PDA

View Full Version : What is the order of the PSU games story wise?

dias_flac_0g
Dec 4, 2010, 05:29 PM
Topic.

I know we have PSU, PSU AOTI, PSU portable, PSU Portable 2, and PSU Portable Infinity.

In what order are these games story wise?

I have not played any of the portable ones so i'm curious.

TenebriS
Dec 4, 2010, 05:42 PM
PSU, PSP 1, PSU AOTI, PSP 2, PSP 2 Infinity

ZER0 DX
Dec 5, 2010, 02:15 AM
Here's if you want a more compete PS experience:

PS -> PS II -> PS III -> PS IV -> PSZ -> PSO Episode 1 -> PSO Episode 2 -> PSO Episode 4 -> PSO Episode 3 -> PSU Episode 1 -> PSP1 -> Shadow of the Arkguard Moving comic up to chapter 5 -> AotI Episode 2 up to Chapter 9 -> Arkguard chapter 6 and AotI Episode 2 chapter 10 are pretty much concurrent with each other -> AotI Episode 3 -> PSP2 -> PSP2 Infinity -> PSO2.

Seth Astra
Dec 5, 2010, 02:18 AM
I'm pretty sure PSZ takes place after PSO. That, and the links between the 3 universes haven't quite been officially made yet.

Wayu
Dec 5, 2010, 02:38 AM
PSO and PSU are connected...somehow. I'd rather not guess at where they fall in the timeline, though I do agree that PSO2 would most likely fall at the end of the listing.

-Wayu

Sinue_v2
Dec 5, 2010, 10:15 PM
Here's if you want a more compete PS experience:

PS -> PS II -> PS III -> PS IV ->

Seth's right. PSZero takes place on Coral like 200 years after PSO.

Also, Phantasy Star III takes place either just after PSIV, or about 1,000 years after PSIV... depending on the version (JP or Eng). In either case, PSIII certainly ends after PSIV, since PSIV's storyline takes place over the course of a year or so, while PSIII's extends over three generations of heroes.

So it's: PS -> PSII -> PSIV -> PSIII -> PSO Ep I -> PSO Ep II -> PSO BB -> PSO Ep III -> PS0

And that's not counting PS:Gaiden (470 some years after PSI) and PS:Adventure (18 years before PSII). The Phantasy Star Memorial Drama CD, set three years before PSIV. Or the PS II text adventures which chronicle the back stories of the PSII cast from various intervals before the main game. But hey, might as well toss them in you're adding Shadow of the Arkguard.

Also, PSU wouldn't necessarily have to take place chronologically after PSO or PS... since none of the main series are confirmed to be integrated yet, and (afaik) there is no known analogous year designation for PSU by which to compare. For instance, PS used the "Space Century" (SC) and AW "After Waizz" (AW) calenders, while PSO used the "After Unification War" (AUW). PSIV takes place in AW 2284, while PSO Ep I occurs in AUW 3084... 800 years later if connected. (AW and AUW could possibly refer to the same event, since Waizz Landale had the year designation named after him due to his military campaign that unified all of Palma... however since Mother Brain attempted to erase all traces of the Landale royal family from history so as to remove a significant challenge to her authority, it's possible that "AW" could eventually get changed to "AUW" since the fact that unification wars occurred were never contested... only that royal line extended from it. Though that would have to make Coral a "lost colony" of Algol from before the Great Collapse... since PSO's civilization definitely does NOT descend from Algol directly.)

/nitpick

XbikXBd
Dec 6, 2010, 01:20 AM
from latest vids of infinity it seems PSO PSU and Infinity are connected ie Pioneer 2 flying above the castle area....

Sinue_v2
Dec 6, 2010, 02:05 AM
Could be... or it could be Pioneer 3... or it could be just some *wink wink, nudge nudge* that's never explicitly or directly linked to PSO. Just like the Space Ship ruins on Ragol could be the Alisa III or the Neo-Palm, or a *wink wink, nudge nudge* to fans of the classics.

unicorn
Dec 6, 2010, 03:01 AM
I thought I read somewhere that PSO is in an alternate dimension around the same time as PS IV?

Darki
Dec 6, 2010, 06:32 AM
Well, there "has to be" some connection. You're throwing timelines and arguments and theories but you're forgetting the obvious:

We have in PSU four areas related to PSO. Forest, Caves, Mines and Ruins. There's even a "VR dvice" that uses thoses areas and were created by a "Dr. Montague" found in Rycross, where Dark Falz appears (even if it's in the shape of a giant penisfish).

No matter what kind of connection is there, but there IS one, especially when it has been even part of the story mode (I mean, is not like putting the Soul Eater in the game and adding a pun description about "a parallel dimension", bassically the second half of the plot in Episode 3 revolves about that). And then in PSPo2 there's Olga Flow and that huge ship that probably is one of the Pioneers.

