PDA

View Full Version : Who was you favorite PS character

Brave-Charm
Nov 22, 2010, 09:43 PM
Mine is Demi like my icon so whats the worlds

FOkyasuta
Nov 22, 2010, 09:45 PM
Nei and Rika.. For there claws and bad***ry .

MAXrobo
Nov 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
Wren from PSIV

BIG OLAF
Nov 23, 2010, 12:15 AM
My favorite was Chaz. I like how he went from bumbling rookie to full-fledged hero by the end of PSIV. I know that type of character development is very cliche, but I still enjoyed him.

BluexRose
Nov 23, 2010, 08:56 PM
If its All the phantasy star games in general then i love Helga Neumann (if i spelled that right) in PSU ^^

Drac_Mazoku
Nov 24, 2010, 12:42 PM
Mieu, the cute motherly Cyborg helping 3 generations of prince

Crazyleo
Nov 24, 2010, 08:16 PM
There are just too many characters from the classic series that I can't pick just one.

Here are some of my favorites

Shir (PS II): She joins the team just to steal stuff.
Rune (PS IV): Just his personality that makes me want to punch his lights out; but he's there when Chaz needs him.
Wren (PS IV): He was the model personality where PSU casts aspire too.

Zorafim
Nov 29, 2010, 10:38 AM
I can't pick just one. To me, I more appreciate how the characters compliment each other than appreciate each character by himself.

That being said, I've always had a soft spot for Nei. Such a tragic combination of alienation and self sacrifice, combined with a partial animal body and fighting style.

The Doctor, Ami, is a close second. You can almost feel the love of life she expresses from her avatar. Not to mention, she does a bang-up job of keeping everyone alive.

stewertman
Mar 13, 2011, 05:23 PM
I have 4 favorites for the good guys, and 2 favorites for the bad guys. For the Good guys I liked Chaz Ashley, Alys "The Eight Stroke Sword" Brangwin, Alis Landale, and Nei. For the Bad guys are Zio, and Lashiec. But for overall I'd say Chaz Ashley. He's the final hero of the classics, and the story line is all his after Alys got hit with the Black Wave.

Omega_Weltall
Mar 13, 2011, 09:50 PM
PS1- Mayu, i like cats
PS2- Rudo, he was just guaranteed damage, never left my party
PS3- Wren, i was just a huge Transformers fan
PS4- Tie between Alys(Laya) and Rune(Thray). Alys was this no nonsense, all business bad ass... and Rune comes along and turns her into a blushing giggling school girl.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 20, 2011, 06:48 AM
That's a tough one.. but I think if I had to pick one I'd have to go with Mieu, the "Cyborg" from PS3 who made it all possible. (Got a thing for claw wielding redheads >.>)

Runners up include Siren, the psychotic hate driven general of the Oraian army who returns to continue the war he was exiled from in the 2nd generation, and Lune, the Layan general who does the exact same thing.

HUcast Omega
Mar 22, 2011, 01:57 AM
My three favorite characters are Rika, Wren, and Rune. All from PS IV, but Wren is my all time fave though. He's lifted himself off the ground after getting killed, and gets a super death laser as an attack. He's the reason I play Casts in the new games

Bragatyr
May 22, 2011, 02:45 PM
Nei's definitely my favorite. I just find that duality with Neifirst to be really interesting and tragic. I also love Gryz, Raja, and Wren. Raja is easily one of the funniest video game characters of all time, up there with Jean from Breath of Fire 2.

Nei Montague
Aug 1, 2011, 03:40 PM
Nei Second ^_^

StriderTuna
Aug 2, 2011, 10:51 PM
Well I'd say my favorites are:

Chaz (isn't stuck to one equipment style and nice character arc)
PSIV Wren (Cool guy, and THE classic android)
Nei (Classic newman fighter, including attractiveness)
Lune (He strikes me as being a Koyasu type character)

If it's post-classic, I'd have to add Ogi (PSZ) and he's pretty comical and rather concerned about certain parts of newman anatomy.

Zettaizero
Aug 2, 2011, 11:57 PM
My Favorite characters are

Zio PSIV
Noah PS
Wren (Multiple PS games)

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 12:43 AM
Hehe, I've only played the portable versions, so I'd have to go with Kai from PS0?

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2011, 11:27 AM
Ogi and Curtz. They were both just cool characters. :P

Kenbog
Aug 3, 2011, 05:43 PM
Myau the first design, its one of the most adorable beings I ever saw :3
I was so happy they had a statue of it in pspo2.
SEGA, please put Algolian cats as a race or atleast as partner in PSO2!

Even tho he might have the least back story of every character...

Obscenity
Oct 22, 2011, 01:31 PM
I can't believe only one person mentioned Raja, who just might be my favorite character in any RPG.

