PDA

View Full Version : PSP2: I am starting to kick/blacklist people.

8bitBass
Nov 16, 2010, 11:30 AM
Seriously, there is nothing that infuriates me more than when someone is spamming PA's and ruining almost every chain (especially with some of the tougher enemies.)

Don't people realize that you can breeze through a run in the fraction of the time, if everyone worked together to chain attacks and take down stronger enemies quicker?

I just don't have time to deal with these people anymore, especially when I see techs like Diga being hurled again and again.

hyjin
Nov 16, 2010, 11:51 AM
some people are just trying to use the same tactic they used on PSP and PSU.
they dont understand the point of chains yet

8bitBass
Nov 16, 2010, 11:53 AM
some people are just trying to use the same tactic they used on PSP and PSU.
they dont understand the point of chains yet

Perhaps, but they are at Levels in the 80's - 90's. You would think that 80-90 hours into the game they would have figured it out:-?

Altoh
Nov 16, 2010, 11:58 AM
Yea I know what you mean. I don't mind as long as the chain gets past 5 though I do like when it's at 10 or higher. But when people keep spamming Absolute dance or something without even doing a normal hit that just ticks me off, and these people are 90+.

hyjin
Nov 16, 2010, 11:58 AM
Perhaps, but they are at Levels in the 80's - 90's. You would think that 80-90 hours into the game they would have figured it out:-?

Seriously i bet they would have found out by now...

Witchblade56
Nov 16, 2010, 12:01 PM
Personally? I gave up on trying to do chains in ransoms pts. I got so pissed off I couldn't see straight, so I would log off and play solo lol.

There was only one time I was able to see high chains and that was weeks ago. I would love to see if there is a title for chains higher than 50.

Altoh
Nov 16, 2010, 12:11 PM
Personally? I gave up on trying to do chains in ransoms pts. I got so pissed off I couldn't see straight, so I would log off and play solo lol.

There was only one time I was able to see high chains and that was weeks ago. I would love to see if there is a title for chains higher than 50.

there is a 80 chain title

Scau-Demon
Nov 16, 2010, 12:11 PM
There is a title for a 80 hit chain. I got it with a great group doing an Ancient Invader S run.
I'm usually okay with small mobs, but if they are aurad or they are the stronger enemies, plase, get a chain above 2....I usually like it if its 10+

kojikatsuya
Nov 16, 2010, 12:15 PM
Seriously, there is nothing that infuriates me more than when someone is spamming PA's and ruining almost every chain (especially with some of the tougher enemies.)

Don't people realize that you can breeze through a run in the fraction of the time, if everyone worked together to chain attacks and take down stronger enemies quicker?

I just don't have time to deal with these people anymore, especially when I see techs like Diga being hurled again and again.

I hear you. I've been getting people who after 5 chain start spamming Blade Destruction. That is probably one of the most broken PAs in the game.

The way things are going with me, I'll probably never hit that 80 chain title.

NeoMatrix
Nov 16, 2010, 12:15 PM
... I would love to see if there is a title for chains higher than 50.

There is. after 50, is the 80 chain title. And amazingly enough, I got that title with a random party online. Though, that was a while ago. The last game I just played in, people had trouble going past 15 or so without breaking... which was quite annoying in a high-level S rank mission...

edit: wow... triple ninja'd

kongajinken
Nov 16, 2010, 12:18 PM
Maybe there too used to playing solo where a 10 chain is usually unnecessary?

8BitGinno
Nov 16, 2010, 12:22 PM
Gotta stop playing with randoms 8Bit. ;)

Ce'Nedra
Nov 16, 2010, 12:22 PM
I mostly don't have the patience to build up a large chain, I often (and mostly offline) break it after 5 or so, on the bigger mobs and bosses I always try to get it in the range of 10-20 though. Lately I've been trying to break chains lesser to let it build up higher, and I must say it works quite well.

I know I'm not to great on bulding up chains, but people who don't build chains at all are bugging me as well.

Witchblade56
Nov 16, 2010, 12:25 PM
I go for high chains on aura'd mobs solo. It actually makes things easier. Non aura mobs I kill as quickly as possible. I do chain then but never get very high lol.

8bitBass
Nov 16, 2010, 12:36 PM
There is. after 50, is the 80 chain title. And amazingly enough, I got that title with a random party online. Though, that was a while ago. The last game I just played in, people had trouble going past 15 or so without breaking... which was quite annoying in a high-level S rank mission...

edit: wow... triple ninja'd

Got the 50 with a random (just me and him) otherwise 80 takes some serious commitment and teamwork.

8bitBass
Nov 16, 2010, 12:38 PM
Gotta stop playing with randoms 8Bit. ;)

yeah I know,:-P but who else here is online 11PM PST?? :-?

I am not asking people to do 50 or even 20, but I think 10 is a decent number for a larger enemy (I don't care about mobs.)

