PDA

View Full Version : Mat/Mag build suggestions?

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure what optimal setups I could have for my 3 chars,

So far I am planning to do these builds:

RAcast (lvl 55 so far)
Mats:
80 Pow
Mag: (Urado, Midgal PB)
99 Pow
1 Def
Weapon Type: Cannon (Preferred PA: Divine Ray)

FOnewearl (lvl 9 so far)
Mats:
40 Mind
40 Evade
Mag: (Sig, Pacifal PB)
99 Mind
1 Hit
Weapon Type: Slicer (maybe)

HUmar (Haven't made yet)
Mats:
100 Power
Mag: (Wyn, Pacifal PB)
75 Power
25 Hit
Weapon Type: Unsure

Still unsure if FO weapons require ATA to hit enemies physically (wands, slicers, etc.) so I'm not sure if I should add any ATA to FOnewearl so I can use the slicer, other than that, most everything else looks alright. Also unsure what weapon to use with HUmar.

NER0
Nov 29, 2010, 01:02 PM
I'm using a pure mind build on my FOnewearl myself and she is doing rather well at level 40. I have her equipped with a Octopus Suit though so maybe that helps.

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 01:11 PM
I'm using a pure mind build on my FOnewearl myself and she is doing rather well at level 40. I have her equipped with a Octopus Suit though so maybe that helps.

Does octo suit add a lot of DFP/EVP?

Also, how do you have your pallette set up and what weapon type do you use on FOnewearl? I find myself cramped for space...Not sure what to put on my pallette. Also, do FO weapons require ATA?

NER0
Nov 29, 2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah Octopus suit is very nice for levels 10-50 with very high dfp/evp. 4 Slot is pretty rare as well. I use foie/roll/megid on first slots, and zonde/resta/shifta on second slots. Seems to work pretty well so far. I change out foie for grants when im playing dark shrine.

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the input :) I may go pure mind unless someone else can verify the frailty of that build... I hear SH bosses can be really tough with no points invested towards defenses

Daak
Nov 29, 2010, 02:30 PM
This I woudent recomend but I got all kinds of power mags and I am an Racast so he has like pure power which rules but sox aswell ... but try it if u want to .

Chaos Rappy
Nov 29, 2010, 03:44 PM
Go all Power/Mind for Mats, they'll have the most use. If you're ever needing ATA for attacking things physically, put in some Hit on your Mag and on your Mag ONLY, but for Forces, they're the specialty case where you should only ever put in Mind Mats and all Mag stats into Mind for pure MST. The faster you kill the darn things, the better. Bosses will still do obscene damage on SH no matter how high your HP/DFP gets, so it's a waste investing in them unless its a class already proficient in them, like HUcast, but even then, since he's already the most proficient ATP-er, he's better off just going all Power/some Hit on Mag.

That's my philosophy anyhows...

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 03:45 PM
Go all Power/Mind for Mats, they'll have the most use. If you're ever needing ATA for attacking things physically, put in some Hit on your Mag and on your Mag ONLY, but for Forces, they're the specialty case where you should only ever put in Mind Mats and all Mag stats into Mind for pure MST. The faster you kill the darn things, the better. Bosses will still do obscene damage on SH no matter how high your HP/DFP gets, so it's a waste investing in them unless its a class already proficient in them, like HUcast, but even then, since he's already the most proficient ATP-er, he's better off just going all Power/some Hit on Mag.

That's my philosophy anyhows...

Sounds good. Should I do the same for HUmar, too? pure pow? Like I said I kinda wanted him to be beefier, and make up the difference with J/Z/D/S

Chaos Rappy
Nov 29, 2010, 03:53 PM
HUmars only have access personally to Shifta/Deband, so they're still gonna need plenty of ATA, being the least-accurate Hunters. Put about 50 Hit on your Mag, and the rest and all mats into Power and you should be good.

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 03:54 PM
HUmars only have access personally to Shifta/Deband, so they're still gonna need plenty of ATA, being the least-accurate Hunters. Put about 50 Hit on your Mag, and the rest and all mats into Pow and you should be good.

:) thanks. That's wierd, HUmars have the least ATA? in PSO, casts always had the lowest. xD Seems luke HUmar kinda get the shaft... :x

NER0
Nov 29, 2010, 03:56 PM
Casts have always had the highest ATA in PSO. Human classes are always balanced.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 29, 2010, 03:56 PM
Not really. HUmars actually have more base ATP than HUcasts in the 30's levels. It's only around the 50's that HUcasts actually start getting more ATP than HUmars, but their ATA was always better than HUmars in this.

And to be honest, it would make more sense that a CAST (a friggin' ROBOT) would have more ATA than a Human. Calculations for appropriate accuracies would make sense, compared to PSO's topsy-turvy world where a human can hit a target more often than a robot designed to do just that somehow. : /

Casts have always had the highest ATA in PSO. Human classes are always balanced.

