PDA

View Full Version : Fan Art Ami's Art Dump O SNAP!*part deux* (updated: 07/28/2011)

Ami
Dec 8, 2010, 08:22 AM
As suggested by Mimo a link to part uno of my art dump (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176156)

Anyway obligatory Deviantart link (http://mirror-alchemist.deviantart.com) I always update there first so please check that out. Also I've started to write down Ami's concrete backstory and uploaded. It'll be under
"PS-The Life and Times" subgallery in my gallery. >.<

I now has a Tumblr account. Blog that has no name (http://mirror-alchemist.tumblr.com) is basically my image dump and short ideas about my other characters.

My main love is digital, using Bamboo Fun and Paint Tool SAI. But recently, I've gotten into traditional with colored pencils. This is moreso of a hobby for me, but I'm trying to not look like complete crap >o>. Tips are fine, just not flat out criticism, I can't take those too well.

As usual, you can try to ask to have me draw your character, but it goes like
procrastination > females (with visual reference) > headshot > any other subject

Enough of my wall-o-text psst: update format is still gonna be the same; I'll provide a link to the newest piece at the top of this post, with something witty.

[spoiler-box]
First thing digital I did when I got my new harddrive. Sorry if it's a bit bright, was doodling to get back into the feel of using my tablet.
188867184 [/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]
Ami in her main outfit in PSPo2. I wanted to go adult-like but innocent (?) at the same time with her pose
The pencil sketch can be found here (http://mirror-alchemist.deviantart.com/art/Time-skippin-black-and-white-188876919)[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]
Ami again, but looking more adultish. I think the face features are a bit too high, now that I look at it :l This was more so trying to see how I fare from working from a reference.
188877225[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]
Ami, one more time. Drew her in the black Guardians Uniform. I saw a tutorial on coloring with colored pencils and applied some of those on this. Though you really can't see it.
188877318[/spoiler-box]

TenebriS
Dec 8, 2010, 08:59 AM
looks nice :3

i like first pic mooooost, so bright colors *-* nicey :D

Ami
Dec 8, 2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah, though I shouldn't make it too bright. It strains my eyes @~@

TenebriS
Dec 8, 2010, 10:49 AM
well, i love it bright, but thats not everyones taste ^^
for me sure this looks amazing x3

Ami
Dec 8, 2010, 07:42 PM
I really have been drawing alot @~@

[spoiler-box]188921223[/spoiler-box]

Wayu
Dec 8, 2010, 08:26 PM
When I saw this topic I was half expecting nude Hyuga drawings o.0.

Asides from that, nice job.

-Wayu

Broken_L_button
Dec 9, 2010, 01:07 AM
I like the first one a lot. Well, actually, I like them all; the way you drew the characters gives them a flowing, elegant form. And the colored drawings, for some reason, make me feel all happy and fuzzy inside (I guess it's because of the bright colors you used on them). Good job!

Ami
Dec 10, 2010, 06:48 AM
Cold as hell + no sleep =

[SPOILER-BOX]189095689[/SPOILER-BOX]

Mimo
Dec 10, 2010, 02:07 PM
You're not gonna link your old thread here? You're getting better and I think ppl would like to see your older work to compare.

Ami
Dec 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
I should, but as you can see, it was fairly early in the morning, so yeah

*goes to find it*

Mimo
Dec 10, 2010, 05:07 PM
Should I go bump it one last time? lol jk Oh, I should mention now that seeing all your traditional stuff has made me try color pencils again. -since I don't even have a working tablet- ;w; I'll take a picture of it when I'm done ^^

Outrider
Dec 10, 2010, 05:12 PM
Are you just using a mouse? Eesh, I did that for awhile and it was super painful. My hand would cramp up like crazy. You should get a tablet! They're great.

Newegg has a handful for under $100, and you can probably find similar prices on Amazon. They might not be the best (there aren't any full-sized Wacoms at that price), but it might be good as a starter tablet.

Regardless - I'm extra impressed that you're doing this kind of work using just a mouse.

Ami
Dec 10, 2010, 07:30 PM
@Mimo : I know. It's fun using colored pencils again :3

@Outrider: Nah, I use a tablet. With being left-handed and all D: *glomps her tablet*

Outrider
Dec 10, 2010, 08:31 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding. READING IS HARD SOMETIMES, YOU GUYS.

