PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to be able to attack other players in PSU?

Roger Triton
Nov 25, 2010, 10:23 PM
I was just thinking, considering that the storyline behind another famous online jRPG is killing other characters in the game. I of course mean
the famous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bVXLZLfaUU

.hack//G.U. series from NamcoBandai

Pirrip
Nov 25, 2010, 10:30 PM
Yes, for there have been specific players I would have liked to have had the ability to kill and get off the hook.

Roger Triton
Nov 25, 2010, 11:34 PM
In .hack//G.U. PK'ers & PKK'ers (Haseo the lead character kills those who kill others players) run around in the dungeons. They don't attack in the towns (similar to lobby area).

I doubt Sega would do this in PSP2 or PSU, but it would be fun in a future version. Ya know, a quick *pow* once in awhile to keep people off guard when they're playing in groups or alone. It would be a whole new dynamic really. Having people randomly try to kill you while taking down bosses would be exciting and difficult.

Check out this gameplay. This is not a PKK scene, but it gives you an idea of what it means to fight other human characters and not monsters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOsb3YeBu8

Tetsaru
Nov 26, 2010, 12:37 AM
I dunno, that sounds less like PVP and more like exploitable friendly fire. People who have a huge level and/or gear advantage could just go around one-shotting low-level characters, which isn't a very friendly environment for players who are new to the game or just want to level up, especially if there are heavy penalties upon death, such as dropping money or gear.

That said, I'm not against having any PVP modes in the upcoming PSO2, but there would be a LOT of balancing issues. It'd be pretty one-sided to have a Ranger snipe a Hunter from across the map with something along the lines of PSU's Killer Shot PA.

Leilla-chan
Nov 26, 2010, 10:48 AM
Ahh i hat PVP on Online games D;

Seth Astra
Nov 26, 2010, 10:53 AM
I would love to have PVP... As long as they keep it completely separate from the normal runs... Having friendly fire would ruin a lot of weapons, PAs, and techs, IMO.

ashley50
Nov 26, 2010, 12:25 PM
Did OP happen to just found out about the .hack games/series...?

Roger Triton
Nov 26, 2010, 12:25 PM
@Seth Astra: So as long as there are specific areas where PvP is allowed, and other places it's not, that's OK with you?

ChibiBecca
Nov 26, 2010, 12:58 PM
wasn't .hack supposed to be partly based on PSO? or am i remembering wrongly?

either way, i'd hate PvP everywhere. i don't have the money, time or even speak the language to get any good items, PAs and etc. all the high level characters would kill me in a second while i'm just trying to finish a mission. where's the fun in that? :( i think i would just give up on a game where i could get killed at any moment and loose my items, mission progress and etc.

but a mission PvP, like the ones on PSO where everyone can be limited in levels and often restricted to items and techs you find within the mission, that was pretty fun. everyone would run around like crazy, putting down traps and trying to jump surprise attacks on each other. ^^

Roger Triton
Nov 26, 2010, 01:31 PM
wasn't .hack supposed to be partly based on PSO? or am i remembering wrongly?
Oh my God....yes z0mg indeed. What would Hiroshi Matsuyama have to say about that? ^^;^^;^^;^^;^^;^^

either way, i'd hate PvP everywhere. i don't have the money, time or even speak the language to get any good items, PAs and etc. all the high level characters would kill me in a second while i'm just trying to finish a mission. where's the fun in that? :( i think i would just give up on a game where i could get killed at any moment and loose my items, mission progress and etc.
The idea of having it in specific areas only, or even better, on specific planets and not others, sounds good. Could never be sure that a hacker wouldn't find a way to mess up the servers. But if it's on a specific planet(s) only, yaarrr they prob wouldn't be able to hack that.

but a mission PvP, like the ones on PSO where everyone can be limited in levels and often restricted to items and techs you find within the mission, that was pretty fun. everyone would run around like crazy, putting down traps and trying to jump surprise attacks on each other. ^^
Yeah i think that would be good. Or allowing someone to set a trap (that only they could see) & when other players come for the loot *BAM* they get knocked out, poisoned, etc.

Now that I think of it, having PvP in only very specific areas would be best. And those hackers are pretty smart, so they better write the code so it can't be hacked later. I wouldn't put it past hackers to make the LOBBY PvP area!! lol

ChibiBecca
Nov 26, 2010, 06:42 PM
speaking again of the old PSO servers, but in the first version (i think, my memory isn't so great. D: ) there was the problem of hackers getting into your game and killing your character. as you'd drop your equipped weapon and meseta when you died, this was a big pain.

had a hacker get into my party a few times. each time we'd panic and disconnect as fast as we could before he could do anything. this is why i'm against general PvP, just from remembering what a pain it was to have to drop everything and try to get to the save/logout option before they could nuke you. :/

so if PvP was to be considered as a serious option, perhaps the best idea would be missions only, like the hoverboard racing and etc. I'm with what seth astra said.