PDA

View Full Version : Some minor but helpful tricks

Syre
Dec 4, 2010, 02:26 PM
I'm sure most of these are known, if not then enjoy!

Rapid Firing

This can work with mech guns or handguns since neither has delay when holding down the L (moving) and shooting.

To do this you just hold L, take steps, left, right, forward or back it doesn't matter and shoot, then let go of the L and fire normally.

What it should look like is five fast shots with no delay in between the two shots fired when holding L and the regular ones, but for some reason when doing this with a mech gun, the normal two shots turn into three, so that's why it's in total 5.
I've also been able to hit 6 but I can't do it consistently.

Gun blade's 3rd hit

Get rid of it, seriously, it's so slow you'll probably be interrupted before you can even land it most of the time.

What do you replace it with? Easy, just shoot right after the 2nd hit.
This is especially good because all three bullets should hit since you're close enough to melee in the first place.

Not only does it do more damage, it's also really fast which means it's wayyy safer.

Regular combo to PA

If you look at your pallete and say you have regular attack on there, when you're charging for your PA it should start glowing.

Something I noticed was that it can still be charged during your regular combo animations. This is really good for like a couple reasons.

-By the time your chain is done you have a PA to use right away
-Chains have a time limit of how long they stay, after building up your chain from hitting, you have a PA to use right away instead of running around waiting.
-Pointless roll charge or attack chargers are pointless.

Of course this is going to work better with certian weapons because you should start charging after the last hit, some weapons have multiple last hits like... a double sword, dagger or claw.

Empty Pallete

This one's simple, all you have to do is leave a slot in your pallete blank, preferably the 2nd row.

Whenever you want to charge for a PA just press R hold the blank space, let go of R and there, your PA is charging without having to roll or just throwing out a random attack or w/e
It doesn't have to be a PA of course, but make sure w/e you want to charge right away is in the same row vertically from the 2nd row.

Before you enter another room

This one is easy too, all you have to do is cast w/e right before you enter the next room and it'll work in the next room without the animation of doing it.

How is this useful? If you're lazy just shifta right before you go into the next room and you should have it without doing the animation.

Roll from dagger

Simple too, just roll before the last hit on the dagger combo comes out.
If you time it good, you can make it look as if you hit while rolling because the last hit does appear, it just depends when you roll whether it'll hit or not.

X+Up+L

Really useful, trust me.

If I find some more stuff I'll be sure to let you guys know :]

Cruciarius
Dec 4, 2010, 03:57 PM
That rapid fire mech/handgun "trick" is actually a glitch and frowned upon. It slows other user's game down a lot, when done.

I've had people do it in free play games before. Highly annoying.

Syre
Dec 4, 2010, 06:22 PM
Are you sure you're not talking about the other one?

I can prove it doesn't slow down another person's game too.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 4, 2010, 07:40 PM
Syre isn't talking about the other glitch, I know because I've used his method of rapd-firing prior to his mentioning of this in the topic, which is pretty good at being able to basically use a 4-hit combo instead of 3 with my more powerful handguns. :P

Daak
Dec 5, 2010, 05:23 AM
My faf combo is u atk and after the third atk u hold the button by the time the atk is finish ure special is loadet and u can use ure photon art always works my faf combo ...

blazecon0
Dec 5, 2010, 11:40 AM
i do the same thing with all my daggers that have air ride :)
runs me outa energy pretty fast tho :p

leviayurashyguy
Dec 6, 2010, 02:22 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176095
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176090

just a couple. didn't dig deeper cuz i'm highly lazy

but yeah, this info has been stated countless times