm on the fence when it comes to visible armour. I think the player should be able to toggle it on or off for the character they're using. Line shields allow characters wearing nothing but a towel to take a hit with the force of a speeding train. That, or just make all armourlike parts into mix & match clothing; a mage fully encased in armour does look pretty cool.

Free assignment of weapons to hands. Dagger & Saber. Handgun & shield. Tech-mag & Range-mag... if they even exist. Even doubling up weapons, like twin whips. Perhaps not to attack at the same time, but to alternate between a vivi danga whip and a vivi dezza whip would look pretty cool for instance. And letting someone be left-handed wouldn't be so bad, would it? We can't have an accurate Link, even though the Hylian Shield is in PSZero.

Darki
Nov 17, 2010, 10:15 PM
The open-world thing, I think that would end a bit with the style of the game. I like the idea, though, of different cities and locations, maybe with a free "world" between them to fool around. Also, if there are beasts again, I'm 100% with the rear jointed legs.

I don't know how did I forget about the weapon wielding thing, I had that idea looong long ago and I posted it on the official forums but of course it was just an idea. The "best" thing would be to have freedom wit all weapon combos, making all more dinamic if possible. There won't be any "twin" weapons, but one handed and twohanded, and you can equip the one handed ones as you want, using the same type of weapon to make the "twin", with the exeption, possibly, of knuckles, that would be twthe only two handed "twin" weapon.

If you think about it, is not that difficult for making combos for weapon combinations, there arent that much. You have already the twin weapons, so what's left would be saber + dagger, saber + claw, saber + whip, saber + slicer, dagger + claw, dagger + whip, dagger + slicer, claw + whip, claw + slicer, whip + slicer, and then you'd go with the new "twin" weapons: twin slicers and twin whips. I don't think it would be too much to make new "normal" combos for those weapon combinations, maybe you could even discard slicer and make it only a "single" weapon, as usng it in combination with any other melee weapon would be useless, but a twin slicer would just kick ass. I guess it'd be the same if they added more/less single weapons, just the same logic.

So when you equip two melee weapons of different types, you can get a combined normal combo, keeping each its skills. In the case you equip two weapons of the same type, then you'd unlock the, what we could call, "twin combo": you can use a PA in each weapon, or use a "twin combo" PA (for example you could use Buten in one hand and Hikai in the other, OR Mobu with both).

With guns, it might be simpler: if you equip two guns, you can choose between firing both at the same time or keep them independently. This way you can equip two handguns to make twin handguns, but could also make twin cards, twin machineguns or twin crossbows. Mpaybe combination attacks could be tweaked a little, like making twin machineguns more like mechguns of old PSO.

Finally, with wands, the combo could use something new: appart from being able to equip 4 techs instead of 4, combination techs could lead to more dinamic teching, like Double Rafoies, concentrated Gidigas/Dambartas, or even Foie-frenzy. xD If teche were like in PSO, not linked to weapon, it would be the same: using techs with a twin wand would have the "combination" effect.

And if they were shields, maybe if you had two shields at the same time you could do something cool, like area-blocking damage. For combos with different hands, it would use just mirrored combos (I mean, if you use saber/dagger, or dagger/saber), and in case of twin/two handed weapons you could choose if you wanna be leftie or not.

But this is something I'm sure we won't see.

Seth Astra
Nov 17, 2010, 10:46 PM
Although I love the idea of removing the hand requirements from weaponry, I think twin weapons should stay as is, though.

Darki
Nov 17, 2010, 11:22 PM
What would be the difference between using two Crimsons and a Two-Headed Ragnus? Of Course they have different stats, but that could be solved adding a general att./acc. mod to twin weapons: for example, sabers getting their att. reduced to 60% and acc. reduced to 90% when used as a combination with another melee weapon. The PP issue could be solved by draining the PP of both weapons at the same time when using combo'ed PAs.

The main issue I would note would be to actually get the two Crimsons (in the example), for getting the "real" Two-Headed Ragnus: you'd have to get two Crimsons. But that could be solved in many ways. The simplest that come to my mind is actually keeping the "twin" weapons as a drop and even synth board (if we get this again), but appearing in your inventory as the single handed weapon. Again with the example, you could find, buy or synth a Two-Headed Ragnus, but in your inventory, you'd have two Crimsons.

But for the rest of the details, it would be exactly the same, or even better, I'd say, being able to use two elements at the same time, or using two different weapons together to make a cool-looking weapon. It cold allow very interesting combos, like for example some that we have now: you could use two Sanges, or two Yashas, but using a Sange and a Yasha would get you a special bonus that would make the combo stand over other combinations.

In the other hand, what would happen if you had twin weapons in a separate way, and equiped two single weapons of the same type? Wouldnt that make a twin weapon? It'd be redundant, and if you ask me personally, I'd say cheap and lazy.

TheAstarion
Nov 18, 2010, 07:25 PM
Perhaps... how about if you could equip a saber onto a twin saber? Like if you really like the tiga de ragan's offhand saber, you could flip it, and hence have that in your right hand, and put say a DB saber in your left hand. That way, your right hand, the "twin saber" hand could have twin saber PAs attached, using the twin saber's element, and in your left hand you have a single saber with single saber PAs.

The lazy way for free-wielding is to just to click switch between, say, whip hand in whip mode, and slicer hand in slicer mode, rather than formulating a complex super awesome move where you snag the slicer blade from midair and ribbondance it like a 20-foot flail of epic doom. Easy way, chikki, chikki, run out, vivi, vivi, vivi, oh look chikki recharged, chikki, chikki, chikki. Hard way, fire a slicer salvo into the air in slow motion a'la hellzone grenade/overlord's wrath, and collect the airborne blades along the length of your whip, spin to get more momentum, rape ensues.

Also, shotgun-scythes. A shotgun in line with the blade of the scythe, that fires when the scythe blade pierces armour.

Another idea I had was that you could level your elemental affinities. A reasonably balanced force might have a slight leaning towards fire-techs, light-techs and support, but you could have someone so focused in dark that their other elements are neglected. You can do this in PSU, but what I'm also thinking is that you attach your elements to things like weapons, armour, spell types (beam, salvo, radial, spray, sustain, etc) and gain a bonus the more you have aligned. So dark weapon, dark armour, dark on all your spells, skills, traps, etc... you're a dark-type player, and are just as in danger from light enemies as light enemies are from you; your skill as a player (PSO/PSU's control system is much more fluid and responsive than most MMOs) determines how good this risk/return is. Or you could leave your spells non-elemental, which would be like leaving your guns without bullets in PSU.

Darki
Nov 19, 2010, 02:19 AM
Maybe making PAs for free wielding combinations other than twin weapons would be a bit to much to ask (although I really lol'd with the idea about the slicer/whip rape). I'd say just that you equip slicer and whip together and then you keep their respective PAs, but you "win" a custom "normal" combo (non PA) where you use the slicer and whip together.

For twin weapons it could be just that if you like the Tiga De Ragan's off saber you can take it and separate in two sabers, then equip that and the DB together for a new twin saber combo (although the "Tiga De Ragan" combo of sabers would have a "mini-set bonus"), and you could equip any PA you want, being two twin PAs, or two single PAs, or one twin and other single. the thing would be that equiping two sabers together would grant you the "twin saber normal combo" motion.

And, MAYBE there could be special PAs (for example some equivalent to frag PAs) that equip with certain cobinations, like for example your overlord rape with whip/slicer.