PDA

View Full Version : Hey Let's fucking play Dwarf Fortress

KodiaX987
Nov 16, 2010, 05:13 PM
What it says on the tin. We gather seven or eight players, we pick up DF2010 and shove a few mods in there to put the spice factor up, and then we let loose with a hilarious succession game.

PLAYERS (not necessarily the turn order)

1 - Shurikane
2 - Zarohead
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -

Player count may be slightly higher or lower depending on the proportion of oldies and n00bs who feel interested enough.

If you are not familiar with DF or succession games, you'll want to know these can result in epic scenarios. If you doubt me, read this shit now (http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Boatmurdered/Update%201-1/)!

Gameplay is as follows: each person plays one year of in-game time, so once you see "Spring has arrived!" your turn is over. Feel free to manage according to your own quirks, though you should avoid going out of your way to destroy the fortress (at least until very late), or conversely, build such a foolproof defense system that danger becomes nonexistent. We rely on the fact that there will be multiple leaders each with their own style and personal agenda. Players have one week to complete their turn or skip it and pass it on to someone else. In short, classical Boatmurdered rules.

So for fuck's sake, make sure you'll have time to play. Playing one turn is anywhere between thirty minutes and three hours depending on what you wanna do.

Reply if interested. If we get enough players, I'll start looking for mods and prepare a save.

Outrider
Nov 16, 2010, 05:36 PM
No way am I hardcore enough for Dwarf Fortress, but I will thoroughly enjoy reading the Let's Play.

I expect screenshots and updates after every turn, people. This is serious business.

Mute City
Nov 16, 2010, 05:37 PM
Fuck that lets just play Minecraft.

Zarode
Nov 16, 2010, 06:21 PM
what r u, shrike or sumtin?

Sign me up, I'll give it a try. Never played Dwarf Fortress (but I have played many roguelikes), ever, so my turn could be considered wildcard. :wacko:

KodiaX987
Nov 17, 2010, 01:33 AM
Never played Dwarf Fortress (but I have played many roguelikes), ever, so my turn could be considered wildcard. :wacko:

Better play a game or two and familiarize yourself then.

Palle
Nov 21, 2010, 11:39 PM
I've been waiting for this guy to invite me to a game for eight years, and he picks fucking Dwarf Fortress. FML.