PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Update for December 3rd

Amaury
Nov 29, 2010, 07:01 PM
There is an update planned for this week. Read all about it here:
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?352835-Update-for-December-3rd

Attention, GUARDIANS!

It's time for an all-new event for our servers -- Absolute Zero is coming this week to PSU!

The event features a full website with unlockable panel rewards and Hit the Counter. We'll post the website when the event goes live, this December 3rd!

Info for the update is available here:

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20101203a

DuRaL
Nov 29, 2010, 07:23 PM
here's excitement! i've been waiting for this event for so long! i LOVE the look of the ice levels =)

on the other hand i'd prefer if it came 1 week later, as i won't be able to play until december 12th anyway..
well, if it's 6 weeks, like for JP, it won't matter much

XbikXBd
Nov 29, 2010, 07:28 PM
inbretartedcomments
wewt cant wait for this to start up

Skorn
Nov 29, 2010, 08:15 PM
Yay! Must finish getting ready. Grind bonus yay.

BIG OLAF
Nov 29, 2010, 08:19 PM
inbretartedcomments

Also, inb4JPplayersrudecomments.

Anyway, I'll admit that I was thoroughly surprised when I saw the marquee on PSU announce that Absolute Zero is coming this week. I was thinking next week, or maybe even the week after that. Can't complain.

XbikXBd
Nov 29, 2010, 08:36 PM
inb4JPplayersrudecomments.

Does this count for me?<_<

Powder Keg
Nov 29, 2010, 09:02 PM
Sorry if this was posted already.

BIG OLAF
Nov 29, 2010, 09:15 PM
Does this count for me?<_<

No, your comment wasn't rude. But, there will be some that are, I'm pretty certain.

Midori Oku
Nov 29, 2010, 09:24 PM
Time to make some Absolute Zero Masterforce videos! :)

Crysteon
Nov 29, 2010, 09:34 PM

inb4Ilolaboutthis.

I really laughed when I read it, D: . I'm not gonna say anything rude about it, though...just...uhmm...something cheesy like: About time that update hit you guys! You deserve it!

xxmadplayerxx
Nov 29, 2010, 09:36 PM
ABSOLUTELY GOOD NEWS!!! ahh im telling all my friends that dont play psu any more and i bet u they will come back..except for ones that quit...well...maybe.. :)

Zerolimit
Nov 29, 2010, 09:55 PM
just asking does absolute Zero include PA%+ EXP boost and MP boost or give a lot of MP

Amaury
Nov 29, 2010, 09:56 PM
just asking does absolute Zero include PA%+ EXP boost and MP boost or give a lot of MP

Of course it will, it's an event. :-)

MillyB
Nov 29, 2010, 10:16 PM

To correct Amaury no it does not have a pa exp nor does it have really good mission points.

Amaury
Nov 29, 2010, 10:19 PM
To correct Amaury no it does not have a pa exp nor does it have really good mission points.

Sorry, but you're the incorrect one.

MillyB
Nov 29, 2010, 10:24 PM
Sorry, but you're the incorrect one.

Amaury please explain how I am the one that is wrong?

Amaury
Nov 29, 2010, 10:26 PM
Amaury please explain how I am the one that is wrong?

It's simple, really. All events have boosted experience and drop rates.

MillyB
Nov 29, 2010, 10:29 PM
It's simple, really. All events have boosted experience and drop rates.

Did you even read his post?
The bold parts are the ones you want to read.

Please tell me again how I am wrong?

Amaury
Nov 29, 2010, 10:36 PM
Did you even read his post?
The bold parts are the ones you want to read.

Please tell me again how I am wrong?

I was referring to the experience part.

Lolitron
Nov 29, 2010, 10:40 PM
Lol Cyclical argument is classic

Crysteon
Nov 29, 2010, 10:46 PM
Yay! All that memorable "no u" cycle \o/

milranduil
Nov 29, 2010, 10:56 PM

inb4randomxnubdisplaysidiocy

Oh wait you you beat me D:

lol GG Amaury you fool.

BIG OLAF
Nov 29, 2010, 11:07 PM
inb4randomxnubdisplaysidiocy

Oh wait you you beat me D:

Well, you think it makes you look "cool" to try and belittle someone who doesn't actually care about anything you say, then go for it. Make sure you have fun doing it, though.

Also, to Milly and Amaury, I thought Edward said somewhere that one of the AZ rewards was a PA EXP boost? Not too sure, as I didn't see it myself.

milranduil
Nov 29, 2010, 11:15 PM
Well, you think it makes you look "cool" to try and belittle someone who doesn't actually care about anything you say, then go for it. Make sure you have fun doing it, though.