Then, throw any theory you want to make it make sense till official answer.

Mike
Dec 6, 2010, 07:42 AM
I thought I read somewhere that PSO is in an alternate dimension around the same time as PS IV?
If we're talking alternate dimensions, when things occur in relation to the other dimension doesn't really matter. When the dimensions intersect is what's important.

EDIT: And to be accurate PSP2 [story mode] -> PSP2i -> PSP2 [ending]. It sounds confusing but there is a year in between the defeat of the last boss of PSP2 and it's ending and Infinity is supposed to fill that gap.

Sinue_v2
Dec 6, 2010, 09:00 AM
Well, there "has to be" some connection. etc... etc...

It's explained as coming from a dimensional rift within a relics site. Yes, I suppose that could put PSO and PSU within the same overall arc in and of itself, but it could also justify the existence of Cloud Strife, Commander Shepard, and Colonel Sanders in the PSU universe as well. Essentially, it's pointless as a mechanism for connecting storylines unless Sonic Team sets up some kind of framework for a multiverse which connects the various PS mythos yet establishes clear limitations on just what is or isn't in the PS multiverse.

And Rykros never had anything at all to do with Phantasy Star Online. It was a planet from the Algol solar system of PS Classic... and aside from it's being undetectable until the climax of the storyline, it was nothing at all like PSU's silly re-imagined version. Hell, the entire "Containment System" and "Unification Point" component of PSU's storyline (which the Relics are integral to) is lifted directly from the classic PS titles.

It's just another piece of fan service fluff from a game that is practically defined by it's storyline being a stitched together Frankenstein's monster of re-purposed classic PS & PSO plot points and character references. (And the result here wasn't any prettier IMO than Frankenstein's results)

I almost don't even know if it's possible for Sonic Team to make any kind of a real connection between PSO & PSU, let alone PS Classic, at this point. Well, one that's satisfying, creative, and makes any damn sense at all at any rate.

Darki
Dec 6, 2010, 02:51 PM
Well, as you and I said, there's the thing about the weapons, of course, that's completely random. But my point is simpler than that.

In the story mode and the story missions, and also the story-mode linked event, MAG, there's no Cloud Strife, Colonel Sanders or Commander Shepard. But there are Forest, Caves, Mines and Ruins. There's a Dr. Montague, and there's a Dark Falz and an Olga Flow. For me it doesn't matter what's on the items descriptions at all, or weird partner characters and shits like that, but from my point of view, the hint that it has an important role in the game plot might mean that there's an actual connection.

Omega-z
Dec 6, 2010, 08:13 PM
I may have a theory on Rykros but I need more info on all the planets, in the classic, PSO, PSU series to even make sure it fit the connon. so far that I have read Palma blows up in PSII correct?...and how much adv. was the people of P2 if land on Rykros and thought it was a lone planet? but I need more info on coral and were it fit`s in to the connon and if coral is earth? heard that some where But mite be a rumor? I 'll give a better answer once I educate myself more lol. But one thing for sure it`s getting interstising at the least.:)

Anduril
Dec 6, 2010, 09:17 PM
I may have a theory on Rykros but I need more info on all the planets, in the classic, PSO, PSU series to even make sure it fit the connon. so far that I have read Palma blows up in PSII correct?...and how much adv. was the people of P2 if land on Rykros and thought it was a lone planet? but I need more info on coral and were it fit`s in to the connon and if coral is earth? heard that some where But mite be a rumor? I 'll give a better answer once I educate myself more lol. But one thing for sure it`s getting interstising at the least.:)
In PS0 Coral goes by the name Earth after the "Great Blank;" so it's Earth in the sense of Earth meaning soil or dirt.

Sinue_v2
Dec 6, 2010, 10:17 PM
In the story mode and the story missions, and also the story-mode linked event, MAG, there's no Cloud Strife, Colonel Sanders or Commander Shepard. But there are Forest, Caves, Mines and Ruins. There's a Dr. Montague, and there's a Dark Falz and an Olga Flow.

But the PSO levels and characters in PSU are not the actual locations. They are a VR training simulation reconstructed out of data discovered in the Relics site. The data was even said to have been corrupted, forcing the Guardians R&D department to fill in the missing gaps with data from Gurhalian monsters. That's why the PSO areas are not faithful reconstructions of the originals, and why most of the enemies fought are stock PSU enemies.

And besides... Colonel Sanders is in PSU, apparently.

so far that I have read Palma blows up in PSII correct?

Correct. It was reduced to little more than a scattered asteroid belt. Here's an image of the Algolian Solar system in PSIV. (The "Tie Fighter" looking icons represent artificial satellite systems Zelan and Kuran)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/starchart.png?t=1291693220

...and how much adv. was the people of P2 if land on Rykros and thought it was a lone planet?

