PDA

View Full Version : Mission PSU community has grown up a bit ?

dias_flac_0g
Dec 15, 2010, 02:52 PM
You guys remember that topic I made a while ago about the RARE MISSIONS? Probably not huh? Seeing as it was a topic everyone hated and the fact that i'm not that popular here would make me believe that it has been forgotten already.

Here's the jist of it though. Basically I treat the rare missions as rare items themselves. For example, If you find a Milla handgun in the event and it was with a party of randoms (people you dont know at all) chances are you are not going to share that rare gun with any of them.

It's the same exact thing with the rare missions. Why should I share a rare mission with you when sega gaved ME the rare mission? It's like telling me "hey when you sell that Milla, let me get half of that meseta..." yea **** you xD

See my point?

This of course goes both ways. I'm a fair person after all. If YOU get a rare mission I do not expect you to share it with me either because it's yours and yours only. You are free to do what you want with it.

Alright so now that we got that out the way, lets get to the real point of this topic shall we?

During this event, ive seen alot of rare missions come and go, and to my surprise the butthurt levels have been really low. By this I mean people getting mad when the players leaves the party with his/her rare mission. This makes me glad actually because it shows that you guys are growing up.

half of the time people have even asked the guy with the rare mission "so what's up are we going on the rare run or are we just gonna continue with the event runs?" see now that right there is cool. Most of the times the people with the rare run said they were gonna keep it so we just kept running the event. No big deal :)

One time one guy said he was gonna sell his (this is what I personally do myself however there are exceptions to this) so the people in the party where like "ah ok then, let me get a spot then".

See now in MY eyes that's how the rare missions should be treated.

When it comes to myself I keep most of my rare missions and sell em for a mill a piece or even for 1.5 at times xD

When I do not sell em its when i'm playing in a party where everyone has their mic and and we are just talking and having fun and there's no rudeness then if I like the party that i'm in i'll take them with me for free. But, if i'm in a party where everyone is silent and I dont get to know anyone I just keept it of course. There has also been a few times when, I have been in parties with like teenage kids who act all retarded and make rude jokes and whatnot I leave em behind no doubt xD

So there you have it my new views on the rare missions :)

Now I must say one thing if you post here and you disagree, by all means post your mind seriously. Just try to keep it in a decent manner, now it may seem weird for me to say this, but everytime I make one of these topics they get closed because people just get waaay too butthurt and just cant handle my bluntness and truthfullness.

Also, i'm not trolling you guys, I just love coming here and expressing myself when it comes to PSU related issues and stuff.

I just wanna see if the responces are more possitive this time around since ive seen positive things in game already.

But again, if you disagree with me and hate my views, tell me! Tell me how much you hate my views tell me how much of a bad person I am tell me how much you wanna Blist me tell me how much you dont ever want to run a mission with me, just keep it a lil civil :)

Give me a piece of your mind! ^_^ Hahahahaha!

JAFO22000
Dec 15, 2010, 03:00 PM
You sell rare missions? Why don't you do them with your friends for free?

ZER0 DX
Dec 15, 2010, 03:08 PM
Selling or buying rare missions is dumb.

I always take the party I'm with if I get one for free, and if I get one solo I invite random people for free as well. Pretty much everyone did this on PC, I don't see why hardly anyone does it on 360. The difference between communities is something I'll never get used to and I refuse to conform to.

xBULLYDOGG
Dec 15, 2010, 04:37 PM
I agree with you on a rare item part, keep it for yourself, but something where everyone can benifit like rare missions, without costing you anything, also to the fact that there are 4 button switches in the missions I and a lot of people believe should, in a good players conduct at least, be shared.

Leaving a party with a rare mission is like saying, thank you for the help but none of you shall benifit from this in the long run.

And, in doing so is also a very good way to quickly taint a good reputation. I've had 4 friends who have done the same thing only to go on about how hard it is to find a party because no one wants to share their missions with them, as they didn't want to with them.

What ever capsizes your dinghy

I always take the party I'm with if I get one for free, and if I get one solo I invite random people for free as well. Pretty much everyone did this on PC, I don't see why hardly anyone does it on 360. The difference between communities is something I'll never get used to and I refuse to conform to.

I was in a party chat today with the person I gave my PSU account to, and he was shocked to the fact that someone was inviting people into his/her rare mission absolutely free. I guess the amount of people who do so have dumb'd down slightly for when I played I saw it all the time. Heck I practically finished leveling a character with this generosity.

BIG OLAF
Dec 15, 2010, 04:59 PM
You sell rare missions? Why don't you do them with your friends for free?

^This. Also,

I agree with you on a rare item part, keep it for yourself, but something where everyone can benefit like rare missions, without costing you anything, also to the fact that there are 4 button switches in the missions I and a lot of people believe should, in a good players conduct at least, be shared.

Leaving a party with a rare mission is like saying, thank you for the help but none of you shall benefit from this in the long run.

In my opinion, getting a rare mission is the same thing as getting a rare item: whoever gets it can do what they want with it. If someone in your party got a [B] Red Line, would you expect them to share that? Probably not. I don't share my rare missions with anyone except my friends, and I don't get mad when random people I'm partying with wish to do the same (or sell them, even though I disagree with doing that), because it's theirs, and I can't tell them what to do with it.

DuRaL
Dec 15, 2010, 04:59 PM
hmm, i like the fact that people sell their rare missions, because i like buying them when i'm in need of quick EXP/MP.. it's not as lame as spamming white beast all day ;)

but when i get rare missions, i either play them with the team i got it in or with friends (i mostly play with friends, so it's usually friends in my team when i get the mission anyway ;))

i've never sold a single rare mission, because even if i was soloing or in a party with less than 4 players, i'd rather fill the spots with friends or some low-level dudes who may need the EXP..
some people are just too greedy.. i guess it's the bad influence of the 360-shooter-kiddies ~_~