Ami
Dec 10, 2010, 08:38 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding. READING IS HARD SOMETIMES, YOU GUYS.
If it makes you feel any better, I did start out using a mouse >w>

So that I don't double post:

Decided to use some new textures that I got for SAI. Makes doing simple backgrounds a lot easier @ ~@b

[SPOILER-BOX]189173816[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ami
Dec 13, 2010, 09:27 PM
OH SNAP A MALE!!

This is Ashelyn "Ashe" Flowen. The lone male of the group. I figured that I should finish up of my Meet series.

I just realized, I never did one for Ami in her PSPo2 attire. But since I'm writing a fic devoted to her, I decided not to.

Rieana will be laterish while Akumi's isn't until the PSPo2i demo. Since I don't know how I'll dress her in game.

[SPOILER-BOX]189511920[/SPOILER-BOX]

Pirrip
Dec 13, 2010, 09:28 PM
Snazzy tie! ^^
I've a hound-demon character with a similar name, Ashlin.

Ami
Dec 15, 2010, 11:07 PM
Lol :3

So yeah Mimo challenged me on DA to do a frontal portrait. CONSIDER YOUR CHALLENGE ACCEPTED D<

No but seriously, I realized that I don't do many frontal shots when she pointed it out so I'm like "Let me do one."

It's a WIP (and you need to click for full screen; nevermind the green, it's to help me see better with the lighter tones)
EDIT: kinda unrelated but I'm picking up my new pair of glasses tomorrow so maybe it'll help with my vision related errors in future works.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/th_Akumiwip.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Akumiwip.jpg)

Ami
Dec 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
With a new pair of glasses and stuff it's finshed.

I actually finished not too long after I had posted the WIP but I was too lazy to update.

[SPOILER-BOX]189742780[/SPOILER-BOX]

Mimo
Dec 16, 2010, 07:34 PM
I dub thee a thumbs up. The nose looks a little off to the side, but it's no big deal. I also have trouble doing frontal shots, cuz of getting symmetrical proportions on facial features. I should do one sometime this week. ^^

Ami
Dec 17, 2010, 08:51 AM
yeah D:

I had to change the rough sketch more than I would have liked because everything kept on looking lopsided. I'll probably oractice more too.

qoxolg
Dec 17, 2010, 12:26 PM
Humans don't have symmetrical faces anyway.. :wacko:

Good try though! Now it's time for you to draw lower body and legs. If you have problems with drawing those, try for once to draw the skeleton first in an underlying layer, and after that sketch the body over it.

Mimo
Dec 17, 2010, 02:06 PM
^Um, in anime they are! haha. A humans face isn't asymetric to an obvious extent... unless you get in a car crash and one side of your faced is fuckd! XD blehe.

I think that Ami should keep trying to draw the top half until Ami feels comfortable with the style/proportions, then work her way down! Though, sometimes in body shots that you do Ami, I notice that your heads come out bigger. This indicates a greater emphasis that you do feel better at drawing heads. You will get the hang of adjusting. Until then goodluck and hope you don't mind my suggestions. x)

Ami
Dec 17, 2010, 05:06 PM
nah nah I don't mind suggestions, criticisms make me cry D:

But yeah, I should practice with hands and stuff, but they turn out so pooptastic and looks like humps for fingers D:

Mimo
Dec 17, 2010, 08:00 PM
At school we always do critiques and the prof. looks at me like.. "did you get all that?" I just nod my head, but my brain is too dumb to understand wth just happened. Therefore I can't cry since I dont understand. :3 hehee

We should do a funny collab someday. You can draw the body and I'll attach the head! XD

Ami
Dec 22, 2010, 08:16 PM
With me being off from work until the 3rd I have plenty of time to draw *cue all nighters* :'D

[SPOILER-BOX]190437328[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ami
Dec 24, 2010, 08:43 PM
So meet the loli of my group :'D

[SPOILER-BOX]
190796879[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ami
Jan 6, 2011, 01:27 AM
Been awhile@~@

With Infinity demo coming out, I drew Ami as she appears in Infinity. Her old glasses broke so she got a new pair. It's purple frames this time :'D

[SPOILER-BOX]192361480[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ami
Feb 3, 2011, 09:24 PM
It's been quite a while. With work and computer problems again and PSPo2i I haven't had the time to draw, much less update. This would seem old news for those who watch me on Deviantart.