Omega-z
Feb 8, 2012, 09:39 PM
Kenbog - good news I asked Sega to do just that add the Musk Cat in as a PM/Mag. And guess what thru the Cast race in PSO2 you can make other races I made a Dezorian it was awesome, I have pic's of it and it was a Force too.:) hope they do add more stuff in the character creation with the fleshies so make more accurate character's from Classic PS or there offspring form those races.:rappy:

voodlar
Apr 6, 2012, 01:40 PM
Wow -- very enjoyable thread to read! Nice job!

It's hard for me to decide this one. I'd say Amy from PS2. Her effect on the party can be tremendous, especially at higher levels if you care to get her there. (I go nowhere without her!) As long as you keep her level competitive with your main, she will keep you alive. She can render Mother Brain nearly harmless (but not totally) with repeated buffs and heals. She can even counter Darkforce as long as he doesn't key on her right away...but I am aware that he can definitely end your game no matter what if you're unlucky.

I also got to take my hat off for Rhys (PS3). He is the man. NPC's still talk about him after he is gone and his mission is one of the roughest! A high amount of grinding is necessary at times. Especially in the early to mid part. He has a long way to go with only a companion or 2. Extreme meseta shortages will plague him forever if you're into equipping your party with strong weapons and armor (definitely when he has all 4 companions).

Clessy
Apr 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
Zio. Completely bad ass.

PhantasyStarMan
May 9, 2012, 10:32 AM
Rune was by far my favorite character (plus his theme was awesome), but Kyra and Raja were a close second.

Valinne
May 29, 2012, 11:08 AM
I'm absolutely partial to Mieu and Wren. Those guys were loyal to the royal families for thousands of years. Seeing Wren pick Sean up and evacuate was one of the best moments of the series, up there with Nei's spoiler.

I also like Anna and Alys. This series does tough women very well. No spell casting cliches here. Instead the strongest characters are women, and the best spellcasters are men.

Ryo
May 30, 2012, 03:49 PM
I'd have to go with Lutz and Rune Walsh. I like how they were both kinda cocky and rude.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 1, 2012, 08:47 AM
Eusis, The first overpowered hero XD.

Wren and Chaz were close though.

Monba
Sep 10, 2012, 03:53 AM
PS1 - Alis, She was the first heroine in an RPG ever so respect :D
PS2 - Nei, She is THE Newman so you know, also she was nice
PS3 - Rhys, I don't know he was kinda cool. I guess
PS4 - Wren, Real nice damage dealer

steamcat89
Jan 13, 2013, 10:51 AM
neifirst. :)

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

Seany1990
Jan 13, 2013, 10:58 AM
Fav: Sarissa from PSŲ
Least fav: Leia Martinez from PSU episode 2

DJX25968
Jul 12, 2013, 11:01 PM
PS2- Rolf
PS4- Rune

Zysets
Aug 9, 2013, 12:09 PM
I've barely played much of the classics, but they are really fun, and considering I just got PSII on Steam, I guess I would say my favorite character is Nei.

Ryuka Valis
Feb 24, 2014, 04:12 PM
I can't choose a favorite... all of them are my favorites.

Though if I had to, it'd be Alis, Lutz(Noah), Shir, Mieu, Ayu, Sean, Chaz and Rune.

Lilprincess
Dec 13, 2015, 10:14 PM
Rika and Nei

Omega-z
Dec 27, 2015, 08:32 PM
I liked Raja, Wren, Demi, Lutz/Noah, Myua, Gryz...etc.

A little tribute to the classic's the Best in the series.:rappy:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=821&pictureid=41862

SuperCentipede
Dec 28, 2015, 07:52 AM

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=821&pictureid=41862

AWESOME!

Phaesphora
Jan 14, 2016, 06:21 PM
Without restrictions, I would say Laya & Orakio, for the mythology.

If I'm to chose a player character, my favorite is Shir.

Dragwind
Jan 14, 2016, 09:44 PM

[spoiler-box]
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=821&pictureid=41862[/spoiler-box]

That's an awesome Raja!

Zorafim
Jan 14, 2016, 10:52 PM
Can I thumbs up posters? Is that a thing we can do?

Omega-z
Mar 17, 2016, 01:01 AM
The Motavian's have returned after their long journey to take back their lands and crush their enemies. :rappy:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=821&pictureid=41993

Up-close :)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=821&pictureid=41996

AgentOfPaseo
May 18, 2016, 03:04 AM
Eusis Landeel of course...what's that? Oh yeah, ROLF. :D

Aelamasca
Sep 22, 2018, 09:42 AM
Oh! I loved the whole cast, except for Chaz.. I kinda didn't like Chaz at all..

landman
Sep 23, 2018, 09:02 AM
Oh! I loved the whole cast, except for Chaz.. I kinda didn't like Chaz at all..
I have to agree, he felt as generic as any other generic main character in tons of JRPG lol at least you could pretend the main character was Alys/Lyla... (and then Gryz/Pike, obviously)