xBULLYDOGG
Dec 15, 2010, 05:10 PM
In my opinion, getting a rare mission is the same thing as getting a rare item: whoever gets it can do what they want with it. If someone in your party got a [B] Red Line, would you expect them to share that? Probably not. I don't share my rare missions with anyone except my friends, and I don't get mad when random people I'm partying with wish to do the same (or sell them, even though I disagree with doing that), because it's theirs, and I can't tell them what to do with it.
By all means do what you do.
And yes, if someone got a Red Line [B} in my party I would expect them to share, as they would me for when I did play i never played with people I never knew, always a group of friends. If i did play with others it wasn't in mission that had a hell'ova drop in the end money wise, so i would party up with others in Seed express, where if a Armas [B] dropped in my friend party we would say keep it. And people in these parties got rare missions and took me along, so i followed suit whenever i got one, i would take them. I never got mad either when people left with the rare mission, more dissapointed to see someone who would play, get one then leave with no thanks to me or anyone else for that manner. Especially when they could have just said, im keeping it for myself or whatever sorry guys and continued to run with us, than just leaving with no note what so ever.
And yes you cant tell people what to do, but god you'd be amazed at what asking does.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 15, 2010, 05:28 PM
I agree with you on a rare item part, keep it for yourself, but something where everyone can benifit like rare missions, without costing you anything, also to the fact that there are 4 button switches in the missions I and a lot of people believe should, in a good players conduct at least, be shared.

Leaving a party with a rare mission is like saying, thank you for the help but none of you shall benifit from this in the long run.

And, in doing so is also a very good way to quickly taint a good reputation. I've had 4 friends who have done the same thing only to go on about how hard it is to find a party because no one wants to share their missions with them, as they didn't want to with them.

What ever capsizes your dinghy

I was in a party chat today with the person I gave my PSU account to, and he was shocked to the fact that someone was inviting people into his/her rare mission absolutely free. I guess the amount of people who do so have dumb'd down slightly for when I played I saw it all the time. Heck I practically finished leveling a character with this generosity.

Lets get started here.

Sega gaved me the rare mission and not them, plain and simple. Like Big said, if you found a redline in a party you would not share that with them plain and simple..

Now I know you will bring up the argument of "Oh I do cuz I play with friends" there you have it then, you said it with FRIENDS not randoms which is what this topic is about!

Good reputation? Seriously? On psu? LMAO!

Lulz.

Do you honestly BELIEVE I give a damn about that? Like seriously think about that long and hard lol.

I dont care what you think of me.

Also, if you dwell on what people do on the game then you have no life i'm sorry. If you hold a grudge against someone for not taking you on a rare mission you obviously dont have anything productive outside of psu and psu is your life.

I dont care if a few people black list me here and there. There's enough people to play with so it's cool man haha.

I dont care if you or your group of "l33t" friends doesnt want to play with me. Chances are I dont wanna play with you guys either! Ever thought about that? =P

xBULLYDOGG
Dec 15, 2010, 05:32 PM
Lets get started here.

Sega gaved me the rare mission and not them, plain and simple. Like Big said, if you found a redline in a party you would not share that with them plain and simple..

Now I know you will bring up the argument of "Oh I do cuz I play with friends" there you have it then, you said it with FRIENDS not randoms which is what this topic is about!

Good reputation? Seriously? On ****ing psu? LMAO!

Lulz.

Do you honestly BELIEVE I give a damn about that? Like seriously think about that long and hard lol.

I dont care what you think of me.

Also, if you dwell on what people do on the game then you have no life i'm sorry. If you hold a grudge against someone for not taking you on a rare mission you obviously dont have anything productive outside of psu and psu is your life.

I dont care if a few people black list me here and there. There's enough people to play with so it's cool man haha.

I dont care if you or your group of "l33t" friends doesnt want to play with me. Chances are I dont wanna play with you guys either! Ever thought about that? =P

Read post above yours. I dont care what happens on the game. I dont play it anymore. You seem to take everything negatively, thats not how I meant to portray anything.

MillyB
Dec 15, 2010, 05:35 PM
Huh lol well I did not read any of this just skimmed it figured Id put mt 3 cents in
If I get a rare in a random party 85% of the time I leave said party and go do it with friends

bloodflowers
Dec 15, 2010, 09:17 PM
During this event, ive seen alot of rare missions come and go, and to my surprise the butthurt levels have been really low. By this I mean people getting mad when the players leaves the party with his/her rare mission. This makes me glad actually because it shows that you guys are growing up.

That's clever - I like how you equated people disagreeing with your personal beliefs with childishness. How .. oh, what's the word..?

Crysteon
Dec 15, 2010, 09:55 PM
I'm so eager to see you guys argueing when S2 rank for rare missions hit 360.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 16, 2010, 04:29 AM

There's nothing wrong with that either. Like I said everyone is free to do with their rare mission whatever they want with it. Just dont look down on those who decide to sell it. That doesnt make em bad players or bad people.

The PC and 360 thing has to do with the fact that you guys always sat at 2 stars maxed in uni 2 so pretty much everyone kinda knew each other to an extent. So in a way it encourage people to be a bit more friendly towards each other.

I know this because i'm a PC/Ps2 veteran. I played Vanilla PSU on pc and a lil bit of AOTI then I just said this is a sinking ship i'ma go to the 360 side for good. It was easy for me cuz I already had the game cuz I bought around the same time I bought the PC one which was when it came out. I just decided to stick with pc.

Darki
Dec 16, 2010, 05:46 AM
If I find a rarz mission, I save it to play with my friends, girlfriend, or alone, simple as that (and I played PC version, I dunno what was that about the community, lol).

As someone said, rare missions mean high exp, MP and PA frags, good drops and the possibility of getting ubber rarz like Red/Knight.

Why would I share that with some unknown people? Leaving a party when getting a rare mission doesn't mean "Thank you for the help but none of you shall benifit from this in the long run" as someone said, at least for me it means "Thank you for your help but I prefer to take my friends rather than people I don't know, because they're my FRIENDS". How hard to understand is this?

If you won a travel to Disneyworld for two people, would you invite your bro/best friend/someone close, or would you give it to the first person that passed by? lol.

I mean, if I have friends, that are supposed to be people I care for and that share with me a bit more than a random run that "happened" to give me a rarz mission, what kind of friend would I be if I left them without the help a rare mission can be? Just think about it the other way around: How would you feel if one of your close friends got a rare mission and he decided to ignore you and take random people to it instead? For me it would be a bit rude, y'know. Especially because I give my friends this treat, of course. If I was a dick that never shared rare missions with my friends then of course I would understand that they didn't share them with me.

