PDA

View Full Version : Fan Art Phantasy Seth Pictures

Seth Astra
Nov 16, 2010, 06:16 PM
Yes, I used the same bad pun I used in my albums. But, here's just some rough fan art by me, and I will update this thread whenever I draw something new.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 Seth:
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1373&pictureid=15746
Sorry about the quality, I took a picture on my phone, rather than use the scanner. I may have a better quality version up later.[/spoiler-box]

Xefi
Nov 16, 2010, 09:29 PM
so how long did this picture took you to draw? it looks
so awesome that it can be compare to my stickman! :cake:

EDIT: stickman! made in 10 sec.
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5551/stickv.jpg

Seth Astra
Nov 16, 2010, 09:39 PM
Yeah, this is like the 5th thing I've actually drawn, while actually trying. It shows, doesn't it?

Xefi
Nov 16, 2010, 09:44 PM
it does, but practices make perfect. therefore, keep on drawing.
my drawings are probably just as bad as yours or even worst,
so i can't really say much. :burger:

Seth Astra
Nov 16, 2010, 09:48 PM
Oh, and for anyone that cares, here's the pic I based it on:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1358&pictureid=15427[/SPOILER-BOX]

I decided to just draw from the pic, to see if I could even draw the figure correctly. I will probably work on a full body image next, then maybe a more complex outfit, or a pic with something actually happening.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 16, 2010, 09:56 PM
Xefi's KEN TITUS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_%28TV_series%29#Characters) method of criticism isn't very constructive, and I'd advise you to disregard it.

As for where to begin, I suppose that I'd suggest that you pick a smaller feature to focus on, rather than drawing an entire person, right out of the gate. Try starting by just drawing a guy's head. You've got a couple of choice to make here-- you can either pick a style that you like, and try to emulate it, or you can try to go for a more realistic style. Either way, try drawing the character's head from several angles, and really wrap your mind around the structure. Heads are more than oblong balls with features painted on-- they have lumps, valleys, and surface shapes. Think about how the eyebrow ridge and nose shape the eyes, and what impact the cheeks and jaw bone might have on the outline of the face, as well as how that shape changes when the head is viewed from another angle. Different styles may also have you focus on different qualities of the nose, when drawing the face from straight on.

All it takes to become a good illustrator, is to take an interest without letting yourself get discouraged. Just jump in there and go for it.

Sayara
Nov 16, 2010, 11:21 PM
So, Meira's comment can be taken to heart. But i'd would suggest understanding about shapes before trying to face. Heads are THE hardest part of a human figure, and if you want to go a realistic rate that is. Though go for it.

Xefi
Nov 17, 2010, 01:53 AM
Xefi's KEN TITUS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_%28TV_series%29#Characters) method of criticism isn't very constructive, and I'd advise you to disregard it.

yes, i advise so too. listen to Meira, he knows everything. :o
i don't like drawing much either, i'm an editor. it's like the blind
leading the blind to draw. so, don't take everything i say, seriously. :hamster:

But one thing i say is true: "practice makes perfect" (i guess this work in almost everything too...doh)

Sagasu
Nov 17, 2010, 01:55 AM
I would argue that hands are more difficult than heads, but anywho. x)

The first year or so of starting to take drawing seriously-- should probably be spent just trying to draw whatever the heck you'd like to. Jumping straight into anatomy study without any idea of what kind of stylistic goal you want in the end can be quite, quite counter productive if what you want to do is express yourself and have fun.

In short, just keep at it, and good luck. You'll know when if you ever want to take it further. : ]

Mimo
Nov 17, 2010, 01:07 PM
Feet are hardest to draw! I have trouble figuring out the right proportions on limbs.. : ( Good try though :3

Daak
Nov 17, 2010, 02:50 PM
Weird I hate drawing fingers just cant do tht ...but yah practice makes perfect so get right back at it dude .

xmoonprismpowerx
Nov 17, 2010, 03:17 PM
I would argue that hands are more difficult than heads, but anywho. x)

The first year or so of starting to take drawing seriously-- should probably be spent just trying to draw whatever the heck you'd like to. Jumping straight into anatomy study without any idea of what kind of stylistic goal you want in the end can be quite, quite counter productive if what you want to do is express yourself and have fun.

In short, just keep at it, and good luck. You'll know when if you ever want to take it further. : ]

I agree. It can take forever to figure out which style you like the best. But once you find it, just try and emulate and learn how that person does their style. Maybe tweak it and make it your own. But yes. Draw what you like! You'll only get better and better!

MAXrobo
Nov 18, 2010, 11:20 PM
I just recently started drawing and I managed to bypass the hand/head problem by starting with machines :D. it was very helpful in letting me get my own style down and learn how I draw. I'm not an expert in any way, but I dont think trying to copy someone elses style is a good way to start. find your own style, how you naturaly draw, and build on it. thats wat i did and its helped out alot.
now im not saying dont seek out help on things you have trouble with, I looked through TONS of HUcast fan art to find a way to draw it that went well with my style, it actualy ended up being a combination of a couple different styles.

Ami
Nov 19, 2010, 08:42 AM
That's pretty good for someone who hasn't really drawn anything before.

But like the others have said, practice practice practice. Start by sketching random stuff. Helps get a feel of shapes and what not. And try to find a style that you wish to have.

Look up a few tutorials and grab some tips from there to help influence your style.

And tbh,, I find hands AND legs (including feet that may or may not have shoes on) hardest to draw. They end up weird for me D:. So I stick with head/bust shots, the one thing I'm good at O ^Oy