[spoiler-box]I draw when I figure out sleep would be pointless for the rest of the night @~@

The title is part of "Fly me to the Moon". I love it when it was playing on Evangelion >w>
196080544[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]This is Rieana as she looks in PSPo2i. She's supposed to look younger. But I think I drew her too tall <O<. Also I forgot to draw the wings from the outfit OTL
195989946[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]Mimo did lineart of Hyuga for me to color. So I did it. I worked mostly in the original format since my new computer could handle it now
192584199[/spoiler-box]

Mimo
Feb 5, 2011, 12:00 AM
-gasp- I don't remember seeing the second one. Good job on that one O: I wonder how you get your colors to look so vibrant >_< I suck at traditional media.. I've lost my touch ;w; -hugs pen tablet-

Ami
Feb 5, 2011, 12:43 AM
Oh I mess with the Hue and saturation with it on SAI before uploading.

Ami
Feb 5, 2011, 03:16 PM
I got bored again

[spoiler-box]Ashelyn
196290667[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]Not PS related, but I love how it turned out.
196290298[/spoiler-box]

TenebriS
Feb 5, 2011, 03:32 PM
My eyes get happy when you get bored ^^

you draw really nicely :3

Ami
Feb 5, 2011, 08:30 PM
oh thanks @~@

Mimo
Feb 6, 2011, 02:56 PM
I like the second one as well.

-edit- uh nvm. XD

Ami
Feb 6, 2011, 03:26 PM
lololol

Mimo
Feb 6, 2011, 07:12 PM
zomg I'm an ASS D: I meant "uh nvm' to some extra stuff I deleted, something about the green colors on the first one.. Anyways, I really like the second one is what I mean!! It's really gorgush ;w;

Ami
Feb 6, 2011, 07:16 PM
lol I know you never mean to be offensive. It's pretty hard to get me legit angry anyway

But thank you. I did it spur of the moment and as fast as possible

Broken_L_button
Feb 6, 2011, 08:43 PM
Such vibrant colors! I like your new drawings a lot! Keep it up!

Xefi
Feb 7, 2011, 01:18 AM
zomg I'm an ASS D: I meant "uh nvm' to some extra stuff I deleted, something about the green colors on the first one.. Anyways, I really like the second one is what I mean!! It's really gorgush ;w;

Mimo chin is an ASS. *joking* :3

@Ami: i second that second one too. the eyes are really beautifully done. keep up the awesome work! :cake:

qoxolg
Feb 7, 2011, 05:13 PM
You're doing a good job lately Ami. It's good to see you get better and how it makes you want to draw even more!

Ami
Feb 9, 2011, 07:44 AM
@~@ Haven't heard from you in a while.

Thanks, it's a bit overwhelming to be getting all these compliments

qoxolg
Feb 9, 2011, 02:53 PM
I am busy with actually sketching/drawing comic pages. I Will try to draw some art everything now and then :)

Ami
Feb 9, 2011, 02:57 PM
I see, at any rate it's good to hear from you :3

Ami
Feb 11, 2011, 07:33 PM
I just had a feeling to draw something.

[spoiler-box]197057700
[/spoiler-box]

Mimo
Feb 12, 2011, 02:16 AM
;w; Ami looks super cute in that one.

Ami
Feb 12, 2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks, I was working on adding fly-away strands to make it not look so blocky.

Ami
Feb 15, 2011, 06:00 PM
Happy late valentines day *grumbles something about hating it*

[SPOILER-BOX]197579950[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ami
Feb 20, 2011, 09:26 PM
Yuber's alt Alenia again. I was boreded.
It's pretty much the answer to everything I do now isn't it?

[SPOILER-BOX]198232306[/SPOILER-BOX]

Linka
Feb 20, 2011, 09:27 PM
...looks...strangely...familiar...wish i knew why....

Ami
Feb 23, 2011, 08:12 AM
I have nary a clue.

Anywho, backed up TRADITIONAL EFF YEAH

[spoiler-box]Ami in that one outfit. Scanner eated up my colors so I had to do some color adjustments in SAI.

