PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Fun Factor

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 15, 2010, 06:32 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has found it difficult to carry on PSU'ing on JP server? I just felt after getting GC and a lot of good weapons so quickly has made it difficult to continue playing. Also the language barrier too, sure I got like 15 friends who speak english etc I find the game a bit restrictive, usually solo'ing, and then sometimes finding a team when you wanna can be a waiting game. Maybe I just burnt out playing EU PSU for so so long but I really wanna get back into playing PSU regular but I'm not sure where the difficulty lies :S

Tifa

str898mustang
Dec 15, 2010, 12:36 PM
Well for one, u probably went straight to GC missions, which in case, drop some really good weapons, in result basically kills the point of the game. (this is a sub reason why I dont do GC)

The playing with teams part is u can do random parties. There are Japanese people who can speak english. Most of the time when I join a party and someone says something to me, I tell them I cant speak Japanese and I'm American (its a shortcut). Usually they just say short answers and there are still some players who have Japanese names but are english speaking people (i've ran into a few).

ChibiBecca
Dec 15, 2010, 12:57 PM
my only difficulty is not knowing what any items are as i can't read a word of japanese.. :p

otherwise i'm happy to solo and play with a few friends, as i'm far too low a level to try to join random groups. so that part doesn't bother me.

xBULLYDOGG
Dec 15, 2010, 04:32 PM
I ran with Bobby and a fraction of his friends over on JP. I really did enjoy it so much but, just the language as said is what turned me off the game. That and the Ping issue, but beggars cant be chosers

Darki
Dec 15, 2010, 04:52 PM
Language wise, I ddn't feel any dificulty. If you played PSU previously in the local servers you should have learned all the menus without even reading them, the only exception would be new things such as GAS and new missions with complex options, but after a couple tries you get a hang on it.

About the items, all you need to do is to learn katakana. If you played PSU as I said before, you should remember most of the "basic" items, but in any case, EVERYTHING is just katakana'ed "engrish", so the only prooblem would be to guess the japanese weird word that is supposed to mean "two headed ragnus", lol. You can actually have fun with that. And you can always use the pedia and find the item quickly.

But, if you're a new player who doesn't know a shit about the menus and items, and doesn't know japanese, then you won't have fun for some time. ^_^U

str898mustang
Dec 15, 2010, 05:45 PM
I ran with Bobby and a fraction of his friends over on JP. I really did enjoy it so much but, just the language as said is what turned me off the game. That and the Ping issue, but beggars cant be chosers

what was ur ping?

xBULLYDOGG
Dec 15, 2010, 05:49 PM
what was ur ping?

I dont actually know down to detail but i was noticing the time it took for hits to count etc. etc. I think i said that the ping issue wasnt what killed the game for me. If i didnt then I just did. I just got bored of Phantasy Star as it were but, may make a redux as a FM over there again at some time ;p

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 17, 2010, 02:45 AM
Aw that sucks :( I actually had horrific unplayable ping on xbox PSU which is a shame as I'd have preferred to play that. Sure they don't have all the constant updates etc but i'd prefer to be on a predominantly english speaking server. Aw well nvm PSU is still awesome I guess I jsut can't play it half as much as i used to :o

Tifa

MillyB
Dec 17, 2010, 12:18 PM
250ping for the win! thats why I gave up on JP Psu

unicorn
Dec 18, 2010, 02:03 AM
JP server is pretty much soloing most of the time.

Don't listen to the promising words other importers spew out, they won't play with you. I'm being realistic. Most of the importers are at cap, and don't really plan on playing with lower lvl characters what SO EVER. And even if they have good intentions, theres only like 3 players online at a time.

NO one will help you level up. In my time on JP, the only importers that trained me were Vec/Momo and sometimes Odessa, and they're both busy as of late and probably tired of herding lambs. The rest of the time I was lucky to level up in random JP parties during events.

I like the importer community, don't get me wrong, but its every man for himself pretty much.

Darki
Dec 18, 2010, 07:27 AM
Idon't think that way... The problem is that JP PSU lacks something we had in the EU servers, and it's the randoms factor.

Back there you could go and pick a run with someone and maye even be friends with them, but here the importer community is so little, and as you say, most of them levelled up, that is impossible to do that.

The best way to "import" would be to do so with a group of friends that you know they will play pretty much at the same times as you. In my case, my old server friends don't play too much anymore, but I have the luck that I hooked my girlfriend to the game and I made her come to the server with me while both were low levels, lol.

Lolitron
Dec 18, 2010, 08:42 PM
Go import JP PSPo2, play the shit out of that, and then import PSPo2:i in February/whenever it's coming out.

MillyB
Dec 18, 2010, 10:16 PM

Don't listen to the promising words other importers spew out, they won't play with you. I'm being realistic. Most of the importers are at cap, and don't really plan on playing with lower lvl characters what SO EVER. And even if they have good intentions, theres only like 3 players online at a time.

NO one will help you level up. In my time on JP, the only importers that trained me were Vec/Momo and sometimes Odessa, and they're both busy as of late and probably tired of herding lambs. The rest of the time I was lucky to level up in random JP parties during events.

I like the importer community, don't get me wrong, but its every man for himself pretty much.

Could not have said it better myself.

DAMASCUS
Dec 18, 2010, 10:41 PM
I'm not online with JP PSU very often but one of the problems has turned out to be the Community/Free Course. When I want to practice GAM or even run a rare flag I have most of the people on my list that can't participate. While there is no shame in having free play, at the same time they probably get pretty annoyed when I mail them and forget that they are not able to.

..but yes, I do miss making random friends online.

str898mustang
Dec 19, 2010, 09:54 AM

all ya gotta do is mail me if u wanna do some runs (unless I'm afk)

ChibiBecca
Dec 19, 2010, 12:41 PM
my main character only level 40-something, i'm no way near capping for a loong time. :p

DAMASCUS
Dec 20, 2010, 12:56 AM
I'm thinking that for the coming event we should all pick a UNI and stick with it. Since we are in different time zones and work on different days its difficult to have an effective meet-and-greet; although I did get many cards that way too.

Having mostly english players on one server would be a really good way to get some of the old community feeling back.

Darki
Dec 20, 2010, 04:28 AM
I doubt there are enough english speakers in JP PSU as to do that. But it would be a nice idea, of course.

TenebriS
Dec 20, 2010, 04:35 AM
hmm, enough people would be there for that, the question is if the people actually would do that, most of em play in uni 1 for most of the time if i check cards.

After all it must be a FC uni, so really all english speakers can be on same server, best of it we start a thread to tell people the uni and ask them to play mostly on there, but well it always depends on if people will actually play there or jsut ignore and play their fav servers :/

Darki
Dec 20, 2010, 04:44 AM
I play on uni 1 mainly because I don't have other server to play for any other reason. So I go to uni 1 so I see lobbies with some people, I don't like playing with all the place empty and gloomy.

But if you tell me that all the importer community will be in other universes you can count me in, I just hope this happens for real.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 20, 2010, 05:22 AM
Hmm would be good for a meet up, I need more people's cards I've barely got 1 full page on my list :(

Tifa

DAMASCUS
Dec 20, 2010, 01:43 PM
Awesome! Lets give it a shot. Yes, you can always jump to UNI 1 if there are less people around so you can jump in with RPs.

I was racking my brain as to what the PSOW server used to be and think it was UNI 7.

So let's stop in at UNI 7 during the event and hopefully we can find our own peak time for english speakers...and walau!!

EDIT: I changed it from UNI 9 since Darki pointed out that' one is blocked for free course players :/

Darki
Dec 20, 2010, 01:58 PM
Just to know, isn't that universe only for premium coursees?

I'd say let's pick the last "free" universe and that's all, lol.

Shou
Dec 20, 2010, 03:29 PM
I'm just bored with PSU. I can't play it right now. Ill start up again when there is somewhat of a game-changing update.

Darki
Dec 20, 2010, 04:50 PM
Lol, game-changing update in PSU?

I though PSU was already dead in terms of innovation, seeing that all the love goes to PSPo series and soon we will have PSP 2.

In any case, I'd say we could get a game-changing update to add all the features of the portable games to the PC one when they decide the game is gone for and they focus 100% on PSO 2, like a "there you go, enjoy your last candy". But even then, I doubt that.

Crysteon
Dec 20, 2010, 06:26 PM
I'm just bored with PSU. I can't play it right now. Ill start up again when there is somewhat of a game-changing update.

Gib Rutsu, if you dont plan to come back then ;<

pikachief
Dec 20, 2010, 08:30 PM
I believe we just need another JP PSU English speaking meet up and to make this Uni 7 official and yes we need to find a time where most of us can or will be on :D I also rarely have anyone to play with in JP PSU and im hoping in this event i'll find people to play with or at least level up so that i can run with higher levels :P

It most likely wont fix our problem but i think it could help out a bit :)

Ryno
Dec 20, 2010, 08:42 PM

im the same way... i see the same MAG maps.... if they have like the other maps on MAG event comming up like Cave 2 and 3 , Ruins 3, Mines 2, or even put EP 2 maps. lol....(dreaming) that would be nice.

instead of the same ones.

Crysteon
Dec 20, 2010, 09:24 PM
im the same way... i see the same MAG maps.... if they have like the other maps on MAG event comming up like Cave 2 and 3 , Ruins 3, Mines 2, or even put EP 2 maps. lol....(dreaming) that would be nice.

instead of the same ones.

Keep dreaming, honey. lawl