INCORRECT! RAmar's had more ATA than RAcasts and RAcaseals, and even more than RAmarls too. Not too sure on the Hunters personally, but I know for a fact RAmar has the highest base ATA.

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 03:58 PM
Not really. HUmars actually have more base ATP than HUcasts in the 30's levels. It's only around the 50's that HUcasts actually start getting more ATP than HUmars, but their ATA was always better than HUmars in this.

And to be honest, it would make more sense that a CAST (a friggin' ROBOT) would have more ATA than a Human. Calculations for appropriate accuracies would make sense, compared to PSO's topsy-turvy world where a human can hit a target more often than a robot designed to do just that somehow. : /

lol, yeah. makes more sense.

What are HUmar's strong points, exactly? It kinda sounds like HUcast wins in pretty much every category... much like the original PSO >.>;

Chaos Rappy
Nov 29, 2010, 04:04 PM
HUmar's have access to techs and, as noted, they're the strongest for casual players who won't go above the 40's on their character, where a HUmar would be stronger (but still less accurate base-line) than a HUcast. However,I can't deny that HUmars are notably the best solo Bazooka users, with access to the Armbrust and have access to Shifta on their own, which also makes them, solo-wise, stronger than even HUcastrs ATP-wise and DFP-wise. Online/Multiplayer of any kind, though, HUcast dominated them.

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 04:19 PM
HUmar's have access to techs and, as noted, they're the strongest for casual players who won't go above the 40's on their character, where a HUmar would be stronger (but still less accurate base-line) than a HUcast. However,I can't deny that HUmars are notably the best solo Bazooka users, with access to the Armbrust and have access to Shifta on their own, which also makes them, solo-wise, stronger than even HUcastrs ATP-wise and DFP-wise. Online/Multiplayer of any kind, though, HUcast dominated them.

HUmar... bazooka? o.O really? not melee?

Also I always thought bazookas were kind of a crappy weapon in general... no AOE, slow attack speed...

the only ranger weapon I like using is the laser cannon. Good damage and mobbing ability, and generally nice PA's. If they hadn't removed the quick-swap menu, I'd probably go with a more varied weapon set.. but as it is now, takes too long to switch weapons :/

NER0
Nov 29, 2010, 04:21 PM
R+Select brings up quick menu for equips.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 29, 2010, 04:26 PM
And for Bazookas, you haven't been having fun until you've found a good one with a Lv5 element and Wild Blow... FUN ON A BUN, my friend. Nobody will be laughing when they see the raw damage one can do with a Lv5 Celeb Armbrust/Nemesis/Yellow Sun when using a rightfully placed Wild Blow. :]

Broken_L_button
Nov 29, 2010, 04:42 PM
And for Bazookas, you haven't been having fun until you've found a good one with a Lv5 element and Wild Blow... FUN ON A BUN, my friend. Nobody will be laughing when they see the raw damage one can do with a Lv5 Celeb Armbrust/Nemesis/Yellow Sun when using a rightfully placed Wild Blow. :]

OH MY GOD...THIS. THE DAMAGE...THE DAMAGE IS SO HIGH--*passes out*

Anyways, I don't see why everyone is all like "OMG, HUmar is so inferior to HUcast". If they both go all power in their materials, HUcast only has about 20 more ATP. If that 20 ATP makes you able to deal 5000 damage more than a max power HUmar with the same gear as you, then I'll MAYBE acknowledge that HUcast is vastly superior compared to HUmar.

Anyways, like a previous poster said, DFP is only good on classes that can make use of it; HUcast and HUcaseal have enough base ATP and DFP to ensure a great damage output and awesome damage reduction with everything put into DFP. Then, give them level 3 deband and affect the enemies with level 3 Jellen (or use a level 4 jellen weapon in solo online/offline) and you'll see 0's poping around. I just love setting down my DS and watch a phobos hit me for 0s with his sword. Priceless. For your FOnewearl, go with EVP instead of def. Put pure mind or power on her mats and MAG depending on your play style and stack EVP boosting slots. If you cast level 3 Jellen, you'll be invulnerable to melee, even against bosses (trust me on this, you'll laugh every time Humilias misses its sword slash after freezing you).

As for the HUmar, he can't make good use of either DFP or EVP builds, so he's better off beefing up that ATP and become nearly as beastly as HUcast (and eventually surpassing HUcast in solo mode).

MAXrobo
Nov 29, 2010, 04:52 PM
out of curiosity, why do you have 1 def on your RAcast mag. my RAcast uses 80 power mats and mag with 100 power. he works great for me.

generaly I try to go 100% on one stat. if you try to divide the stats you end up being underpowered in both categorys. i think its better to be best at 1 and bad at everything else, than balenced but not great at anything.

