PDA

View Full Version : (Spoilers) PSO Ep1-4 Story and PSO2 Speculation

Googlebonker
Nov 30, 2010, 03:27 PM
With the upcoming release of PSO2, can we all discuss the story of Eps1-4? Let`s also speculate on what will happen!

(Refer to Endu`s "The Final Battle 1" cutscene from Ep3)
Presuming that Dark Falz used Red Ring Rico`s body to physically manifest before the explosions that destroyed the remaining DF virus and gave birth to Amplam Umbra and Endu, if Dark Falz`s and Flowen`s bodies exploded and were destroyed, whose body was used for the physical manifestation of Dark Falz at the end of Ep1? What was the Olga Flow at the end of Ep2?

SPECULATION!!
I think that maybe there was a Dark Falz made from "Blitz" (Kranz and Kylria`s father) before the Amplam Umbra from Ep3 was destroyed. Agree?

Discuss!

Niered
Nov 30, 2010, 04:04 PM
Would someone mind recapping the stories of episodes three and four? I know a lot of us didnt play C.A.R.D. and many of us still havent gotten around to dgging into the meat of Blue Burst. A general recap and tie in to episodes 1 and 2 would be great.

•Col•
Nov 30, 2010, 06:38 PM
A REALLY brief description of Episode 4... This is going to be kind of vague as well, as I can't even remember the storyline that well myself, so I might be wrong about something. But anyway...

A meteorite crashes onto Ragol, and a bunch of the creatures freak out because of high levels of photon energy. Hunters get sent to investigate. You find out that the meteor crashed into the planet because of some super weapon that the military created. It turns out that a special Newman, named Rupika, was created specifically to channel the energy for the weapon... Your missions turns to save her and leave, but she is captured by some military higher-up, and is brought to some underground caves to absorb the large amount of leftover energy, or something... But instead, she accidentally awakens the final boss, and you defeat it, and that's pretty much it...

I would like to hear the story for Episode 3, though... I've never played it.

EDIT: Also, some of Episode 2's story...

Flowen, a warrior, fights against creatures on Ragol, but he gets injured. His injury becomes infected and he starts turning into a monster. A scientist wants to run experiments on him, but Flowen only agrees to it under the condition that the scientist warns Pioneer 2 not to land on Ragol... Of course the scientist goes back on his bargain, and uses cells from Flowen to create a bio-robot thing called Olga Flow on an island laboratory... Then Episode 1 events unfold, and Hunters are sent to investigate the laboratory, which is Episode 2...

MAXrobo
Nov 30, 2010, 08:48 PM
Id also like to know where/if phantasy star zero's storyline fits into the PSO storyline. Iv head from various places that is takes place long after (as in hundreds of years) the events of episode 4. I really have no idea if this is true or not.

if it is true, then that would mean that dark falz is not dead and could potentially be the final boss of PSO2, which i think would be awesome.

•Col•
Nov 30, 2010, 09:47 PM
Id also like to know where/if phantasy star zero's storyline fits into the PSO storyline. Iv head from various places that is takes place long after (as in hundreds of years) the events of episode 4. I really have no idea if this is true or not.

if it is true, then that would mean that dark falz is not dead and could potentially be the final boss of PSO2, which i think would be awesome.

Err.. I don't think Phantasy Star Zero is connected to PSO at all... If it is connected, it's very minuscule.

Anyway, Dark Falz can be a boss anyway... You do know that he can't actually die, right? He can time travel, so even though you may defeat an incarnation of him, he'll be back. I'm pretty sure it says that he returns every 1000 years. The time traveling creates a paradox.

Ezodagrom
Nov 30, 2010, 10:02 PM
About Phantasy Star Zero, I think it might be connected in a way with PSO, I think its story might be in the original planet where Pioneer 1 and 2 came from.

•Col•
Nov 30, 2010, 10:33 PM
About Phantasy Star Zero, I think it might be connected in a way with PSO, I think its story might be in the original planet where Pioneer 1 and 2 came from.

Yeah, I remember hearing something like that a long time ago... That's pretty much the only thing that connects it to PSO, and it's not even that big of a revelation in the game.

Googlebonker
Nov 30, 2010, 10:53 PM
Err.. I don't think Phantasy Star Zero is connected to PSO at all... If it is connected, it's very minuscule.

Anyway, Dark Falz can be a boss anyway... You do know that he can't actually die, right? He can time travel, so even though you may defeat an incarnation of him, he'll be back. I'm pretty sure it says that he returns every 1000 years. The time traveling creates a paradox.

I think it meant that a Dark Falz historically SOMEHOW finds a way to wreak havoc every 1000 years until it`s destroyed again. If I understand correctly, Dark Falz are made by an Amplam Umbra, and an Amplam Umbra only shows up after all Dark Falz are destroyed. They have to all be destroyed near the same time in order for them to no longer exist. I`m thinking that it takes a Dark Falz about 1000 years to grow in power to be a major dangerous threat. It just so happens that every 1000 years, people think they`ve gotten rid of the entire threat, only to have another Dark Falz they didn`t know was still alive grow powerful and start messing their world up.

I don`t believe it`s talking about time travel.

It`d be nice if someone went and scripted the entire Ep3 game for everyone...

Wayu
Nov 30, 2010, 10:56 PM
It is implied heavily that the planet on which PS0 takes place on is Coral, the origin of the Pioneer projects.

There isn't just one 'Dark Falz', though it could be a mistranslation of the game's text. It's original name in the PS series was Dark Force, and it was stated that there was more than just one. Lastly, though Dark Falz's body was destroyed it's still a 'dark god that can never be truly killed'.

BTW, Olga Flow is not a Dark Force. It's an oversized D-Form machina.

PSPo2i will connect the PSP series to PSO2 as well.

PSO2 is a confirmed sequel to PSO.

That means that PSO2 is the connection of PS0, PSP, and PSO. That's a pretty big 'holy shit that's pretty damn awesome' in my book.

-Wayu

•Col•
Nov 30, 2010, 11:21 PM
I thought that I heard somewhere that in one of the original PS games, the Dark Force was actually somehow using time travel to keep sending copies of himself back in time or something. But maybe I just made that up in my head. After looking it up, it seems that there's actually a completely evil force, The Profound Darkness, that was sealed at the beginning of time, and keeps manifesting itself in the real world as the Dark Force(Dark Falz) in order to try to break the seal.

Wayu
Nov 30, 2010, 11:24 PM
^

O rly? Well, that basically guarantees the reappearance of Dark Falz in some form or other...sorta...

-Wayu

paracelsus
Dec 1, 2010, 12:46 AM
I've played Episode 1 a lot and just finished Episode 2.

In episode 1 as you travel through out the game you begin to learn that an eternal photon energy based creature known as "Dark Force" was captured onto an alien spacecraft and sent out into space. The craft landed, supposedly crashed, on Ragol. The Military and scientists of Pioneer 1 begun excavation down to the craft thinking it was ruins of an ancient Ragol civilization, but they awake the Dark Force.

