PDA

View Full Version : Do you blacklist when...

dias_flac_0g
Dec 20, 2010, 04:02 PM
People spam things such as "S2 party WFI!!", "S2 speed runs no NOOBS wfi!" etc etc during events?

This is an interesting topic to me because, back when I played in the PS2/PC servers tons of players would blacklist me (this was in vanilla psu) just because I would spam such things or similar things when all I wanted to do was get a party going.

I always thought it was a really silly thing to do. I mean really you gonna blacklist someone because they just want to get a party going?

Now before we continue I wanna make something clear. It's perfectly fine to B-list people who are just spamming BS all over the place and whatnot. We are all grown ups here (atleast I want to believe we are) so I dont need to explain what this BS is.

Anyways, when I moved to the 360 servers back when AOTI came out I noticed that people on these servers were MUCH more open to the "S2 party wfi" spam, I mean it was pretty much the THING to do.

Overall it seems like it's accepted by most players, but I still run into some that actually blacklist players just for doing that. Like I said I think it's really stupid because the blacklist should be used against those people who you do not like or who have been rude to you and you just dont ever wish to run a mission with again. That's what I think the Blist should be used for and to cut down on all the BS spam of course.

I'm 100% sure that people have me on their Blist for this very reason alone. How can I tell? Well sometimes when you are like "s2 party wfi" you'll sometimes get people to come up to you but not wave at all then they leave, chances are you have been Blisted for the sole reason of wanting to start up a group to get a mission done.

Really now? xD That bothers you?

If you cant handle a lil spam (thats not even directed towards you in a negative way) you need to GTFO the interwebs seriously...

When you Blist people for no reason like that, you are pretty much saying that you NEVER want to have any type of contact with said person ever again just because he/she wanted to start a party.

Which is down right silly IMO. I never do it. A lil spam doesnt hurt me. I'm not that sensitive lol.

So again what are your opinions on this matter?

This is another hot topic that I been wanting to discus for a while so I had to make it this time =P

BIG OLAF
Dec 20, 2010, 04:12 PM
I only blacklist people that spam when I'm trying to have a text conversation with someone, because it inhibits me from reading their responses with giant walls of "S2 WFI" or "SELLING S RANK RARE 1.5MIL", etc.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Dec 20, 2010, 04:39 PM
it bothers me when people spam things like that as fast as they can, but for ppl sayin WFI and stuff, i never blist them. i do however blist the people spalling what weapons they're selling or whatever just because im never interested in buying and it just makes it hard to see where the WFI ppl are. but i empty my blist every day though so im not limiting myself by potentially missing out on parties or anything in the future

DuRaL
Dec 20, 2010, 04:41 PM
i (usually) don't blacklist people who spam for the purpose of getting a party, selling very expensive stuff you can't sell in shops (like red knight or spread needle 10/10) or selling rare missions..

but on all other occasions, especially when it's too much spam on my screen, say hello to my blacklist, spammer >_>
i wouldn't want to do missions or be friends with dumb people who spam crap like "selling xxx in shop wave for card" because they're too stupid to understand how the shop system works, or "need 1 mil PLZZZZ"-beggars anyway ;)

Darki
Dec 20, 2010, 04:42 PM
The only person I've ever blacklisted was an idiot in old EU/US server. In events I've BL'd many people but usually it's just to get rid of the mindfucking text, and when I'm out of the spammed area I clear the blacklist.

In JP server, I dunno, I'm amazed because here you NEVER find spammers, everybody is so polite...