Also, to Milly and Amaury, I thought Edward said somewhere that one of the AZ rewards was a PA EXP boost? Not too sure, as I didn't see it myself.

To set the record straight, I wouldn't actually have commented on this if it hadn't been your own little comment belittling the entire JP importer population. You only have yourself to blame on that one.

unicorn
Nov 29, 2010, 11:23 PM
Big Olaf, most of us JP players gave up on trying to convince the 360 players that their server sucks. I dont see many JP players trolling 360 update threads as much as I used to. Trolling in your threads was at its highest when the PC/PS2 shut down (my home server), since then, most of us don't really care to flame your threads.

But don't provoke us! D:

On topic: I would have loved this event, since I was looking forward to it on the PC/PS2 servers for a looong time. Shame, I never got to play it (since I was completely 100% active since my time on PSU, never once canceled my sub or anything). Although now I dont really care, just kinda sucks I missed out on a couple events.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Leilla-chan
Nov 30, 2010, 03:31 AM
Well m,aybe the Event has to Pa exp+ boost, but when you do well ion the event and get high points, you should get a pa exp boost as reward;D Well that is only when you get a Milestone tabl like JP.
CG for getting the Event that early in December enjoy it all ;D

XbikXBd
Nov 30, 2010, 03:41 AM
Best part for me is update on jp a day before this so happyfaceic

Leilla-chan
Nov 30, 2010, 03:57 AM
Yeah Mag++:D

XbikXBd
Nov 30, 2010, 05:30 AM
Yeah Mag++:D

yes and now its 6per. mission so yay more exp for me to get to 180:D

As for 360 i want to get my last cher. to 180 and be done till events roll by^^;

desturel
Nov 30, 2010, 10:21 AM
Well, 14 stacks of neptuline, 12 stacks of mot walna, 8 stacks of Metapolymer. Hopefully that's enough to get me at least 1 50% spear or Rabol Nico. Knowing my luck my highest percentage will probably be 38%.

BIG OLAF
Nov 30, 2010, 10:24 AM
Well, 14 stacks of neptuline, 12 stacks of mot walna, 8 stacks of Metapolymer. Hopefully that's enough to get me at least 1 50% spear or Rabol Nico. Knowing my luck my highest percentage will probably be 38%.

Eh, don't feel bad. Knowing my luck, I won't get a single gawdamned [B]Mugunburga, [B]Ank Buti, [B] Rabol Nico, etc. for the entire event. I always end up having to buy all my weapons because of my horrible, horrendous, atrocious luck in PSU.

Oh, and then the "lucky" players with all their 50% gear laugh at me, like it's my fault or something that Sega's random % counter won't give me ten billion 50%'s like they get.

MillyB
Nov 30, 2010, 11:08 AM
Eh, don't feel bad. Knowing my luck, I won't get a single gawdamned [B]Mugunburga, [B]Ank Buti, [B] Rabol Nico, etc. for the entire event. I always end up having to buy all my weapons because of my horrible, horrendous, atrocious luck in PSU.

Oh, and then the "lucky" players with all their 50% gear laugh at me, like it's my fault or something that Sega's random % counter won't give me ten billion 50%'s like they get.

If you do not get any [b] in the 7 weeks the events up well I going to say its your fault....

BIG OLAF
Nov 30, 2010, 11:16 AM
If you do not get any [b] in the 7 weeks the events up well I going to say its your fault....

I don't see how it would be my fault. I don't control Sega's drops, or who the drops go to, now do I? It's all random chance. Though unlikely, it's not impossible for someone to go the whole event without getting a good rare drop. I'm sure I'll be able to prove that.

Crysteon
Nov 30, 2010, 11:40 AM
I don't see how it would be my fault. I don't control Sega's drops, or who the drops go to, now do I? It's all random chance. Though unlikely, it's not impossible for someone to go the whole event without getting a good rare drop. I'm sure I'll be able to prove that.

Start to solo for your own drops. Problem solved.

MillyB
Nov 30, 2010, 11:52 AM

Exactly this.

BIG OLAF
Nov 30, 2010, 11:52 AM

Like I haven't tried that :lol:. At this point, I don't care so much anymore, as PSU won't be around much longer, anyway. So it doesn't bother as much as it seems to.

EDIT: Why are we even talking about this? It's extremely off-topic. My original post, that was directed towards desturel, was just meant to explain to him that he shouldn't be worried about his luck. It really shouldn't have gone any farther than that.

