PDA

View Full Version : Copy, paste.

Eum
Mar 11, 2003, 07:15 PM
Respect EVERYBODY in the forum. Everyone's equal here. This forum isn't just for one group or individual. Flaming will not be tolerated. You flame, you get banned. No discriminatory or derogatory remarks. Racist remarks, derogatory statements about another religion or belief, or ethnocentrism will result in banning. So, don't.

I'm truly sorry to those individuals who are offended on a constant basis by people too simplistic to utilize any brain that exists within their ever-so-inflated heads.

People are intelligent enough to copy and paste BBcode tags, but just can't seem to open their eyes and stop hiding from a beautiful thing that has been referred to as the "truth"; this is upsetting. It's truly depressing to analyze the situation on the internet, currently, as it depicts a horrifying reality.

Kupi
Mar 11, 2003, 07:27 PM
Pardon? O_o I don't get what you mean...

neko-chan
Mar 11, 2003, 07:32 PM
I hope you're not referring to me. Haven't did and said anything bad recently except throwing stones toward the boss's car.

The problem is not the Internet. Sure, on the Internet you come in contact with all those 15 years old kids badass wannabe, but at the same time you get the chance to meet people, sometimes nice people, you'd never get in touch in any other way in real life such as Subliminalgroove and her flexibility... drools.

Uhm... now go and votefor me as Nekophile (or Puppy Wuppy, or Chibi Chaser).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-03-11 16:34 ]</font>

Eum
Mar 11, 2003, 08:00 PM
I was just tired of reading all of the homosexual slander, so I figured I would release my anger in the form of a thread.

Hopefully, some of the people who are guilty of this will read, and realize how utterly childish and disgusting they sound both online, and off.

Subliminalgroove
Mar 11, 2003, 08:09 PM
Yeah, that does tend to get on my nerves as well.
But its something you just have to take the teeth out of. You can't expect a world of close minded bigots to stop hating. OR expect a bunch of gamers to quit using slang that has deroggatory roots.

Ness
Mar 11, 2003, 08:17 PM
On 2003-03-11 17:00, Eum wrote:
I was just tired of reading all of the homosexual slander, so I figured I would release my anger in the form of a thread.

Hopefully, some of the people who are guilty of this will read, and realize how utterly childish and disgusting they sound both online, and off.

Interesting.....

I've never seen this side of you before, and I must say it's not all that bad.

I've never heard anyone make anti-homosexual comments in awhile here, but I usually get here after everything has been edited.

Personally, I don't have a problem with them, as long as they don't try to hit on me I'm all good.

Also I've noticed that in the threads were homosexual comments were made, none of the homosexuals spoke out against it. I know if someone shouted anti- black comments I would be pretty upset.

Two last questions: what brought this up? Are you a homosexual?

Eum
Mar 11, 2003, 08:17 PM
Regardless, if even one person re-analyzes the way they act online, in terms of terminology, I'll feel accomplished.

LollipopLolita
Mar 11, 2003, 08:38 PM
On 2003-03-11 17:00, Eum wrote:
I was just tired of reading all of the homosexual slander.

Ugh I totally agree with you.

And ness:

On 2003-03-11 17:17, Ness wrote:
Personally, I don't have a problem with them, as long as they don't try to hit on me I'm all good.

Also I've noticed that in the threads were homosexual comments were made, none of the homosexuals spoke out against it. I know if someone shouted anti- black comments I would be pretty upset.

1. Homosexuals aren't rabid people who'll go around hitting on you endlessly. Besides if a guy hit on you, it doesn't mean you're less of a man.

2. You know how hard is it to come out? Knowing the sentiments here, why should a perosn speak out?

3. Why does it matter if eum is homosexual or not? why is that even questioned? You don't have to be a homosexual to see that something like this is dumb.

Subliminalgroove
Mar 11, 2003, 09:11 PM
On 2003-03-11 17:38, LollipopLolita wrote:
1. Homosexuals aren't rabid people who'll go around hitting on you endlessly. Besides if a guy hit on you, it doesn't mean you're less of a man.

