PDA

View Full Version : Do you want beasts in PSO2?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

RemiusTA
Apr 29, 2011, 12:24 AM
I know that Newmans arent the focus of the thread, but I was just using them as an example to say that Beasts are more unique than them.

I say we remove Newmans. The only thing that makes them unique are their different ears. They're just a 3rd race with a different set of stats. They're simply superfluous.

Seriously, explain to me how Newmans are more unique than Beasts?

they were unique when Techniques were a bigger part of the battle system. Maybe not as much as they should have been, due to balance though.

-Automatic TP recovery
-Very high magic limits
-Powerful techniques
-Megid/Grants

And, according to Hunewearl

-good with speed weapons

Beasts are very powerful with low accuracy. The only reason they aren't as bland as newmans to you is because they can Nanoblast.

Now on topic, i dont really care if Beasts are included, but if they do, i want their nanoblast ability to be built upon more (and redesigned please god) and for them to have some animation changes to make them feel different. (easier to control "heavy-duty" weapons) As well as some drawbacks (shitty accuracy, shitty techniques.)

But the way PSU worked...since they were just humans/newmans/casts with super high ATP, they really didn't feel like anything more than human with better stats to me. I hope they make them feel AND play uniquely.

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 12:26 AM
I'm not for or against having Beasts, but weren't Beasts the 4th "race with different stats" as well..?

As they should have been?

-Wayu

Skye-Fox713
Apr 29, 2011, 12:29 AM
They didn't show anything relating to beast in the concept art,but you never know what might happen,but like I said they need a serious make over,slap some muscles on them and put them in PSO outfits lmao.There's your beast and all it's muscle glory.I will lol so hard if they do this.

And I'd still play a beast.

admittedly this is from the PSP art book

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/PhantasyStarPortable2Material-025.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/PhantasyStarPortable2Material-026.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Niloklives
that's kind of the problem. there was no diversity in PSU to begin with and they just made things more complicated without making anything better.

Recron
I really think beasts should be in PSO 2 I really enjoyed playing beats in PSU and even more So in PSP2 with the new nanoblasts and whatnot there really isnt any good reason why they shouldn't be really the only arguments against them are speculation that they may cause balancing problems and may not make too much sense being there, keyword being may not will.

Now if beasts are included I hope that they keep their ability to nanoblast or have a similar transformation ability.

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 12:32 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/PhantasyStarPortable2Material-025.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/PhantasyStarPortable2Material-026.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I liked that first kids outfit...though more the shape of it than the actual theme... : O

That's all I wanted to say.

RemiusTA
Apr 29, 2011, 12:33 AM
I just think beasts (as well as every "race" in the game) were approached incorrectly. The reason Casts and Beasts ran rampant in PSU is because every class was essentially identical, except for SUV weapons and Nanoblasts. Casts and Beasts excelled in all the stats that really mattered in PSU. But since they play identically to Humans and Newmans, they just kind of pushed them to the side.

It's the same reason Hybrid classes failed. They give them a mixture of abilities, but you still play the same as before. The only time they ever altered the CHARACTER to fit the CLASS was when they gave Acrotecher/fighter speed enhancements.

Even if they didn't add more "effective" animations for weapons when Hybrid characters used them, they could have altered all sorts of things to make up for the loss of power in all areas. But they didn't.

Heres to hoping the reason Forces and Casts wern't featured in the trailer is becuase they are giving them some gameplay changes.

•Col•
Apr 29, 2011, 12:33 AM
-Automatic TP recovery
-Very high magic limits
-Powerful techniques
-Megid/Grants

Auto TP recovery and very high magic limits are arbitrary. Newmans could have great physical prowess and Beasts could've used powerful magic...

And what? FOmar/FOmarl could cast Megid/Grants.... So that's not a Newman exclusive...

Beasts are just as unique as Newmans. :/

•Col•
Apr 29, 2011, 12:36 AM
I just think beasts (as well as every "race" in the game) were approached incorrectly. The reason Casts and Beasts ran rampant in PSU is because every class was essentially identical, except for SUV weapons and Nanoblasts. Casts and Beasts excelled in all the stats that really mattered in PSU. But since they play identically to Humans and Newmans, they just kind of pushed them to the side.

It's the same reason Hybrid classes failed. They give them a mixture of abilities, but you still play the same as before. The only time they ever altered the CHARACTER to fit the CLASS was when they gave Acrotecher/fighter speed enhancements.

Even if they didn't add more "effective" animations for weapons when Hybrid characters used them, they could have altered all sorts of things to make up for the loss of power in all areas. But they didn't.

Heres to hoping the reason Forces and Casts wern't featured in the trailer is becuase they are giving them some gameplay changes.

They definitely fixed this in PSP2... But yeah, once again, I think it depends on the number of class types in PSO2. If they include Vanguard, then I think Beasts would help to balance the races stat-wise.

Niloklives
Apr 29, 2011, 12:37 AM

they show what looks like a raceasl in the beginning before they get to gameplay. I'm 100% positive casts are there.

I agree though. they need to make each race genuinely unique but equally useful to really make this work

Wayu
Apr 29, 2011, 12:38 AM
CASTs are there.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 29, 2011, 12:41 AM
CASTs are there.

-Wayu

I said that. Just Remius seemed concerned

Corey Blue
Apr 29, 2011, 12:43 AM
that's kind of the problem. there was no diversity in PSU to begin with and they just made things more complicated without making anything better.

It was just a cluster fuck of random clothes and fan service,hopefully PSO2 wont give in to that.I don't know about you guys but if beast do make it in,they HAVE to fit the atmosphere that's a huge deal to me.This game is suppose to be a successor to PSO not PSU,if they cant make them look right or fit,PLEASE don't put them in there.

yoshiblue
Apr 29, 2011, 12:45 AM
I have a compromise!

Beasts will now look like sonic characters!

RemiusTA
Apr 29, 2011, 12:50 AM

[spoiler-box]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/PhantasyStarPortable2Material-025.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/PhantasyStarPortable2Material-026.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Those outfits are all in PSP2, but look significantly less awesome.

The two top-most beasts in the right corner are awesome as shit. I'd have loved to play one of those. Looks absolutely badass. Unfortunally, PSU wasn't very friendly when it came to proportions of huge characters.

If they do beasts, they need to animate them properly for their mass. Since this game is looking to be class-based, i think Beasts and Little Beasts could be different classes rightfully. This would allow them to actually make beasts look like BEAST-HYBRIDS and not just altered humans. (Thats the newman role.) This would also allow them to do Female beasts (who seem to be proportionally MUCH smaller, more human like) and make them also unique.

I wish i could have a character that looked AND played like that top-right beast in that concept art, wielding giant axes/swords with one hand due to my massive strength and tearing through hordes of enemies. Right before nanoblasting, becoming even more feral, and doing even more damage. Or female beasts, who could be even more nimble on their feet than the Hunewearl.

(this is why i prefer class systems. At least, for PSO anyway. You can micro-manage aspects of the classes so much better.)

Although, the way beasts play, it'd make for way too many hunter classes. Unless Racast or Hucaseal was removed...which im also very eager to see in this game. (Wow i just noticed they didnt show Hucaseal either.)

I dunno, just some ideas i guess.

And i definately saw the Casts in the trailer. They're just missing Hucast, Hucaseal, Fonewearl and Fonewm. Only reason i would think they are missing them ATM is becuase they're still working on them. (Casts for abilities, and the newman classes becuase...well, it'd be retarded to show Fonewm/earl without technics, as they're the main teching class.)

It's pretty funny that they showed the Ramarl design, but instead of showing her, gave the Fomarl the gun. I guess they were going with the most iconic classes.

They'd make a pretty interesting Ranger class though. Lowest Ranger accuracy, shitty techniques, but the ability to use a few good ranger weapons, as well as decent power. Oh, and nanoblast.

Auto TP recovery and very high magic limits are arbitrary. Newmans could have great physical prowess and Beasts could've used powerful magic...

And what? FOmar/FOmarl could cast Megid/Grants.... So that's not a Newman exclusive...

Beasts are just as unique as Newmans. :/

Yeah, i know...there really isn't a difference between the two. Thats my point.

I dont care if they implement them because hopefully, since the game is going back to what LOOKS like seperate classes, the individual classes will have enough differences to hold them over. If they DO add them, however, i dont want a "2nd newman" that just has higher strength and a nanoblast. That's doing the same thing PSU did.

yoshiblue
Apr 29, 2011, 12:54 AM
Guess instead of mats, you could use a DNA modifier to boost your stats. Although it sounds wrong to me.

RemiusTA
Apr 29, 2011, 01:11 AM
Guess instead of mats, you could use a DNA modifier to boost your stats. Although it sounds wrong to me.

....what?

maybe there's a biological element to techs? something like midibullshit or whatever (lol starwars). let me know when you can legitimate out arm wrestle a professionally built robot that uses a simple counter weight mechanism. a small industrial motor would dislocate your shoulder. in the realm of scifi, there are near indestructible metals, rare elements with absurd energy production properties and unfathomable techniques for building tiny servos with enough torque to lift over a metric ton. any alien that can out perform that won't be playable, it will be the final boss

True. It all depends on the technology of the universe though. Casts TECHNICALLY should be superior in almost all aspects in the PSU universe. Although whatever advantage they had in PSU for having an alloy for "skin" was removed when they started using lightsaber weapons that melt it like wax.