In Episode 2 we learn of Heathcliff Flowen, he was a high ranking official of the military that was there when they awoke Dark Force in the craft, he and his squad were attacked by a manifestation of Dark Force which only Flowen survives and escapes, but Flowen's wounds are infected by Dark Forces photon energy. Some how he ends up at the Island Lab of Dr. Osto where he's convinced to donate his wounded, and infected body to the scientist. As part of the arrangement for the donation Dr. Osto was supposed to tell the Government on Coral not to send Pioneer 2, which Dr. Osto did not. Also everyone that knew Heathcliff Flowen was told that he had died including his student Red Ring Rico. Using D-cells from Flowen's wounds Dr. Osto created many Altered Beasts and at least three D-cell sub lifeforms.

His very successful creations were
Gal Gryphon - Altered Beast
De Rol Le/Da Ra Lie - Altered Beast
Olga Flow - D-cell sub lifeform

De Rol Le/Da Ra Lie Had escaped the mines lab through the vents and drainage pipes until it made its way to the caves where it mass infected the native animals and mutated them. Olga Flow is/was Heathcliff Flowen. Dr. Osto wanting to control Dark Forces photon energy for bio-weapons tried to use Heathcliff Flowen as a core, and implanted the core of the Olga AI into Heathcliff's body. As Heathcliff's body begun to deteriorate from his infection and the experiments Dark Force was able to read his mind, and decided he wanted to get Red Ring Rico as a vessel for it's own attempt at evolution. Dark Force used Rico to produce a real living body for itself. When Pioneer 2 arrives the people of pioneer 1, and Red Ring Rico have already been taken by Dark Force. Heathcliff using the abilities he gained through the Olga AI core causes the explosion, in an attempt to keep the people of Pioneer 2 off of Ragol. Dark Force also using the Olga AI within Flowen infected the Machines at the Mines Lab, and Island Lab.

Flowen being connected to Dark Falz through his Dark Force infection knew that Rico had been "rescued" by a team of hunters, and that the same team of hunters was now on the island lab. He awaited the teams descent into the disposal site wanting to be destroyed and released from his current fate.

Well, that is what I thought at least.

Seth Astra
Dec 1, 2010, 12:52 AM
It is implied heavily that the planet on which PS0 takes place on is Coral, the origin of the Pioneer projects.

Actually, it's blatently stated that the planet used to be called Coral. It's one of the Dark Shrine missions... The one that doesn't have Reve with you... I forgot what the mission was called... Anyway, from this we can gather that PSZ takes place on the planet that the Pioneer ships came from, a long time after the events of PSO.

Wayu
Dec 1, 2010, 12:53 AM
That's basically it for PSO's story. I guess our focus now shifts to how it'll connect to PSO2 and its connections.

-Wayu

•Col•
Dec 1, 2010, 02:32 AM
Wait, could someone explain PSO Episode 3?

I really have NO idea what it's about...

paracelsus
Dec 1, 2010, 03:12 AM
I haven't played PSO Episode 3 as well, so I also have no idea. If I can get my hands on a copy then once I know I'll post, lol.

Also it seems the recurring theme has been Dark Force's photon energy, and the D-cells. Will they continue these themes in PSO2 is more of the question.

MAXrobo
Dec 1, 2010, 09:06 PM
I have episode 3 but i was never good enough to finish it :cry:. i should try again sometime.

on another note, if this is suppost to connect to the PSU storyline through PsP2i, then does that mean dumans are coming along for the ride? I read somewhere that they were humans mutated by the SEED. if this is true then that means that the SEED viris will be coming to ragol. and if they do continue the use of dark falz and the D-cells from the PSO storylines, maybe we will get some sort of D-cell infected SEED.

SEED-falz could be the final boss.
there could be a story arc of the dumans being blamed by the ragoliens for the choas.
Maya Shidow and Dr.Osto would have to team up to find a cure!
I could finaly see kireek punch Ethan in the face :twak:

sorry, got carried away. I personaly think a falz possesed SEED-form would be pretty badass. what do you think?

Wayu
Dec 1, 2010, 09:57 PM
Dewmans and Beasts are most likely returning. SEGA cutting out those races would only loose them players of the PSP series.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Dec 1, 2010, 11:01 PM
Apologies in advance for casting "Wall Of Text", but anyway...

Some clarification about Dark Falz from the original JP PS series and speculation about the direction taken from PSO onwards. It may or may not be relevant for the US canon, but since SoJ is probably going to refer to the JP version of events, we can probably assume that it will be the dominant viewpoint.

Dark Falz in the original JP games was known as Dark Phallus. For obvious reasons, they changed that for the US release to Force, and they might have changed it for the later Genesis games, but I'll leave those with active imaginations to think about the implications of that name...

The Profound Darkness was in the JP canon, not a single malevolent counterpart to the Great Light, but in fact a race of dark beings, and the Great Light was also a race of beings as well. Perhaps, we could take these as "SEED" and the "Ancients" like Mika and their like, if you want to link to PSU canon.

Dark Force in Algol is a physical manifestation of the dark beings that occurs whenever the seal of Algol weakens every 1000 years. The Dark Falz of PSO canon doesn't seem to explain much by way of how it appears, but hints at possible links to the original series in several ways:

- The MUTTS, DITTS, POUMN of the pillar hinting at the original Algol seal
- The giant spaceship ruins entombing Dark Falz
- The appearance of the first form of Dark Falz

I've seen some speculating that the Ruins is actually a Worldship from Palma, potentially the Arisa III from PSIII, and I too think that there is some merit to that. For example, if you google the Phantasy Star III Dark Force, I've always thought there was a resemblance to PSO's Dark Falz. It could be that they abandoned the worldship in question after finding a proper world to settle on, and for good reason, since Dark Falz could have always revived itself again.

I'm fairly certain that the Dark Falz in PSO and PSU follows the same principles of the Algol one, because I see PSO's Falz as being within the Algol Universe, and the PSU one as almost the same with Gurhal as a potential alternate universe Algol. It can't be a future Algol either, as Palma is already destroyed as of PSIV.

The reason why Dark Falz can continue to exist is explained in the older games - you need a powerful artifact/weapon capable to doing so, and all you only manage to do is destroy one manifestation of it at a time. Without the correct weapons (ie: the Nei Weapons, or the Elsydeon) you simply banish it for a time and it's free to grow back to it's former strength. Even if Chaz (Rudy) from PSIV really managed to destroy the source of the Profound Darkness in PSIV, there's still a number of Dark Forces still running loose in Algol and other universes that were not destroyed by any weapon capable of completely annihilating it.

Wayu
Dec 1, 2010, 11:10 PM
Dark Falz in the original JP games was known as Dark Phallus.

Woooooooow.

Other than that, thanks for the clarification.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Dec 1, 2010, 11:18 PM
I have the artbook to prove that btw. -_-||

It's probably a very good thing for all of us that they changed the name for the US, and post Genesis.

Wayu
Dec 1, 2010, 11:32 PM
It would be hilarious if they didn't.

"Hey guys, I finally beat that damned Ultimate Dark Phallus!"

-Wayu

•Col•
Dec 1, 2010, 11:35 PM
It took me and three other guys to overcome the Dark Phallus.... It was just so hard.

*shot*

Niered
Dec 2, 2010, 03:17 AM
It took me and three other guys to overcome the Dark Phallus.... It was just so hard.

*shot*

Just by any chance, you ever fight another boss after that? I mean, I just wanted to know if it was true, you know the whole "You never go back" thing.

I don't think you'd want to pick up any drops from that thing.