Broken_L_button
Nov 29, 2010, 05:30 PM
out of curiosity, why do you have 1 def on your RAcast mag. my RAcast uses 80 power mats and mag with 100 power. he works great for me.

generaly I try to go 100% on one stat. if you try to divide the stats you end up being underpowered in both categorys. i think its better to be best at 1 and bad at everything else, than balenced but not great at anything.

I think it's probably to get a specific PB for his MAG. Like most mind MAG users make a MAG with 1 power and 99 MIND for the flozir PB. And yep, quite similarly to PSO, this game rewards you more if you put it all in one stat. SOME classes can rock the jack-of-all-trades builds quite well (HUnewearl/HUnewm and all the Forces), but they'll still have a small, yet noticeable gap in performance compared to those who went for "pure" builds.

bns1991
Nov 29, 2010, 05:42 PM
I plan on going all out power with my HUmar. Once I get more power materials, I plan on resetting his material attributes to do all out on power/ accuracy. I already have a 100 power radam mag. Btw, I love using the Celeb(lv 4)Armburst with my Humar. ^^;

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. :) Revised my original post to reflect recent changes, and they are as follows:

RAcast (lvl 55 so far)
Mats:
80 Pow
Mag: (Urado, Midgal PB)
99 Pow
1 Def
Weapon Type: Cannon (Preferred PA: Divine Ray)

FOnewearl (lvl 9 so far)
Mats:
40 Mind
40 Evade
Mag: (Sig, Pacifal PB)
99 Mind
1 Hit
Weapon Type: Slicer (maybe)

HUmar (Haven't made yet)
Mats:
100 Power
Mag: (Wyn, Pacifal PB)
75 Power
25 Hit
Weapon Type: Unsure

Still unsure if FO weapons require ATA to hit enemies physically (wands, slicers, etc.) so I'm not sure if I should add any ATA to FOnewearl so I can use the slicer, other than that, most everything else looks alright. Also unsure what weapon to use with HUmar.

Broken_L_button
Nov 29, 2010, 09:21 PM
Anything that hits an enemy and that isn't a technique or PB requires ATA. And that includes force weapons. I mean, you have to aim a bit to hit that little bugger on the head with your book, no? And slicers have horrid ATA, so the hit on your MAG might not cut it. Try getting your total ATA to around 400-450 ish and Zalure the enemies. You'll be able to spam heavy attacks with that. As for your HUmar...Handguns, claws, swords, gunblades, daggers...all nice choices. Just make sure they have Celeb on them if you don't feel like needlessly challenging yourself and building chains.

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 09:23 PM
Anything that hits an enemy and that isn't a technique or PB requires ATA. And that includes force weapons. I mean, you have to aim a bit to hit that little bugger on the head with your book, no? And slicers have horrid ATA, so the hit on your MAG might not cut it. Try getting your total ATA to around 400-450 ish and Zalure the enemies. You'll be able to spam heavy attacks with that. As for your HUmar...Handguns, claws, swords, gunblades, daggers...all nice choices. Just make sure they have Celeb on them if you don't feel like needlessly challenging yourself and building chains.

:( Maybe slicer isn't the best choice, then, if the ATA is so low... Wands have such a short range and slow attack speed, though, and I haven't tried rods yet.

What do most people use on FOs?

Chaos Rappy
Nov 29, 2010, 09:26 PM
Except Slicers are boss-killers, even with their low ATA. Distance-hitters that can deal pretty decent damage overall if wielded by a Force, or even a Newman/Newearl Hunter, and absolutely SLAUGHTERS with Bright Sign, since bosses have such low EVP (but note that they DO have some, my FOnewm knows this all too well).

Personally, as a FO-user myself, I usually wield around a good high-MST Rod to deal out powerful teching damage, and for bosses, I swap to a good ol' Celeb Lv3 Slicer to dish out major painage.

FluffyFox
Nov 29, 2010, 09:29 PM
Except Slicers are boss-killers, even with their low ATA. Distance-hitters that can deal pretty decent damage overall if wielded by a Force, or even a Newman/Newearl Hunter, and absolutely SLAUGHTERS with Bright Sign, since bosses have such low EVP (but note that they DO have some, my FOnewm knows this all too well).

Personally, as a FO-user myself, I usually wield around a good high-MST Rod to deal out powerful teching damage, and for bosses, I swap to a good ol' Celeb Lv3 Slicer to dish out major painage.

Ah, sounds... interesting. About how much hit would you reccomend to use a slicer effectively?

Chaos Rappy
Nov 29, 2010, 09:46 PM
As mentioned before, 520 is what you would need to hit effectively on SH, but as a Force, you have access to Zalure, which means you can get by with about 450 or possibly even lower if you use it consistently enough.