PDA

View Full Version : PSU Censorship

NiceOnes
Nov 25, 2010, 05:39 PM
I recently got a keyboard to use for this game seeing as many people don't use a mic.

How come almost everything I say ends up being @1##%!?

For example.

WB = White Beast is apparently not an appropriate statement...

Kinda seems like a waste to even bother with the keyboard... Can't type anything it seems.

Ishia
Nov 25, 2010, 06:40 PM
Insert an "@" symbol before you type. It bypasses 90% of the filter.

HyperShot-X-
Nov 25, 2010, 06:54 PM
Ishia beat me to it, yup.

It's MS Live filter on top of PSU word censor that messes up and makes it retarded, probably. Beware when you type up a long mssg via simple mail, one wrong word could f up the whole thing.

*Oh, the word 'beast' gets censored maybe due to it being similar to 'b*east'..

BIG OLAF
Nov 25, 2010, 07:04 PM
I never understood PSU's weird censorship. I mean, for the first three years of the game, the word "help" was censored. I still have yet to understand why. I remember that "Microsoft" and "Bill Gates" used to be (or maybe still are; haven't checked) censored, as well.

Also, sometimes I'll type a few sentences, and it'll automatically censor it. A good example is with you type the phrase "put a sock in it". It'll get censored, because of the "put a" ("puta" means "bitch" in Spanish). Even though it's quite obvious by the context, that typing "puta" wasn't my intention at all.

Roger Triton
Nov 25, 2010, 08:25 PM
LOL that's very funny actually. Start speaking in elite y07r w0rd$ w111 b3 h4rd3r t0 c3n$0r. I love bypassing filters on news sites, let me know if you want a few custom alphabets to use. There is nothing that cannot be gotten around on the Internet.

Powder Keg
Nov 25, 2010, 08:35 PM
If the entire text gets censored, it's MS' censor. As stated above, @ will bypass it. This on top of an already bad filter can be annoying.

NiceOnes
Nov 26, 2010, 03:58 PM
sweet. Thanks for the tips guys.

No big deal if a word here or there gets bleeped as the context is usually unscathed.

It was the entire sentence getting censored that pissed me off.