The casts in PSO need to be powered by some kind of source. Im pretty sure they never found a perpetual generator to mass-produce in any of the storylines. If they're bio-mechanical (which im sure the PSU ones were), then they'd need the power to do things like you're saying they are. Besides, im guessing whatever technological advancements they were equipped with were balanced out by the ability humans/newmans have to channel photons. ( although, apparently, casts had this ability too.)

Yeah. Can't make sense out of it. PSU casts technically were physically superior to the other classes in the game. They could use technics, they could use lineshields, and they were made of alloys, sometimes bulky and heavy as shit, and were most LIKELY powered by some type of powerful photon generator. I guess the PSU weapons just got to a point where they were so powerful that it really didn't matter anymore.

But yeah, in PSO at least, Techniques had some kind of spiritual aspect to them. It's pretty funny how Casts couldn't use techniques, but could somehow be affected by their healing capabilities, despite lacking a biological makeup to allow such a process to occur.

paradox, much?

yoshiblue
Apr 29, 2011, 01:14 AM
The DNA thing was an idea I got from Bioshock. The whole finding abilitys to add to your DNA to make you better. Only instead of abilitys, it would be stats.

Edit:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RidiculouslyHumanRobots

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 01:23 AM
Please god FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF_*censored* the adfasfing no @ us looking like sonic characters...

I do NOT want to attract the super sonic fan furry crowd....................

9000 scene kid hair style'd hedgehogs n shit. e_e

yoshiblue
Apr 29, 2011, 01:27 AM
Hey hey I was only kidding!

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 01:30 AM
Sorry n_n

*REALLY hates deviantart sonic furries*

Niloklives
Apr 29, 2011, 01:30 AM
Please god FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF_*censored* the adfasfing no @ us looking like sonic characters...

I do NOT want to attract the super sonic fan furry crowd....................

9000 scene kid hair style'd hedgehogs n shit. e_e

no, tell us how you really feel.

yoshiblue
Apr 29, 2011, 01:32 AM
Sorry n_n

*REALLY hates deviantart sonic furries*

I feel your pain

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 01:36 AM
no, tell us how you really feel.

I feel like I like characters that are not created and badly drawn by 12 year olds in 30 year olds bodies. D:

At least learn some anatomy before trying to vent your sexual frustration on anthropomorphic scene kids, Then posting it on the internet. D:

Niloklives
Apr 29, 2011, 01:39 AM
I feel like I like characters that are not created and badly drawn by 12 year olds in 30 year olds bodies. D:

At least learn some anatomy before trying to vent your sexual frustration on anthropomorphic scene kids, Then posting it on the internet. D:

lol I think the most horrific thing on this scale was when someone took popular characters from RPGs like Lloyd from ToS and redrew them to be sonic characters. Its on deviant art somewhere...

...fitting

dias_flac_0g
Apr 29, 2011, 02:31 AM
I think alot of you who dont want beast in PSO2 just because you simply dont want ANYTHING psu related in PSO2.

To us hardcore PSO fans PSU was pretty bad and a big let down compared to PSO so I totaly understand that.

However, some of you keep throwing out the word "balance" out like nothing. As if PSo was the most balance game ever. I really dont see anything bad at all at having beasts as a fourth race. If anything that just gives us more races to choose from. Nothing wrong with that.

Onto the balance stuff again. PSO wasn't perfectly balance far from it actually ESPECIALLY the dreamcast one. Though I know it wasn't nearly as bad as PSU broken, but PSO wasn't perfect either in that regard.

PSO2 wont be perfectly balanced either. In the end of the day though, I must agree I want as little PSU stuff in PSo2 as possible lol. PSU was (is) a mess compared to PSO.

Flame
Apr 29, 2011, 02:40 AM
I think alot of you who dont want beast in PSO2 just because you simply dont want ANYTHING psu related in PSO2.

Bingo. But heck, can you blame us? I'm still trying to wash the bad taste of PSU out of my mouth.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 29, 2011, 02:48 AM
Bingo. But heck, can you blame us? I'm still trying to wash the bad taste of PSU out of my mouth.

Not at all. Like I said I totaly understand. That said I do like PSU, but it does have many problems that hold it down too much.

I think Pso2 can help you with that bad taste. It's looking awesome so far. Aside from everyone having cast "parts" it's looking great ^_^

Niloklives
Apr 29, 2011, 02:51 AM

To us hardcore PSO fans PSU was pretty bad and a big let down compared to PSO so I totaly understand that.

However, some of you keep throwing out the word "balance" out like nothing. As if PSo was the most balance game ever. I really dont see anything bad at all at having beasts as a fourth race. If anything that just gives us more races to choose from. Nothing wrong with that.

Onto the balance stuff again. PSO wasn't perfectly balance far from it actually ESPECIALLY the dreamcast one. Though I know it wasn't nearly as bad as PSU broken, but PSO wasn't perfect either in that regard.

PSO2 wont be perfectly balanced either. In the end of the day though, I must agree I want as little PSU stuff in PSo2 as possible lol. PSU was (is) a mess compared to PSO.

I played PSU til they shut down the US servers. I also have and play PSP2 and PSP2i I just think beasts had no place in the game outside of the story.

Palle
Apr 29, 2011, 02:58 AM
I'd agree with the sentiment that Beasts in PSO2 would be further evidence that the new game is indeed more like PSU2. I don't know what excuse might be employed to forcibly insert them into what's being billed as a PSO experience, but I'd consider their inclusion a disappointment, to say the least.

Knowing my luck, they'll be announced shortly.

yoshiblue
Apr 29, 2011, 03:15 AM

I never played PSU but i have played PSP and PSP2 and liked them. I said no because of a personal issue with them. I wont mind some PSU stuff in PSO2

Hrith
Apr 29, 2011, 01:12 PM
They were always a useless race, I do not see the point of having more than three races.

The more races you have, the less the differences between them is going to be noticeable.

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2011, 01:16 PM
They were always a useless race, I do not see the point of having more than three races.

The more races you have, the less the differences between them is going to be noticeable.

So, in PSU, Beasts were useless, but Humans weren't?

Corey Blue
Apr 29, 2011, 01:17 PM
So, in PSU, Beasts were useless, but Humans weren't?

See that's the problem and the reason we don't need beast.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 29, 2011, 01:19 PM
Why have two separate races competing for highest ATP in a game with 4 races? It was too crowded in PSU. With the combo system introduced in PSP2, I always felt like Beasts could have had the purpose of combo building instead (give them Speed!) I want them in the game, but they need a purpose this time around.

Give them the beast evasion, higher speed and something along the lines of taunting. They would then be good for keeping monsters off of other players and combo building. Let Casts do the best physical damage.

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2011, 01:19 PM
See that's the problem and the reason we don't need beast.

That doesn't make any sense, dude. Humans were incredibly useless in PSU. Beasts were not. Even taking Beasts out, Humans will still be useless.

Hrith
Apr 29, 2011, 01:25 PM
How were beasts not pointless?
They were never more than a weaker version of a cast, at any job.

Humans filled in many roles beasts and casts could not. Humans were the best at about any hybrid class, if not all of them.

The only classes in which beasts were worth playing, casts were (far) better.

I did not say beasts sucked, I said they were pointless.

Corey Blue
Apr 29, 2011, 01:25 PM
That doesn't make any sense, dude. Humans were incredibly useless in PSU. Beasts were not. Even taking Beasts out, Humans will still be useless.

It does make sense,stop trying to defend them because that's your favorite race.:-P There not needed end of story.If they do make it in congratulations.

Itoshi
Apr 29, 2011, 01:26 PM

Not really. In PSO some Human classes were pretty good, examples would be RAmar, RAmarl and FOmar. They just had they're own bonuses that made them different from everyone else. SEGA just needs to come up with another system (AKA Spell Bonuses from PSO or something, like 200% Shifta/Deband/Resta range or something of the sorts) for balance. In PSU that was taken out, which made each class extremely barebones and humans useless.

I think the point we're trying to get across is, humans, casts and newmans have been revealed in the game. So they will be in there, and Humans will have they're own positives as well as every other race. Why throw in one other race to balance when we could just have 3 balanced races?

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2011, 01:28 PM
It does make sense,stop trying to defend them because that's your favorite race.:-P There not needed end of story.If they do make it in congratulations.

Or you could not tell me what to do. That be also be good.

If Sega can balance things correctly, and not make CASTs gods of everything in PSO2 (which I'm sure they won't be), then there's no reason for Beasts to not be included (besides blind nostalgia fanboyism towards the original PSO).

That's end of story.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 29, 2011, 01:30 PM
How were beasts not pointless?
They were never more than a weaker version of a cast, at any job.

Humans filled in many roles beasts and casts could not. Humans were the best at about any hybrid class, if not all of them.

The only classes in which beasts were worth playing, casts were (far) better.