I'd stay away from that thing's GiBarta though, I hear it stains.

Okay, seriously, I'm done now, this shouldn't even be happening, I've known about this little translation discrepancy forever.

Wayu
Dec 2, 2010, 03:50 AM
I've known about this little translation discrepancy forever.

But we haven't. It's nice to poke fun at fail translations other than the ones in FFVII every now and then.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Dec 2, 2010, 04:23 AM
Oh dear. I seem to have unleashed a flood onto unsuspecting forum goers. WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!? *curls up in a corner and starts cultivating mushrooms*

I suppose this is probably the reason why the Profound Darkness is in such a bad mood by the time PSIV rolls around. Damned heroes and their slash first, think later mindset...

-------

Anyway, apologies for unintentionally derailing the topic. -_-||

Wayu
Dec 2, 2010, 04:45 AM
It actually wasn't that off topic. We were discussing whether or not the possibility of a large dark phallus could occur as a boss or major plot event.

Sorta.

Seriously, though, Dark Falz (or some reincarnation of sorts) is fairly likely to return.

-Wayu

•Col•
Dec 2, 2010, 11:02 AM
Actually.... I used to hate how they made Dark Falz in PSU because I thought he looked stupid.....

But now this revelation kind of explains his appearance.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/mags203.jpg

*cough*...

RubyEclipse
Dec 2, 2010, 05:48 PM
Wait, could someone explain PSO Episode 3?

I really have NO idea what it's about...

It's largely focused on the battles between the new government and a freedom fighting group known as the Arkz. Tyrell steps down from office and the new team in charge are more concerned with weapons and power than before - similar to certain other individuals in the past who brought about a number of tragedies because of it. This time, they want to condense weapons into small, portable sizes - i.e. the excuse for getting cards involved.

A few other, non-critical but neat tidbits of info that are also found:

- Great sword Zoke's mentor (if memory serves) is a playable character, though he's had his mind transferred over to a new body. His name is Relmitos.

- Endu is one cool but weird character, and his existence is somewhat explained as 'he appears because his inverse appeared', referencing the final boss. (However, the 'no light without darkness' references do make more sense with this.) Worth noting though is that Endu can communicate with both Rico and Flowen, who are sort of his parents... or he's just a mixture of them. Or something like that.

Long story short, after years of sitting in orbit, Pioneer II finally lands on Ragol. And thus the PSO series ends... as far as we know.

Phantasy Star Zero actually holds a huge goldmine of knowledge to the other side of the PSO storyline - the origins behind the Pioneer Project, and what was happening on Coral. Most interesting though is how much later it takes place in comparison to PSO, meaning it's likely that Pioneer II and it's inhabitants never ventured back to their homeworld in the many generations that followed.

MAXrobo
Dec 2, 2010, 07:28 PM
@RubyEclipse wait... so how was dark falz involved? i heard he was killed once and for all. but that kinda goes against everything that the other phantasy star games say about him. also why were there two final bosses (one for arkz and one for hunters)?

Googlebonker
Dec 2, 2010, 10:21 PM
Pollux and Castor were highly mutated forms of clones of Red`s (Leader of the Arkz) two daughters, who comitted suicide after seeing mutated clones of themselves.

Googlebonker
Dec 3, 2010, 01:29 AM
Okay, I`ll explain some stuff about Ep3 after having read some other stuff, and I have time!

Phantasy Star Online Ep3 is told a lot through most of the 24 main Story Characters. My explaination will have a lot to do with them.

This is all if I remember correctly.

There are two groups: The Hero Side Hunters and The Dark Side Arkz. The Hunters work with the government of Pioneer 2 through the C.A.R.D. Lab. The Arkz are an anti-government movement that don`t agree with the government of Pioneer 2`s handling of the development of Ragol.

There are 24 possible endings to this game (as to who gets credit for defeating the final boss), but only six characters have cutscenes if selected before the final one or two battles of a playthrough of either story line.

Sil`fer is a young woman (I think she`s 18 ) who is a member of the Hunters. Because she is a Newman, she supposedly looks younger than her actual age. She joined the C.A.R.D. lab with her two childhood friends Kranz and Ino`lis.

Part of her memory is lost through mental shock. For a while, she can`t remember what happened to her sister, Sophia, and events surrounding her sister`s death.

She, Break (who joined the Arkz), and Sophia used to be Hunters together (not for the C.A.R.D. Lab). Somehow, they all fought Amplam Umbra, the "Great Darkness" and source of the "Germ" (which is actually the same thing as the Dark Falz virus that was causing havoc in Episodes 1 and 2), and lost. All three were infected with the Germ, but Break had taken an antidote. With only 1 vial of antidote remaining, Sophia encouraged her boyfriend, Break, to use it on Sil`fer. Break stabbed the vial into Sil`fer`s heart with his sword, saving her life. Break is shown in a cutscene frame carrying both Silfer and Sophia`s limp bodies.

Through most of the game, Sil`fer begins to remember pieces of what transpired, but not in order, leading her to believe Break had betrayed her by stabbing her. Break speaks to her in cutscenes, and realizes she doesn`t remember everything that happened. Sil`fer didn`t understand why she`d be a partner to an Arkz member. In her final cutscene (if you select her for the final battle or 2), she discovers Sophia`s Section ID and remembers the rest of what happened.

(Excuse me if this explaination is in pieces. Once again, I`m using a phone. lol)

Googlebonker
Dec 3, 2010, 02:35 AM
Kranz is about the same age as Sil`fer and Ino`lis. He is the son of a very undocumented father who had many aliases, one being "Blitz." Blitz is the name Kranz knows his father by, but Kranz calls him "pops." His father wasn`t around very much due to his work, which led to his parents` divorce. His big sister went with his mother, and he went with his father. After a while, his father disappeared. It is later discovered in the game that Kylria, another Hunters character, is actually his big sister.

Kylria was raised by their mother for a while. After her mother died, a man showed up and trained her to be a powerful person on the surface of Ragol. That person was her father. In the game, Kranz and Kylria began looking for the whereabouts of their father. Kranz did not know Kylria was his sister.

During the course of the game, Kranz helps to possibly save people`s lives and part of Pioneer 2 by setting up some kind of explosion barrier or something. Doing this at a late time, however, got him caught in the explosion. Sil`fer and Ino`lis are two of the few people who got to see Kranz post-explosion and/or during that explosion. According to Ino`lis, Kranz was blown to bits. However, after that explosion, word gets out that Kranz is recovering.

The government had already begun to clone things using technology and the Germ. This is how C.A.R.D. technology came about. The government wanted to find the source of the Germ in order to be able to recall larger things using C.A.R.D technology. The government has also been doing some other research with the Germ.

One thing the government was doing was collecting data on all of the ship`s citizens. The citizenry were all supposed to do daily scans. These scans stored the memories and personal data of an individual into their Section ID that they wore. This data could later be put into a "memory core," a chip containing all of that data. The memory core could be put into a clone of a person to make it seem like it was that person.

This is what happened to Kranz. After he died, his memories were put into a clone of himself. His memories ended at about a week before that explosion, most likely because he skipped scanning for that long. Earlier in the game, Kranz explains that if you skip a day or two or maybe even three, the government doesn`t seem to be too bothered by it.