198540396[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]The sketch of Rieana that lead to the full body previously shown. Shading the leaf was my favorite part :3
198540682[/spoiler-box]

and some dead sketches (http://mirror-alchemist.deviantart.com/art/Dead-sketches-198540866)

Ami
Feb 27, 2011, 04:20 PM
So I drew Akumi in Lunar Phophecy. But due to the nature that the outfit is slutty, I put it on my sketch dump/PSPo2i image blog

Not a shameless plug (http://mirror-alchemist.tumblr.com/post/3550585131/light-nsfw-warning-akumi-finally-in-her-dream) (I finally saw what was NSFWish, the WIP, so this links to the actual finished product. Mild NSFW warning still apply)

Apparently since I put a warning on DA you need to have an account there. So this is just easier for everyone. >o>

Yes, the big chest is intentional.

Mimo
Feb 27, 2011, 04:42 PM
Hory shet, that's hawt D:

let me do some fanart of her sometime, yeh?

kazuuya
Feb 27, 2011, 05:02 PM
Wow I agree totally with Mimo! The picture is really amazing, and wonderfully detailed, I just love how much effort you put into the tiny details of that outfit. *A* And that hair! I can't say it enough but I love it. xD That outfit does fit Akumi really good btw! You did really improve much, and quick Ami! ^_^

Ami
Feb 27, 2011, 05:36 PM
@Mimo : oh yeah sure, I just need to put together some better screens of Akumi. All my infinity attention had been on Ami.

@Kazuuya : Thanks I didn't even realize that much stuff was on there D:

Linka
Feb 27, 2011, 05:44 PM
...i never thought of this before, but considering how things are between Sakura Ikanita and Linka in the winter vacation RP thread, think you can do a pic of the two hugging? i can give the details of their looks, based on in-game details right now, so hold on asec.

Linka's got pink hair, with the hairstyle being number 60 on PSPo2 vanilla, with the hat being green, being average height, maxed bust, green hanaura set, and a newman. oh, and Linka has no face module.

meanwhile, Saku's alittle taller, a cast, same bust, pink hair, cast style 42 hairstyle with accessory 5, gimnael torso CV[red on sides, sky blue in middle stripe], Epicarel legs CV[most of lower legs are that same blue], RAcaseal arms[mostly red here], the newman-style 'ears', and face module type 5.

if you really want, do one of the two kissing. they be in love, nao. >.>...what? Saku's alittle more 'human-like' than other casts cause she's designed to partially run off actual live human organs.

Broken_L_button
Feb 27, 2011, 07:03 PM
Nice stuff as always, Ami! The way you colored Akumi makes the picture give off that "soft" feeling. Keep it up!!

Ami
Feb 27, 2011, 07:08 PM
@Linka : Sorry, not taking requests at this time.

@Broken L : Thank you. Anything to avoid doing black lineart O ^Ob

Linka
Feb 27, 2011, 09:11 PM
well, thanks anyway. if you ever feel like doing it for absolutely no reason whatsoever...go ahead. you got the details you should need to do it, now. if you do, i would like a small favor. make sure to do two versions. a regular version, and one that can be used as a profile pic...incase i decide to want a pic of the two as a profile pic at some point.

Ami
Mar 10, 2011, 12:47 PM
Sick as a dog but still I draw. The first non player character Infinity US fanart no?

[spoiler-box]200427236[/spoiler-box]

Broken_L_button
Mar 10, 2011, 12:58 PM
:D

I love the facial expression you gave her. It goes so well with her personality. And the snowflakes gently falling to the ground complement that picture so well...Even though they're reminding me I'll eventually break my back while getting rid of the pile of snow outside XD

Anyways, I hope you get well soon and keep up the good work!

Ami
Mar 10, 2011, 01:11 PM
Nagisa's such a woobie, I love her. Not more than Hyuga, but it's there

Linka
Mar 10, 2011, 01:15 PM
....you realize you just set yourself up to get someone out there to draw Ami being assaulted with kisses by Nagisa, now, right?

Ami
Mar 10, 2011, 01:19 PM
There's nothing wrong with les yay, unless it gets into squick.