It has to be the mindset. Now I feel ashamed of being an european caveman ._.

pikachief
Dec 20, 2010, 04:47 PM
I never spam that im selling stuff or any of that nonsense but somehow i still end up on tons of people's B-list :/ and im sure its not how i act in parties because at lot of these are people i've never played with who cant join my party because they have me b-listed and dont remember y lol

People are too B-list happy sometimes, i wish people would just get over it instead of avoiding every possible player lol

DuRaL
Dec 20, 2010, 04:54 PM
good point, Darki xD
i always found it interesting to see how japanese have a different way of playing community-based online games compared to.. well, western people
like on PSO, they would always drop the items at the end of the quest and share them with the team, even when playing with strangers! if you drop an item in an american or european team you can be 100% sure someone takes it within a second and you'll never see it again xD

sorry, my post got kinda off-topic ^^;

dias_flac_0g
Dec 20, 2010, 04:57 PM
I only blacklist people that spam when I'm trying to have a text conversation with someone, because it inhibits me from reading their responses with giant walls of "S2 WFI" or "SELLING S RANK RARE 1.5MIL", etc.

You do know that there's better ways to communicate right? Trying to have a convo with someone in the 5th floor is silly as hell. It's too packed.

i (usually) don't blacklist people who spam for the purpose of getting a party, selling very expensive stuff you can't sell in shops (like red knight or spread needle 10/10) or selling rare missions..

but on all other occasions, especially when it's too much spam on my screen, say hello to my blacklist, spammer >_>
i wouldn't want to do missions or be friends with dumb people who spam crap like "selling xxx in shop wave for card" because they're too stupid to understand how the shop system works, or "need 1 mil PLZZZZ"-beggars anyway ;)

I agree with the first part.

Second part falls under the "BS spam" that I was talking about so it's perfectly fine to Blist people for that. It's super silly when someone is adverticing something cheap as hell like "S>Vejiri/Rainbow wave for card!!" haha that's retarded as hell.

When it comes to me though, meh i'm not so sensitive. I only really blacklist when you are TRULLY bugging me on a more personal level.

Vickie
Dec 20, 2010, 04:58 PM
Does anyone Blacklist me? hahaha

dias_flac_0g
Dec 20, 2010, 05:09 PM
Just today earlier in the morning I got blacklisted for wanting to start a party actaully which is what reminded me of this topic.

I had a party of 2 GM and a MF (myself) so I was like "S2 party wfi! Need good FM!" and yes I was spamming it but not with the splash sound. So I see this person come up to me and they didnt wave or anything so i was like "I bet he blist me" so I followed that person and I tried brigging up a trade and it said that the trade had been dequiline like automatically. That's how you can tell when someone has you blisted.

I was like "wow really you..." you guys get the picture. I cant go into detail or i'll get modded =P

I event felt like sending that person a message on xboxlive but I was like ah w/e no big deal. Infact i'm glad this person Blist me cuz I wouldnt want to play with someone so stupid like that myself.

I guess my horrible spam "sarcasm" was just tooooOO MUCH for him/her (most likely a he =P)

Powder Keg
Dec 20, 2010, 05:22 PM
No, I will only temporarily do it when people are AFK spamming their trade list.

Trade forum is that way ------->

Darki
Dec 20, 2010, 05:28 PM
Make a trade forum for importers then, smartass.

BTW.

Mystic_Nessly
Dec 22, 2010, 06:17 PM
On the PC/PS2 servers, I actually don't recall seeing (wave for invite) "WFI" spam. It wasn't until I played on the Xbox 360 earlier this year that I found out what that even meant.

I no longer play on the 360 servers, but when I did, the spam would make walking through half-populated areas a headache and a real eyesore. So, I would just slip out the little black list and mark names. It's a real hassle sifting through all those spam bubbles, especially if you actually want to speak to someone without using personal messages. It's a lot easier to just black list the spammer.

I can understand spamming for recruitment into a party if there is a challenging event going on and your team is looking for a particular class to recruit to help speed or make the run easier, but even then, I don't like it. I don't like spam regardless of it's message.

Repeated/forced messages are a headache.

EDIT: I do agree that spamming barter/sale related messages are the WORST. Use forums if you're really desperate to sell items, please! If it doesn't sell in your shop, then there's a reason... Hah

Powder Keg
Dec 22, 2010, 06:42 PM
Make a trade forum for importers then, smartass.

