PDA

View Full Version : Playing PSU for the first time: An Introducton.

vancealmighty
Dec 19, 2010, 05:21 AM
Hello community! My name is Vance, and I've been playing video games forever. It's my favorite thing to do, and recently, I've decided to purchase Phantasy Star Universe. This is my first--- yes, FIRST PS game, and it's been a looooong time coming. I can remember my friend playing PSO on the Dreamcast years ago, and I always loved watching him play it at his house. I was very intimidated at the time, considering I didn't even have the internet. I missed every major online release of the series until PSU, and even until now I've been ignoring it. The subscription price has always held me back from outright purchasing it.

That was until two days ago. I ordered it online for 13.81$ to play through the single player (i like my achievements c:), and I decided to come here to see if the online was rewarding enough to merit a subscription.

So, that's what I'd like to know from anyone who's wanting to tell me. How is the online now? Is the community alive, and if so, is it full of good people who are willing to help n00bs like myself, or jaded old-timers who don't want to?

I'm very eager to meet new people online, and on here, so don't be afraid to add me on Xbox. My gamertag is vance almighty.

Amaury
Dec 19, 2010, 11:23 AM
I hope you ordered the Xbox 360 version, because the PC / PS2 servers were shut down on March 31st, 2010 / April 1st, 2010.

I'd help, but I was from the PC / PS2 servers.

Dragwind
Dec 19, 2010, 02:28 PM
The 360 population is doing quite well I'd say. If you are seeking beginner help, I'm sure many people here on the site would be glad to meet up with you in-game and help you get started.

TehCliff
Dec 19, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hi there!

I'm also new to the game and the forums. I have been playing the game for 2 days now and Almost everybody wants to help me out if i ask something (noobish) somebody walked with me buying me some weaps and gear showing me what quests to do and after it hè give me 100k meseta!

My ingame name is the Same name as my username here. Everybody can add me. And tips are always welcome!

Tart
Dec 19, 2010, 11:17 PM
yes if you are new and not rude or a begger you will find alot of help on PSU i love doing noob tours and dont mind throwing some meseta at noobies so they can get some PA's

look for me

Tart F beast 160
Lil Tart F newman 130
Tiny Tart F Human 60
AJ laks girl F CAST 70 (GF's Toon )

Chibi_psu
Dec 21, 2010, 03:56 AM
360 is playable right now...Just like ps2/pc was back in the good old days(snif... lol)

Vintasticvin
Dec 22, 2010, 04:59 PM
D'aww tis okay Chibi Im sure the 360 crowd is enjoying you like the pc/ps2 crowd did. As for the newbies to PSU online welcome have fun and grab them rares!!!!!