Linka
Mar 10, 2011, 01:24 PM
....like Wayu x female Shizuru?....also, excuse me while i hide to ensure saying that doesn't get me killed.*hides now*

Mimo
Mar 11, 2011, 08:13 PM
Nice picture on Nagisa, I didn't even realize the color of her eyes until now. And.. where dem Akumi screenshots..! D:<

haha

Ami
Mar 11, 2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah you see both of Nagisa's eyes at the end of chapter one so hence the spolierish part. Her green eye I had more trouble with, in some screens it looks green, in others a gray blue D:

As for screens of Akumi, I've been so neglectful of her since I've been focusing on getting most of the stuff done for Ami D:. But I have free time now so I'll be getting quite a few screens together. You want me to PM you here or note you on DA with them?

Mimo
Mar 12, 2011, 12:06 AM
Ahh I thought she had blue eyes!
You can PM me here whenever youre ready. =3

Ami
Mar 12, 2011, 08:39 AM
That's what I thought too D: But in the FMVs it's green.

*goes to upload screenshots*

Ami
Mar 17, 2011, 05:09 PM
After weeks of procrastination and stuff I finally finished~

[spoiler-box]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/5ps.png[/spoiler-box]

The Tumblr link for more of my comment on it (http://mirror-alchemist.tumblr.com/post/3927625128)

I started playing the Phantasy Star games *cough*PSO*coughhack*in 2006, so that's why it's 5years for me.

I'll eventually post it on DA, but not now.

Mimo
Mar 17, 2011, 07:36 PM
Daww the little one is blushing. Haha I like how the outfits are from: Noob to Pimped. =3 Nice job on making the colors so vibrant.

Ami
Mar 17, 2011, 07:39 PM
O ^Ob

Thankies >w<, I'm pretty proud I got it done finally.

Mimo
Mar 17, 2011, 07:44 PM
Gah! So this picture almost reached 100 layers...? What the hell.. ahaha! That's insane, how long did this picture take? D=

Ami
Mar 17, 2011, 08:26 PM
It was 102 layers <o<

Hmm, counting my procrastination, being sick, and personal stuff going on 3 weeks. But actually working on it?.....hmmm 3-4 days. It's not surprising I would sit at the computer until nightfall working on something. I'm either that dedicated or have waaaay too much time on my hands XP.

qoxolg
Mar 18, 2011, 02:25 AM
I think this is both your best drawing and coloring so far :-)

102 layers is a bit much though. Besides making coloring more time consuming, it's also very taxing for your computer. You'de be better of with higher resolutions or 16-bit color. Try bringing down the amount of layers will make your life easier.

Ami
Mar 18, 2011, 06:50 AM
I normally don't use that much on average. Average is about 10-40. 102 is due to 4 characters x 3sets/folders of each one. And then two weren't even used for the final upload because they were there for me to see my coloring better. Trying to color paleish skin on a white background is D:

But yeah, I'm not making it a habit. Especially since I've begun to start working in higher resolutions. That particular one I worked in the dimensions you see. Zoom is a wonderful tool @~@. I've been looking up tutorials online to see where I can merge layers in my drawing/coloring process to lower the memory load on my computer. It shouldn't take a couple minutes to save my work D:

qoxolg
Mar 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
If you have photoshop you can take a look at how I layer my art. I think I am pretty efficient when it comes to layers. I also used to get into 100's of layers when I started using photoshop. Most important to remember: As long as you're not gonna overlap something you already colored, there is no need for new layers. I mostly use layers for different effects and layer blending styles like burning and dodging.

Ami
Apr 5, 2011, 12:16 PM
And I'm backs O ^Ob. It FINALLY feels like spring. So I changed Ami's clothing accordingly. Also, wanted to show off her awesome ass legs.

[SPOILER-BOX]203709204[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ami
Apr 20, 2011, 04:03 PM
It's been a while since I last drew something Phantasy star related. It's not complete, so I present a WIP

[spoiler-box]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7881/lowip.jpg[/spoiler-box]

The subject might look familiar <o<"

AND DONE!!!