About selling the rare missions... Well, I dunno. It's your mission, I guess, so if you don't have anyone to play with at the moment and you see a way to make some profit from it, I would say go ahead, but personally I wouldn't EVER buy a rare mission. Anything that drops there is very cheap, and the not-so-cheap stuff is so rare that probably we won't even see it. For exp and MP, I think it's just dumb, when it's something that you'll get anyways in some runs in normal missions.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 16, 2010, 06:43 AM
"If you won a travel to Disneyworld for two people, would you invite your bro/best friend/someone close, or would you give it to the first person that passed by? lol."

That line was perfect seriously lol.

I totaly agree obviously =P

As for selling and buying the rare missions. Not everyone does it for the rares you know. Some people do it for the high exp and of course the ultra high MP. Most of the people who buy the rare missions from me want MP and EXP.

As for the money thing, you can make a nice little 7.5mill at times if people are desperate =P I mostly sell it for 1 mill though.

bloodflowers
Dec 16, 2010, 06:46 AM

Most of the decent players who have been around a while on the 360 still do this. Unfortunately a lot of the rest of the community has been conditioned to expect people to drop the rest of the party, by selfish people who just keep them or leave, causing the cancerous attitude to spread.

Midori Oku
Dec 16, 2010, 06:53 AM
Most of the decent players who have been around a while on the 360 still do this. Unfortunately a lot of the rest of the community has been conditioned to expect people to drop the rest of the party, by selfish people who just keep them or leave, causing the cancerous attitude to spread.

This^

We so called "Elitist Assholes" are not that mean after all. (We just don't like stupid people in the party)

Darki
Dec 16, 2010, 07:04 AM

I would consider more cancerous attitude to forget about your friends and not to use the mission to benefit them rather than a bunch of unknown guys.

I mean, is it selfish of me to save a rare mission to help a friend? I'm sorry, but no, that's not selfish. You don't have any right to play a rare mission with me just because you were there to see how I got it. If I see fit to use that mission to help you, a person I don't care a shit about, or a friend that plays with me most of the time, helps me get stuff and shares his/her time with me, that's something that depends ONLY on me. You don't have any right to call me "selfish" for favoring a friend instead of you in something that was never yours from the start.

Rather than being a dick about that you could just be thankful when someone invites you to the mission, and not to bitch around if they don't.

LK1721
Dec 16, 2010, 08:42 AM
In my opinion, selling rare missions is lame.

If I'm with a party and get a rare mission then I take them with me, if there's a space in the party I invite a friend to come along with us.

If I'm solo I invite a couple friends.

If I'm part of the party when the leader gets a rare mission they can do whatever they want. Boot, take us with, ect.

Darki
Dec 16, 2010, 08:54 AM
Why is it lame? Because they don't do what you do?

bloodflowers
Dec 16, 2010, 08:54 AM
I would consider more cancerous attitude to forget about your friends and not to use the mission to benefit them rather than a bunch of unknown guys.

Unknown guys who helped you run through the mission faster and might have shared a rare run with you had they got it. If you're weak enough they may even have been carrying you - goes both ways of course.

a person I don't care a shit about

As I say, an attitude problem.

Darki
Dec 16, 2010, 09:07 AM
So, are you telling me that I'm selfish because I help my friends? Fine, dude. Then you can consider me the most selfish person in the world.

I don't ought anybody to share a rare mission with me. I am grateful if they do, of course, but I don't call them selfish and that they have an "attitude problem" because they prefer to share that mission with their friends. I believe is the most logical thing. I didn't know that helping your friends was now a bad thing, though.

Kenbog
Dec 16, 2010, 09:10 AM
Well I used to let ppl of my previous mission join the run but I regret it now I look back at it.
There are allot of people that just nuke the place making it impossible to even tag the monsters and then SUVing that last spawn...

I now totally agree with you... but I had to feel it first :s

Selling it is lame tho

MillyB
Dec 16, 2010, 10:51 AM
Helping my friends level up is more important to me than running the rare with the random party I was in. But honestly I almost always am running solo or with friends or people I at least know so I usually share with said party. But when S2 rares come out lol solofest for me or with close friends.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 16, 2010, 11:26 AM
This^

We so called "Elitist Assholes" are not that mean after all. (We just don't like stupid people in the party)

I feel the same way about stupid people that can't read :)

A rare mission is just like a rare item. That's the bottom line.

Besides, i'm a fair person. Just as I dont take randoms with me on my rare runs I do NOT expect you or anyone else to take me on their rare missions. I dont throw a fit when someone says i'm gonna go run it with friends or just dicthes the party.

I dont press my guide button scroll to the right and find that player to send him hate mail over it (I get this once in a while from a butthurt random) insted I just go back to doing what I was doing before. I dont have the need or the urge to black list such player. It's his rare he does as he pleases with it. This shouldnt be to hard to understand I assume...

Its funny how i'm here backing up my topic, but just a lil while ago I took some randoms with me on a rare run (and i'm such a selfish person according to you guys xD). However I was getting along well with the randoms and they seemed like nice people. One of them got a rare run and even though they knew my feelings about the rare run itself the guy still took me along (I asked him i could leave if he wanted me too no big deal) but he was nice and took me regardless. Long story short I end up getting a rare right after the rare itself. I obviously couldnt just ditch em because in reality i'm not as bad as you think. Of course I took them along. They deserved it.

These are the exceptions to my rare run "rule".

As for all the people saying they save it to do it with their friends, I dont see how that's so hard to understand. Friends are generally more important than randoms. So it's perfectly fine to ditch em for your friends.

xmoonprismpowerx
Dec 16, 2010, 11:47 AM
Well, I don't agree that the PSU community has grown up, nor do I think they're really immature. I just can't stand doing missions with randoms. If my friends aren't online to do missions with I just can't play PSU. And I've sold rare missions a few times. I've saved them to do with my friends. I did them with one person just in case a spread needle drops. But I don't buy rare missions XD

And yeah, even when that elitist comes into your party in the middle of a run (after you'd been doing runs all day), and they get the red line board... I hate to say it, but it's fair that they get it. The party was left open, you didn't kick them, it dropped, they got it. Oh well. What can you do? In the laws of the universe, you totally deserved that red line. But in the land of PSU, it's fair.

I don't think anyone has a right to your drops/rares unless you offer it. It's disgusting how many people beg for items, meseta, assume they're owed something on this game, etc. That's why I can't go to uni 1 anymore. And it'd be nice to meet more laid back people on this game, 'cause honestly, the elitism on this game is just funny. PSU is like, the main game I've seen that SHOULDN'T be elitist based.

But then again, I don't assume anyone is immature until they prove so.

*rants and rambles into more non-related topics to the post*

Darki
Dec 16, 2010, 01:33 PM
What seems inmature to me is the inability of some people to understand why I prefer to leave the random party and go with my friends. You'd assume that "frienship" is a term known by everybody, but sometimes you get a surprise.

Crysteon
Dec 16, 2010, 01:42 PM
What seems inmature to me is the inability of some people to understand why I prefer to leave the random party and go with my friends. You'd assume that "frienship" is a term known by everybody, but sometimes you get a surprise.

"Friendship" is a quite volatile term on ANY online game I've played, lol...Some people end up betraying you for the most retarded and unexpected reasons; of course, true friends will never leave you alone and help you when you're in trouble, reason for which I value so much my true friends on real life and here.

Darki
Dec 16, 2010, 01:49 PM
yeah, but in my case, "real life friends" play the game too, so I value them over any random I could possibly play with. I respect that someone would share their rare mission with randoms, heck, I don't wanna sound like I though it was a dumb idea. But in my case I usually have better options, and I'm sorry for those unknown people who helped me, but I prefer taking friends that I know than any of them.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 16, 2010, 02:26 PM
Well, I don't agree that the PSU community has grown up, nor do I think they're really immature. I just can't stand doing missions with randoms. If my friends aren't online to do missions with I just can't play PSU. And I've sold rare missions a few times. I've saved them to do with my friends. I did them with one person just in case a spread needle drops. But I don't buy rare missions XD

And yeah, even when that elitist comes into your party in the middle of a run (after you'd been doing runs all day), and they get the red line board... I hate to say it, but it's fair that they get it. The party was left open, you didn't kick them, it dropped, they got it. Oh well. What can you do? In the laws of the universe, you totally deserved that red line. But in the land of PSU, it's fair.

I don't think anyone has a right to your drops/rares unless you offer it. It's disgusting how many people beg for items, meseta, assume they're owed something on this game, etc. That's why I can't go to uni 1 anymore. And it'd be nice to meet more laid back people on this game, 'cause honestly, the elitism on this game is just funny. PSU is like, the main game I've seen that SHOULDN'T be elitist based.

But then again, I don't assume anyone is immature until they prove so.

*rants and rambles into more non-related topics to the post*

Why didnt you post this in my "l33t" players thread? This would have been a great post :)

I totaly agree with everything you said just now. PSU just isnt meant be be elitist based at all. However some people can argue that the game is fun to them that way so it's fair lol.

The way I see psu is a form of 'fun" the game is very flexible and you can pretty much do any class you want with any character race. However some people stay away from this because they feel like people will be like "oh why are you a war techer? that class is garabge..."

However if that person gets his fun from that then let him/her play that way.

On a side note you must have a lot of psu friends if you dont ever go to uni 1 or play with randoms at all haha.

I have no problem with randoms, but then again I dont have many friends in game, but that's only because I like doing my own thing and i dont like to be bothered.

I've only bought a couple of rare runs myself lol. mainly for the MP when I was lvling up my MF class.

xmoonprismpowerx
Dec 17, 2010, 12:40 AM
Why didnt you post this in my "l33t" players thread? This would have been a great post :)

I totaly agree with everything you said just now. PSU just isnt meant be be elitist based at all. However some people can argue that the game is fun to them that way so it's fair lol.

The way I see psu is a form of 'fun" the game is very flexible and you can pretty much do any class you want with any character race. However some people stay away from this because they feel like people will be like "oh why are you a war techer? that class is garabge..."

However if that person gets his fun from that then let him/her play that way.

On a side note you must have a lot of psu friends if you dont ever go to uni 1 or play with randoms at all haha.

I have no problem with randoms, but then again I dont have many friends in game, but that's only because I like doing my own thing and i dont like to be bothered.

I've only bought a couple of rare runs myself lol. mainly for the MP when I was lvling up my MF class.

I don't have that many PSU friends XD I have maybe 3-4 that are on consistently. Big Olaf is one of my friends who gets on most of the time that I can count on to run with. And another friend named Affliction. They have a friend named Knux who joins us sometimes. Those are the regulars.

XD And I probably didn't post in your l33t thread 'cause I'm a bum who only comes on psow when I wander over this way. I just post on whatever new threads I see. But I'll hunt down your thread. :)

dias_flac_0g
Dec 17, 2010, 03:10 AM
Haha cool =P

As for the "l33t" thread dont bothered it had to get close down cuz people cant behave in controversial topics xD

Chunky McMunky
Dec 17, 2010, 10:12 PM
heres a question for you... is is immature to blacklist someone i bought a rare mission from who took the 1million inside the mission and then kicked me and everyone else who payed from the mission? or is it ok for the host to do that?

dias_flac_0g
Dec 18, 2010, 01:47 AM
heres a question for you... is is immature to blacklist someone i bought a rare mission from who took the 1million inside the mission and then kicked me and everyone else who payed from the mission? or is it ok for the host to do that?

This doesnt fall under my topic so much because this is scamming, but to answer your question I would blacklist someone too if they did that to me. So yea its perfectly fine to do so. This pretty much goes for any kind of scamming though.

Most players are legit when it comes to selling the rare missions though. Atleast from what ive seen. However i'm sure there's a few scammers out there who would try this regardless.

Vintasticvin
Dec 22, 2010, 05:03 PM
This doesnt fall under my topic so much because this is scamming, but to answer your question I would blacklist someone too if they did that to me. So yea its perfectly fine to do so. This pretty much goes for any kind of scamming though.

Most players are legit when it comes to selling the rare missions though. Atleast from what ive seen. However i'm sure there's a few scammers out there who would try this regardless.

:-o Forget Blacklisting them I say spread the word so people could be aware and alert of potential scammer O_O

dias_flac_0g
Dec 23, 2010, 07:58 AM
Just got another rare mission!

It was funny cuz the party lead gaved me party lead with the QUICKNESS didnt even ask if I was gonna do the rare run with em xD

Of course I ditched them ^_^

Time to sell this bad boy...lol.

Dont get mad...

Just thought id post that here...

terrell707
Dec 23, 2010, 09:15 PM
lol. this topic is funny. My two cents, (or maybe three or four.... whatever spare change i have in my pocket) it says "So and so has earned the right to a rare mission" or something along those lines. So, this So and so person has the right to do whatever they want with the mission. Personally, if i like the group im in, ill play the mission with them, if not, then ill find a different party. But when i use to play this game a lot, i never had this problem. Whoever earned the right to the mission in my party always brought the party along. They would proably boot the people they didnt like, but for the most part, we always did the mission together. IN MY OPINION however, (again my opinion. lol) if the random people in your group are a cool group to run with and they dont seem to have any problems, why not bring them along for the rare mission? A lot of people say that they go and run the rare mission with their friends as soon as they get it, well hopefully these friends are doing the same for you. :)

Darki
Dec 23, 2010, 09:29 PM
If I got a rare mission and I didn't have anything else to do with it in the char I'm doing and no friends are near, I wouldn't mind taking along the party I was with when I got it. But the thing is that in most of the cases if I know that some friends that are or aren't present at the moment will benefit from it, I just keep it for them.

For example now, my girlfriend has a rare mission in her main character and I have two, one in my main and another in my alt. I'm waiting for her to reach level 100 so we can do it together in S2. Is that bad? Lol, I believe not, but as the idea says, "I" earned the right to do the mission, so I'll do with it what I believe is the best. And for me the best is to help my girlfriend, not a random person. When my GF is at max level and/or won't benefit from them then I'll start "giving them" to randoms.

bupjo
Dec 24, 2010, 01:16 AM
if there are people willing to buy a rare mission why not sell it? i personally would not sell a rare mission, just not my style...but i don't knock those that do. i was always party leader when i did missions because i just don't do randoms, but randoms would join my mission if i had it open...if i got a rare mission with them, i'd ask them which one they'd like to go on, we took a vote and went there. one time this happened and at the end of the mission the guys i ran with actually dropped meseta to pay me for the rare mission which was very cool of them to do, but i told them to keep it because for one it's just a game, but i liked the gesture, and two i'm just not into the selling/buying rare missions thingy...but again i don't knock a person selling them because there is someone willing to buy it, so take advantage of that if that's your thing. i cancelled my subscription a few months ago and i'm not sure how mature the community is now...but i hope it has matured in some way.

bloodflowers
Dec 24, 2010, 06:22 AM
Just got another rare mission!

It was funny cuz the party lead gaved me party lead with the QUICKNESS didnt even ask if I was gonna do the rare run with em xD

Of course I ditched them ^_^

Time to sell this bad boy...lol.

Dont get mad...

Just thought id post that here...

Yeah - we get it, you're a fairly obnoxious troll.

Fortunately I was able to add you to my blacklist a few days ago so that never becomes a problem for me or anyone I'm in a party with.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 24, 2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah - we get it, you're a fairly obnoxious troll.

Fortunately I was able to add you to my blacklist a few days ago so that never becomes a problem for me or anyone I'm in a party with.

I actually sold another one like 30 mins ago lmao.

Making 7.5mill in a couple of mins never hurts man ^_^

Also, thank you for Blisting me. I'm sure I wouldnt want to play with someone like you either, so in the end you did me a nice favor as well. Haha thank you. :)

Keep the butthurtness coming.

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 24, 2010, 01:11 PM
I personally would never buy anything from someone I did not know (very well) as a friend through PSO-W, Sega, or other forums.

As for the blacklisting this between ppl who simply dislike people i have this to say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Ishia
Dec 24, 2010, 01:26 PM
You can do whatever you want with your rare, but stop being such an obnoxious ass about it.

Darki
Dec 24, 2010, 01:40 PM
Lol blacklisting someone for selling a rarz mission? Next time I see someone picking a rarz in a mission and not giving it to me I'll BL him/her.

I don't really get why people get so carried away with things like this, but BL'ing people just because they don't share your opinion is a bit... childish.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 24, 2010, 02:02 PM
Lol blacklisting someone for selling a rarz mission? Next time I see someone picking a rarz in a mission and not giving it to me I'll BL him/her.

I don't really get why people get so carried away with things like this, but BL'ing people just because they don't share your opinion is a bit... childish.

Gracias, thank you thank you xD

You beat me too it.

It's life though. People tend to dislike others when they dont share the same views as they do. Somethings such views can be serious matters, but calling someone a "troll" and dislking that person just because he doesnt have your same views on the GAME is downright stipid.

That's why i'm glad such a pathetic person added me to his list. He did ME a favor so i'm happy about that ^_^

bloodflowers
Dec 24, 2010, 02:34 PM
I actually sold another one like 30 mins ago lmao.

Making 7.5mill in a couple of mins never hurts man ^_^

Also, thank you for Blisting me. I'm sure I wouldnt want to play with someone like you either, so in the end you did me a nice favor as well. Haha thank you. :)

Keep the butthurtness coming.

I have no problem with the selling or buying of rare missions where a party wasn't ditched. A lot of people find these solo or when running with 1 or 2 friends.

Mimo
Dec 24, 2010, 06:11 PM
I don't play PSU anymore, but when I did get a rare mission I usually shared it with the party that helped me find it. I didn't find it a big deal when getting one, so when other ppl got one and didn't want to share it, I'd just tell them to have fun etc. Really, I never got hyped about finding a rare mission. If anything there was an obligation in me to be courteous to friends and pay them back for the freebies. Though the only time I was excited about a rare mission is when they first came out. Also when I got them on JP side, because I was inviting JP people and there was a problem with communicating. Those moments were funny. xD

Anyways, I agree that people should do whatever they want with their rare missions but.. just be humble about the outcome? Though it's funny how one can boast about such silly little things. s:

'OMAHGAWD I EARNED 2MIL on PSUUU..!!' (PSU still has nabs?) :D

pikachief
Dec 24, 2010, 06:14 PM
ya honestly, i wont boot anyone and i have never sold a rare mission until recently i did once, but

u get lucky and u get a rare mission. You make money off of it. But why is that any difference from:

You get lucky and u get a rare in a mission. You make money off of it. As long as the people you were playing with it get into your rare mission as well there should be no problem with it :D (even though i usually do just give them away to randoms unless i really need money like that last one)

dias_flac_0g
Dec 24, 2010, 06:33 PM
Well I dont boot anyone lol.

If I get the rare mission, I usually stay in the party that i'm in because I just want to continue playing the game and doing event runs.

But when the party leader like gives me the lead as soon as we step outside. I just leave cuz it's obvious that they want to come on my rare mission.

But I have no intentions of sharing it with them xD

However, if they want to pay 1.5mill for a spot they are more than welcome. I dont scam them or anything. Once I get the money it's all good.

As for the 'teh omg! I gotz teH 2 millz in PSU!" comment.

Getting money for selling a rare misison isnt much I understand that. But getting 7.5 (assuming you sell it for my price) isnt bad at all.

I'm not boasting. I'm just just saying...

Plus we all have our ways to make money. That just happens to be one of my ways. A little bit of money starts to actaully stack up :) That's how I see it.

The courteous thing doesnt bother me at all. I mean lets get real here. This is a game.

I know I sound really selfish, and i wont lie I am really selfish in the game I only care about my chars.

This however doesnt mean that i'm a selfish person irl where it actually counts you know? I'm actaully a really cool non selfish person irl weather you believe that or not. I'm not really here to prove that to you guys though xD

bloodflowers
Dec 24, 2010, 06:56 PM
The courteous thing doesnt bother me at all. I mean lets get real here. This is a game.

How people behave in game usually betrays their true personality.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 24, 2010, 07:17 PM
How people behave in game usually betrays their true personality.

Some of us actually have a clear understanding that it's just a game and not real life. I've met many people who keep their real life stuff out of psu. That's how I see it as well. The game is a game and it will stay as a game. What goes on in psu stays in psu.

Unfortunately, not everyone thinks this way. To some psu IS their life...

Again, just as I am free to do what I want with my rares, you are also free to believe what you wish so it's cool. Like I said i'm not here to prove anything to you :)

pikachief
Dec 24, 2010, 07:24 PM

that doesn't mean they aren't real people that your playing with. You know, human beings "irl".

You bassically said that u just don't care about being courteous to people in general because when u interact with players that is who you are interacting to. People.

You are being selfish towards people, not a video game character. These people are people who live "irl" So you in a sense really are being selfish "irl" sorry :P

EDIT: And I understand the whole "its just a game." that just give even more of a reason to be generous. not "Oh its a game so if what u do is a waste thats ok with me as long as i get what I want, u can go ahead and waste whatever REAL LIFE time you want on this game as long as MY time is worth it."

It should be "oh its just a game, i don't really care, here let me think about being nice because i don't NEED this stuff because its just a game. Here maybe you'd be happy with this, I don't care much about it cuz its just a game" lol

The material is the "its just a game" the feelings, the courtesy, and the respect is where it ties into real life.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 24, 2010, 07:32 PM
that doesn't mean they aren't real people that your playing with. You know, human beings "irl".

You bassically said that u just don't care about being courteous to people in general because when u interact with players that is who you are interacting to. People.

You are being selfish towards people, not a video game character. These people are people who live "irl" So you in a sense really are being selfish "irl" sorry :P

EDIT: And I understand the whole "its just a game." that just give even more of a reason to be generous. not "Oh its a game so if what u do is a waste thats ok with me as long as i get what I want, u can go ahead and waste whatever REAL LIFE time you want on this game as long as MY time is worth it."

It should be "oh its just a game, i don't really care, here let me think about being nice because i don't NEED this stuff because its just a game. Here maybe you'd be happy with this, I don't care much about it cuz its just a game" lol

The material is the "its just a game" the feelings, the courtesy, and the respect is where it ties into real life.

Yea, but it's still not real life no matter how pretty you word it.

I'm not communicating with them on a personal level. Also, we are talking about an in GAME item which has no VALUE irl.

If I decide not to take my party with me on my rare run, it should not have any impact on their personal lives.

This again however leads to the "To some psu is their life" line.

If you fall into that then I guess it will hurt you irl...Which is sad and you shouldnt be on psu because it's actually bad for your health to say the least...

bloodflowers
Dec 24, 2010, 08:02 PM

That's where you're wrong - when you interact with other people, it's just another social medium. There's nothing special about it that excludes it from all of the other ways in which you interact with people, save from the detachment that allows some people to act how they'd prefer to at other times, but can't due to peer pressure (or in extreme cases, laws).

Take for example scammers on PSU. These are people who are fundamentally dishonest, only the law will stop them (maybe) in 'real life'.

There is no 'you' and 'online you' unless you're doing -actual- roleplay. People who say there is, are usually the ones who act like assholes online, just because they can get away with it to greater or lesser extents.

Mimo
Dec 24, 2010, 08:33 PM
Yes it is just a game, but still important to be nice to people out there in the world! Some friends I played with I actually knew them in real life, so I know that the person I'm talking to has feelings... feelings that need to be handled with care! I'm not sure about some Xbox players, but having the oppurtunity to talk with someone over a microphone and knowing they're there would of been something new and intense for me. I would feel ashamed if I ever verbally hurt someone.. especially over some game.

Agreed with bloodflowers.. it is sometimes sad to see people act rude just because they think they can get away with things.. because they are thousands of miles away from other users. We shouldn't hurt each other. :<

Anyways, since it's about that time. Happy holidays to the ones reading this! :-D -gets ready for dinner-

Darki
Dec 24, 2010, 09:27 PM
Well, I agree with the niceness and generosity in game and stuff, I ccould say I agree with Bloodflowers and Pikachief... I try to be as nice as possible and when I play with other people, at least with english people (I can't do this too much in JP server because of the language barrier, I don't talk too much there unless I know they talk ennglish), I ask when there's a rare and things like that...

But I still think keeping a rare mission for me and my friends is not something dishonest or disrespectful. I mean, I'm sorry but in any case I think it's of a very bad taste to "expect" that someone is going to share his/her rare mission with you, end when they don't, act in a disrespectful manner and demmand it and/or blacklist you for it.

First of all, even having any social "rule" and code of "honor", the mission IS OWNED by the person who gets it. So you gotta see it as a gift IF they decide to invite you. It's very childish to take for granted "good manners" and not being thankful for them but being bothered when bad manners come.

