PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU SEGA gives me money o_O

Darki
Nov 26, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hi there! I come with a rather funny and at the same time disturbing tale, lol. I've been having weird issues with my JP account lately.

My credit card doesn't work with JP billing site, but my bank has a feature that allows me to create a "cyber-card", which is some kind of virtual prepaid card number to be used in online transactions. This card does work with JP PSU, the fact is that I've been paying my acount and GC with it without problems... Or so I though.

The thing is, I stopped playing for the summer, like for 4 months because I don't have a good computer in my hometown. This "cyber-card" expires when you keep it empty for a couple months (couldn't say the correct date because I didn't check till 5 months from the last payment and it was deactivated at that point). BUT, when I logged in the game, I still had a premium account. I can't explain the reason, since I was never billed again from SEGA site, and as I said, the card used for the payment wasn't even activated at that point, so if you were going to suggest that it was the monthly recurring payment and that I had been paying for the 4 months I was inactive, the answer is no, I checked (believe me, I did MANY times, lol).

So, I was a bit mindfucked, as you can expect, and as I resumed playing like a week before the date my new "free-premium" account would expire, I waited for it to expire and see if SEGA would give me another free month of premium account, lol. But it didn't happen, the account went into free course again.

Then, like 2~3 weeks ago I paid for my girlfriend's Guardian license, to get her the free 10 premium days so we could build her a nice equipement before she returned to free course again, and I decided to pick also some GC points, and some more a couple days later, so in the end I paid like 5000 yens. I always check my "cyber-card to see if the payment was done, because as I use Euros, there's always a bit that I don't use, and I saw it was all done correctly. BUT, Yesterday night, for some reason I checked my bank account, and my mindfuck level went over nine-thousand when I found that my cyber-card had it's 50€ back. My GF still have her premiun account, I still have the 30M I earned selling what I got in the GC gacha, and everything points that nothing was cancelled or undone, it's just that I actually got the money back.

Recalling previous GC payments, I didn't control too much the amount of money I used till now, but I might have had the money back more than once, and I don't know what to think. It seems cool that I can play for "free" but I don't want to be sued, lol.

So, isn't this really weird? I wonder if this had happened to someone else, because as I said, I find the issue a bit disturbing.

Roger Triton
Nov 26, 2010, 07:09 PM
You won't be sued....we're talking Sega here.

But as for your post, I thought the Jpn server for PC server was already free?
Of course I'm assuming the wrong thing, right? You must have an Xbox360. But you don't mention it anywhere in your post.

Anyway, good luck for you indeed. I say that you find a way to pay back Sega for their generosity. Or just become a human billboard for PSP2 & tell everyone at your school, place of work, random strangers on the street, etc.

btw I was being a bit sarcastic, but one good deed returns another. Think of it that way.

Darki
Nov 27, 2010, 12:45 AM
I play on JP PC, but I was talking about premium course.

Mystic_Nessly
Nov 30, 2010, 01:08 PM
Yes, very "disturbing" story.

I'm going to have to try one of these temporary credit cards myself to verify there is a problem... >.>

By they way, I've played the free course on the JP servers before and have just briefly considered subscribing (The slowdown that exists on the Xbox 360 version annoys the heck out me). On the EU/US servers, the shortest subscription service you could pay for was 1 month. On JP servers it's 10 days? Off the top of your head, what's the cost for 1 month?

Darki
Nov 30, 2010, 01:55 PM
On the JP servers, you can download the game for free, so before you can actually access to premium content you gotta buy a "game key", I suppose it's some kind of proof that you play legit or something, now that you don't need to buy the game phisically I guess this is the way SEGA makes moar money from "buying the game".

When you buy the game key you get 10 trial days and after those, you start paying per month. I don't remember well because it's in japanese so stuff doesn't get in my eye unless I do the effort to translate it, lol, but I think you have the option to pay for 30 or 100 days (that costs like 3 months, so you get 3 months plus 10 free days).

Shirai
Nov 30, 2010, 04:24 PM
For monthly it's about 1,000 yen which is about to 11-12 US Dollars? It's about $11.24 for me monthly though.

Darki
Nov 30, 2010, 04:37 PM
yeah but think that the features of premium course aren't that much... You can make money while in free course, use the first 10 days of the game key to build your character's equipement at least with basic stuff, and play for a couple months to get drops and stuff, then get another month and get money with your shop. That's what I do, anyways.

Leilla-chan
Dec 1, 2010, 05:13 AM
haha lucky man xD That is a payback for the bad service on the US servers;D