Googlebonker
Dec 3, 2010, 02:48 AM
Kranz and Kylria found a message from Blitz that was designed to only work when both of their Section IDs were present. It was in a device that was much like the devices Red Ring Rico left around in Episode 1-related areas. I`m not sure if that one was before or after Kranz was cloned. Kylria seemed to accept the clone as Kranz, even though I do think that she knew it was a clone. After Kranz was cloned, they found another message designed the same way, but with a different message and in a different location.

Blitz had been infected with the Germ, taken back to outer space where others were infected because of him, and somehow made it back to Ragol. He seemingly found his way to the Great Shadow, but Kranz`s final cutscene doesn`t reveal whether Blitz was found or not.

I`m about to sleep. n_n More story time later! : D

Jinketsu
Dec 3, 2010, 06:35 AM
I thought PSP was related to PSU...

Now I've got to go and play them.

paracelsus
Dec 3, 2010, 06:44 AM
Episode 3 is related to PSO, and PSP is PSU, but PSO2 might some how end up related to PSO & PSU.

Lunariancrystal
Dec 3, 2010, 07:11 AM
I played episode 3 but it was kind of hard to follow. As Bonker was saying there are a lot of endings. Basically what he said is what I got out of it but what I noticed and I'm sure its obvious to everyone else who played PSO ep3 was that the Heros(What people think is the good side) is actually the evil, bad, government side and the Arks(What people think is the bad side) is actually the good guys trying to rid the source of GERM and Dark Falz (Umbral Thing...I guess what spawns Dark Falz).

So yeah. Arkz good, Heros bad. Its subjective though. If I had to choose a side for good it would be Arkz for sure.

Government, like most governments, is trying to exploit science (in this case, science linked to GERM which is linked to Dark Falz/Umbral) to make weapons(Cards). For what? Eradicating anyone who opposes the government: Arkz.

I feel bad for anyone who never played CARD. Yeah it might be a card game but if you are a PSO fan you should totally play it. Buy it online for 10.00 and play it on your Wii. Its totally worth it. Uses all the same art/graphics, and amazing music that PSO has always had. Also more interpretations of CARD would be nice. Some people are really good at analyzing and linking plots/stories.

GCoffee
Dec 3, 2010, 09:58 AM
Mysterious-G nicely summed up PSO's main story line:

When Pioneer 1 arrived on Ragol they also discovered the old monuments. They started to investigate. It would be highly reasonable to build some warmachines to protect yourself from ancient threats, especially in the world of sci-fi, don't you think? :p
But honestly... Do humans really need reason to create weapons? You wish...

Well, finally they reached the ruins and encountered the D-Cell creatures, which they fought.
Eventually Dark Falz was freed from Pioneer 1 and Flowen and his team were sent to annihilate the thing that appeared to be a threat.
They managed to defeated it successfully, although every team member but him got killed. Flowen also got infected with the D-Cells, and thatfor became a test object after he agreed with it. He was declared dead (from the fight) and brought to Gal Da Val. There Osto and Co. fused him with the computer Olga, hoping to gain control over Flowen's corrupted body like that. However, the D-Cells managed to gain control over Olga, what leaded to the creation of Olga Flow. It went nuts and probably killed everyone in the facility.

What Pioneer 1 did not know: Dark Falz was not dead, just utterly weakened. It recovered and left it's chamber, which Pioneer 1 had opened before. Boom. The Black Wave (- I call it that in reference to Zio's black wave attack from PSIV -) it unleashed killed off the whole population of Pioneer 1. Everyone but Rico. She found herself to be the only surivor of the explosion and fought her way through the areas of episode 1 in search of the truth, and in order to find other survivors. But the further she got, the more desperate she got aswell. She finds out about Dark Falz and loses faith in herself, what left her weak enough for Dark Falz to take over her body as a host.
Not much later we arrive and defeat Dark Falz. Again, we only managed to defeat it, not to kill it!
The yet again weakened Dark Falz vanishes.

We are sent to investigate on Gal Da Val and in the seabed facility find odd messages of somebody calling us. The messages are from Heathcliff, who is still trying to take control over the body, but has to accept that he is not able to. But he tries as hard as he can and manages to send us a message.
We successfully fight Olga Flow, and the weakened mutant escapes.

Years later Rico and Heathcliff manage to sow the seeds of discord between the two entities and make them fight eachother. In the clash both entities kill eachother, but their clash results in two new beings being created.
A human, later named Endu, and Amplam Umbra, also called the Germ. The Germ is the source of C.A.R.D. technology as we later find out, but we also come to the conclusion that we have to kill Amplam Umbra. Shortly before the final battle, playing as Endu, Rico's and Heathcliff's spirits talk to you, apologizing for what you, their 'son', had to go through.
(I never knew clashes result in children! Can some couple confirm this?)
They also tell you that Amplam Umbra is the breeding station for a new Dark Falz, and that the dark god would be reborn in (I think it was) 100 years (in PSO, I know it is 1000 in PS,) if you do not destroy it for good. And so we do, and end the circle of terror in the PSO universe.

So it all started because they opened the ruins' forbidden door. But curiosity is part of our nature, so I do not think that they are to blame for it.
And about De Rol Le I am not sure. Whether it simply was a failed experiment or Dark Falz managed to make it mutate without Pioneer 1 knowing, I do not know. But it does not seem to have a direct connection to the Dark Falz incident. ;x

Writing this took me way too long. >_>;;

Wayu
Dec 3, 2010, 10:44 AM
Episode 3 is related to PSO, and PSP is PSU, but PSO2 might some how end up related to PSO & PSU.

PSPo2i and PSO2 will be connected somehow.

-Wayu

Googlebonker
Dec 3, 2010, 12:28 PM
Ino`lis has a big crush on Kranz. She joined the Hunters because of him, and tries to get him to notice her more. Kranz admits that she looks more like a woman than she used to but is VERY oblivious to the fact that she likes him like that. Ino`lis never musters the courage to straight out TELL HIM how she feels.

Members of the Arkz try to convince her to to join them, but Ino`lis more than once turns them down. The invitation is left open, the Arkz saying that she doesn`t have to join immediately. Later in the game in an attempt to get Kranz`s (who`s started hanging out more with Kylria) attention, she joins the Arkz and helps them to get into the C.A.R.D. Lab. (She`s not the only Hunter to have helped the Arkz, but more on that later.)

The Arkz`s goal was to destroy key parts of the C.A.R.D. Lab while minimizing hurting people. They didn`t want to kill anyone. The Arkz set up an explosive and an explosion barrier. Kranz ran into the area where that explosion was about to occur to set up another barrier. Whether he knew or not that the Arkz had already set up a barrier is not ever stated, but it is stated that if the Arkz barrier had failed, there would have been more extensive damage.

After the explosion, Ino`lis went to her room and mourned over Kranz. She was never charged with any crime in the game. After that Kranz clone appears, she isn`t sure whether to accept it as a clone or the actual Kranz, stating in her final cutscene that the one she loved died because of her actions and that he was blown to bits. She also states that she went down there because she thought it was a dangerous place and that she didn`t want that cloned Kranz to go down there for the same reason. In her final cutscene, she throws her Section ID and seems to be willing to die in an effort to protect him if she has to.