[SPOILER-BOX]205707320[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xefi
Apr 20, 2011, 11:34 PM
you really doing a good with the hair and eyes for your drawings, Ami. i believe those are your strong points.

i like the new blonde picture. nice job! :pizza:

qoxolg
Apr 21, 2011, 10:33 AM
Gah.. very familiar.. :wacko:

Thanks again! :D

Ami
Apr 29, 2011, 09:12 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]206935616[/SPOILER-BOX]

*throws hat*

Broken_L_button
Apr 29, 2011, 10:05 PM
A graceful portrait once again! I really love how you do the coloring for the hair. Such vibrant colors, such sheen! Your faces also seem to be improving with each drawing. Keep it up!

Ami
May 1, 2011, 03:15 PM
ARGH, so much muse flowing through my veins

A rough sketch roughly based on the PSO2!HUnewearl outfit. Custom made PSO2 outfit for PSO!Ami. She grew up O ^Ob

[spoiler-box]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/PSO2Amiconcept.png[/spoiler-box]

Mimo
May 1, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hory shet... this is a surprise. The sketchiness of it all is really amazing. It looks like you're starting to get a better flow with the tablet. Nice work with the outfit and you're gradually getting better with full body proportions. :>

Ami
May 1, 2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks, I had the image in my head for a while so yeah

Broken_L_button
May 1, 2011, 10:26 PM
Couldn't have said it better than Mimo. You've made huge progress on full-body drawings. Great work!

Ami
May 3, 2011, 09:37 AM
Thank you for the feedback guys. It really does motivate me to experiment new things

Since I'm a bit too lazy atm to actually put up on photobucket (http://mirror-alchemist.tumblr.com/post/5161182006)

A sketch of Ami in the unknown soldier 13 outfit from Infinity. Once I had saw that this was gonna be available via DLC, I saved up to get it. I just like the action girl vibes it gives.

Ami
May 5, 2011, 04:18 PM
Feeling inspired from the sketch I decided to go ahead and fully cg Ami.

It's a WIP. Trying some new techniques with it
[spoiler-box]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/Art%20WIPs/Unknown13-1.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Ami
May 6, 2011, 11:13 PM
And now it's complete, I feel really good about this one, despite some flaws.

[spoiler-box]207862913[/spoiler-box]

Ami
May 14, 2011, 01:12 AM
woooo so I decided to do Akumi again. DON'T WORRY IT'S SFW THIS TIME, SHE HAS A TOP ON THAT COVERS 80% OF HER CHEST

But I'm not done. Some people were complimenting on how I always do hair. So after some thinking, I did screens as I colored the hair. Uh, never mind the taskbar. I was too lazy to crop it out <o<

How I color HAIR (http://mirror-alchemist.tumblr.com/post/5473018286)

qoxolg
May 14, 2011, 03:29 AM
That looks like a lot of work :o I am always a bit lazy when it comes to coloring hair

Ami
May 16, 2011, 07:25 AM
Hmm, I think the only hard part is adjusting the layers' opacity enough so that everything flows together. That and when I have to do color adjustments using filters. Well, to me that is.

I haven't been working on it as much, since I got a new sketchbook last weekend and a new pencil set. So I've been just doing pencil work @~@.

Ami
May 17, 2011, 05:36 PM
I was being lazy about uploading it.

[spoiler-box]209142034[/spoiler-box]

And as an extra bonus. A pencil sketch of Megami (with some color adjustments made in GIMP and SAI of course.)

[spoiler-box]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/megami.png[/spoiler-box]

Ami
May 26, 2011, 04:23 PM
I haven't been drawing Phantasy Star related stuff as of late. I think after this, Imma take a break from drawing.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/Rieanahead.png (http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/Rieana.png)
Click for the fullsize

Ami
Jul 19, 2011, 12:35 PM
And the break is over...sorta

I took one longer than I thought because of real life BS

Rieana after I did another age up thing to her. She's no longer a child, just a young teen :3
[spoiler-box]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/Rieana-1.png[/spoiler-box]

Wynn<3's character Wynn that I drew out the blue because I wanted to practice on that hair
[spoiler-box]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/Wynn.png[/spoiler-box]

Ami
Jul 19, 2011, 10:19 PM
Meet Hildegarde, my beast alt. I'll probably have her background up soonish on my tumblr.