Hell yes! If someone hits on you, big deal. Say you are flattered but not interested. The only way a gay man could be influencing you regarding your life is if he is harrassing you or sexually assaulting you. Otherwise, its just like a woman you are not interested in hitting on you. Just say you are not interested.

2. You know how hard is it to come out? Knowing the sentiments here, why should a perosn speak out?

God, ain't dat the truth! There wasn't even much of a closet for me to begin with (Bi and very open about myself) but telling the parents that I was attracted to women was a very hard thing to do. Even though I knew they would understand and not have a problem with it.

3. Why does it matter if eum is homosexual or not? why is that even questioned? You don't have to be a homosexual to see that something like this is dumb.

Peach on, brother! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subliminalgroove on 2003-03-11 18:12 ]</font>

neko-chan
Mar 12, 2003, 05:33 AM
On 2003-03-11 17:17, Ness wrote:
Interesting.....

[CUT]

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Please, someone stop Ness... please!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-03-12 02:34 ]</font>

Ness
Mar 12, 2003, 07:16 AM
Whoa calm down! First of all, you all totally over looked the fact that I gave Eum a compliment (oh no hell has frozen over and I'm also trying to focus on the positive here).

On 2003-03-11 17:38, LollipopLolita wrote:

[quote]1. Homosexuals aren't rabid people who'll go around hitting on you endlessly. Besides if a guy hit on you, it doesn't mean you're less of a man.

I'm aware of that. I have a homosexual friend. Never did I imply that they were rapid, but after they hit one me it changes the dynamics of the relationship just like when a guy hits on a girl and gets turned down she may not want to be friends afterwards.

I'm not talking about those that haven't come out, I'm talking about those that are openly gay and bisexual here on this forum and they know who they are.

3. Why does it matter if eum is homosexual or not? why is that even questioned?

The question here is why do you care whether or not I want to know Eum's sexual orientation?

You don't have to be a homosexual to see that something like this is dumb.

Oh course you don't but that's not the point I was making.

ABDUR101
Mar 12, 2003, 02:08 PM
On 2003-03-12 04:16, Ness wrote:
Whoa calm down! First of all, you all totally over looked the fact that I gave Eum a compliment (oh no hell has frozen over and I'm also trying to focus on the positive here).

One compliment and a barrage of questions which common sense could answer.

I'm aware of that. I have a homosexual friend. Never did I imply that they were rapid, but after they hit one me it changes the dynamics of the relationship just like when a guy hits on a girl and gets turned down she may not want to be friends afterwards.

The way you worded what you said implied that "Homosexuals are ok as long as they don't get near me". Being hit on by a homosexual is by no means something anyone should take offense to. The way you worded it gave off the impression that was brought up. And anyone who doesn't want to be friends with someone just because they made a pass, ugh, that doesn't make any sense either.

And I'd think you'd be more understanding about this issue if you have a homosexual friend.

I'm not talking about those that haven't come out, I'm talking about those that are openly gay and bisexual here on this forum and they know who they are.

There's alot I could have said, but whats the point? It's in the rules for users not to use slander and offensive slang. And it's being spoken about now anyways. And yes, if it's noticed on the forum it is usually mentioned. After you say it enough times and no one gets the hint, it feels like a lost cause to try and enlighten people who aren't going to listen. Thus, it was added into the rules.

But the fact that Eum posted this thread shows that even those who aren't homosexual easily take offense to the mis-use of slang.

The question here is why do you care whether or not I want to know Eum's sexual orientation?

No Ness, the original question you stated was asking if Eum was a homosexual and what brought them to make this thread. Thus, why do you care if Eum is or not? What revalence does that have to the topic at hand? Someone took offense to the mis-use of slang and they posted about it, they don't have to be a homosexual to take offense anymore than someone has to be black to take offense to the use of the "N" word.

Oh course you don't but that's not the point I was making.

You could have added another sentence and told us what your point was. It makes it alot easier.