PDA

View Full Version : Various questions

Lunariancrystal
Nov 28, 2010, 06:59 AM
Hi! I'm thinking about purchasing this game as I've heard its the closest thing to the original PSO but I have a few questions before buying it.

1. How rare are rares in this game? PSO style? Some are 1/50000 drop rate and some are 1/100 drop rate? A little bit of both?

2. How difficult can this game get, similar to PSO? Super Hard = Ultimate?

3. How many variations of levels are there...? AKA: Forest Caves Mines Ruins

4. Do many people still play this game online?

5. Is this 'better' than PSP1/2...? Might be hard to answer that as both games are different but in terms of PSO play style... what would be better...?

I know I could of figured out some of these questions on my own by doing more research but I'm too lazy to search through walls of text.

Thanks!

Pirrip
Nov 28, 2010, 07:15 AM
Oh hai! I'll try to be the first to answer all of your questions.

1. The rarity is rated from 1-7 stars... There are some 7 star weapons that are no big deal but then there are super rare weapons, although they are still considered 7 stars.

2. There is Normal Mode, Hard Mode, and Super Hard Mode.

3. There are seven areas: A desert-like valley, a swamp, a snowfield, some caves, some abandoned ruins, a plant on the moon, and a weird dark shrine kind of place with floaty crap in it. There's also an eight area: The Eternal Tower--consisting of 101 floors. It contains 450 rooms of enemies and 11 boss floors.

4. Not many people still play online. We who play PSZero, are few, yet dedicated. ^_^ You can still find a party people to play with if you are persistent.

5. This is not better than PSP/PSP2, but it plays a lot more like the original PSO than PSP1/2. PSP1/2 are more a little more like Phantasy Star Universe in style and gameplay. PSZero retains the "Action Pallette" that the original PSO had, with a couple more weapon categories and a dodge-roll option that makes it easier to dodge attacks.

There is a lot more information to these answers, but this is as simple as I can manage. Any more detailed answers will land you dangerous close to "walls of text".

P.S. If you do end up playing PSZero, feel free to send me a message to party up. I still play it regularly.

killakeeps
Nov 28, 2010, 10:29 AM
I just started, if you're looking for a game more like PSO, Id go with PSZ. I wasn't a big fan of PSU. At all, but I might end up buying a psp and PSP2 since there is a big playerbase.

I just started, if you're looking for a game more like PSO, Id go with PSZ. I wasn't a big fan of PSU. At all, but I might end up buying a psp and PSP2 since there is a big playerbase.

MAXrobo
Nov 28, 2010, 11:44 AM
there are some super rares but even they are not quite a hard to get as in PSO. that being said, some the to tier weapons still take about 50-100 runs to find.

super hard is not as hard as PSOs ultimate. this is mostly because there is only 100 levels to get, and you level up much faster. also the dodge roll makes it so that you dont get hit nearly as much if you know how the enemys attack and when to dodge.

Lunariancrystal
Nov 28, 2010, 02:52 PM
Cool! Thanks for all the input everyone ^^/
I went looking for it today and couldn't find it for sale anywhere :I So I ordered it off amazon... Means I gotta wait until tuesday to play it >:(

Looking forward to playing it!

Daak
Nov 28, 2010, 03:38 PM
U should it truly is a great game !!!

Roger Triton
Nov 30, 2010, 03:35 AM
I have a real quick question, mind if I slip it in here?
If I use the game on one DS and then take it to another, does the friend code change?

Lunariancrystal
Nov 30, 2010, 04:56 AM
I have no idea. But I'd also like to pose another question as well!

Still waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail but I overheard that PSZ was going to have an original PSO level in it? I heard about it on a youtube video...not sure if it was JP Only or if it ever came out at all. Same thing with PSZmini. Any of this stuff get passed over to the US?

NER0
Nov 30, 2010, 08:28 AM
PSP2 is the game that has some of the PSO levels in it, but honestly its still not as cool as playing the real levels in the original game.

Mike
Nov 30, 2010, 08:44 AM
I have a real quick question, mind if I slip it in here?
If I use the game on one DS and then take it to another, does the friend code change?
Yes, unless you use the migrate function in the wireless settings. I would suggest it if you don't want your friend code to change.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail but I overheard that PSZ was going to have an original PSO level in it?
It was never going to have one. The PSO level was essentially a tech demo and transformed in to the Zero of today.

PSP2 is the game that has some of the PSO levels in it, but honestly its still not as cool as playing the real levels in the original game.
Originally, the PSO themed levels used in PSP2 were originally from PSU. PSP2 is the only way to play PSO levels on a portable device though.