Googlebonker
Dec 3, 2010, 01:11 PM
Viviana is a moody teenager (presumed to be around 15, as Memoru from the Arkz states that Memoru is 15). She can be quite spritely when she`s happy, but can also have a horrible mean streak when she`s mad. This anger often gets taken out on Teifu, a minor story character who is Viviana`s servant.

Teifu was not built as a battle humanoid, and does not like battle. Only once does he show a longing to battle, and that`s to save Viviana. Teifu willingly receives beatdowns from Viviana if it will let her vent out her anger and make her feel better. He even talks about being hung by Viviana. After one such hanging, Teifu takes himself down, but Viviana sees him. He blames himself that Viviana runs away afterwards, thinking that she might have been or was disappointed that he got out of it so easily. After Viviana ran, she got into trouble. Teifu wanted to be dispatched to help her.

Teifu is also kicked by Creinu and burnt by Peko in one cutscene.

Viviana is also linked to another minor Hunters character, Saligun. Saligun used to be the Viviana and Memoru`s teacher at a Hunters school or academy or something. Viviana and Memoru called her "Master Saligun." Saligun was built as a nurse, but later learned about combat and even techniques, although she can`t use them (not without the right cards, that is).

Viviana and Memoru used to be friends. A misunderstanding by Memoru lead to them disliking each other. Memoru thought (for some reason) that Viviana messed up her locket/charm/whatever it was. Memoru and Viviana act like they don`t like each other, but later in the game show that they want to make up.

Saligun later talks to both of them, stating that she`s about to die and reminding them that she`s the one that broke that piece of jewelry. The two pieces that Viviana and Memoru have fit together. Viviana and Memoru were friends again. Saligun was not actually about to die for any reason she knew of, but stated that everyone will eventually die. She said that she wouldn`t be able to use that one on them anymore.

Googlebonker
Dec 3, 2010, 01:42 PM
Guykild is an odd character. o_o He seems to be a battle humanoid who likes to battle. He speaks in machinic noises. One of the only ways you`ll ever understand what he`s saying is if he`s a computer ally or maybe opponent during a battle; during the character introductions when he`s an ally COM, he will make noises which are translated into English.

There`s also a little robot that always appears somewhere in the Morgue when Guykild is present. This robot provides what little story is given for Guykild. After Guykild is first available to assign as a character for a deck, the robot is scared of Guykild. It doesn`t like the way Guykild`s eyes seem like they`re glaring. Guykild later seems to give orders to the robot. The robot grows tired of it, and tells Guykild that they are equals, I guess in that they can both make decisions for themselves. The robot says that Guykild`s eyes looked sad after this. By the end of the game, Guykild and the robot are friends.

Glustar is a gambling man. His story is intertwined with Stella`s. Stella usually knows everything that`s going on with Glustar and is told by Glustar to keep it to herself. Stella is a defective combat humanoid who was mistreated but later saved by Glustar. Since Glustar did nice things for her, she wanted to do nice things for Glustar. Stella often ends her lines with some form of "nyah."

Glustar was inspired by a man he knew who later had passed away to make a school for Newmen and humanoids, the two minority races of Pioneer 2. Unfortunately, Glustar`s gambling habits had stalled that goal. Glustar likes to get money for his goal, and even sold information to the Arkz. He wasn`t prosecuted for anything (What`s with the legal system in this game?) . By the end of the game, Glustar has enough money to build that school. He asked Stella if she would live with him on the surface of Ragol. She agreed, and felt she`d finally done something that made Glustar happy, which made her happy.

Googlebonker
Dec 3, 2010, 02:59 PM
Orland knew Break when they were younger. They both trained under Nef Miyama in the Miyama style. Orland gets a thrill from battling and seems to feel that`s the reason he was born. He is often seen around Relmitos, usually seeming to be a guard.

Relmitos is actually Nef Miyama. This is not known by anyone except Relmitos and maybe Orland at the beginning of the game. He looks so young because he took a lot of the medicine they give to Newmen that makes them look younger than they are. Relmitos wants to bring an end to the Great Darkness, Amplam Umbra. He doesn`t necessarily agree with Break on how to do it, though. Break later learns that Relmitos is actually his Miyama style master.

He speaks as an elder, which can come off as him being an obnoxious child. Relmitos said that even though he looked young, he wasn`t far from passing away. He wanted to rid the world of Amplam Umbra and later join his friends, Zoke, Donoph, and (I think) Flowen.

RubyEclipse
Dec 3, 2010, 03:14 PM
Great writeups googlebonker!

As to your last post, yes - I believe Relmitos/Nef and Flowen knew each other. My memory of the cutscene is a little fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure that Endu, who inherited Flowen's knowledge, either fights with or easily recognizes the Miyama style. The cutscene where Endu/Relmitos realize this takes place in the Tower of Caelum.

Googlebonker
Dec 3, 2010, 03:37 PM
Thank you, RubyEclipse! Ah, yes, I left out the part about Relmitos and Endu! Outside-of-battle chatting reveals that Relmitos recognizes Endu`s style of fighting as being like Flowen`s, but at first he doesn`t understand how that could happen. More on Endu in a bit.

Break has already been discussed a little, but there`s more to his story. Break wanted to go back to the place he, Sil`fer, and Sophia fought Amplam Umbra in order to destroy it. He`d seemingly forgotten where it was. After meeting with Sil`fer again, he realized that she didn`t remember where it was, either. The actal location of Amplam Umbra changes. It moves to where flows of photon intersect.

The reason Beak and other members of Arkz attacked the C.A.R.D. Lab was not only to slow the Hunters down and perhaps destroy their technology. He also went there to search for part of Sophia`s memory core. The other part of it was stored inside Lura. Even though Break and the Arkz leader, "Red," are supposedly STRONGLY against cloning, in Break`s final cutscene somehow, Sophia has supposedly been cloned.

She is able to tell Break about Amplam Umbra being where the photon flows intersect. He tells her that he would be happy with a clone of her, but she says that he wouldn`t. She also reveals that she requested that he not clone her. She said that she felt sorry for him because he`d have to see the one he loved die twice.

Lura is Break`s partner. She really seems to have a big crush on Break. She`s really sweet, and wants to help Break acheive his goals. She also wants to get a... a... I`m not sure what it`s called. Heart something so that she can experience a wider diversity of and perhaps stronger emotions. Thinking about things to hard or getting too emotional tends to make her begin to malfunction a bit.

Later in the game after Sophia`s memory core has been restored, Lura can communicate with it. (Don`t ask me how. Maybe they copied it, put one in that Sophia clone, and put the other back into Lura.) It encourages her that she will get her Heart thingy. In her final cutscene, the memory core inside Lura begins to remember what happened in the area where the photon flows met. Lura begins to see a vision of what happened. She began to cry. Lura feels as if she`s gotten her heart thing, and wants to fight for Break.

Rufina is a woman who was saved by Break and Endu. She wears a patch over her left eye to hide the results of experimentation on her body. In the game she is unsure whether she is an original person or a clone of someone else. She likes Break, but is unsure of what to do. Through the story, she examines her feelings and emotions and how she is perceived by others.

Hyze is better known by his stage name, "Beck Hyze." He`s a humanoid who likes to rock! His voice was made to be perfect. He chose to sing in his "natural voice" during the game, which was affected by his recent transition from a vocalist humanoid to a battle humanoid. He wound up making a little girl smile, but it was because she was laughing at him. Supposedly, his natural voice is really bad. For some reason, though, he chooses to continue singing with his natural voice.