Midori Oku
Nov 30, 2010, 01:58 PM

You do know the drop rates on the Burga and Buti [B]s are good right? You will get at least a few even if you play just a little bit.

NiceOnes
Nov 30, 2010, 02:08 PM
Soooooo....

Start date is Dec 3rd... Is there an end date or duration I missed?

Thanks in advance.

Midori Oku
Nov 30, 2010, 02:09 PM
Soooooo....

Start date is Dec 3rd... Is there an end date or duration I missed?

Thanks in advance.

It starts on the 3rd and lasts for 7 weeks. :)

Leilla-chan
Nov 30, 2010, 04:41 PM
It starts on the 3rd and lasts for 7 weeks. :)

Wow 7 weeks. Even an event can get boring after that long time ;D

Midori Oku
Nov 30, 2010, 06:34 PM

Yeah it is lasting longer than I thought it would. A lot of the people I know including myself like the fact this event is going to last this long.

DuRaL
Nov 30, 2010, 06:54 PM
if we get the next update the day the event goes down, why not?
7 weeks of event and then a new update is better than 5 weeks event, 2 weeks of white beast and then an update ;)
anyway, i'm just happy i can play the event during my whole xmas holidays!

it's also the only chance we'll ever get to play the ice stages online! they looks so awesome, i can't wait >_<

Leilla-chan
Dec 1, 2010, 05:15 AM
if we get the next update the day the event goes down, why not?
7 weeks of event and then a new update is better than 5 weeks event, 2 weeks of white beast and then an update ;)
anyway, i'm just happy i can play the event during my whole xmas holidays!

it's also the only chance we'll ever get to play the ice stages online! they looks so awesome, i can't wait >_<

well that is only if Sega will give you a new update straight after the event. But i would prefer to go on fast with new updates ( so many new cool weps) than have 7 weeks event and then a half year no more event.
But I hope for you you will get a boostroad or any new content after the Event;D

Amaury
Dec 3, 2010, 12:24 PM
The official website is live!

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?353240-Absolute-Zero-and-Event-Page-are-Now-Live!

Attention, GUARDIANS!
Absolute Zero is now live, and so is the event website!
Here's the website: http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/ice2010/en/
Go there to see the kill counter, panel rewards, Hit the Counter!, and more --
Check back here for news as the event progresses.

---

Some quick notes --
+The event can be accessed from the 5th floor of the GUARDIANS Colony.
+Some (but not all) of you may experience graphical slowdown during the first block of the main mission. This is a fairly graphically intense mission, and in particular as parties are entering they may experience this. However, the block does play more smoothly as it goes on, and by block 2 is much better.
+If you do have issues with slowdown you can try pointing the camera at the ground, as you move, which should help smooth the framerate.
+This graphical slowdown is different from lag! If you are receiving persistent lag through the event PM me with your ID#, ISP, and geographical region. We will log these and if possible make adjustments.

xjustsumloser
Dec 4, 2010, 04:21 AM
My winter break here starts on Dec 24th, so at that point I'll go ahead and subscribe for about a month. How many stars across the servers are we seeing at peak times right now?

Justyn_Darkcrest
Dec 4, 2010, 04:41 AM
My winter break here starts on Dec 24th, so at that point I'll go ahead and subscribe for about a month. How many stars across the servers are we seeing at peak times right now?

By about mid day universe 1 was full and universe 2 seemed to go between 3-4 stars at peak. A couple of random universes had 1 star as well.

Yuicihi
Dec 4, 2010, 11:17 AM

Well, look on the bright side.

Could be yet another MAG. How many are we up to, again?

BIG OLAF
Dec 4, 2010, 02:42 PM
I really hope Sega gives us a GAS update sometime during this event. Mostly because I got about 7 APs yesterday alone (the first day of the event), and I'm running out of useful styles and upgrades to purchase in the GAS Station (lol).

pikachief
Dec 4, 2010, 05:48 PM
yay being this long i can get all my characters up and still have time to use the PA boost on the JP servers :D

The length is almost the entire length of my winter break :D lol

SolomonGrundy
Dec 10, 2010, 03:06 PM
CAn someone please post exact data on the experience boost? I don't care as much about the drop rate boost. But an XP boost is always welcome.

Akaimizu
Dec 10, 2010, 03:21 PM
It certainly gives my character a better chance of clearing at least close to the top level so I can finally really get working on my points.

darkante
Dec 10, 2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah, i were waiting for a reason to come back.
Havenīt been around since summer.