PDA

View Full Version : Compelled To Not Play Games

Red Ring
Dec 4, 2010, 03:26 PM
Just downloaded psobb and eve online. harvested half a asteroid in eve online for 3 diff factions before turning it off. tested out a few pso characters trying to pick one even though i know itll be a RA and prob a cast cause they ubered them when they made iron faust and shit uber boss rapers.

so now i sit here saying why bother and start the cycle again. with these games. same may happen with pso2. i have serious doubts game makers make games properly anymore. they are all cookie cutter produced without that special touch that makes it just feel good to play.

we're all screwed.

joefro
Dec 4, 2010, 05:29 PM
Oh, you're back.

How exactly are we all screwed?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 4, 2010, 05:56 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbrw4mz6Bt1qbtoa8o1_500.png

There's also more than one way to play Guile games, not game's fault if you're all about DPS or combos only and won't ever understand the rest of the game, or enjoy doing anything else besides the same thing you've done over and over in a game with soo many options

Pirrip
Dec 4, 2010, 06:10 PM
I feel this way sometimes, but I really enjoy my games...
The only way I get to feeling like saying "Why Bother?" is when I have so much schoolwork to do or other work that I need to get done, like drawing.

KodiaX987
Dec 6, 2010, 03:51 PM
So you played EVE and you didn't even attempt to shoot people?

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4315/8a1etr6kk2.png

Nitro Vordex
Dec 6, 2010, 08:33 PM
I giggled when the title said he wasn't compelled to play games and his name was Red Ring.

So why are WE screwed? Maybe you should stop making your gameplay and time boring.

AC9breaker
Dec 7, 2010, 06:39 AM
lmao, the contents of the OP's first post are so ridiculously amusing since they are equating all games as being derivatives of EVE, the financial report stock clerks wet dream; and PSOBB a 6 year old game which is really a 10 year old game since thats when the first PSO game came out and there isn't much difference in the engine or anything.

Especially considering that this year in gaming has been such a ridiculously amazing year for games. Even if you where sticking only to PC games this year still had a lot to offer there is still such a plethora of amazing titles out there especially from the indie scene. Que Mt. T.

Zeek123
Dec 28, 2010, 03:31 PM
My suggestion would be to just get new games. Quit playing the same ones for years, and PSO 2 might feel like a new experience.

NegaTsukasa
Jan 3, 2011, 11:59 AM
I've been in this hole before. But then I realized from all the drawing and other work that I do, I need a little something to just sit to, recline, and play and get away from the other half of my life, even if it has been just playing a repetitive game like PSO, and I do it without focusing on combo's and ubering up my character and whatnot. Hell, one time I even made a PSO character and tried getting through the game with nothing but your starter weapons and the pre-given mats. y'know... challenging yourself in other fields to enjoy the game more.
"It's how you play the game, not what you do to get to the finish line and become the strongest. That makes it more fun and re-playable."

xmoonprismpowerx
Jan 3, 2011, 01:48 PM
There are still people out there who make good/fun/entertaining games. Phantasy Star series is pretty repetitive... but I'm looking forward to the new Bioshock/Mass Effect 3, etc. -=shrugs=- sometimes I have days where I refuse to turn on my xbox. I'll do something else. I don't want video games to take up ALL of my free time, or else I just hate it

venn2010
Jan 8, 2011, 12:53 AM
You don't even have to think so deep. If you enjoy it, you keep playing it. If you don't, then you stop.

It's not really about repetition or innovation... it's all about whether you're having fun or not.