PDA

View Full Version : Item Prices when an event occurs.

BluexRose
Nov 20, 2010, 11:38 AM
I've noticed this a lot but why is it that when an "Important" event rolls around a lot of prices tend to go up and down up and down i wanna know why :nono:

Dragwind
Nov 20, 2010, 05:28 PM
This tends to play into supply and demand for various reasons.

Let's say a new weapon board is released. The materials for that board are going to be higher in demand once those boards start dropping, so the prices will go up.

Now let's also say a material previously was rare, and now this said material drops very often during the event. The price on the once rare, now common, material will go down.

BluexRose
Nov 20, 2010, 07:15 PM
I see thanks for the insight ^^

Ryna
Nov 20, 2010, 08:49 PM
As Dragwind mentioned, it a case of supply and demand.

I can recall several instances where a previously rare drop became a common drop during the event. Examples would included the Two-Headed Ragnus and Uransara during the 1Up event. Before the event, they were uncommon items and had decent resale value in player shops. Once the event started, they were very easy to find.

There are some cases where prices will increase. The recipe board listed above is a good example. You'll also see that if an item is part of a new trade-in.

I also find that prices for event items and drops will increase once the event ends.

Having knowledge of the JP events is nice. You can cheaply purchase desirable items for future events and then sell them for increased prices later on.

TheAstarion
Nov 20, 2010, 08:56 PM
Current examples:
Freeze/Resist is steadily increasing in price now we know Absolute Zero (an ice-type event) is confirmed.
Sori/Mind, a head slot unit worth 4mil these past few months, has been decreasing in price as Absolute Zero has a new /mind unit that's the strongest in the game.
More immediate example, serafi-senba boards were 2mil last week, and are up to 4mil now because ortapolymer is dropping a lot more easily in the GBR. And since people are running the GBR, not quite as many people are White Beasting, meaning less Serafi-Senba boards are entering the market.

BluexRose
Nov 21, 2010, 03:15 PM
I see theres alot to consider...