BTW.

What does this even mean? :-?

MillyB
Dec 22, 2010, 06:46 PM
What does this even mean? :-?

Darki is incompetent don't mind him.

Darki
Dec 22, 2010, 08:04 PM
@Powder Keg: I guess it was a bit offtopic, but I just meant that there's people for example that don't even have a forum to "spam" (like us importers that don't have), and I suppose you know that not everybody that plays this game is also part of any forum. I guess in many cases is very annoying but in a moderate way I'd say is natural to do that. In many MMOs there is some kind of feature likea "message panel" that you can pop out and keep it there, but not in PSU.

Darki is incompetent don't mind him.

And you're a disrespectful troll, so I guess that makes you another one that isn't to be minded? I didn't insult you so keep your mouth shut, and I'd like to know in which dreamworld of yours we have meet to you to "know" I'm incompetent, lol.

MillyB
Dec 22, 2010, 08:08 PM
And you're a disrespectful troll, so I guess that makes you another one that isn't to be minded? I didn't insult you so keep your mouth shut, and I'd like to know in which dreamworld of yours we have meet to you to "know" I'm incompetent, lol.

lol you mad bro? but seriously your sarcasm detector is broken go buy a new one.

Darki
Dec 22, 2010, 08:15 PM
Sorry but my "sarcasm detector" doesn't work well on forums where I gotta guess who is getting sarcastic and who's being serious, I lack many visual data, lol.

MillyB
Dec 22, 2010, 08:21 PM
Sorry but my "sarcasm detector" doesn't work well on forums where I gotta guess who is getting sarcastic and who's being serious, I lack many visual data, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAReq4WMmqI

bloodflowers
Dec 22, 2010, 09:12 PM
I don't blacklist people for spamming party adverts, by definition they are actually there and willing to play so it makes no sense at all. AFK spammers though? I hate them and blacklist on sight.

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 23, 2010, 01:27 AM
A Ex-Friend of mine Blacklisted me all because i said he was wasting time doing other missions other than absolute zero missions -.- seriously some people need to grow up..

BIG OLAF
Dec 23, 2010, 01:33 AM
A Ex-Friend of mine Blacklisted me all because i said he was wasting time doing other missions other than absolute zero missions -.- seriously some people need to grow up..

One of my friends got mad at me because he was doing White Beast, and I sent him a Simple Mail asking why he was doing that crap instead of Absolute Zero. I mean, AZ has better EXP, MP, and everything else. I can't fathom why some people are still doing White Beast.

Powder Keg
Dec 23, 2010, 04:29 AM
@Powder Keg: I guess it was a bit offtopic, but I just meant that there's people for example that don't even have a forum to "spam" (like us importers that don't have), and I suppose you know that not everybody that plays this game is also part of any forum. I guess in many cases is very annoying but in a moderate way I'd say is natural to do that. In many MMOs there is some kind of feature likea "message panel" that you can pop out and keep it there, but not in PSU.

I asked because your reply made no sense for the following reasons:

- I don't play on JP.
- Furthermore, I doubt anyone on JP even spams a trade list. I'm sure they know how to use forums.
- There are still playershops and online status that can be used to advertise.
- What would this have to do with a trade forum for importers?

xxmadplayerxx
Dec 23, 2010, 05:12 AM
One of my friends got mad at me because he was doing White Beast, and I sent him a Simple Mail asking why he was doing that crap instead of Absolute Zero. I mean, AZ has better EXP, MP, and everything else. I can't fathom why some people are still doing White Beast.

LOL yup that's exactly what i mean...

Darki
Dec 23, 2010, 06:09 AM
I asked because your reply made no sense for the following reasons:

- I don't play on JP.
- Furthermore, I doubt anyone on JP even spams a trade list. I'm sure they know how to use forums.
- There are still playershops and online status that can be used to advertise.
- What would this have to do with a trade forum for importers?