[SPOILER-BOX]243607590[/SPOILER-BOX]

qoxolg
Jul 20, 2011, 01:24 PM
Welcome back I guess! Now I'm expecting tons of art! :D

Ami
Jul 21, 2011, 09:33 AM
Hopefully yeah, still a bit angry at all the stuff I had to go through for the past couple weeks. But I'll see.

Ami
Jul 28, 2011, 11:11 AM
A gift for me since my birthday's next week. I think I ready to get back into doing stuff I said I was gonna do waaay back when.
[SPOILER-BOX]245104647[/SPOILER-BOX]

Mimo
Jul 28, 2011, 10:03 PM
-lurks- Looking good! Read that you mentioned something about drawing guys. Have fun with that and I'm looking forward to seeing your doods~ xD

kazuuya
Jul 29, 2011, 12:28 PM
I agree with mimo, this looks pretty! *A* I especially love Ami's pose here. <3 You are improving with every Picture. =D Also I too can't wait to see your Guys.

Ami
Aug 10, 2011, 12:05 AM
A lot of stuff has happened over the last time I post

Just a quick sketch, feeling invigorated by the updates done today
[spoiler-box]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/PSO2HUnewearlv2.png[/spoiler-box]

Sayara
Aug 10, 2011, 12:11 AM
To comment on the piece. This recent sketch has shown you've come a long way from how your face proportions use to look. And that my friend is a good positive direction :>:>:>

Ami
Aug 10, 2011, 12:19 AM
Yay thanks. I've been looking at a lot of references and tutorials about faces also I kinda study people's faces when I talk with them and apply that to my work. And yeah I do see the differences too, which makes me happy. I honestly didn't think that I improved that much

qoxolg
Aug 10, 2011, 03:20 AM
You always improve slowly and every now and then you get some burst of improvement (most of the time by changing your ways of drawing)

Ami
Feb 5, 2012, 11:22 PM
*looks at date of last post* It's been that long?!

Anywho, sorry about the long break. If you've been reading my DA journal you'll know why I've been absent. I've been spending a lot of time working on my art and stuff so some of this stuff is super old.

IMAGE DUMP BELOW HERE click on the images to see the full sized versions
[spoiler-box]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/th_PSO.png (http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/PSO.png) http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/th_01-08-1.png (http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/01-08-1.png) http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/th_Altsunefull.png (http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/Altsunefull.png)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/th_Ami.png (http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/Ami.png) http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/th_NewCanvas.png (http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/NewCanvas.png) http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/th_avalong-1.png (http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/flame_alchemist803/Art/avalong-1.png)
[/spoiler-box]

Also I spent time working on "The Life and Times" (http://mirror-alchemist.deviantart.com/gallery/27152068) a fanfic detailing Ami's past from PSU all the way to PSPo2i. I finally finished uploading it a few days ago so I feel proud of myself. This is the first time I've completed a story and uploaded it all.

Hopefully I won't forget to post in here again <o<"

kazuuya
Feb 6, 2012, 03:01 PM
Aaaaami you Updated you Thread again. <33
Honestly there's again a really big improvement! Your faces look better everytime, and also your gorgeous hair improves. XD The way you draw eyes is also improving everytime. Just keep going Ami!

FOkyasuta
Feb 6, 2012, 06:24 PM
bout time you gave life to this once forgotten thing. keep it Up Hyuga Fanatic!

Ami
Feb 6, 2012, 10:56 PM
bout time you gave life to this once forgotten thing. keep it Up Hyuga Fanatic!
It wasn't like I did it on purpos-well a couple months of that was on purpose

BUT STILL!

Ami
Feb 8, 2012, 01:56 AM
Not Phantasy Star related. But it's of my long time friend who I pretty much consider a brother from Gaia Online. He got me motivated to use my tablet @~@

[spoiler-box]283883761[/spoiler-box]

darkamidamaru
Feb 9, 2012, 07:50 AM
That's very good Ami, may i ask what tablet and software you are using?

Ami
Feb 9, 2012, 10:39 AM
That's very good Ami, may i ask what tablet and software you are using?
I actually put this information on the first page of the thread. But I use a medium Wacom Bamboo Fun and Easy Paint Tool SAI

darkamidamaru
Feb 9, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sorry, i really should pay more attension. I was focusing on the images rather then the letters.
(> _ <)

I was going to buy that tablet too, thanks