I did not say beasts sucked, I said they were pointless.

Well in PSP2 at least, Beasts were worth playing as Hunters, Vanguards and Forces. Casts had them beat as Hunters, but Beasts defiantly were better as Vangaurds (Evasion Gods) and Forces.

Pillan
Apr 29, 2011, 01:32 PM
Well in PSP2 at least, Beasts were worth playing as Hunters, Vanguards and Forces. Casts had them beat as Hunters, but Beasts defiantly were better as Vangaurds (Evasion Gods) and Forces.

Even in that, it still depends how much you value evasion. And I would argue Cast was a much better Force just because Beast had the worst PP regen and Cast had the best, while neither of them had enough TP to use damage techs effectively.

Corey Blue
Apr 29, 2011, 01:33 PM
Or you could not tell me what to do. That be also be good.

If Sega can balance things correctly, and not make CASTs gods of everything in PSO2 (which I'm sure they won't be), then there's no reason for Beasts to not be included (besides blind nostalgia fanboyism towards the original PSO).

That's end of story.

I don't care what you do,just letting you know there not needed,end of story.(I'm done debating over this,because I don't give a fuck.)

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 29, 2011, 01:38 PM
Even in that, it still depends how much you value evasion. And I would argue Cast was a much better Force just because Beast had the worst PP regen and Cast had the best, while neither of them had enough TP to use damage techs effectively.

Beasts Forces were in no way bad forces. Their low PP Regen could be supplemented with a quick twin dagger melee combo and their TP was close to Humans. Their better physical defense and ability to do some melee damage to Regen PP (compairing them to Newmans and Humans) made them good Forces.

Adriano
Apr 29, 2011, 01:42 PM
You are all incorrect, and everything any of you have said is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
That said, beasts were totally useless in PSU and I do not want them in PSO2.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 29, 2011, 01:44 PM
You are all incorrect, and everything any of you have said is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
That said, beasts were totally useless in PSU and I do not want them in PSO2.

*shrug*

You're entitled to your opinions, like I am to mine.

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2011, 01:48 PM
Well, just to lay most of this pointless "OMG BEASTS SHOULDN'T BE IN PSO2 BECAUSE THEY WERE BAD IN PSU AND WEREN'T IN THE FIRST PSO ANYWAY" whining to rest, let me quote the OP of this thread:

Please understand this is not do you think they should be in the game, it's do you WANT them in the game.

So, to people ranting about how CASTs were better than Beasts in PSU, or that you only need three races, or that it would throw off "balance", blah blah blah, yadda yadda, so on and so forth:

That's nice. Go ahead and get all super-technical about it. But the question was: do you want them to be included. Not should they be.

Anyway, I'm done bickering about it now. You can all rag on them all you want, but it won't change my view. Also, the votes for "Yes" are much higher than "No", so you're all in the minority, as it were.

Adriano
Apr 29, 2011, 01:50 PM
Regardless of beasts utility.
Casts were butt ugly.
I'd rather be useless than ugly as hell.

Edit: Humans too.

Corey Blue
Apr 29, 2011, 01:51 PM
He got beast fever baby.

Pillan
Apr 29, 2011, 01:51 PM
Beasts Forces were in no way bad forces. Their low PP Regen could be supplemented with a quick twin dagger melee combo and their TP was close to Humans. Their better physical defense and ability to do some melee damage to Regen PP (compairing them to Newmans and Humans) made them good Forces.

Oh, it is the same thing. Cast can do the same twin dagger combo at the same speed with more accuracy (giving them even more of a regeneration advantage once again). But, as I mentioned earlier, it depends on how highly you rate defensive stats.

That said, I am slightly against Beast as it makes human a little less than second best at everything no matter how they do the balance. However, I never really cared for the average statistic choice.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 29, 2011, 01:53 PM
Not really. In PSO some Human classes were pretty good, examples would be RAmar, RAmarl and FOmar. They just had they're own bonuses that made them different from everyone else. SEGA just needs to come up with another system (AKA Spell Bonuses from PSO or something, like 200% Shifta/Deband/Resta range or something of the sorts) for balance. In PSU that was taken out, which made each class extremely barebones and humans useless.

I think the point we're trying to get across is, humans, casts and newmans have been revealed in the game. So they will be in there, and Humans will have they're own positives as well as every other race. Why throw in one other race to balance when we could just have 3 balanced races?

Agreed. This is PSO2 after all NOT psu2...

Humans are rather "meh" In PSU I wont debate that. I'll take a Beast, Cast, Or Neuman over a human any day in PSU.

However humans were great in PSO. RAmarl was IMO the best class in the game. Human, Female, Ranger.

They could melee, they could use all guns, had great stats, had lvl 20 support, etc etc. Of course people could debate this but IMO RAmarl>>>all classes. Soo yeaa..Humans are far from useless in PSO.

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 01:54 PM
I think I voted yes a long time ago, was there a "meh" option?

and that "this is pso2 not psu2" thing still sounds nostalgia infected, I'ma just call it PSO Galaxy now.

Adriano
Apr 29, 2011, 01:55 PM
They could melee, they could use all guns, had great stats, had lvl 20 support, etc etc. Of course people could debate this but IMO RAmarl>>>all classes. Soo yeaa..Humans are far from useless in PSO.

Not Panzer Faust, you liar.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 29, 2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I guess thats true. The best support I have for Beast forces then is the TP difference between Cast and Beast then (and in PSP2, like I said before, Beast were given a boost like I said before).

Beast forces were really fun to play in PSP2, but Forces just sucked in PSP2 so I didn't stay as one for long.

Vanzazikon
Apr 29, 2011, 02:04 PM
If beasts are implemented or not, it won't affect me much.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 29, 2011, 02:14 PM
If beasts are implemented or not, it won't affect me much.

That's pretty much my overal feeling for the subject. Kinda sucks that this poll only has two options.

It's missing the "I dont really care, if they are in cool, if not cool aswell" option lol.

I think that option would have the most votes =P

Hrith
Apr 29, 2011, 02:55 PM
Well in PSP2 at least, Beasts were worth playing as Hunters, Vanguards and Forces. Casts had them beat as Hunters, but Beasts defiantly were better as Vangaurds (Evasion Gods) and Forces.Yes, I have a female beast HU/VA in PSP2 :P

Niloklives
Apr 29, 2011, 03:51 PM
rofl Hrith xD Is that your sig?

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 04:18 PM
It would've been my sig too, but lots of people I know would probably kill me.

Niloklives
Apr 29, 2011, 04:23 PM
well now i feel special

Fhin
Apr 29, 2011, 05:34 PM
Imo I would be happy to see Beasts in PSO2 but:

- Beasts made their appearance in PSU and in it's "expansions" like AotI, PSP, PSP2 and PSP2i.
- Humans, Newmans and Casts are part of the PSO-series like PSO DC, PSO GC I-II, PSO BB and PSO III.

So for me it would not really fit (storybased) to combine those different "stories" with including a race which had never an appearance in this "universe".

...but I would be very very happy to see Beasts in PSO2. (regardless what I wrote above.) ^^;

Hrith
Apr 29, 2011, 05:43 PM
Beasts were in the original PS series, though.

Niloklives
Apr 29, 2011, 05:47 PM
They were but not in this form. if they redesigned them to be more like motavians I doubt people would be as reluctant.

Zyrusticae
Apr 29, 2011, 07:44 PM
http://www.100megsfree3.com/rune/ps_rpg/gryz1_t.gif

Yeeessssss. This is what beasts should have been in the first place!

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 08:27 PM
^
Only if they come with wannabe black mage cloaks.

Blueblur
Apr 29, 2011, 11:32 PM
I know that Newmans arent the focus of the thread, but I was just using them as an example to say that Beasts are more unique than them.

I say we remove Newmans. The only thing that makes them unique are their different ears. They're just a 3rd race with a different set of stats. They're simply superfluous.

Seriously, explain to me how Newmans are more unique than Beasts?
So mature of you. Hey, Newmans were there first before Beasts and have a long history with the series. You know, longer than the online games which are the only games most of the people on this board played. The issue isn't even with Beasts; it's with the concept of a 4th race. PSO was plenty balanced with 3. But I digress. I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me. Especially with that attitude.

Well, you feel the way you do, and I feel the way I do. Beasts are my absolute favorite race, for two reasons:

1. I love hard-hitting tank fighters. I always play an uber-powerful melee class in just about every single RPG I've ever played, and ever will play.

2. Beast females, in my opinion, are extremely attractive. Yes, I know that sounds lame, but that's me. You can tell by the monstrous photo album on my profile page how much I enjoy them.

Also, the reason I wasn't (and still am not) big into CAST fighters is simply the lack of clothing options. As I've stated before, I'm a big, big customization buff. That being said, CAST's lack of cosmetic options left them in a kind of "meh" state to me. So, I like rough-and-tumble melee fighters, yet want as many clothing options as possible? Beasts were for me. And, as I've also stated previously, if PSO2 doesn't have clothing customization, Sega can kiss my ass. I won't buy PSO2 if that's the case. I digress.