Pioneer 2 never landed on Rykros. Rykros is a small, barren, crystalline planet that was never discovered or colonized previously in the series. The only clue that it existed was that on it's millennial transit, it would cause an eclipse on Dezolis. This eclipse became significant in Dezolian religion, as they would light torches during the times the sun faded, and it's from where the Eclipse Torch derives it's origin. The spiritually resonant metal Laconium would also glow faintly upon the approach of Rykros due to the spiritual energies it was infused with. After all, that was the last watchtower of the Great Light's influence where it's subordinates kept vigil for the time the Seal would be destroyed, so that they could bestow upon the chosen protectors the means by which to face the darkness once and for all.

(Here's an image of Rykros in PSIV, to give you an idea of it's composition and landscape. Never mind that Alys is there... apparently this guy was modding his game via emulation)
[spoiler-box]http://gazetadealgol.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/0191.PNG[/spoiler-box]

but I need more info on coral and were it fit`s in to the connon and if coral is earth?

As it is with the storylines disconnected, there's really nothing prohibiting Coral from being a future Earth. If they ARE connected via the Space Ship ruins, then Coral must be it's own planet that simply highly resembles Earth. This is because the ultimate villains of PSII are... us. Earthlings. We were there to conquer Algol because we had utterly destroyed our own home, and set adrift among the stars. (Numans originally were designed to be disposable biosoldiers that would wipe out Algol's native population, and then die out within a few years. That's why they are all traditionally female, develop to maturity within a year, and from there have short and uncertain lifespans)

The true status of Earth is never confirmed in the series, so it's possible that some of it's residents survived and recovered after the first exodus... rebuilt... and the new civilization to arise became Coral, which then was destroyed by the Mother Project shortly after the events of PSO - leading up to the events of PSZero. It could possibly explain the existence of Dark Falz on Earth/Coral as well, since one of the endings of PSIII has the Alisa III landing on Earth. This is typically seen as the source of where the Earthlings got their coordinates and information on Algol... as well as possibly the drive to go there and try to conquer it, being influenced by a "defeated but not dead" Dark Force. This would explain why the Earthlings decided to completely obliterate Palma the way they did... to try to destroy the seal. The thing is, he's generally assumed to be the same one you fight aboard the Noah. So he couldn't be on Coral/Earth.

Several Dark Force's were released once Palma was destroyed, and the seal weakened substantially. These DF's immediately set out to destroy the fleeing worldships... and many others were destoryed by debris from the planet. A few of them did manage to defeat the Dark Forces attacking them and had escaped the Algol solar system. The Alisa III and Neo-Palm are two of these... so it's possible that the Spaceship Ruins on Ragol were one of these other worldships, with Alisa III's landing on Earth being the canon ending to PSIII. And if I remember correctly, Coral only discovered Ragol after being hit by a meteorite infected with D-Cells... so it's possible that the Dark Falz which corrupted Mother, and that you fight in PSZero was somehow transferred this way after it's defeat in PSO Ep III. You can destroy it's corporeal bodies... but the consciousness, the essence, of Dark Force cannot seemingly be destroyed by any known means... except maybe through the use of Laconium weapons, which are not present in PSO/PSU.

But that's getting awfully convoluted and sketchy. I wouldn't be satisfied with that answer if Sonic Team went that direction. Too many plot holes and stretching of the plot points.

heard that some where But mite be a rumor? I 'll give a better answer once I educate myself more lol. But one thing for sure it`s getting interstising at the least.:)

I've also heard a rumor that PSO2 might try to tie together the entire series... but the evidence for it is specious at best. It's basically based on the idea that PSO2's logo shows the intermingling orbits of seven planets (Presumably: Palma, Parum, Motavia, Moatoob, Dezolis, Newdaiz, and Ragol... the two known solar systems with dimensional seals and the planet which ties the two systems together. The two Rykros planets wouldn't apparently count since they are typically not seen as part of the iconic dimensional seals. Algol's served only as a watchtower of the light, and PSU's as fortress of the dark. Though technically there was a confinement system on PSU's Rykros, meaning it would be part of the seal. *Shrug*) There is also speculative talk that Rieko Kodama of the original Phantasy Star series may be coming back to help with PSO2 due to an interview in Nintendo Power earlier this year in which they asked her about her current project. She apparently just smiled and said "That's classified". Which could mean anything really... either her involvement in a new Phantasy Star game, a new Skies of Arcadia, or equally as likely it could mean she's working on some new bullshit brain training game.

The only other link is that she mentioned ideas for Phantasy Star V that never became a game... ideas like "Is the Great Light really good?" "Is the Profound Darkness really evil?" The idea of getting to the core of the struggle between the two, and perhaps even having to destroy the Great Light. The PSO2 teaser trailer also mentions the "Great Light" and some of these questions.