Creinu is a woman who likes to make herself look good. You can even go on a quest and retrieve a jewel for her, which supposedly hold some kind of power. Later, you find out there is no power, but she tries to justify the quest by saying that she`s helping to increase the Arkz`s financial assets.

While she is a minor character, she holds some of the most valuable information in the game. She tells the story behind the Arkz. Red`s two daughters were cloned many times over. Most of these clones were mutated into other forms, experimented on, and perhaps even cloned themselves. They were cloned using technology develpoed using the Germ. It is never stated whether any of these clones were infected with DF virus, but I would assume so. Castor and Pollux are at the end of the Arkz and Hunters storylines, respectively, in the area where the photon flows intersect. After seeing some clones of themselves, both of Red`s daughters committed suicide. Red wants to rid the world of the Germ.

Peko is a foodie. He`s a gourmet who likes to eat. He falls into a trap during the Arkz story line because of food. He started using C.A.R.D. technology to clone food, but because C.A.R.D. technology only produces temporary copies, he tastes the food for a split second, then it disappears.

Peko is one of three characters (Creinu, Memoru, and Peko) who try to get Ino`lis to join the Arkz. Oddly, Peko and Creinu had information on a past whereabout of Blitz.

Rio starts out looking down on you. She helps you by giving a few lessons on cards during the Arkz story line (like Saligun in the Hunters story line). By the end of the game, you`ve earned her respect, but it`s clear she remains loyal to herself. I`m not sure any of her motives for joining the Arkz are ever revealed.

K.C. is a ranger who is considered a powerful adversary by others. He`s chosen the path of someone who lives in the shadows or something. He constantly wears a ninja-like mask, covering his nose and lower parts of his face. K.C. likes Rufina, but is aware that Rufina likes Break. He decides to leave her be. Rufina chooses to continue after Break, even though he hadn`t seemed to be paying her much attention as a prospective girlfriend.

Kent
Dec 3, 2010, 10:42 PM
PSPo2i and PSO2 will be connected somehow.
So are you just going to randomly throw this out there (again), or are you going to explain why you're saying this?

Especially with the whole thing about how no real information has been released about PSO2.

•Col•
Dec 3, 2010, 11:04 PM
So are you just going to randomly throw this out there (again), or are you going to explain why you're saying this?

Especially with the whole thing about how no real information has been released about PSO2.

Well, PSP2 Infinity is connected to PSO, which is connected to PSO2.... So technically PSP2 is connected to PSO2.

Wayu
Dec 4, 2010, 02:50 AM
Colaya, close but no cigar. Portable 2: Infinity connects the PSP/PSU universe to 'the PSO universe', which may or may not be PSO2. Check the PSPo2i blog for the quote somewhere, it's been a while since Mike posted it on the PSPo2i discussion topic.

-Wayu

•Col•
Dec 4, 2010, 02:58 AM
Colaya, close but no cigar. Portable 2: Infinity connects the PSP/PSU universe to 'the PSO universe', which may or may not be PSO2. Check the PSPo2i blog for the quote somewhere, it's been a while since Mike posted it on the PSPo2i discussion topic.

-Wayu

Wh-.........What? o_O

What YOU said: "PSPo2i and PSO2 will be connected somehow."

What I said: "PSP2 is connected to PSO2"

I meant to say Infinity, but... still.... I don't see how what I said greatly differs from what you said... ._.

Wayu
Dec 4, 2010, 03:00 AM
Well, PSP2 Infinity is connected to PSO, which is connected to PSO2.... So technically PSP2 is connected to PSO2.

-_-;

Close, like I said. Nothing else, nothing more, just a qualifier for a tiiiiiiny misunderstanding.

-Wayu

zandra117
Dec 4, 2010, 03:53 AM
I wonder if the new lifeform that CALUS will awaken as after Seat of the Heart will be a Duman assuming that PSO2 will pick back up that plotline. It seems to be heading that way from what I've seen of PSP2i and if it turns out that the PSU and PSP series takes place within a vr system in the PSO universe.

I need to go back and get the true endings to Soul of Steel and Seat of the Heart because they bring up the most solid plot points. I noticed that the quest guides here dont really speak of Soul of Steel's alternate ending where the Elanor mag makes an appearance.

Googlebonker
Dec 4, 2010, 07:07 PM
Reiz and Ohgun`s stories are also intertwined. Reiz met Ohgun during OPSS, a government-approved operation that ended in hundreds of then-androids being destroyed by an explosion in outer space and by other forces in the name of making room for other people. Reiz was programmed to destroy then-androids. While she was carrying out part of her mission, she heard Ohgun crying near some fallen comrades. Somehow, she went against her programming, and ended her mission. She carried Ohgun away, and had someone delete both her and Ohgun`s memories of those events.

During Ep3, her memories begin to return to her. She goes through a bout of withdrawal from Ohgun. At the end, Ohgun and Reiz remained friends. Lura seems to have knowledge that Reiz was involved in OPSS but not hold it against her.

After OPSS, before-androids were given certain rights and were deemed "humanoids."

Endu is a man who is driven to defeat Amplam Umbra. While a few details are discussed in Story Mode, most of his story divulged in his final cutscene. This cutscene also includes some pivotal information the entire PSO story.

During the game, it is discussed that sometime after the large explosion in the opening of Ep1, there was a smaller explosion that didn`t damage much and destroyed some people`s mags. This explosion occurred AFTER Ep1, possibly after Ep2. This smaller explosion was revealed to actually be a set of two explosions - one from the Dark Falz that manifested using Red Ring Rico`s body, and a counter-force explosion from Flowen (possibly while his body was a part of Olga Flow).

It is revealed that Hunters fighting and defeating Dark Falz over and over was causing a reaction that made Dark Falz stronger and stronger. Dark Falz could have built up enough power to cause another explosion that could have destroyed Ragol and Pioneer 2. It was already too late to stop an explosion from occurring. Rico and Flowen both became aware of the danger around the same time. Parts of Rico`s and Flowen`s minds synchronized.

From http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2096 (I encourage all people reading this interested in the story of PSO to read this cutscene`s script!), Flowen speaking: "This mental resonation amplified our wave forms which infused more power into Dark Falz`s body and my own. Our two bodies swelled with energy, beyond what either of us could contain, so our mental energy burst forth, causing a massive explosion from within, and the resulting energy of each side cancelled each other out."

This explosion was SUPPOSED TO erase everything with DF cells - Ragol`s creature population was down from what it was in Ep1s and 2. It actually gave birth to both Endu AND Amplam Umbra. The Germ from Amplam Umbra was supposed to help give rise to another Dark Falz.

The differences between the Hunters and Arkz story lines include who is victorious in certain situations. I think the stories do differ in what happens considering the bombing of one facility. In the Arkz story line, it is bombed successfully in order to manipulate where the photon flows intersect. In the Hunters storyline, the bombing attempt is thwarted at least once, but might be carried out in a second attempt to the extent intended.

Perhaps one big story point will be whom SEGA determines was the one/were the ones that defeated Amplam Umbra.