So, obviously I would like to see Beasts included in PSO2. Will they be? Probably not. Will that piss me off beyond all logical reasoning? Damn straight.
That's fine. To each his own.

Vashyron
Apr 29, 2011, 11:41 PM
Beasts? Pffft. I want Dumans back from PSP2i. :>

Nah just kidding, though actually quite neutral on the whole Beasts in PSO2 thing, not so sure what I want. Heh.

Getsuga
Apr 29, 2011, 11:48 PM
The only thing good about beasts are the female beasts: Hot. Otherwise I don't really care about it.

...Almost every female beast I've ever seen was plus-sized. But hey; I don't judge, bro.

But anyway; uhhh. Wait...so...why is this even...why would you want a race GONE? It doesn't effect you playing your preferred one. I expected like 80 Yes and 9 No, not this close of a turnout...

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 29, 2011, 11:50 PM
So mature of you. Hey, Newmans were there first before Beasts and have a long history with the series. You know, longer than the online games which are the only games most of the people on this board played.

You're thinking of Numans, which actually remind me of Beasts more than Newmans.

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/PhantasyStar4/Update%205/96-Phantasy-Star-4277.jpg

Look at them ears, and that ATP. They were melee back in the day.

BIG OLAF
Apr 29, 2011, 11:56 PM
...Almost every female beast I've ever seen was plus-sized. But hey; I don't judge, bro.

But anyway; uhhh. Wait...so...why is this even...why would you want a race GONE? It doesn't effect you playing your preferred one. I expected like 80 Yes and 9 No, not this close of a turnout...

Because PSO Purists want everything in PSO2 to be exactly as it was in PSO. That, and apparently having one extra race would completely throw off the "racial balance" that was present in PSO, etc. None of that really matter to me, though.

Also, all Beast women are "plus-sized"? I direct you to my album. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1003)

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2011, 11:59 PM
Because PSO Purists want everything in PSO2 to be exactly as it was in PSO. That, and apparently having one extra race would completely throw off the "racial balance" that was present in PSO, etc. None of that really matter to me, though.

Also, all Beast women are "plus-sized"? I direct you to my album. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1003)

*bites bottom lip* >_<

•Col•
Apr 29, 2011, 11:59 PM
So mature of you. Hey, Newmans were there first before Beasts and have a long history with the series. You know, longer than the online games which are the only games most of the people on this board played. The issue isn't even with Beasts; it's with the concept of a 4th race. PSO was plenty balanced with 3. But I digress. I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me. Especially with that attitude.

.....Whoa what? I'm just using your own logic against you. :l

You say Beasts aren't unique? Well I say Newmans aren't unique. And since the only main important thing for determining which races should return, nothing else really matters. So yeah, Newmans may have been around a long time, but that doesn't mean much.

Seth Astra
Apr 30, 2011, 12:02 AM
If I could I'd un-vote. I really don't care if they just keep beasts or add 10 new races (as long as it's semi-balanced), as long as I can play a male newman and do something in the melee department, I'll be happy.

Blueblur
Apr 30, 2011, 12:03 AM

"If it aint broke, don't fix it."

You're thinking of Numans, which actually remind me of Beasts more than Newmans.

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/PhantasyStar4/Update%205/96-Phantasy-Star-4277.jpg

The concept of the Newman race was definitely born from Nei and the whole Numan concept introduced in Phantasy Star 2. I consider them an extension of that race. That is why I prefer them and their inclusion in PSO 2's mythology over a 4th race.

Regardless, arguing this with me will get us nowhere. I feel the way I do and that is that. Those who love Beasts, that's great; I won't rail against you for it.

Corey Blue
Apr 30, 2011, 12:05 AM
Like I said before if they could fit them in,put them in,don't matter to me.

Getsuga
Apr 30, 2011, 12:05 AM
Sort of an extreme comparison, but some of the "CASTS ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE AT EVERYTHING" tl;dr posts I'm readin' here are like as fanatical as Hitler's Aryan supremecy spiels. Lmao.

& ...Well, that's one way to enjoy the game when you're not down for some slayin', I guess. Really love you some beasts, I see. x.x

And how does it throw off racial balance to include a race that, "Isn't as good at casts at anything?" I'm not going to argue the point, not enough hours in the day, but hey. -.-

•Col•
Apr 30, 2011, 12:06 AM

You know, I think it'd be cool if they just broke Newmans down into 2 subraces, the magic-based elf-looking current ones, and these old melee-oriented ones.

Ceresa
Apr 30, 2011, 12:09 AM

You know Numan and Newman in PS2-4 and PSO and PSU have the same spelling on the only versions of the game that aren't filled with inconsistencies and arbitrary name changes?

And that particular newman was my healbitch for 90% of the game.

FEI LEE
Apr 30, 2011, 12:15 AM
Eh...doesn't matter much to me. If they stay in then it's another choice for better or worse and if not then maybe next time.

If they keep PSO's class system I wonder what they would be.

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 12:16 AM
"If it aint broke, don't fix it."

The concept of the Newman race was definitely born from Nei and the whole Numan concept introduced in Phantasy Star 2. I consider them an extension of that race. That is why I prefer them and their inclusion in PSO 2's mythology over a 4th race.

Regardless, arguing this with me will get us nowhere. I feel the way I do and that is that. Those who love Beasts, that's great; I won't rail against you for it.

also, chaz should have much higher str than her eventually. shes not a straight up fighter...later in the game her stats and skills line up more with HUnewearl compared to Chaz's HUmar like stats.

Gryz was the beast type for sure. slow, powerful, and lots of hp.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 30, 2011, 12:17 AM
You know Numan and Newman in PS2-4 and PSO and PSU have the same spelling on the only versions of the game that aren't filled with inconsistencies and arbitrary name changes?

And that particular newman was my healbitch for 90% of the game.

I only played that English version :-?

Also, I played my Beast as a healer most of PSU.

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 12:19 AM
*bites bottom lip* >_<

Why are you doing that...?

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2011, 12:21 AM
Why are you doing that...?

Because boobs make me go

http://www.forkparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/dat_ass1.jpeg

Too. D:

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 12:22 AM
I'm not for or against having Beasts, but weren't Beasts the 4th "race with different stats" as well..?

As they should have been?

They're equally "unique". They both have strengths and weaknesses. They both have different ears.

Anything beyond that is either personal opinion and/or just wanting to ignite flames.

Quoting myself as to not have to repeat myself.

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 12:23 AM
Because boobs make me go

http://www.forkparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/dat_ass1.jpeg

Too. D:

Oh, I see ^^;. Just showing him that not all Beast women are "plus-sized".

moorebounce
Apr 30, 2011, 12:26 AM
I think since they got rid of the mags it was more of a balance issue. IMO thats why you didn't see any beast characters but they can still be in the game they just didn't have them in the video.

FEI LEE
Apr 30, 2011, 12:35 AM
Beast with a power/dex mag would scare me.

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 01:31 AM
Oh, I see ^^;. Just showing him that not all Beast women are "plus-sized".

I should amend this.

"Just showing him that not all Beast women are 'plus-sized'...but some certainly are in the chest."

Ok, continue.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 01:33 AM
You really like them bombs, don't you, Olaf?

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 01:36 AM
Olaf's all about WM double Ds

...sickos

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 01:38 AM
They're healthy males...well, hopefully. Just as long as he doesn't poke a hole through his computer screen.

*cough*

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 01:41 AM
anyone could could do that would need specially made pants.

...for beasts.

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 01:41 AM
You really like them bombs, don't you, Olaf?

-Wayu

Yes and no. It's a hard thing to describe. I really wouldn't even know where to start. I regard my character(s) as works of art, almost. Like paintings, or sculptures. I make them the best I can, and I enjoy admiring my work (but not in a sexual way, mind you). That's about the shortest version I can come up with.

Olaf's all about WM double Ds

Actually, they're Gs.

...sickos

I can't tell if this is being said in a joking matter or not.

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 01:44 AM
Yes and no. It's a hard thing to describe. I really wouldn't even know where to start. I regard my character(s) as works of art, almost. Like paintings, or sculptures. I make them the best I can, and I enjoy admiring my work. That's about the shortest version I can come up with.

Actually, they're Gs.

I can't tell if this is being said in a joking matter or not.

WMD = Weapon of mass destruction (read: nuclear missile, etc) was playing off of Wayu's bombs comment. get it? you like bombs? WM double Ds?

did you hear the one about the airplane? no? ....must have been over your head.

yes it was a joke.

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 01:46 AM
WMD = Weapon of mass destruction (read: nuclear missile, etc) was playing off of Wayu's bombs comment. get it? you like bombs? WM double Ds?

did you hear the one about the airplane? no? ....must have been over your head.

yes it was a joke.

I know. I realized the joke. I was just being an ass. :-P

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 01:47 AM
I know. I realized the joke. I was just being an ass. :-P

But the conversation was about boobs >_>

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 01:50 AM
But the conversation was about boobs >_>

http://files.sharenator.com/Headdesk_Emo_funnys-s449x337-111462-475.jpg

Corey Blue
Apr 30, 2011, 01:52 AM
I just lol'd hard

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 02:02 AM
did I win?

