PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Laziness? a bit dissapointed with new items...

Darki
Nov 21, 2010, 12:37 AM
Hi there! Today I decided to give it a try and spend some GC in getting rarz in Legacy of the Light, speciallly that new card. At the end I didn't get it, but I got an Eclipse Star and Gemini Star...

At first, I was eager to get at least that, as the weapons looked cute in Pedia and would be cool to use in one of my characters, but my happiness didn't last long. That f*** weapon was a damn 2D texture.

I've noticed that MANY weapons that are being released recently are just ported from PSPo games, without even giving a bit of texture. I know that might give a bit of work, but honestly...

It's LAME to see your character attacking with a colored glowing piece of paper.

Yes, this is a baww post, I guess, but I wanted to know. How do people feel about this kind of weapons? I don't really play that hardcore, I like having beautiful weapons (or at least, not so horrid) and it's sad for me that many of the most appealing weapons in the game recently are being ported like that, a 2D paper with glows. I was thinking about spending a bit more money and getting at least a Double Slasher, but I don't really feel like anymore, knowing that it might be a crap-textured weapon.

Crysteon
Nov 21, 2010, 01:44 AM
I've noticed that MANY weapons that are being released recently are just ported from PSPo games, without even giving a bit of texture. I know that kight give a bit of work, but honestly...

Actuaaaally....Sega used the PSU engine to do PSP games, lol...so they had to design them first on the PSU framework and then made the port to PSP. The patching of "new" stuff is just a big lie. in matter when the weapon is already designed for PSU...they just import it again to the game and that's it.

And you got a point there, most new releases have a flat modeling, perhaps because they are frigging lazy to design a REAL 3D model. It's a shame that cool-looking weapons like Lavis Cannon and Holy Sword Elsydeon (suck that "Holy Elsydeon-only" name, SoA) just lose the charm for their lack of professional modeling.

Darki
Nov 21, 2010, 04:30 PM
Well, I suppose PSU was "first" but I guess they have made all those weapons with PSPo in mind so they didn't take too much work on it.

But is really annoying to have some weapons like the Gemini star, for example. There are some like... GRM whips, my favorite whip is Splasher because its Stun abbility (the only stunning whip aviable for WT class), those are also not too well modelled, but at least they did a bit 3D making it double-layered (they just put two 2D layers one in front on another and filled the gap between them). Gemini Star, in the other hand, is a fucking paper.

What really amazes me is not this, but the fact that I can buy a 50% 10/10 splasher for less than 10M, BUT the Gemini Star is a godamn GUARDIAN CASH item. If you're going to make it a drop that you have to pay REAL money for it, at least work on it a bit, shit. I wouldn't care if the 2D paper weapon was the GRM 1* saber, for example. But I would say that it's outrageous that they put NO effort into a weapon they're going to make people pay for it.

Anyways is not the weapon I was looking for, I just got it by chance. Not my problem but theirs, because I'm sure I'm not the only person that will think twice from now on to pay money for GC when what I'm going to get is a piece of trash.

Another thing I noticed is the lack of interest but for the fast money, not only in that but in many other weapons. ALL the new weapons ported aren't even well classified, like the Yohmei madoogs, which in the PSPo games there are each in their correct rank (being Nakon a 1*, Shibakon a 2*, Kusakon a 3*... and so on). The same happens with Yohmei A and Tenora C-B whips, Tenora A sabers... I think it's very annoying. They just throwed them in the game and put hlf of them untradeable/GC so we pay for them.

Sigh... I watch the database for PsPo2 and I really feel like all SEGA wants from PSU is our money and that's all. I'd love having all those weapons they got, but I guess they will be releasing all in a wrong 2D way till they close the servers. I just hope when it happens I can found a private server (sorry, delete this if I shouldn't say) where they decided to put the stuff well. Blame ST that fucked up the game so much SEGA doesn't think it's worth saving.

RemiusTA
Nov 21, 2010, 09:08 PM
I dont see how anyone could expect to NOT be disappointed in this game after all these years.

Darki
Nov 21, 2010, 09:12 PM
Still, it has been my favorite MMO that I've ever played, never found one as graphically cool, with the same fighting system and what I love the most, hybrid classes. I'm dissappointed bassically because I like the game, and sometimes I seriously start thinking about buying a PSP and seeing what happens if I get the portable version, but again, I don't like PSP. I love PSU, damnit.