PDA

View Full Version : Arenas?

Xeskyle
Dec 11, 2010, 04:31 PM
Kinda confused at what arenas are. Apparently I have been to one, but what are they, and what do you do in them? And where do you find them?

Thanks in advance^^

Neo Flint
Dec 11, 2010, 05:16 PM
A teleporter that leads to the arena comes up very rarely after you defeat the hostiles at the checkpoint. Basically, their two waves of giant hostiles including one guaranteed rare hostile for each wave. After defeating those, you'll earn quite a bit of meseta and a chance of a rare drop since you fought against rare hostiles.

bns1991
Dec 11, 2010, 06:43 PM
Also, they can be found at the mid point in each zone. After you clear out the enemies in the area, there is a chance that the warp to the arena will appear when the item box appears. They only appear on hard and super hard. I actually found my first arena on my first run through the valley on hard.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 11, 2010, 08:44 PM
Arenas can be found in any field, on any difficulty, and even in some missions (specifically, only the ones that start you in the first sector of the area that also spans to the second sector as well), at an estimated 2% chance. They appear only at the midpoint sseparating the two sectors of the area, once all enemies in the midpoint are defeated. Inside the arena, you fight against two separate waves of three of the large enemies of that area, one of which will always be rare (2xPelcatraz/1xPelcatobur in Ozette, 2xHelion/1xBlaze Helion in Gurhacia, etc.). In the Dark Shrine, though, it will have a 50/50 chance that either wave will contain all Phobos/Phobos Dyna or Zaphobos/Zaphobos Dyna, in which both waves can either be the same as each other (like both waves being Phobos/Dynas, or both being Zaphobos/Dynas), or different (1 wave of lights, the other the darks).

Windancer
Dec 11, 2010, 09:15 PM
What Chaosmaster said ;)

Daak
Dec 12, 2010, 06:11 AM
Yah wht he said =)

VeJi
Dec 12, 2010, 03:34 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with the 2 percent estimate, unless you are referring to something about Arenas within missions. I do many "Arena Runs" on regular field runs, and I yield somewhere around a 10 percent or great success of arenas.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 12, 2010, 04:35 PM
Then perhaps you are lucky? I can say I rarely ever find the arenas soloing myself, but oddly enough, when I'm online, I seem to find them every other run... hm... <_<

Either way, it's fairly difficult to put a percent estimate on it anyways since it's all based on the luck of the person playing.

Haesujin
Dec 13, 2010, 01:46 AM
For arca plant, dont tell me you have to go up against those Arkzeins things that destroy u with 2 ~ 3 homing missiles O.O. Never went to an arena in Arca Plant so i'm not so sure.

P.S. Also where on earth did those ppl in the background come from? "OMG I can see the Mayor!" Jokes :)

VeJi
Dec 13, 2010, 01:53 AM
Then perhaps you are lucky? I can say I rarely ever find the arenas soloing myself, but oddly enough, when I'm online, I seem to find them every other run... hm... <_<

Either way, it's fairly difficult to put a percent estimate on it anyways since it's all based on the luck of the person playing.

I actually do runs with friends, so I believe that counts as "Online" in a way. Is this game unhackable? Why don't we have drop chart rates for items and things like arenas yet, like on the old PSO games?

bns1991
Dec 13, 2010, 09:09 AM
For arca plant, dont tell me you have to go up against those Arkzeins things that destroy u with 2 ~ 3 homing missiles O.O. Never went to an arena in Arca Plant so i'm not so sure.

P.S. Also where on earth did those ppl in the background come from? "OMG I can see the Mayor!" Jokes :)

I have gone up against the arkzeins in the battle arena on a few occasions in SH AP runs. I just use my shield o protect myself and make them kill each other. I then go for the kill on the remaining one.

Broken_L_button
Dec 13, 2010, 02:59 PM
For fighting Arkzeins:

If you're a Newman hunter:
1-stack EVP
2-stand behind one of the Arkzeins
3- ?????
4- profit

If you're a Newman Force:
1-stack EVP
2-cast Jellen
3-?????
4-profit

If you're a Cast of any kind:
1-stack ATP
2-go all out with your PAs and burn traps
3-?????
4-profit

If you're a human...Well, the Cast strategy works, even as a Force, since forces can melee exceedingly well.

But, back on topic, I rarely find arenas as well. Heck, IMO, that 2% chance is too generous. But, again, it's all random and all we can do to improve our chances is to sacrifice small animals to the RNG god.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 13, 2010, 03:41 PM
I actually do runs with friends, so I believe that counts as "Online" in a way. Is this game unhackable? Why don't we have drop chart rates for items and things like arenas yet, like on the old PSO games?

People are too lazy to find out the actual droprates for all the items, or that no actual droprate for them exists and there's just a general "droprate" for all rares from enemies that can drop them, which leads back to my previous statement on another topic about why SPECIFIC drops are quite hard to do in this game compared to PSO's specific drops based on SID's. <.<

Xeskyle
Dec 13, 2010, 05:26 PM
Alright, time to go arena-hunting. Thanks everyone^^

leviayurashyguy
Dec 16, 2010, 01:22 AM

Arkzeins-R's are a lot worst with the lack of bazooka cuz they are more accurate and spam gun and ride more, which are the faster attacks anyway. you'd wish you weren't fighting them

People are too lazy to find out the actual droprates for all the items, or that no actual droprate for them exists and there's just a general "droprate" for all rares from enemies that can drop them
Yeah, because scientists are too lazy to figure out Cold Fusion

Chaos Rappy
Dec 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
By people being "lazy", I hope you realize I'm referring to the people who have the ability and means to hack open the game and get the exact droprates who won't do it just because... well, they're lazy or don't want to do it. : /