Tamlin42
Nov 16, 2010, 04:12 PM
I've been in many parties where I'm the only one Chaining past 3. While Annoying, its not worth kicking anyone. (Unless you warned them in the Room description.) ONCE in something like 50+ hours of playing randoms on-line I bumped into a party that found out what happens when the Chain goes beyond 80. (We hit a Chain of 82 then it wrapped around and everyone PAed on a Chain of 3. It was FUNNY! They were Shocked.)

I actually had to get my Jackhammer Title solo: I bought a neutral "Twin Handgun" at the store, gave it to a lv12 Cast Ranger (though a Cast Vanguard would do as well), linked it to a lv8 Save Bullets, and took her into "Multiped Threat". (It MAY have been under Multiplayer.) She killed everything with her favourite weapons EXCEPT a lone Jeris. Then she pulled out the "Twin Handguns" and started circling the Jeris while firing with Lock-On. Because she was constantly on the move, it never managed to hit her and it didn't move away fast enough or far enough to break the chain. With the Save Bullets linked to the weapon, she was able to regenerate PP ALMOST as fast as she was using them. I used a LOW level PA so she'd do less damage per hit so it would survive getting Chained to 80. When the chain wrapped around, she pulled out her favourite weapon, finished it off, and simply Quit the Mission to collect her Title. Easy. :-)

Edit: Oops! Forgot to mention that I sent her in ALONE. No NPCs to mess up the Chain.

GeoSword
Nov 17, 2010, 05:01 AM
yeah I know,:-P but who else here is online 11PM PST?? :-?

I am mostly. During the week, I'm home by 12am (10pm PST) and playing till about 3 or 4am (which is a window from 10pm - 2am PST). So if you see me drop me a in-game mail.

Bovrillor
Nov 17, 2010, 06:45 AM
I've had chains of 50+ using a freshly created female cast ranger on one of the early levels... the one with the dragon in the woods. My synth (the bear looking thing) was up against the wall getting pounded and I let loose with the dual handguns. Now and then he'd get up and help out a little. Guess I was lucky he didn't break it.

80, though? Hmm... Maybe set one of your quick chat macros to 'Attempting 80+ chain title' and spam it online. Not everyone online is thick :)

Zeek123
Nov 20, 2010, 01:29 PM
As it's been said, I'm guessing most of the PA spammers just aren't aware of the bonus chains get. I've been playing through the story mode, and I really can't recall an explanation of the uses of chains. I thought the addition was just cosmetic for titles for a few hours until I went online and someone actually explained it to me.

GUARDIANDNL
Nov 20, 2010, 06:00 PM
usually when i play online iīm trying to get at least to 20 in a boss fight...i got angry with a friend that never...NEVER biuld chains...for him dealing 300 after 2 chains was enough damage...then i tell him to do nothing and i show him what 50 chain can do on a boss...

it is funny that i get the 80 chain title doing MAX II solo with 2 npcs....i got to 85...i was so thankful that my npcs didnīt break it earlier...

also i learn that it is better not to use a knock back PA when playing online...cause it mess with the attack formation cause anyone has the same pattern for lesser enemies on their screen.

8bitBass
Nov 21, 2010, 11:59 AM
I am mostly. During the week, I'm home by 12am (10pm PST) and playing till about 3 or 4am (which is a window from 10pm - 2am PST). So if you see me drop me a in-game mail.

cool, how do I find ya? what is your character's name?

Ishia
Nov 21, 2010, 01:14 PM
Kick them, with love.

Msr. Bojangles
Nov 26, 2010, 05:05 AM
...There are people who don't chain mobs? I have the habit of chaining mobs, saying to myself 'just one more shot, c'mon!'... and then before I know it, they die from my love of big numbers. :<

But I do understand the frustration. It happens in EVERY online game, sadly... There are just people who absolutely refuse to learn how to play a game well so that the high end content can be gotten through with some form of ease.

Donbanana
Nov 26, 2010, 11:32 PM
Maybe there too used to playing solo where a 10 chain is usually unnecessary?
Not just unnecessary but down right annoying to pull off considering the AI of your partners deciding to shatter your chain every 5 seconds anyway.
My point though and sorry if its already been said, is that these players may just be used to solo play and with communication in game being so bad its hard to educate them.

Roger Triton
Nov 28, 2010, 04:41 PM
I think the little kids (and older folks who suck at gaming but think they can roll with us) are the ones spamming the same attacks over and over. Have no brain, do nothing new. The motto of the W.o.W. generation maybe?

8bitBass
Dec 1, 2010, 03:23 AM
My point though and sorry if its already been said, is that these players may just be used to solo play and with communication in game being so bad its hard to educate them.

I don't buy it. No one playing for 80 hours can be ignorant on how a chain can help destroy a monster quickly.

I also had to kick a dude earlier today on an urgent mission since he wasn't helping us with switches and was moving ahead of the level without us.