Knowing how to use forums doesn't mean you use them, and sorry, but the online status sucks. Furthermore, as someone said, if you're selling something that is worth more than a stack you can't put it in your shop, so it can be a bit tricky to find.

And the trade forum for importers, what I mean is that for example if we wanna "advertise" our goodies to sell, we can't because there's no place for us to do here so we would have to spam (and get banned, that's why we don't). It was an example of shy some people can't use forums for that.

MillyB
Dec 23, 2010, 07:23 AM
Knowing how to use forums doesn't mean you use them, and sorry, but the online status sucks. Furthermore, as someone said, if you're selling something that is worth more than a stack you can't put it in your shop, so it can be a bit tricky to find.

And the trade forum for importers, what I mean is that for example if we wanna "advertise" our goodies to sell, we can't because there's no place for us to do here so we would have to spam (and get banned, that's why we don't). It was an example of shy some people can't use forums for that.

lol shop ad much?

Darki
Dec 23, 2010, 08:25 AM
For some reason in JP servers if you write the shop ad in something that is not japanese, you don't sell even half you woould sell otherwise, so I prefer to keep it blank lol.

MillyB
Dec 23, 2010, 10:32 AM
For some reason in JP servers if you write the shop ad in something that is not japanese, you don't sell even half you woould sell otherwise, so I prefer to keep it blank lol.

Put it in Japanese?

Darki
Dec 23, 2010, 10:47 AM
K, smartass v2.0, but I'm not japanese so then translate it to me too, because a Google Translate version doesn't work either, lol.

Akaimizu
Dec 23, 2010, 11:46 AM
The number 1 person I blacklist if they basically spam messages of derogatory stuff for any reason. Or they start throwing around avoiding censorship cuss words just for the sake of doing it.

Number 2 is basically if someone tries to personally annoy me with messages.

MillyB
Dec 23, 2010, 12:13 PM
K, smartass v2.0, but I'm not japanese so then translate it to me too, because a Google Translate version doesn't work either, lol.

:P love how you play on a server that is Japanese and don't even know how to type basic stuff like selling this or selling that. Too funny.

Darki
Dec 23, 2010, 12:23 PM
Don't love me, love SEGA for throwing down the server I played in. And no, I wouldn't play in 360 because it's just easier to learn japanese than dealing with that craptacular console.

Shakuri
Dec 23, 2010, 01:38 PM
I only blacklist when some clown decides to trade spam me.

Wasn't funny the first 100 times so why would it be the next 300 times?

bupjo
Dec 23, 2010, 01:47 PM
when i was playing i just went to another universe with no one around. ahhh...that was awesome.

MillyB
Dec 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
Don't love me, love SEGA for throwing down the server I played in. And no, I wouldn't play in 360 because it's just easier to learn japanese than dealing with that craptacular console.

yet you still can't even type basic things its quite sad

Darki
Dec 23, 2010, 04:27 PM
Sad why? I'd like to understand your logic. I didn't choose JP server over 360 because of the language, I did just because I prefer to play in my computer over the crap console. And anyways it was an exageration, I understand and can type things, but you know, in my japanese classes they don't start teaching me how to write an add about selling a Red/Knight for 36 gold bars, I'm sorry? Lol. In any case I was using that as an example, I don't have anything to sell that way, but any other person might do.

Powder Keg
Dec 23, 2010, 04:50 PM

JP doesn't apply to the situation at all, then.

MillyB
Dec 24, 2010, 12:17 PM
Sad why? I'd like to understand your logic. I didn't choose JP server over 360 because of the language, I did just because I prefer to play in my computer over the crap console. And anyways it was an exageration, I understand and can type things, but you know, in my japanese classes they don't start teaching me how to write an add about selling a Red/Knight for 36 gold bars, I'm sorry? Lol. In any case I was using that as an example, I don't have anything to sell that way, but any other person might do.

Your logic is funny.

Darki
Dec 24, 2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks.