PDA

View Full Version : Changing rangers

bns1991
Nov 17, 2010, 08:52 PM
I have been looking for an excuse to play with my RAmar, but I can never find a reason to play with him. I have never been the type of player to use a CAST (let alone a ranger for the most part), but I'm thinking about putting an end to that once I delete my RAmar. My issue is: Which one should use? I'm sure the change will be worth the change because I deleted my lv.100 FOneweral to make a power FOmar, and it is going well. :D

Broken_L_button
Nov 17, 2010, 09:11 PM
Well...Since you don't like using RAmar, you'll most likely not like playing RAmarl either. Only choice for you is to go with one of the Cast rangers, I guess. Both of them are fine. Just choose the one you think looks coolest or the one with the trap selection that attracts you the most, fill him/mer with power mats, give him/her a celeb Gunblade, and proceed to almost break the game.

...You could also do the same with MST too, and give your Cast ranger an AO with MS. It's actually funny and deals damage.

EDIT: I have a preference for RAcaseal. The slightly higher ATP and HP RAcast has doesn't justify his horrid design >:/

Pirrip
Nov 17, 2010, 09:24 PM
I also have a preference for the RAcaseal, HOWEVER, RAcaseals cannot don the Keplar suit... If you have a serious thing for having a character with high defense, go for the RAcast.

Broken_L_button
Nov 18, 2010, 01:12 AM
I also have a preference for the RAcaseal, HOWEVER, RAcaseals cannot don the Keplar suit... If you have a serious thing for having a character with high defense, go for the RAcast.

True that. Just bear in mind one thing; just like in PSO, if your DFP doesn't nullify damage completely and lets you take less than 20% of your HP in damage...Your character won't fall down upon being hit, allowing for enemies to combo you.

This sometimes becomes a serious problem when I play some of my characters that I specifically built for high DFP; if I manage to apply Jellen to the enemies, I get invincibility, if not...I have to watch out not to get swarmed. Getting hit for 80 damage each hit until you die with no chance at moving thanks to flinching sucks >:/

Chukie sue
Nov 18, 2010, 08:42 AM
I personally enjoy RAcaseal's ATA a lot.

bns1991
Nov 18, 2010, 10:17 AM
I think I'm gonna go with the RAcaseal.The lower defense stat may be a lot more helpful than expected. My lv 100 HUmar has a high DEF stat, and enemies like chaos & mobius deal about a fair amount of damage per hit and it doesn't knock me down. The downside is that I sometimes die from a combo if I don't have over half of my HP. I like the trap limits of the RAcaseal as well.

Daak
Nov 18, 2010, 11:46 AM
RAcasts rule I have one he is the only char I use ...
I cant tell u all the statistics but I can say tht its alot of fun using him even if its just for the fact tht it feels great being this huge guy who carys even bigger weapons ,so I would defenatly go with him !

Kirukia
Nov 18, 2010, 12:17 PM
I prefer RAcaseal because they look a lot more aesthetically pleasing, and because their trap limits are more preferable.

They are fun if you have the right weapons, but without them I can imagine it would get frustrating. Range resist = ><

Daak
Nov 18, 2010, 03:43 PM
Whts so bad on the RAcast look ??? evryone keeps saying tht ...

Chaos Rappy
Nov 18, 2010, 04:52 PM
Big fat transformer with no real reason for being so big except for the fact his DFP is actually lower than the sleeker, more muscular HUcast... :/

MAXrobo
Nov 18, 2010, 05:15 PM
RAcasts look awesome. i was actually going to use a RAcaseal in zero (iv played RAcast in every other PS game) but they ruined her look.
plus RAcast is the only one that actualy look like a machine, the other casts just look like people in armor.

Neo Flint
Nov 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
I personally enjoy RAcaseal's ATA a lot.

Same here. Plus they're pretty. ^^;

Daak
Nov 19, 2010, 02:05 AM
Tss Max is right RAcast look awsome !!!
There big there buff and there the only Cast who looks like a machine .

PSZFann
Nov 20, 2010, 12:27 AM
i love my RAmarl

Pirrip
Nov 20, 2010, 12:32 AM
This discussion is still up? I suggest either the RAcaseal or the RAmar, don't be afraid to embrace the cowboy hat!

Daak
Nov 20, 2010, 05:13 PM
The RAcast would defanetly be the right choice if ure looking for soem sereios blowing up and carying big guns ... I chose him once and i would do it evrytime agagin =)

MAXrobo
Nov 20, 2010, 07:59 PM
The RAcast would defanetly be the right choice if ure looking for soem sereios blowing up and carying big guns ... I chose him once and i would do it evrytime agagin =)

I did pick him again... 3 times actualy:-D

RAcast's extra HP and freeze traps also help a ton. cant tell you how many times ive gotten out of tight spots simply by droping an freeze trap and rolling away!

leviayurashyguy
Nov 20, 2010, 10:32 PM
Big fat transformer with no real reason for being so big

big fat transformer? first of all, Transformers are awesome! second, RAcaseals look like mechanical jailbait.

when i think of CAST, i think of a robot. out of all the CAST, RACAST fits the theme best, not lolis or rejects from Ultraman and Casshern

examples of manly robots:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t150/gundam618/Gundam%20Seed%20and%20Seed%20Destiny/Strike-Freedom6.jpg
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt303/xxIluvZushixx/gurren-lagann.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/ChainsX/Megaman%20X/LightArmor.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/darkchrono1320/xeno-weltall.jpghttp://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/rambo821/tager-1.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/Akenoherumaa/racast.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Daak
Nov 21, 2010, 06:19 AM
I totaly agree on wht she/he (? sry) just said he keep the whole Cast thing alive he and Ogi wht thype is he by the way ? ...

bns1991
Nov 25, 2010, 09:12 PM
Since making the change I have leveled my RAcaseal to lv 39. Everything is going well so far. She does preety good damage with all the celeb weapons that I have managed to collect (especially my CelebBlue Bulletta(25/36/0/20/35 cool style).

Daak
Nov 26, 2010, 02:10 AM
hmm so u took the caseal ahh I had hoped for another RAcast player well anyway casts rule so whtever so how is she is it fun playing her or not so much ? hmm I would also recomend a draw weapon thts nice to .... lol I hate the blue bulleta dont know why ... well keep it up and good luck

bns1991
Nov 26, 2010, 09:52 AM
hmm so u took the caseal ahh I had hoped for another RAcast player well anyway casts rule so whtever so how is she is it fun playing her or not so much ? hmm I would also recomend a draw weapon thts nice to .... lol I hate the blue bulleta dont know why ... well keep it up and good luck

When I played pso I had a RAcast (lv.158), but you could change the proportion and size of him. I have never been the type of player to use a very large character. If you adjust the size of the character I would have probably used him.

Daak
Nov 27, 2010, 06:00 AM
hmm I just love him maby because of size i dont know i just find him the best char for me well good luck =)