I'm sorry, but many people here sound like if in the moment someone gets a rare mission "in their party" the mission is automatically theirs and they're being robbed when they're not invited. Not eveybody has a "stupid" as you could say, reason, like selling the mission, to leave the party and keep it to themselves, they might have actually a real honest and respectful reason to keep it to themselves, like to share it for a close friend that is not playing at the moment.

As I said first, if I keep MY rare mission to help levelling a friend or friends or my girlfriend and you're not invited, that's none of your business. If you're going to get mad at it, well, you can choke on it and die. I'm not doing it to bother you, I'm doing it to please others that are closer to me than you, and I still don't get what's the trouble about it.

In any case, I'd say it's more disrespectful and selfish to get bothered for that, even more, it's like a child getting angry in a supermarket because mom didn't buy them the toy they've been looking for 30 minutes and believe is theirs already. Just grow up and stop being asses.

Cleptomaniac
Dec 25, 2010, 10:41 AM

What would you call berating someone because they don't share the same opinion as you?
I wonder what I should call you, then...?

Darki
Dec 25, 2010, 12:13 PM
Me, why? Who am I berating?

I'm just saying that nobody has any right over other person's rare mission to demand to be invited to it, or as you say, berate him/her for whatever they do with it.

People here assume very easily the wrong notion that for just being in the party with the person who gets it, they ought to be included in it, and in many posts I've read here, it seems that no matter the reasons, I'm going to be a "bad", "selfish", "n00b" person when I decide to leave a party when I get the rare mission, And I'm going to be blacklisted in many cases if I do something with it like selling invitations for it or running it alone.

People tend to forget that the owner of it ISN'T obliged to take in account anybody else when deciding how to behave. Even if it's "moral" or "polite" to do so, nobody has the right to blame you for doing what they believe is more correct with it, in any case you should to be always thankful IF you're invited, because people tend to take it for granted very quickly. Like in my case, I prefer to share it with my close friends before sharing it with people I don't know. Is that selfish, umpolite or bad to do so? Well, ask my friends then if they believe that, because, same that I prefer to invite them, I'm not going to take in mind your opinion about me more than theirs.

I agree that dias_flac_0g is being a bit obnoxious and is trolling a bit (he's having fun thanks to you who give him what he wants), but I don't believe is bad to do whatever you want with your rares. They're yours after all, and if I don't scam or hurt anybody, you don't have any right to blame me for doing so. You're free to blacklist me if you don't like my behaviour (although I believe is really selfish and childish to put me the "bad person" flag when I decide to share MY rare mission with my close ones instead with someone I don't know), and do without regrets because you'll do me a favor too.

Instead of braging like a crybaby for when other people do with their rarz what you don't like, it seems nobody though about the other possiblity: Be a nice person in the party, get along with everybody and it can happen that the person who gets the rare mission will consider you "friend" enough to take you to the mission. Because being an ass and complaining because you weren't invited is not going to make that person to invite you next time, in fact is going to make him/her to kick you and BL you to keep your mouth shut (that's what I'd possibly do). In old US/EU PC servers I got invited to many rare missions just because at the end of the previous mission I ended being pals with everybody there, being humble and nice, not a pretentious pr0 who believes he deserves everything. Unfortunately is very easy to get used to act that way.

BIG OLAF
Dec 25, 2010, 12:19 PM
Hmm, the name of this thread seems a bit ironic now, I think.

Bozl1n2k2
Dec 25, 2010, 10:37 PM

I'm not communicating with them on a personal level. Also, we are talking about an in GAME item which has no VALUE irl.

Let me state right of the bat b4 i look at the errors in the quoted post.

I agree with your reasoning. I agree that a mission is yours to do with as you please. I strongly agree with the concept of looking after your frends and booting retards from rare mission spots.

However - im not entirely sure how much more personaly you can communicate with some1 than talking to them - which you promote by your criteria for allowing randoms to join "if we talk and have fun i let them join" Thats a personal level. If your talking to some1, be it on the street, in a game or elsewhere.

Smoke signals are non personal communication, talking sure as hell is.

The statement - has no real value irl - look at the selling price ingame for a spread needle - then go look at the value of meseta for $. Although that is somewhat outside of your topics rails - youre very much mistaken.

Crysteon
Dec 25, 2010, 10:44 PM

Agreed, lol. Poor souls D:

Tyreek
Dec 25, 2010, 10:53 PM

I may be inclined to agree.

dias_flac_0g
Dec 26, 2010, 11:33 AM
Let me state right of the bat b4 i look at the errors in the quoted post.

I agree with your reasoning. I agree that a mission is yours to do with as you please. I strongly agree with the concept of looking after your frends and booting retards from rare mission spots.

However - im not entirely sure how much more personaly you can communicate with some1 than talking to them - which you promote by your criteria for allowing randoms to join "if we talk and have fun i let them join" Thats a personal level. If your talking to some1, be it on the street, in a game or elsewhere.

Smoke signals are non personal communication, talking sure as hell is.

The statement - has no real value irl - look at the selling price ingame for a spread needle - then go look at the value of meseta for $. Although that is somewhat outside of your topics rails - youre very much mistaken.

The thing is that people shouldnt be buying meseta for real money in the first place so that example is worthless. There's no point in even bringing this up seeing as it it's something that shouldnt be done in the first place and I think most of us can agree on this.

People who buy meseta with real money (or ingame rare items) simply have no life plain and simple.

Like I said, what goes on in psu stays in psu. No matter what you say it's not "real life" it's funny how you guys keep trying to stress that it "is" hahahaha.

Plus the item in psu hold no value in real life even though some losers actually pay money for items and meseta that doesnt mean it's "real life" xDDDD

Darki
Dec 26, 2010, 12:10 PM
Well, you do pay "money" for playing, which covers rares, meseta and moving around. In PSU JP, people sell items they get through GC when they don't need them to make money and it's perfectly legal.

I don't think that's being a loser. Same way that someone does with their rares what they want, dude, someone does with money that they want. I'm not saying that is good to buy meseta, but you actually do it in the game "indirectly" in many cases. It's wrong because it goes agaiinst the rules, that's all.