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 02:04 AM
did I win?

Yes. Here's your prize.

http://www.homepagedaily.com/uploads/20090520/7ff75d05-ac8c-4e07-89be-6052864b562a/thumb150-win-one-internet.jpg

I don't even remember what I was talking about before...

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 02:17 AM
Something about beasts being pluses.

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 02:19 AM
Something about beasts being pluses.

-Wayu

Oh, yes. Uhh, I want to attempt to steer this topic back towards the original point, but I'm not sure how you go from G-cup sweater-muffins ------> PSO2.

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 02:22 AM
like this:

Did you see the HUnewearl in that closeup?

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 02:23 AM
like this:

Did you see the HUnewearl in that closeup?

Yes. I didn't much care for the unrealistic, cone-shape of her breasts. Also, they don't go with the rest of her bodily proportions at all. Looks way too cartoonish for my liking. They don't even have a natural, gravitational sag, as would be normal (EDIT: Ok, they have a very slight sag, but nothing "normal"). They're like a perfect cone/mound/bullet shape. Unsettling.

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 02:25 AM
you're not doing it right.

but yeah she did look disproportionate.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 03:02 AM
Part of the reason is because she's leaning back while sticking her chest out. You can't see the sag.

-Wayu

Corey Blue
Apr 30, 2011, 03:06 AM
Her spine need's fixing,she needs a revamp.

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 03:16 AM
I tend to agree with Wayu, it's a bad angle is all. she's still the best looking newman female I've seen in years...even if she does have scoliosis.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 03:17 AM
It's a common pose for models that don't have Nassandra's bombs.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 03:20 AM
yeah I agree it's a bad angle...but what if all models but Nassandra have scoliosis?

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 03:35 AM
That's not very possible.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 03:38 AM
but it is plausible

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 03:51 AM
Enough with the trolling, please.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 04:30 AM
I'm not trolling, Wayu. you're talking, and I'm talking. I'm seriously not trying to annoy you and I'll thank you not to accuse me of stuff for cracking a few jokes that you can't take. You're totally ok with me making a comment to olaf about whatever. olaf laughed, I laughed, other people laughed. but all of a sudden I make a joke about something you say WHILE agreeing with you and you take it like a personal attack.

I admit I didn't like when you nominated yourself mod for a day, but if you're going to take everything i say like I'm out to get you, you're better off ignoring me and i encourage you to do so if you're having difficulties in a social setting. Or you could just relax, take it in stride and know that you aren't special enough to "incur my wrath".

Fhin
Apr 30, 2011, 04:53 AM
Beasts were in the original PS series, though.

Ok, didn't know that (never played the old ones) so my references were only from PSO to PSPi and everything between.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 04:56 AM
While I'd appreciate your not making falsities up and lack of a coherent syllogism, I'm too mentally exhausted to point them out.

So this Senior Class President who apparently has difficulties in a social setting's going to take the easy way out.

/Ignore list

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 05:00 AM
class presidents can't be maladjusted? go figure

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 05:03 AM
On second thought I don't even know where the ignore list is.

Maladjusted is someone who can't take a hint when that person notices that someone doesn't like a certain kind of lame joke but keeps on cracking.

Edit: Found it.
Edit2: Drag, mods, feel free to delete the posts related to this petty argument.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 05:23 AM
that's actually socially inept, not maladjusted. nice try though.

maladjusted is acting like a spoiled child when someone makes a joke at your expense.

and I'm neither of those, i just don't bend to the will of people who lack proper communication skills.

here's a hint though: dont like a joke, dont respond to it. In a forum or any place where text is the only means of communication, true meaning is going to get mucked up. if you respond to a joke in an ambiguous way, someone may think you were trying to joke with them. if you ignore them, only an idiot would bug you for a reply.

Seriously: no offense but try to grow up a little. I've been nice to you quite a bit on these forums. I've added constructive comments, offered to help you - even given advice. But if that's all it takes to get under your skin, you're in for a world of hurt in real life.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 05:33 AM
I'll assume the above post is an attempt to get the last laugh.

Back on topic: I was kind of mistaken on the HUnewearl's pose. She's leaning back, and NOT thrusting her rack out. She's just leaning back, which means her breasts ARE weird.

Or it could be the armor giving her those bullets.

Edit: Actually, all of the characters do that. Also, the FOmarl has the natural drooping, despite not being as well-endowed.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 05:38 AM
I'll assume the above post is an attempt to get the last laugh.

Back on topic: I was kind of mistaken on the HUnewearl's pose. She's leaning back, and NOT thrusting her rack out. She's just leaning back, which means her breasts ARE weird.

Or it could be the armor giving her those bullets.

Edit: Actually, all of the characters do that. Also, the FOmarl has the natural drooping, despite not being as well-endowed.

-Wayu

*sigh* I thought you were ignoring me wayu....btw I used the edit button

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 05:41 AM
And I'll assume that's another.

Will edit pictures into this post; Photobucket's being a douche ATM.

Edit:
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/Screenshot2011-04-30at63500PM.pnghttp://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/Screenshot2011-04-30at63533PM.png

Everyone has the pose.

-Wayu

Niloklives
Apr 30, 2011, 05:44 AM
Its not, I'm trying to communicate with you here. I think you're being childish, but I'm trying to reconcile this with you cause I think you're blowing this out of proportion and I'd rather talk it out than have you feel like we're at each other's throats or something. if you'll talk to me in PM I'll stop cluttering the thread

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 05:47 AM
BTW I can't read your posts, 'klives. Ignore List.

-Wayu

Aixiao
Apr 30, 2011, 09:20 AM
LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

-Wayu

Fixed.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 09:29 AM
The whole deal was cleared up via PM, so yeah. We can ignore that part now.

And frick, I hope the PSO2 package comes with mosquito repellent.

-Wayu

Evila
Apr 30, 2011, 09:30 AM
Eh, I don't care either way about beasts. I had one as an alt in PSU but he was just there for the extra storage space, and some rare lowbie play. I'd feel a bit bad for some of my friends who wanted to roll beasts again if they aren't present though.

moorebounce
May 1, 2011, 09:27 PM
They put them in PSU so they need to keep them. Don't pull a Madden on us. Where you put something in a game then take it out another and try and bring it back later like it's something new. Altough I don't think Beasts should have Mags because they can turn into beasts right?

BIG OLAF
May 1, 2011, 09:29 PM
They put them in PSU so they need to keep them. Don't pull a Madden on us. Where you put something in a game then take it out another and try and bring it back later like it's something new. Altough I don't think Beasts should have Mags because they can turn into beasts right?

I made this point a while ago. There's no reason to take Beasts out of the Phantasy Star series after they've been in it for the past 5 or so years. Deciding to take them out because "OMG BEASTS WEREN'T IN PSO SO THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN PSO2" is just silly fanboyism.

Wayu
May 1, 2011, 09:32 PM
What hurts the Beast's chances of making it in, though, is the opening sequence of the HD trailer - not one Beast was in there. I watched that segment several times to see if it was only the three standard races and yep, no Beasts or Dewmans.

-Wayu

Mr Champloo
May 1, 2011, 09:33 PM
I made this point a while ago. There's no reason to take Beasts out of the Phantasy Star series after they've been in it for the past 5 or so years. Deciding to take them out because "OMG BEASTS WEREN'T IN PSO SO THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN PSO2" is just silly fanboyism.

My thoughts exactly.

BIG OLAF
May 1, 2011, 09:34 PM
What hurts the Beast's chances of making it in, though, is the opening sequence of the HD trailer - not one Beast was in there. I watched that segment several times to see if it was only the three standard races and yep, no Beasts or Dewmans.

-Wayu

Yes, I also noticed this, too. They showed Humans, Newmans, and CASTs. Nothing else. Quite annoying, but still can't count them completely out.

Wayu
May 1, 2011, 09:35 PM
Nothing else yet, at least.

Is it just me, or does the FOmarl look like an older Emilia? ^^;

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 09:37 PM
probably just a fun little easter egg. I can't imagine that it's significant

Blueblur
May 1, 2011, 09:40 PM

Irony.

BIG OLAF
May 1, 2011, 09:42 PM
Irony.

Not at all. Sensible statement =/= irony.

•Col•
May 1, 2011, 09:45 PM

-Wayu

I guess HUcast, HUcaseal, FOnewm, and FOnewearl aren't returning either then.

Orange_Coconut
May 1, 2011, 09:45 PM
If they're going to include beasts as a playable race then I really hope they work a bit on their personality as a race or something. I mean, the word 'beast' is pretty derogatory when one thinks about the actual definition. I really think that should be addressed at some point if they ever want to seriously take themselves as a race so that they can be better integrated into the PS realm.

That being said, I don't actually know the history of the Beast race, but to be called a beast is to be looked at as less than human. I think it would make way for an interesting conflict if done correctly and, while it may not necessarily appear in this game, I think it should eventually become a hot-button issue within the PS realm at some point in the future. It would be nice if the beast race tried to eliminate the derogatory term and find a name more fitting for their people.

