PDA

View Full Version : Wep Program on the way

ZOError
Dec 13, 2010, 01:32 PM
Posted this once in the guide section and I dont think that was the best place for it. anyways...

Im currently working on a program which will have all the current weps in the game along with the armor. This program will give the stats of the wep and armor you select. I will be releasing a beta version soon with just the weapons and if its popular i will add the armor. im using vb6 and its pretty time consuming. I know you could just copy and paste everything into a notepad and save it but wheres the fun in that? lol. plus i got some free time right now.

The beta should be up in a few days as it takes awhile to get all the info and put it into coding and whatnot.

The program will be very small in size as well.

The main reason im doing this is because when i play on xbox live i like to have a direct link to my modem. so when i do this i have no internet on my comp. So ill be playng the game and ill be thinking,...... "i wonder wtf this weapon is with 8 grinds on it".... lol... so now ill have a program that i can just use instead of going to the weapon stats online all the time.

If you think this would be helpful for you as well please let me know.
Thanks,
ZO Error aka Dark Matter

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Dec 13, 2010, 01:39 PM
ya im the same way, im always looking up weapon stats and stuff while im playing. this program would be very helpful

ZOError
Dec 13, 2010, 02:20 PM
I just finished up all the Axes and ill be working on the bows next. ill keep ya all informed on the progress. Like I said above, after i finish the weps I will release a beta version. Then ill start on the armor.

ZOError
Dec 13, 2010, 10:24 PM
Ok I just finished up the Bows. This will be the last time I will give a status on the program for a couple of days. I will be working hard on it to finish all the weps so you all can use it.

fay
Dec 14, 2010, 05:02 AM
Aw if I knew you were doing this I could have gave you a hand too. I'm doing a computer games course but its got application design etc in it too.
I could have dome the design side to your programming :P

Overall this thing doesn't really effect me as i'm wireless so I can use the PC which is next to me however I know a few people that can't do it and would probably love this.
Its a good idea mate. The only thing I would watch for is in case you end up getting done by SEGA for copyright. I'm hoping you asked them first? lol. Though saying that i'm sure they would say its ok considering you aren't making any profits from it.

ZOError
Dec 15, 2010, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the help but I got it. And for asking sega permission is no need. Im not taking nothing from sega. All im doind is making a program that shows the weapons status with the grinds on them as well as what you neeed to make the board. Sega can't copyright text and numbers, and im not using no images from the sega website.

I have mailed psoworld asking permission to use their symbols for the program (the little star symbols, moatoob symbol, neudiez symbol, kubara symbol, and grm symbol) but they have not replied back yet.

So with that being said if someone wants credit for making the symbols for the program let me know. The only ones I need are the ones I said above. And I need them the exact same size as the ones on their site as the program is already in the format for that size.

One other thing I will need help on it the main background for the program. I was going to make a picture for it but what I would really like to do is get someone with a caption card to take a picture of me and a few friends in the actual game doing a pose. So if someone has a caption card and is willing to give a helping hand please let me know. I wont need the background for awhile though, and you will be giving credit for it as well.

ZOError
Dec 18, 2010, 08:36 PM
So far I got the following done;
axes
claws
daggers
double sabers
bows
cards
cross bows
grenade launchers

I have not been putting extreme hours into the program every day. I usually only put about an hr into to it each day. I would say in about a week or two all the weapons will be done and ill release it to the public.

Im still currently waiting oon psoworld to mail me back saying its ok if I use their symbols. So if someone wants to create some for me that would be great.

As mentioned above after I finish all the weapons ill start on the armor. Eventually I would like to put a lot more information into it as well. Such as mission drops, character stats, and more.

ZOError
Dec 19, 2010, 10:18 PM
Its kind of sad somone is putting fourth the effort into a making a program for the community and all they get is two replies with over 250 views....

Kind of turns me off on the whole project...

MillyB
Dec 19, 2010, 10:24 PM
What will this run on?