(Read this part, as it contains more story-related information.) Disclaimer: I did NOT play through ALL of the Story Mode Missions/Quests. I played through Story Mode with the Arkz first and defeated Pollux with Lura. I played through it with the Hunters next and defeated Castor and Amplam Umbra with Ino`lis. I think the Quests/Missions you accept during a playthrough affect who all you`re able to select for the final one or two battles - Sil`fer, Kranz, and/or Ino`lis and all nine other Hunters Story Characters for Hunters Story Mode; Break, Lura, and/or Endu and all nine other Arkz Story Characters for Arkz Story Mode. I got information on some of this game`s cutscenes from pages on PSO-World.

After defeating Amplam Umbra with Ino`lis, I saw my character`s Section ID and cutscene art taken from multiple cutscenes in Hunters Story Mode while the credits were rolling. The next-to-last picture showed what appeared to be Pioneer 2 entering Ragol`s atmosphere. The final picture showed Pioneer 2 floating above land in Ragol`s sky.

Oh, yes, your avatar in Story Mode in this game takes the position of a Commander. You dispatch people and tell them actions to take in C.A.R.D. battles.

If anyone has any information about Episode 3 I haven`t covered, PLEASE feel free to share it!

Googlebonker
Dec 6, 2010, 02:37 PM
Freeze and Broken_L_Button said that Mags are made with DF cells inside them. Can anyone verify this? Is it that they contain the Germ in them or that they have a cell of D-photons inside them (D-photon Cell)?

If they have DF cells inside them, could part of the problems in PSO2 have occured from a busted up Mag?

Also, what is the MOTHER project?

RubyEclipse
Dec 6, 2010, 05:08 PM
Freeze and Broken_L_Button said that Mags are made with DF cells inside them. Can anyone verify this? Is it that they contain the Germ in them or that they have a cell of D-photons inside them (D-photon Cell)?

If they have DF cells inside them, could part of the problems in PSO2 have occured from a busted up Mag?

Also, what is the MOTHER project?

They're D-cells, I believe - Montague actually had a hand in this.

As to the MOTHER project, I think that may have been covered in an earlier post. It's lengthy, but we can go into details if you want more.

Googlebonker
Dec 6, 2010, 06:47 PM
I want more! : D Divulge, please!

Googlebonker
Dec 9, 2010, 11:30 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/dreamcast/472540-phantasy-star-online-ver-2/faqs/19453

VERY interesting! This faq has a walkthrough and ->SCRIPT<- for the PSO quest "Soul of Steel."

MOTHER is mentioned somewhere within... also Calus, Vol Opt, Olga, Mags, WORKS, military, Sue, Dr. Osto, and Leo Grahart.

This script seems like it might be VERY important to the PSO story.

MAXrobo
Dec 9, 2010, 06:02 PM
@googlebonker thanks for the post! i remember playing that quest a couple times but i never got the mag to evolve to the thrid stage, so the special ending was all new to me.

Dragwind
Dec 9, 2010, 09:11 PM
That was a superb character summary Googlebonker, very well done! This thread is an overall very interesting read.

Googlebonker
Dec 10, 2010, 10:50 PM
Thank you, Dragwind!

I started to think that maybe the DF Cells and the Germ are two different things. The Germ was used for cloning technology, and I think Break wanted to get rid of all the C.A.R.D.s after the Great Darkness was destroyed. No one in PSO ever seemed to talk about destroying anything with DF Cells (Mags, Enemy Part Weapons, possibly).

Are things made with DF Cells genetically engineered to not be dangerous at all (to not infect, to not reproduce on their own)? What about Ult in "Soul of Steel?" Were any of the events in that affected by the DF Cells in her baby Mag?

UGH!!! SEGA has SO much to explain to clear up everything.

zandra117
Dec 15, 2010, 03:27 AM
To get the special ending of Soul of Steel you need to get the mag to move 3 times then at the end Elanor should activate the Mother System you should answer 3 times No for the choices given to you. You will wake up in the medical center with a letter from Montague. After the quest ends select to start the quest again and it will actually load up an alternate quest for Soul of Steel in the forest area that picks up and continues after you get the letter from Montague.

Googlebonker
Jan 21, 2011, 11:53 PM
O_O Hm! I was playing PSO. and I chose the quest "The Graves Butler." I was about to post some script from it, but I searched online and found script for that quest on PSCave.com.

http://www.pscave.com/pso/script/thegravesbutler.shtml

In this quest, Blant (the Graves` Butler) reported that Matha`s father told him "We won`t be bringing Matha with us. Don`t let her go on Pioneer 2."

Doesn`t this indicate that some people knew something before Pioneer 1 ever took off?

Also, PSCave.com possibly has extensive script for Ep3. It says that they have most of it, but I didn`t take the time to read through it all.

Hm... Do they have script for Blue Burst?

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks for all the posts :O
I had never played Ep III so that helped a lot.

Although, I'm wondering why nobody has tried to connect what happened with Flowen and his infection to the SEED virus in PSU. They seem extremely similar.

I'd lol if Flowen came back as a duman.

EDIT: Also, Rykros is a SEED HIVE in PSU, and is also Ragol from what I've heard.
If I'm not mistaken, don't you fight Falz on Rykros?
If that's the case, it supports the SEED/Falz connection. Also it could show some connection between PSO and PSU.
Plus in PSP2, it's stated that the VR systems resembling Ragol were found on Rykros.

EDIT2: Dark Phallus obviously releases "his SEED" to "infect" people.

keizeh
Jan 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/dreamcast/472540-phantasy-star-online-ver-2/faqs/19453

VERY interesting! This faq has a walkthrough and ->SCRIPT<- for the PSO quest "Soul of Steel."

MOTHER is mentioned somewhere within... also Calus, Vol Opt, Olga, Mags, WORKS, military, Sue, Dr. Osto, and Leo Grahart.

This script seems like it might be VERY important to the PSO story.

That was really interesting...
It talked about a program called "MOTHER" which could control all the computors and AI...
The same ability MOTHER trinity from PS0 had, which used that ability to wipe out almost all the humans on coral which lead to the Pioneer projects. Maybe he was trying to replicate that program. It would explain why it was susceptible to the dark photons because the mother trinity from PS0 was also corrupted by dark falz.

Googlebonker
Jan 26, 2011, 03:23 AM
Okay, one, is PS0 even set in the same story as PSO?

(finished Episode 2 main story)

ARE THEY IDIOTS?!?!?! They were trying to make biotechnological soldiers that they could control?! What, did they think that Heathcliff Flowen was going to be able to have control of his D-factor-engulfed body? Did they think that if he couldn`t, they could control the body using the OLGA AI? Were they even taking it out further by thinking they could possibly regain control of the OLGA AI by using MOTHER? Is that why WORKS was trying to get Ult down to the RUINS?

What were they even going to do with those biotech soldiers if they could control them? Take them back to their home world for power? Even in Ep3, they were STILL trying to develop weapons technology (cloning with C.A.R.D.s). It all seems sick. They`re willing to risk thousands of people`s lives for power?

Interesting that the story is open-ended. Dr. Montague still had Elenor, Ult, and MOTHER, although none of them were even mentioned in Ep3 (right?). The CALUS AI was backed up and used by Elly Person, but what about the original? Pioneer 2 landed, but NOTHING else was revealed about the story of Ragol until that PSO2 clip unless the Book of Hunters was released after Ep3.