So... I know this thread is more about whether or not I want beasts in this game. I guess I'd prefer for them to not be a part of it if it's a true sequel to PSO, at least not as playable characters yet. If the beasts appear in PSO2 I won't mind, but I guess I'd rather them take the integration more slowly, from an aesthetic point of view. I don't know enough about the setting of PSO2 to really have that be my final decision on the matter, either. As a preliminary thought, however, I will stand beside it for now.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 09:47 PM
Isn't it a bit early to start thinking they aren't in?

Wayu
May 1, 2011, 09:49 PM
I guess HUcast, HUcaseal, FOnewm, and FOnewearl aren't returning either then.

Those most likely are. Just because they didn't pop up in the sequence doesn't mean that they aren't in the game.

For the above staple classes, their races are evident in the sequence, meaning that those staple classes will definitely be in there. What we're talking about isn't specific classes; rather an entire race, Colaya.

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
May 1, 2011, 09:50 PM
Isn't it a bit early to start thinking they aren't in?

Yes, it's jumping the gun a bit, but they seemed to show male/female Human, male/female Newman, and what kinda-sorta looked like male CAST. So far, not looking promising. But, only a few minutes of gameplay shown so far.

Corey Blue
May 1, 2011, 09:54 PM
Yes, it's jumping the gun a bit, but they seemed to show male/female Human, male/female Newman, and what kinda-sorta looked like male CAST. So far, not looking promising. But, only a few minutes of gameplay shown so far.

It could be a number of reason's,either their not done,or it was just to please to the old fan's,but yeah it's to early to say anything right now.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 09:59 PM
It could be a number of reason's,either their not done,or it was just to please to the old fan's,but yeah it's to early to say anything right now.

Actually I wouldn't mind that. In my opinion it would be cool if beasts received their own trailer to effectively draw in the PSU crowd since the current trailer felt as though it was aimed as PSO vets.

Hopfully all races are available during the alpha. That would at least show us some of our options thus far.

•Col•
May 1, 2011, 10:03 PM
Those most likely are. Just because they didn't pop up in the sequence doesn't mean that they aren't in the game.

For the above staple classes, their races are evident in the sequence, meaning that those staple classes will definitely be in there. What we're talking about isn't specific classes; rather an entire race, Colaya.

-Wayu

Just sayin' it doesn't really mean much.

BIG OLAF
May 1, 2011, 10:05 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind that. In my opinion it would be cool if beasts received their own trailer to effectively draw in the PSU crowd since the current trailer felt as though it was aimed as PSO vets.

Hadn't thought of that. Since it only showed Human and Newman gameplay in the first trailer, maybe the next trailer will show the CASTs and Beasts (if at all). That would be badass.

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 10:10 PM
yeah it's possible they're doing something with cast and beast abilities that they weren't ready to show off, but at least pictures of casts were in that pv. We didn't even see a picture of a beast which makes things as questionable as they are.

Wayu
May 1, 2011, 10:44 PM
They also showed female CAST.

Just sayin' it doesn't really mean much.

Right back at you.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 10:53 PM
They also showed female CAST.

Right back at you.

-Wayu

they actually showed a few casts in the pv. That's my point though. we can safely assume casts are there, but with beasts its just a toss up.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 10:57 PM
(bit off topic)
Wasn't there a new race present in the portable games? Just wondering why no one has yet to argue in their favor.

NoiseHERO
May 1, 2011, 11:03 PM
Dumans, no one liked them apparently, I wasn't feeling their concept much either... (besides them being another race you can't make black)

So I guess a lot of people can live without them and not complain.

Wayu
May 1, 2011, 11:03 PM
Only in Infinity, and even then their origin is basically a human hit by SEED bombs.

-Wayu

Tyreek
May 1, 2011, 11:10 PM
Basically what Wayu said. Their race are basically humans who haven't devolved into the mindless state of SEED lifeforms. And apparently an overpowered race at that.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 11:11 PM
Dumans, no one liked them apparently, I wasn't feeling their concept much either... (besides them being another race you can't make black)

So I guess a lot of people can live without them and not complain.

Makes me wonder if they would try adding another race again or leave it at just beasts since beasts seem to have been received well.

HsBlaze
May 1, 2011, 11:14 PM
it would be nice having a the beast race pso2 dont know how it going to fit in the story thoe

RenzokukenZ
May 1, 2011, 11:19 PM
^

Simple. Beasts would be the natives of one of the new planets. Problem solved.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 11:21 PM
^

Simple. Beasts would be the natives of one of the new planets. Problem solved.

True. In PSO your character didn't really explore anything outside of a mission besides a small block of a huge city and a small laboratory so it could be entirely possible that story wise your character just hadn't been in an area populated with them also.

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 11:26 PM
The beasts in PSU weren't an alien race though, they were engineered. They couldn't be natives.

This is why I like the idea of motavians replacing beasts.

RenzokukenZ
May 1, 2011, 11:32 PM
That's by PSU's storyline. This one is entirely different.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 11:38 PM
Are these games considered part of each others canon at this point?

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 11:54 PM
not yet. it's just since beasts are a PSU thing, and they have a very specific story, the idea that the human race just happened to accidentally engineer a preexisting race which we happen to bump into this time around is the kind of thing that no writer with any sense would even try.

Ask yourself this though. if beasts can't nanoblast in this game, which is entirely possible, especially if some goofy excuse like what's being passed is present, then aside from aesthetics, what would be the difference between a beast and a motavian? or some other strength oriented race?

If the argument is for a race that plays exactly like beasts in PSU did, you're probably SoL, and if they don't fit that mold, then any 4th race would do, since they'd no longer be the same creature either way.

LoveRappy
May 2, 2011, 12:56 AM
i want this to be closest possible to PSO as it can be... so NO Beasts!

only Casts, Newmans and Humans.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 01:02 AM
i want this to be closest possible to PSO as it can be... so NO Beasts!

only Casts, Newmans and Humans.

I agree! I also want this to be close as possible to PSO as it can be...

So.... Get rid of the jumping, blocking, dodging, PP, Photon Arts, third person shooting for guns, and dynamic weather and mission events! Let's go back to Ragol! Same areas! Same enemies! Same items! Same everything, just update the graphics! DO IT SEGA

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 01:05 AM
I agree! I also want this to be close as possible to PSO as it can be...

So.... Get rid of the jumping, blocking, dodging, PP, Photon Arts, third person shooting for guns, and dynamic weather and mission events! Let's go back to Ragol! Same areas! Same enemies! Same items! Same everything, just update the graphics! DO IT SEGA

I sense sarcasm! I approve.

Corey Blue
May 2, 2011, 01:05 AM
I lol'd again.

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 01:06 AM
You forgot to get rid of newmans with big guns.

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 01:09 AM
We might as well revert back to the PSO graphics engine while we're at it!

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 01:11 AM
We should do that thing again, where we have to walk for 2 seconds before we can run.

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 01:13 AM
Actually, it looks like that one is back, only it goes from running to running faster. Total speculation though.

Back on topic, go beasts.

moorebounce
May 2, 2011, 01:29 AM

-Wayu

If you base everything off the video then we won't have forces in the game either. I don't recall seeing any of the characters in the video using any techniques. I didn't see any traps being used. Also none of the enemies dropped any item boxes either.

So at this point you have to assume they didn't show everything in that video.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 01:31 AM
If you base everything off the video then we won't have forces in the game either. I don't recall seeing any of the characters in the video using any techniques. I didn't see any traps being used. Also none of the enemies dropped any item boxes either.

Yes, that's also the explanation I'm going with, as well. They didn't even show any CASTs (in-game) in the first trailer, either. So, obviously there's much more to be seen. Sega just gave us the bare minimum reveal as to tantalize us even more than we already were.

Itoshi
May 2, 2011, 01:32 AM

Forces were displayed in the concept art section of the video.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 01:44 AM
Forces were displayed in the concept art section of the video.

Correction: Concept art that resembles the armor that of the PSO classes, FOmar and FOmarl, were displayed.

You're missing his point, though.

Itoshi
May 2, 2011, 01:48 AM
Correction: Concept art that resembles the armor that of the PSO classes, FOmar and FOmarl, were displayed.

You're missing his point, though.

I understand his point. He's trying to say that just because it wasn't in the video doesn't mean it won't be in. And that is true for pretty much everything that this game will contain.

Also, I'm pretty sure its safe to assume that if FOmar and FOmarl concept art was included, it means it will be used for a Force type class.

Hentai_Kittie
May 2, 2011, 02:05 AM
One thing i wil add though. If PSPo2i and PSO is supposed to merge in story abit (read that awhile back) then beasts and dumans have a pretty high chance of making it in. I'd say Dumans moreso because they were made specifically for the story where this was supposed to happen. But i may be off by alot, i havn't had the internet for months. x.x

I would want more races in though. I like the newmans, beasts, and dumans stat concepts more then the others, gives me more options xp
~LG slate!

Corey Blue
May 2, 2011, 02:22 AM
One thing i wil add though. If PSPo2i and PSO is supposed to merge in story abit (read that awhile back) then beasts and dumans have a pretty high chance of making it in. I'd say Dumans moreso because they were made specifically for the story where this was supposed to happen. But i may be off by alot, i havn't had the internet for months. x.x

I would want more races in though. I like the newmans, beasts, and dumans stat concepts more then the others, gives me more options xp
~LG slate!