Bozl1n2k2
Dec 30, 2010, 02:49 AM
The thing is that people shouldnt be buying meseta for real money in the first place so that example is worthless. There's no point in even bringing this up seeing as it it's something that shouldnt be done in the first place and I think most of us can agree on this.

People who buy meseta with real money (or ingame rare items) simply have no life plain and simple.

Like I said, what goes on in psu stays in psu. No matter what you say it's not "real life" it's funny how you guys keep trying to stress that it "is" hahahaha.

Plus the item in psu hold no value in real life even though some losers actually pay money for items and meseta that doesnt mean it's "real life" xDDDD

You took it upon yourself to concentrate on what was the "far more meaningless" part of my post.

At no point did i or do i attempt to imply that PSU is real life. My post was that when communicateing with people, you should do so with a level of decency and respect.

Unfortunately, while i agree with the point you put accross in your original post, the decension into "real life" ties within the topic, seems to stem from you hurling insults stateing people have no real lives....

Ill leave the topic with a life worthwhile motto, in regards to games, real life and rare missions if it fits -

Treat others as you would wish to be treated

Vintasticvin
Dec 30, 2010, 05:27 PM
Well, you do pay "money" for playing, which covers rares, meseta and moving around. In PSU JP, people sell items they get through GC when they don't need them to make money and it's perfectly legal.

I don't think that's being a loser. Same way that someone does with their rares what they want, dude, someone does with money that they want. I'm not saying that is good to buy meseta, but you actually do it in the game "indirectly" in many cases. It's wrong because it goes agaiinst the rules, that's all.

That makes no doggone sense and your logic is dumber than dirt.:-D

Powder Keg
Dec 30, 2010, 06:38 PM
Welp................this thread sucks.

Darki
Dec 30, 2010, 07:00 PM
That makes no doggone sense and your logic is dumber than dirt.:-D

First that wasn't directed to you. Second, you could explain what are you talking about because saying that someone's "logic" is dumb without giving proof is really foolish, and third, I by no means disrespected anybody with my post unlike you, so start by learning some manners. Shut your mouth and at least try to only look retarded, but don't actually show how much you are by opening it, and AFTER that you might become a sentient being with the ability to post in a forum without looking like a 5-years-old troll. I really hope you try, please. I don't know who the fuck are you, and I don't like when someone directs their brain-disfunctional rants over me without reason.

Geez, you gotta love when someone joins a discussion randomly insulting people without even making sense.

Welp................this thread sucks.

As a matter of fact, it does. And it gets better, lol.

If anyone wants to know what I meant, anyways, seeing the waste of brain capacity that little Vintasticvin did (poor him, he has to be exhausted), I just meant that the only reason for "meseta buyng" to be "bad" is that it goes against the game rules to sell game stuff for money by third party agents. SEGA does it with GUARIANS Cash, so I wouldn't say that paying money for stuff is retarded when probably 99% of existing MMORPGs have something like GC. And people pay for playing. Yeah, going against the rules is a shit, but that's it, not the act of using money for game stuff, when we do it all the time.

Powder Keg
Dec 30, 2010, 08:16 PM
This is the only real way I can sum it up:

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv135/deochx/god.jpg

Vintasticvin
Dec 31, 2010, 04:31 AM
This is the only real way I can sum it up:

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv135/deochx/god.jpg

I can't agree with you anymore :bondage:

Wayu
Dec 31, 2010, 05:02 AM
^

Says one who fed fuel to the flames.

Mods, someone lock this topic?

-Wayu

Vintasticvin
Dec 31, 2010, 05:19 AM
Darki I'm not exhausted one bit and I know it wasnt directed at me but I just couldn't help but voice my thoughts on the matter. Also I do have manners and (for someone saying to learn manners, you should too) I will not shut my mouth until I decide to do so.

I AM a sentinent being that has a fully functional brain and the ability to post in a forum and I humbly apologize if my short but sweet opinion was too much for you to handle.

it really doesnt make sense as to why someone would waste 20-80 dollars or whatever the said country's currency isto buy rares and then sell them ingame. This "money" the JP PSU crowd pays to play comes from either your credit card (GC items which people buy to sell ingame for a riduculous amount of meseta) or hours of blood sweat and tears from spamming the stage.

And for the record I wasn't insultig you but will if you would like to.

Powder Keg, this thread doesn't sucks its hilairious and asking for a pro troll to wreak havoc.

Now for the sake of this thread I'll be leaving so it doesn't get locked up by the mods. peace love and rappy wings everyone and happy new years!

Cookie Monster
Dec 31, 2010, 05:38 AM
*too lazy to read 8 pages of what is bound to be flame wars*

As a response to ONLY THE TC. :smile:

First up: I for one don't run a whole lot with randoms anymore, when I get rares most of the time it's with friends I run with daily so we just do the rare and keep on rolling.

Second: When I do find one with randoms I run it WITH them; just the same as when I find rare items that actually can be split I usually just give them some money upfront and go sell the item to recoup/gain profit.

Third: I agree (if this is what you were trying to say) that people shouldn't think others are obligated to run the rare they found just because they were in the same party together when it happened.
Most of the time regarding this people have been cool with me wanting to run it with my friends, ect... (not like throwing a fit will really help anyways right?)

Fourth: Selling rares? Why not give them to friends and "help a brotha out" :(

Lastly: No way in @%!# can I say PSU community has grown up AT ALL. In fact, I think the demo on the xbox has overflown and spilled tons of children back into the actual game... :no:

No offense towards any kiddies, I love you all the same as long as you keep it clean and mind your manners. ^^;

PS: reading down before posting I noticed mentions of buying meseta.
Food For Thought: Why spend money to make a game easier/shorter?
We pay to play, and find gear and make the game our own.
Buying meseta ruins half the experience of the game (making money/becoming better!).

Since we're talking about maturity, wouldn't buying meseta be equivalent to using cheat codes to win a game...
I remember doing that as a child, but now I ussually just play the game and win with my own sweat and blood... and many... MANY TEARS... WHY DO THEY ALWAYS BREAK GOING TO 10/10? :argh:

NOW THEN... OFF TO EAT MY WHEATIES!!!! :-D

*flees the flame war with spoon in hand*

Dhylec
Dec 31, 2010, 10:08 AM
Ok, let's all agree that we disagree on certain ways of how we play.