Dongra
Jan 26, 2011, 06:27 AM
The CALUS AI was backed up and used by Elly Person, but what about the original?
Didn't the original fry itself after she finished backing it up?

Kirukia
Jan 26, 2011, 04:19 PM
Okay, one, is PS0 even set in the same story as PSO?

Yes and No.
PS0 was set on Coral, the planet where the Pioneers came from. Mother Trinity was created to fix their environment, but malfunctioned upon being possessed by a Dark Falz. After that she used twisted logic to determine the best way to heal the environment was to get rid of the people abusing it (a.k.a. killing everyone).

The Mother project happened alongside the Pioneer project. Both were a solution to the same problem.

Googlebonker
Jan 27, 2011, 04:04 AM
http://www.pscave.com/pso/script/seatoftheheart.shtml

And then I did another quest... lol

CALUS was in that quest.

There are still some things I`m not sure that I understand. What did Sue mean by saying that The MOTHER Project was to find a new mother for the Human race? What did she mean by a next life form? A sentient AI? Wouldn`t that have been a CAST?

Did she mean a new producer (mother) of another race (Dumans)?

It said that CALUS, VOL OPT, and OLGA were made by MOTHER, right? CALUS returned to MOTHER and decided to evolve? The swirling vortex of life? I thought Elenor had MOTHER after Soul of Steel. Are there two MOTHER systems?

Someone help me out with this stuff, please! lol

Kirukia
Jan 27, 2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.pscave.com/pso/script/seatoftheheart.shtml

And then I did another quest... lol

CALUS was in that quest.

There are still some things I`m not sure that I understand. What did Sue mean by saying that The MOTHER Project was to find a new mother for the Human race? What did she mean by a next life form? A sentient AI? Wouldn`t that have been a CAST?

Did she mean a new producer (mother) of another race (Dumans)?

It said that CALUS, VOL OPT, and OLGA were made by MOTHER, right? CALUS returned to MOTHER and decided to evolve? The swirling vortex of life? I thought Elenor had MOTHER after Soul of Steel. Are there two MOTHER systems?

Someone help me out with this stuff, please! lol

From what I've gathered, Mother Trinity occured alongside the Pioneer project as two solutions to the same problem. The environment was failing on Coral, and one reason was overpopulation. The Pioneer Projects were to relocate some of that population (blah blah PSO) and the Mother Project created Mother Trinity to help restore the environment (blah blah PSZ). I assume this is the same MOTHER program they refer to, since she was indeed a CAST. However she was left on Coral and eventually went haywire after being possessed by a Dark Falz, and tried to wipe out the races on Coral, succeeding in only eliminating newmans. There could very possibly be two MOTHER systems I suppose, or it could just be a link. It IS an AI, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of back-up or duplicate for it. Or it could just be two different programs. Since it doesn't seem to specify in PSO. Although Mother Trinity DID create mechanical devices, such as the Photon Eraser. I suppose she could create other AIs as well. I guess we can't really tell unless more light is shed on this. Perhaps a few quests will reveal more. Good luck :] Hope I could help. I'm mostly pulling what I know from playing PSO and PSZ.

Oh and just an edit:
Her original name was not Mother Trinity, but just Mother. The Trinity came from her Trinity of weapons used to wipe out the races.
1. Biological Weapons, effective against newmans.
2. 2nd Biological? Weapon that shut down CAST chips.
3. Photon Eraser (Basically a giant laser).

Also as another note, she re-created the newman race and made them serve her. It was more of they had no knowledge that they were being used because of how they were taught. It was not really forced.

EDIT2: The back of the game box says "After 200 years". I assume this means 200 years after Mother Trinity's betrayal, which I'm guessing happened shortly after the Pioneers left. If that gives you any sort of timeline to work with. I might replay that one shrine quest to get a better idea of when she malfunctioned.

Jinketsu
Jan 30, 2011, 06:20 PM
So PSO2 will be the definitive PS online game, from what it sounds like. PSPo was a sequel to Ambition of the Illuminus, which is an expansion to PSU. If what takes place in PSPo2i connects to PSO2, then that will bring light to a lot of things!

Dr. Montague
Jan 30, 2011, 07:57 PM
I just need clarification on a few things.

Does Coral still exist after the events of PSZero? Since Mother Trinity (One of the solutions, later creating even more problems on Coral) was defeated, would Coral no longer be in threat of imminent destruction? And in the case of if Coral was never destroyed, would the future generations of Pioneer II (Since to my knowledge again, PSZero takes place hundreds of years after the events of PSO, since Mother Trinity, who is over 200 years old, was created to solve the problem of Coral's environmental destruction) have any knowledge if their home planet still exists?

In that case, if Coral was never destroyed, PSO2 could possibly have more links in relation to the future of Planet Coral. Again, just my interpretation of things.

Kirukia
Jan 31, 2011, 02:07 AM
It didn't really say but I guess we can assume it's fine since nothing leads us to believe otherwise.

RubyEclipse said it was an important thing to note that they had never contacted their home planet, so I think it's more of the fact that they cannot contact them.

It makes me think the whole Ragol/Rykros speculation from PSU could be true.
Of course I'm just guessing, so don't take any of this for fact lol.
Also high-five on your username. Montague was my favorite NPC :p

Googlebonker
Jan 31, 2011, 02:46 AM
I seem to remember something about "the Council" on the homeworld in PSO. Am I wrong?

It does seem odd that a probe was able to find Ragol, but a communications link needed to be made between Pioneer 2 and Central Dome. Wouldn`t they have been communicating with each other BEFORE they got that close to Ragol? If a probe could send pictures back to the home planet, the people of Pioneer 1 could have easily set up a camera and held up posters with words written on them. Would the probe have needed to return to the home planet before they found out about Ragol? Hmm...

hewitt
Jan 31, 2011, 05:16 PM
Jesus Christ, I just spent two hours reading this thread and it was so interesting!

Also,

Rufina is a woman who was saved by Break and Endu. She wears a patch over her left eye to hide the results of experimentation on her body.

Has this been mentioned? Because that sounds exactly like a duman.

Kirukia
Jan 31, 2011, 07:41 PM
Okay going to contradict what I said earlier.
I looked in the glossary for PSP2, and Rykros is NOT Ragol.
Rykros was a space fortress created by the Ancients to repel the seed, but was claimed by Dark Falz and became a Hive.

So unless the Ancients were the original people who built the spaceship and sealed Falz in it in the first place (which seems highly unlikely), then they are not the same.

Kimil Adrayne
Jan 31, 2011, 09:52 PM
Jesus Christ, I just spent two hours reading this thread and it was so interesting!

Also,

Has this been mentioned? Because that sounds exactly like a duman.

Oh my, good catch there.

Googlebonker
Feb 1, 2011, 03:20 AM
That is interesting, Hewitt, but then would Pollux and Castor have been Dumans?

Actually... hm... Dumans are people who have retained their humanity after being infected with SEED, right? (Someone, please tell me the story behind Dumans. I think I haven`t heard the full explaination yet.) What if Pollux and Castor would have been highly mutated and technologically enhanced Dumans, but were completely overtaken by the Spore?

Interesting!

hewitt
Feb 1, 2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah I'm not sure of the full story of dumans either, I just saw the eyepatch and experimenting part and was all '!'.