I got a strong feeling Dumans are not making it in,that's to much PSU right there.(Beast are highly favored,so there more likely to be in.)

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 03:59 AM

Basing observations off of an official trailer does not equal basing the finished game off of the trailer. You completely misunderstood me.

Thanks and derp.

What I'm arguing is simply what we've observed thus far off of the trailer.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 04:10 AM
http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/gallery/pso/hunewm.gif

Official PSO HUnewm artwork. This guy was more-so the representative of the PSIV Numans. So seeing that Humans get a sub-race in PSP2I (Dewmans), perhaps Sega would dig this relic up, and include them in as a sub-race for Newman (who we can honestly call Beasts) somewhere in the new worlds for PSO2.

xBladeM6x
May 2, 2011, 05:01 AM
Yes, but only if the race/class combo's are balanced. ^^;

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 05:52 AM
That is one handsome newman right there.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 09:18 AM
The only way i see them fitting in is that they so happen to find a rift to Pso2's world/dimension and it so happen to be a ship full of Beast ,and maybe some of the other races, that gos through said rift.

redroses
May 2, 2011, 09:37 AM
Depending on how long PSO2 plays after PSO, they could easily add beasts. All that has to happen is that half of the Newman offspring started mutating and bring back their aggressive strength and make them look more beast like. I mean, Newmans did used to have monster DNA in them so why couldn't it come back out? Would be the best way to add beasts in my opionion.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 09:43 AM
They could bring them back as enemys in the same fashion. Just that they were doing it wrong at the time. lulz

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 10:12 AM
Well, PSP2i was supposed to be connected to PSO2 in some way that we don't know yet.

-Wayu

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:17 AM
Hm... I can't say, I sort of liked the old, Human, Newman, and CAST. Just the original three...

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 10:17 AM
I didn't look to far into it but I remember seeing a remake of Forest 1 in PSP2i and thats about it. People seem to like the Sarisa outfit.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 10:22 AM
Forest, Mines, Ruins, and Caves were all in PSP2 (non-Infinity) as rare maps and/or story missions.

Red Ring Rico and Flowen are in Infinity, albeit only in an irrelevant side-story mission.

Sarisa? You mean Nagisa?

-Wayu

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:22 AM
I didn't look to far into it but I remember seeing a remake of Forest 1 in PSP2i and thats about it. People seem to like the Sarisa outfit.

Is the remake of Forest 1 in PSP2i, similar to that of PSP2 where its really short and is only similar in style? Or an actually remake?

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 10:23 AM
PSO levels remade? Not bad.

@Korten: As said, i didn't look far into it so im just as in the dark as you are.

I seen people wearing Sarisa's (of PSZ) outfit. Most vids I see have people wearing it.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 10:25 AM
Not remade, just short areas.

There's Forest 1 & 2, Mines 1, Ruins ?, and Caves 1.

-Wayu

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:25 AM
oh darn... :( Well at least in PSP2i their is Olga Flow.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 10:26 AM
There's also Olga Flow and the elevator battle remade in its entirety.

-Wayu

ShinMaruku
May 2, 2011, 10:27 AM
Some guys say beast women are the best.

Wayu
The Vol Brothers? Where?

-Wayu

Zarode
Not remade, just short areas.

There's Forest 1 & 2, Mines 1, Ruins ?, and Caves 1.

-Wayu

Ruins 1.

yoshiblue
Yes and Olaf made a picture of it did he not?

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:29 AM

-Wayu

Yeah, I saw that, can't wait to play that fight. It was epic, the music was also really good.

Actually I think when I get home, I am going to go on PSO and on my old character and fight it. :D

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 10:32 AM
@yoshi: Well, Mr. Dynamite Boobs never showed me it so dunno. Also never played online PSP2.

Wasn't the music recycled from PSO for that scene? ^^; I actually don't know since I don't have the full version of Infinity.

-Wayu

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 10:34 AM
Lol at Mr. WM Double Ds. He posted his link somewere ill look for it.

Yeah, it seemed to be the same one as PSO's.

Pillan
May 2, 2011, 10:34 AM

-Wayu

Honestly, at this point, I am far more interested in seeing it remade in PSO2 than in PSP2.

But, yes, I would love to see them add Beasts back in. Even more so if they made Beasts high ATP and high TP. Still a little worried what that would do to the human balance though.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:35 AM
Honestly, at this point, I am far more interested in seeing it remade in PSO2 than in PSP2.

But, yes, I would love to see them add Beasts back in. Even more so if they made Beasts high ATP and high TP. Still a little worried what that would do to the human balance though.

The jumping element of PSO2 would make his sword attack (where it extends across the stage) much easier to dodge.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 10:36 AM
Remaking the Olga Flow right for PSO2?

Hm...while tantalizing, they'd need to change the battle area and Olga Flow itself to accomodate jumping and all the new stuff they're putting it. Worth the effort or not?

-Wayu

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:39 AM

Hm...while tantalizing, they'd need to change the battle area and Olga Flow itself to accomodate jumping and all the new stuff they're putting it. Worth the effort or not?

-Wayu

I would say in the end it would be worth the effort, as long as it is still fun to play.

We're kind of off topic now. XD

Pillan
May 2, 2011, 10:40 AM

-Wayu

If you are to make a "PSO2," I would expect all the items and enemies and areas of PSO included at a minimum. Of course, they will have a lot of room to expand on that since that is nowhere near the number of unique bosses or areas or enemies in PSP2.

RemiusTA
May 2, 2011, 10:47 AM
Honestly, i hope they're finished ripping off PSO. This is an entirely new game in the series, which means they can put that behind them and get creative again like they did with the original. They can still use the series tropes, but please, no more dimensional riffs and fanservice. I really hope they just ignore everything that happened in PSU/PSP2/PSP2i. Otherwise, they're in for a storyline trainwreck. Those games were so full of random plot-advancing bullshit (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AppliedPhlebotinum) that it just got annoying after a while.

That said, I already mentioned i dont care if beasts make it or not, but i really hope Dumans stay out. They were a retarded concept anyway IMO.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:48 AM
Honestly, i hope they're finished ripping off PSO. This is an entirely new game in the series, which means they can put that behind them and get creative again like they did with the original. They can still use the series tropes, but please, no more dimensional riffs and fanservice.

That said, I already mentioned i dont care if beasts make it or not, but i really hope Dumans stay out. They were a retarded concept anyway IMO.

Its PSO2, it is even declared the true sequel to PSO, so its not a entirely new game in the series like PSU was.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 10:48 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184062&page=3

Never mind it was from Skye-Fox

Hentai_Kittie
May 2, 2011, 12:47 PM
Honestly, i hope they're finished ripping off PSO. This is an entirely new game in the series, which means they can put that behind them and get creative again like they did with the original. They can still use the series tropes, but please, no more dimensional riffs and fanservice. I really hope they just ignore everything that happened in PSU/PSP2/PSP2i. Otherwise, they're in for a storyline trainwreck. Those games were so full of random plot-advancing bullshit (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AppliedPhlebotinum) that it just got annoying after a while.

I dunno.... At this point in a series career, fanservice is nearly impossible to avoid. Plus we all likes it!

It's fanser-mazing!

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 12:50 PM
^

Well, SOME of us do.

-Wayu

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 12:53 PM
The only way i see them fitting in is that they so happen to find a rift to Pso2's world/dimension and it so happen to be a ship full of Beast ,and maybe some of the other races, that gos through said rift.

Huh...? They would not have to do all that to write Beasts in. Just have them be the denizens of the new planets like someone already mentioned.

It's a simple, easy way to fit them in, and it's not nearly as susceptible to plotholes as your suggestion.

Pillan
May 2, 2011, 01:18 PM
It seems like an even easier way to fit Beasts in is just to claim that they were always there. After all, this is a remake rather than a sequel. So parts in the story do not have to always line up (Oracle, Arks, and multiple planets to already name a few...).

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 01:19 PM
I got on idea! A Big Cross over. :D

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 01:20 PM
Dunno what you mean by that.

-Wayu

Hentai_Kittie
May 2, 2011, 01:21 PM
I do... it means that now, he has ALOT of enemies... x.x

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 01:35 PM
Dunno what you mean by that.

-Wayu

PSO meets PSU and they meet PSO2. :D

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 01:40 PM
PSO meets PSU and they meet PSO2. :D

^Once the Purists see this, abandon all hope.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 01:43 PM
^Once the Purists see this, abandon all hope.

Purists?

Confused. Haven't been on the forum for long.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 01:45 PM
Purists?

Confused. Haven't been on the forum for long.

PSO Purists. Defined as the people that want PSO2 to have pretty much nothing from PSU, PSP2, Infinity, or anything besides what was in PSO. They're kind of annoying, and are basically attempting to halt progress in the Phantasy Star franchise.

Pillan
There are a number of PSO players on this forum who feel abandoned by PSU and thus will accept nothing less than PSO as they remember it (which is quite different from PSO the game).

