PDA

View Full Version : DAE wish they never heard PSO2 was being made?

ChronoTrigga
Dec 8, 2010, 05:51 AM
This wait is KILLING me....I still want it to be made of course, but I wish I didn't know about it...ya know?

Wayu
Dec 8, 2010, 06:02 AM
We'd know about it sooner or later. SEGA kinda wants us to anticipate it in order to get more sales, yeah?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to PSPo2i for now. PSO2 comes after that, FFXIII Versus as well.

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Dec 8, 2010, 07:01 AM
Yeah then I'd only have to semi worry about getting a PSP for Psp2i.

Atleast give us some famitsu scans, so I can stop worry about everyone looking like cavemen with pso's artstyle. D:

/looks at countdown till next E3/tokyo game show

Wayu
Dec 8, 2010, 07:40 AM
Unfortunately, we don't have any other solid information about PSO2 other than its logo and that it's called "Phantasy Star Online 2".

-Wayu

DuRaL
Dec 8, 2010, 12:52 PM
you mean it's called "Phantasy Star Online 2", not Portable 2, right? ;)

i'd expect a new (aka first) trailer on PSO's 10th anniversary on december, 21st.. it's only a guess, tho

BIG OLAF
Dec 8, 2010, 02:01 PM
i'd expect a new (aka first) trailer on PSO's 10th anniversary on december, 21st.. it's only a guess, tho

That's actually a good prediction; I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully Sega will do something like that. It would make sense.

Yuicihi
Dec 8, 2010, 02:47 PM
I actually would have been happy with just a remake, if we got anything at all. Hearing that we were going to get PSO2 was an amazing night.

Quiet anticipation. Playing through my backlog so that I can add more games to my backlog. Maybe you can try playing more Phantasy Star?

AlexCraig
Dec 8, 2010, 03:53 PM
Personally, I'd like to hear next year that the release is being delayed. That would, at least to me, signify that they are still working on it, possibly making the game better than it would have been on the initial release date. Gives them more time to work out bugs, add more content, and work things out better.

CAMPSO
Dec 8, 2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah i'd rather have them take their sweet time to make a great game than rush it and it turns out to be crap.

DuRaL
Dec 8, 2010, 04:41 PM
Personally, I'd like to hear next year that the release is being delayed. That would, at least to me, signify that they are still working on it, possibly making the game better than it would have been on the initial release date. Gives them more time to work out bugs, add more content, and work things out better.

i remember PSU was to come out in march, then was delayed like 1 month prior to its release and eventually came out in august/september in japan.. what did it help? ~_^

AlexCraig
Dec 8, 2010, 06:18 PM
To some it did. To some it didn't. Regardless, it could have been worse had the delay not happened. I was more or less alluding to Zelda: Twilight Princess. I personally think the game was phenominal (albeit missing side material), and it was delayed constantly.

Wayu
Dec 8, 2010, 07:45 PM
you mean it's called "Phantasy Star Online 2", not Portable 2, right? ;)

Whoops. Herpaderpaderp.

That's a good prediction. Where will this trailer appear, though?

-Wayu

Chaobo99
Dec 8, 2010, 07:54 PM
It's possible for them to use things they've already made, and just re-render them wth new artistic improvements and a higher-standard for graphics. It's possible for them to use PSU as a base and add in everything fo PSO2. If done right, they can create a base game for us to enjoy/release sooner w/ a lvl cap of 50 for us to start out and implement a vast amount of content via downloads every week. Sort of like how AOTI was done. The start will be rocky yes, but it can be done I suppose. Just as long as it's not "locked content" on disk.

Of course, creating a rush project and doing it incorrectly is a risk Sega should maybe not take.

Dongra
Dec 8, 2010, 08:04 PM
That would certainly make a nice demo anyway. If they release the game like that then they are asking to get screwed.

Wayu
Dec 8, 2010, 08:19 PM
I'd rather have SEGA take their time on this game than release a hasty demo.

-Wayu

Dragwind
Dec 9, 2010, 09:09 PM
To some it did. To some it didn't. Regardless, it could have been worse had the delay not happened. I was more or less alluding to Zelda: Twilight Princess. I personally think the game was phenominal (albeit missing side material), and it was delayed constantly.

I agree with that title being an absolutely amazing addition to the series that I personally ranked right next to OoT and LttP, but that's besides the point. I really hope they take their sweet time to perfect everything in PSO2 down to the smallest details.

Checkmate
Dec 10, 2010, 12:03 AM
Yeah i'd rather have them take their sweet time to make a great game than rush it and it turns out to be crap.

^This all the way. I'd hate to see it go the way of Final Fantasy 14 and release a half finished game and implement improvements and game content in small patches which led it to being on many "Worst of 2010" lists.

Take all the time you need, SEGA. Just gimme an Alpha testing to play around in for awhile ^^;

Kent
Dec 10, 2010, 03:09 AM
^This all the way. I'd hate to see it go the way of Final Fantasy 14 and release a half finished game and implement improvements and game content in small patches which led it to being on many "Worst of 2010" lists.
Not to go off-topic, but there was an interesting development in the case of FFXIV, just today.

Basically, the producer stepped down, the development team got shuffled around to different people in many positions, the free trial period has been extended until further notice, all for the sake of redemption... And the PS3 version has been delayed until further notice.

I'm not sure what to think of it, really. (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c499e4c5df4f3f0fde1fb47a28574cb9c3991c9f )

lostinseganet
Dec 12, 2010, 10:48 AM
I totally want to know so we can give input in the alpha stage.

ZEROthefirst
Dec 16, 2010, 07:04 AM
Only reason I won't want this is if they make it like PSU then i'll have to hate sega for doing it

ChaosAngel92
Dec 16, 2010, 04:57 PM
The wait is killing me too.
I'm going insane here.

ChronoTrigga
Dec 23, 2010, 09:28 AM
+1 to insane membranes. I might have to freeze myself and have someone thaw me out when the time arrives for PSO2's release.