I wouldn't get my hopes up that the rumors pan out though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Omega-z
Dec 6, 2010, 11:42 PM
Anduril and Sinue ty for the response, I did check out the planets a little more and may have theory even tho some places may be out there but possible too. 1 thing bugging me is that zero is supposedly was pre-quil of PSO but I`m hearing to be after wards if so it may change how it happens during that part of my theory. other wise have both ways already thought out. was pretty easy to figure actually; given the clues with the new trailer tho which still can be something completely different too in the story once it comes out.:) let me know which 1 is correct with Zero so I pitch my theory and see what you think?:)

Sinue_v2
Dec 6, 2010, 11:55 PM
1 thing bugging me is that zero is supposedly was pre-quil of PSO but I`m hearing to be after wards if so it may change how it happens during that part of my theory.

PSZero takes place two hundred years after PSO, and is by no means a prequel. The "Zero" portion of the title is merely an allusion to the fact that it takes place on Coral, which is the seat and origin planet from which PSO's storyline ultimately springs. Some portions of PSZero's storyline are directly tied to the events which, two centuries ago, set Phantasy Star Online's story into motion.

Omega-z
Dec 7, 2010, 01:51 AM
I want to say Thank You to all that with did Theory, And Yes it`s a theory and not Cannon what so ever.

I`m got start with Earth as starting point. sorry in adv for misspelling names; Earth--->Angol (Human grew to expore space and stettled on Palma, ie Earth knew where Palma was. People on palma grew so great to be superhuman and got cocky and started a War that engulf the whole solar system one side for freedom and peace and the other side for control and hate. The light side of peace won and banished the dark side in a Rift which need to be guarded but they didn`t want to influnce the balance of nature decided to leave it in charge of there offspring and the natives of each planet. then they hid themselfs in the solar system. After Time the one's guarding A-photon ractors the key in restoring the seal given to them a.k.a the Anicent's at that time forgot the propose of them.)Then you have PS I in the Angol system. then PS II with Palma going boom. then PS III, now this is the tricky part of it there is four ending after Palma get blown up and the DF go everywhere (a.k.a the satilites and others) what "if" lol yeah "If" 3 of the four ending are all correct that Alissya III did meet up with Neo Plam but Neo Plam know that DF was on Alissya III left them and set out on it`s own and ended up at Earth(after the earthmen left) later called Coral then Earth again, then Alissya III unaware of the black hole because of all the fighting from going crazy. Got spilt into 2 forms of itself 1 ending up at earth in the past and the other ending up at a planet which it crash in to was planet of Ragol after PSIV resealing.) then in PSIV after the lose of Palma the survivor's on the other planet's did there best in resealing the darkness using a fourth planet named Rykros which had spirit type of being(hmm Anicent maybe?) to use the A-photon Reactors again to sub-seal it again with help of some weapons. after that because of the harsh enviroment on Delirios and Melotia everything died. then on Coral thing started destablize and started the Pioneer Project After metorite hit Coral so they trace it back to Ragol.) then starts PSO:) , then PS Zero back at Coral renamed Earth, After PSO, (History lost from Countless Wars rements rebuild to start PSU), now theory What "if" because of the trailer for PSPi what if Parum is actually Rykors of old lol yeah I know rite, but what if Pioneer actually went to Rykros calling it Ragol thinking it was Angol or Palma which as gone by them and explains why it was the only planet too since it take 1000 years to travel closer to the other planets in the system. and by the time PSU starts the history was lost the system was renamed Gurahl and the 2 planets stablized deliros turning into newdaz and metolia turning into matoob and Parum(a.k.a maybec lol Ragol, orginal Rykros) and at the end of PSU EP3 that dark planet was all the asdorids and the A-photon reactor that survived the destuction of Palma and hidden DF and howzer fused Palma or (a.k.a Dark Rykros together on the far side of the sun hidden out of site. now some things are that a pioneer ship is coming out of the ground what looks like Parum and the gaint cube anicent ship thing too. that and Profound darkness is back too seen him at 37 sec in film maybe talking to that duman chick maybec or fighting don't know and we see that we have 4 reactors again after the fused planet then it goes bye bye again and sub-space lol but there's most likely anicents in it maybec regerting how they handled things?

Sorry for the wall of text but what does everyone think about it? if I`m off then I`m sorry if I am it's just a theory and that's it just a thought lol Have fun and enjoy Reading, or laughing at it it's fine.:):rappy:

dias_flac_0g
Dec 7, 2010, 07:03 PM
You guys took this waaaaaay too far. I just wanted a simple explinating not like huge paragraphs as to why they are connected and stuff... xD

Also, I dont really care about the old PS'. I just care about PSO and up.

Regardless, I think I got my answer. Thanks guys.

Darki
Dec 7, 2010, 08:55 PM
The probem is that your question was a bit more in-deep than you though. xD