Wayu
The people that want PSO2 to be exactly PSO, nothing more and nothing less.

Maybe less.

-Wayu

Hentai_Kittie
May 2, 2011, 01:50 PM
^ By today's standard, it's MUCH less xp

Tyreek
May 2, 2011, 02:03 PM
There's no need for doing crossover. PSU did enough with that, and PSP2i. I say let this game go on an original route. Like someone said, Beasts could be from another planet. Like Motavia for example. Possibly from one of the multiple planets present. Also where did this remake concept from?

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 02:15 PM
My idea of the cross over was from the history of some of the weps in PSU. It was said that a rift was opened and the item so happen to fall through.

So I thought, why not! A rift so happens to open and the ship that so happens to be full of beast go through.

Hrith
May 2, 2011, 02:16 PM
Back on topic, beasts rule.

r00tabaga
May 2, 2011, 02:16 PM
No Beasts. Period. End of discussion. Just balance out the 3 races and I'll be happy. If they do this, you'll see a lot more Newman characters again. PSU was dominated by Beasts & Casts. You'll actually have more variety by leaving them out IMO. We'll soon see.....btw, when is the next big show? E3?? TGS???

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 02:18 PM
I changed my mind. I kinda want to see beasts purely just to see how well they are implemented and how well they play a role in the story. Just as long as they make them beautiful to look at.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 02:29 PM
To brighter shine draws eyes of envy

Hrith
May 2, 2011, 02:58 PM
Nevermind me, my trolling abilities are failing me in my old age.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 03:00 PM
Had to look at it thrice to get it. Heh

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 03:01 PM
*snip*

Don't feed the trolls. Hrith is just trying to reclaim some of his former trolling glory

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 03:05 PM
Its PSO2, it is even declared the true sequel to PSO, so its not a entirely new game in the series like PSU was.

Actually since it's not set in the Ragol or Gurhal systems it's safe to say it's going to be entirely new. Though I'm just speculating based on that info so we'll just have to wait for more solid information to be released.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 03:07 PM
I will laugh if it becomes a PSP2i sequel

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 03:10 PM
The less I see of Emilia and the rest of Clad 6 the better, Emilia makes me want to punch babies in the face.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 03:11 PM
Why not blonds?

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 03:12 PM
*snip*

Don't feed the trolls. Hrith is just trying to reclaim some of his former trolling glory

Oh, ok. Sorry, Ryna. I shall ignore this individual.

Palle
May 2, 2011, 03:22 PM
PSO Purists. Defined as the people that want PSO2 to have pretty much nothing from PSU, PSP2, Infinity, or anything besides what was in PSO. They're kind of annoying, and are basically attempting to halt progress in the Phantasy Star franchise.

I lol'd. IMO this 'definition' needs some refining.

Vashyron
May 2, 2011, 03:22 PM
The less I see of Emilia and the rest of Clad 6 the better, Emilia makes me want to punch babies in the face.

Spoiler, that PSO2 "FOmarl" (Tails) is old Emilia.

:>

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 03:36 PM
I lol'd. IMO this 'definition' needs some refining.

How so? It's quite correct, from what I've interpreted thus far. Please, enlighten me as to how you would supposedly "refine" it.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 03:40 PM
^
Olaf defined PSO purists though, I'm sure even from the name it's an accurate definition... PSO fans that hated PSU, that's another story.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 04:41 PM
It seems like an even easier way to fit Beasts in is just to claim that they were always there. After all, this is a remake rather than a sequel. So parts in the story do not have to always line up (Oracle, Arks, and multiple planets to already name a few...).

...Wha....? Where'd you get that idea? I mean, it's called Phantasy Star Online TWO...... Not Phantasy Star Online HD Edition. :l

Palle
May 2, 2011, 04:49 PM
How so? It's quite correct, from what I've interpreted thus far. Please, enlighten me as to how you would supposedly "refine" it.
Man, this is gonna be a pain to multiquote on my crappy phone.

Now, if you want credit for making stuff up on the internet, more power to you, but you've got to perform your due diligence. A bunch of teenagers saying, "it was Olaf's idea" won't stand up to scrutiny.

So the main issue is lack of depth. This is a matter regarding a range of people that can't simply be pigeonholed. You've got credibility to maintain. Let's begin to break it down.

people that want PSO2 to have pretty much nothing
”Pretty much nothing" lacks accuracy, and sounds lazy. There is evidence to suggest that there are multiple sub-factions within the players who resist the inclusion of non-PSO material, each of which having varied and specific issues with material inclusion (for example, no beasts, but fine with new gameplay; no new anything that isn't PSO HD; fine with new races, but must have original combat/model/camera mechanics; etc). To properly define such a diverse group requires more precise terminology.

They're kind of annoying
This isn't analysis or fact, and a definition is not an editorial, so it has no place in this endeavor.

basically attempting to halt progress in the Phantasy Star franchise.
Such an assertion requires evidence. Has a petition been initiated? Submitted? If so, use the source to fortify your argument, and fear not the slings and arrows of your ideological foes.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 05:20 PM
Now, if you want credit for making stuff up on the internet, more power to you, but you've got to perform your due diligence. A bunch of teenagers saying, "it was Olaf's idea" won't stand up to scrutiny.

So the main issue is lack of depth. This is a matter regarding a range of people that can't simply be pigeonholed. You've got credibility to maintain. Let's begin to break it down.

I'm already sensing mockery with that bolded statement.

”Pretty much nothing" lacks accuracy, and sounds lazy. There is evidence to suggest that there are multiple sub-factions within the players who resist the inclusion of non-PSO material, each of which having varied and specific issues with material inclusion (for example, no beasts, but fine with new gameplay; no new anything that isn't PSO HD; fine with new races, but must have original combat/model/camera mechanics; etc). To properly define such a diverse group requires more precise terminology.

It's still ignorant to whine and bleat over and over again, in almost every topic that has something to do with content from another Phantasy Star title (besides PSO) about how "oh, that shouldn't be like that, because of this", and refuse a slight majority of new ideas. Yes, some people are fine with changes, but then that wouldn't fit in with the definition of "Purist".

This isn't analysis or fact, and a definition is not an editorial, so it has no place in this endeavor.

Since it was my own personal definition based on the observations I've made within the past week or so (actually a lot longer than that; many, many months), I'd have to disagree. My opinion is completely acceptable in my own definition.

Such an assertion requires evidence. Has a petition been initiated? Submitted? If so, use the source to fortify your argument, and fear not the slings and arrows of your ideological foes.

There's plenty of evidence. Go read some other threads. It might take you a while to winnow through all the posts and shenanigans, but you'll eventually find what I'm talking about, to a degree. I was exaggerating in my initial post, but I figured it would be obvious enough to the point where I wouldn't have to explain that. And, I don't "fear" anyone else's different views. I just aggressively disagree (albeit a little too much sometimes).

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

No, I think that's good. Thanks for, uh, "breaking it down", but I was more or less giving my personal definition, as I said prior. To me, they're annoying, and need to accept PSO2 for what it's going to be, or shut the hell up. I probably should have made that clear from the get-go. Even if PSO2 isn't the way I want it to be (i.e, Beasts not being included), I'm not going to rage and cry about it endlessly.

Anyway, let's get back on-topic...whatever that was :eek:.

ShinMaruku
May 2, 2011, 05:21 PM
If they are I'm making a female beast named Nikki Minaj

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 05:24 PM
If they are I'm making a female beast named Nikki Minaj

I've seen a female Beast in PSU before named "Nikki Minaj". I don't know who that is, but the in-game character was too tall, and pretty much terribly disgusting to behold.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 05:32 PM
Huh...? They would not have to do all that to write Beasts in. Just have them be the denizens of the new planets like someone already mentioned.

It's a simple, easy way to fit them in, and it's not nearly as susceptible to plotholes as your suggestion.

How can an artificial race just randomly inhabit a planet? That would need all sorts of explaining,

Itoshi
May 2, 2011, 05:41 PM
How can an artificial race just randomly inhabit a planet? That would need all sorts of explaining,

What he is saying is that they'd change the beast's backstory so that they had lived on whatever planet, and the Oracle fleet met up with them. It's a pretty easy excuse to throw beasts in, and even several other races.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 05:45 PM
except then they wouldn't be beasts anymore. they'd be something else similar to beasts.

up to this point, every playable race in the PSO/PSU games was either human or man-made.

Even dumans were just infected humans.

Honestly all the excuses for beasts to be there now are pretty ridiculous. for all we know PSO2 takes place 1000 years after PSO. in 1000 years time, they couldn't invent a new race? you don't have to retcon or make up complicated stories.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 05:48 PM
That's getting too technical, at the end they'd still be animalistic humanoid power houses. :0

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 05:52 PM
who are you talking to, mike?

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 05:58 PM
Yooooouuuu. :0

I'm saying in general it's the same race concept, weather they have the same original or appearance and name or not. /shrug

Milla
May 2, 2011, 06:04 PM
I voted "No". Ive just never taken a liken to them, big whoop wanna fight about it!?! lol.
I also never liked the Galka race from FFXI every time i saw one being a mage it made me cringe.