ZOError
Dec 19, 2010, 10:31 PM
Windows (all), I know nothing about Macs, and since its programmed in mircosoft visual basic I doubt it will run on Macs.

pikachief
Dec 20, 2010, 02:11 AM
Possibly a lot of people are like me and we see what you got, and we're interested but we just don't really have anything to comment on :)

I do check this about once a day to see the progress you've made and any ideas or comments you are giving on the project because I am very interested in using it when it is complete. :)

Don't stop the project, I'm sure it'll be useful and when it is done and ready to download people will use it and news of it will be spread by word of mouth by simple ways of like, "Oh yea I use this program to look up my weapons. I have it open while I play PSU," which will most likely will be spread by me in this manner often lol.

Thank you very much for working on it and I can't wait for it to actually get here :D lol

ZOError
Dec 20, 2010, 03:26 PM
Im about halfway done with the program before the beta is released. Im still looking for a artist to make images for me.

Right now each weapon has grind stats, what is needed to make the board, item stats, and req ata/atp.

The final version will include were the weapon/board drops. But that wont come for awhile.

Im trying to make the program as simple as possible, so dont expect to be blown away by it. When im making this i have one thing in mind "KISS" - Keep It Simple Stupid

I was finishing up the Hand Guns the other day, and when I was adding them to the menu options I got a msg from Visual Basic saying the limit has been reached for that form "which was the main one". If you dont know anything about VB, you can only have a max of 255 items for each Form. So I had to make a different form for each weapon type, and it kind of set me back about a day on the project.

So now the layout of it is going to be a little different.

When you open the program you will see all of the weapon types on the main screen. When you click on one of them it will bring up a new window. That window will hold all of the weapons in that class in the Menu. Then when you click on the weapon you want to view it will bring up a new window showing the stats. I was going to make it when you open a new window the old one closes but I like to compare weapons so I didnt do it like that.

Now with all of that being said let me tell you a little about myself:

Im 28 yrs old and have been playing PSU/PSO since the DC.
Unfortunately, when PSU came out for the Xbox i was deployed. So I missed the first year it was out "which really sucked cause now i have to deal with a lame 50,000id card number"
I deployed once more and missed more events, lol... So its like im always playing catch up on the lvl cap and whatnot. Im currently on my way out of the Army after 6 yrs in, and im looking forward to moving back to the mainland "im stationed in Hawaii".

Currently im in Cali, on a detail for the Army watching tricons. And of course its during a big event, lol. Ill be going back to Hawaii around the 29th and ill be able to get back on the game.

So im going to head out now, but I hope you enjoy the news on the project, and look forward for its release.

-DM aka ZO Error

hewitt
Dec 20, 2010, 04:37 PM
thanks for your work on this! I'll be sure to use it a lot when you're finished :D

JRDeBo
Dec 21, 2010, 12:20 AM
Good luck on the program, I'll definitely use it when it gets done. Thanks in advance.

ZOError
Dec 22, 2010, 04:15 PM
Ok I have been slacking on it a little bit but I will be working on it for the majority of tonight to make up for the past couple of days. By the end of tonight I should have about 3/4 of the weapons done.

Right now I have been out sourcing for my images. I have not go no respond from pso world or phantasystaruniverse.com giving me permission for using their images. So, I have been trying to find a artist to create some for me even know I will hvae to end up paying for them.... but I guess If I do that at least the Images will be mine, and I wont run into any copyright laws.

MillyB
Dec 22, 2010, 04:19 PM
lol capture card

ZOError
Dec 28, 2010, 12:38 AM
Sorry guys, the project is on hold at the moment for reasons im not going into. Im about half way done with it. Ill keep you all informed when I start it back up. Should be in about a week.

oG Epik
Dec 29, 2010, 09:47 PM
i will check it out when its out

ZOError
Jan 11, 2011, 12:08 AM
Ok, I started working on the program again after a break and I will do 30 weapons a day so it shouldn't be much longer before its out.

oG Epik
Jan 11, 2011, 07:25 AM
Wow 30 weps that should be like 3 weeks? right

ZOError
Jan 11, 2011, 02:20 PM
No, about week and half. Im more than half way done. I started doing it because I wnet on a detail for the military and didn't have nothing to do when I was there. Then as soon as I got back to hawaii they put me on another detail and I just got done with that one yesterday. They just kept slamming me whith stuff before I get out. Been in for 6yrs and its time to let the army go. Didn't want to go back to afghanistan or iraq.