PDA

View Full Version : The truth about Vega

Pengin
Mar 11, 2003, 08:46 PM
I know what your thinking "Time for us all to whine and moan about Vega. Yay!" Well thats whats gonna happen anyway but I'm not doing that. I'm here to tell you the truth about Vega. You know Vega that place 90% of the people on PSOW and Gfaqs never go to but still whine about it. If you ever been in Vega for more then 20 seconds then you would realize that people blow it out of porportion. I've seen people who say they've never been in Vega but they still hate it because everyone else hates it. I'm sick of people exagerating or just all out lieing about Vega. I've made a list of the most used reason in anti-Vega rants and below them is the truth about them.

ITS FULL OF DUPES AND DUPERS!
I see this so much it makes me sick. Theres dupes everywere on PSO so dont act like its only on Vega and what makes me madder is when someone acts like Antares is some holy sanctuary were only legits go to. That J-sword and dreamcast mag didnt just appear in a crate for the level 6 HUmar to find.

ITS A FSOD/FSOD-X TRAP!
theres no way to avoid that unless you play in a special ship called.....Offline.

ITS FULL OF NOOBS BRAGING ABOUT DUPES!
I've seen one of these in the entire time I've been playing and if it gets to annoying just leave the game.

THEIR WAS A LV1 NAMED (insert name here) SAYING STUPID STUFF!
I call them joke characters, some are offensive I wont deny that but the majority are funny so if you see a lv1 HUnewearl named (insert sexually suggestive name here) stick around for a laugh.

THERES A BUNCH OF BEGGARS!
Those are everywere so just ignore them.

There you go thats my rant if I'm wrong and somehow I've avoided every bad thing on Vega then tell me and You'll be right, I'll be wrong and you'll win a cookie.

2Xtreme
Mar 11, 2003, 09:47 PM
Solution: Don't play on Vega.

Pengin
Mar 11, 2003, 11:16 PM
2Xtreme did you read what I said? Why would I not go their when its not nearly as bad as people say?

KillerCC1101
Mar 11, 2003, 11:22 PM
all of the above ;D

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 11, 2003, 11:44 PM
Not I believe he posted the solution.
If you don't like Vega then don't play on it and stop bitching about it.

Now if people would just stop, think about it, and actually do it. . .

Pengin
Mar 11, 2003, 11:55 PM
Read my lips.
I-DIDNT-SAY-I-HATE-VEGA-!!!
Please read before you say something its a rant about people exagerating Vega. Just because the title says Vega doesnt mean I'm whining about.

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 12, 2003, 02:24 AM
Did I say you hate Vega?

I meant for the people that sit there bitching about it in general. . .

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 12, 2003, 02:14 PM
*never has played Episode I and II online, nor has it. Is oblivious to the problems. Doesn't post*

Mystil
Mar 13, 2003, 12:55 PM
On 2003-03-11 17:46, Pengin wrote:
I know what your thinking "Time for us all to whine and moan about Vega. Yay!" Well thats whats gonna happen anyway but I'm not doing that. I'm here to tell you the truth about Vega. You know Vega that place 90% of the people on PSOW and Gfaqs never go to but still whine about it. If you ever been in Vega for more then 20 seconds then you would realize that people blow it out of porportion. I've seen people who say they've never been in Vega but they still hate it because everyone else hates it. I'm sick of people exagerating or just all out lieing about Vega. I've made a list of the most used reason in anti-Vega rants and below them is the truth about them.

I see this so much it makes me sick. Theres dupes everywere on PSO so dont act like its only on Vega and what makes me madder is when someone acts like Antares is some holy sanctuary were only legits go to. That J-sword and dreamcast mag didnt just appear in a crate for the level 6 HUmar to find.

ITS A FSOD/FSOD-X TRAP!
theres no way to avoid that unless you play in a special ship called.....Offline.

I've seen one of these in the entire time I've been playing and if it gets to annoying just leave the game.

I call them joke characters, some are offensive I wont deny that but the majority are funny so if you see a lv1 HUnewearl named (insert sexually suggestive name here) stick around for a laugh.

There you go thats my rant if I'm wrong and somehow I've avoided every bad thing on Vega then tell me and You'll be right, I'll be wrong and you'll win a cookie.

Ahem.

I play on Vega. Vege blocks, 1 -5 and 9 everyday. And let me tell you the REAL TRUTH about Vega.

There are nothing but fucking assholes on Vega. Period, believe what you like. VERY FEW NICE PEOPLE PLAY ON THAT SHIP PERIOD. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY DAMN GAMES I'VE BEEN KICKED OUT OF CAUSE THEIR TOO STUPID TO MAKE A GOT DAMN PASS GAME!??

I have friends get cursed out of a game, cause the idiots where 'waiting' on someone. WTF!? Vega worhsiper you are indeed. But you know what? LOL, Antares is becoming the same way. Oh too bad really. PSO GC is land of Rude people, heh, I'd rather have crazy hacking back than this crap!

YEs the moajority that beg/trade/dupe/be mean are on that ship. I HATE that ship with an undying passion so help me GOD. But you know why I go there? Same reason everyone else probably does.

Cause the other ships are either slap empty, or everyone on Antaras 8 decides to have EVERY game locked.

Oh well.

*walks off*

< -- ! Include Contradiction -- >

Oh yes that was a rant. Can you feel my unpleasant encounters in PSO so far? Oh yea. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

// End Contradiction -- >

Another edit: FSOD and FSOD-X don't happen alot on that server, and maintaince wise on Vega is not that bad. Just when they have over 600 users.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-03-13 10:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-03-13 10:03 ]</font>

goaliedude10
Mar 13, 2003, 07:34 PM
Basically, you get those problems anywhere...

Orange_Coconut
Mar 13, 2003, 10:37 PM
Here's the thing about Vega. It's not that everyone on there is an idiot, it's just that there are more people on it period. Which gives it more of a chance to have more idiots running around then on other channels. Let's say there's an idiot about every 1/5 people, this would explain why Vega seems to annoy many people (including myself). I play on Deneb and Altair because there are mostly people who are sick of Vega on there and the percentage of there being a fool is slim to none...

brillyfresh
Mar 26, 2003, 04:52 PM
On 2003-03-13 09:55, Silhouette wrote:
Ahem.

I play on Vega. Vege blocks, 1 -5 and 9 everyday. And let me tell you the REAL TRUTH about Vega.

There are nothing but fucking assholes on Vega. Period, believe what you like. VERY FEW NICE PEOPLE PLAY ON THAT SHIP PERIOD. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY DAMN GAMES I'VE BEEN KICKED OUT OF CAUSE THEIR TOO STUPID TO MAKE A GOT DAMN PASS GAME!??

I have friends get cursed out of a game, cause the idiots where 'waiting' on someone. WTF!? Vega worhsiper you are indeed. But you know what? LOL, Antares is becoming the same way. Oh too bad really. PSO GC is land of Rude people, heh, I'd rather have crazy hacking back than this crap!

YEs the moajority that beg/trade/dupe/be mean are on that ship. I HATE that ship with an undying passion so help me GOD. But you know why I go there? Same reason everyone else probably does.

Cause the other ships are either slap empty, or everyone on Antaras 8 decides to have EVERY game locked.

thank you so much for summing up what i was about to create a new post thread about ... i'm fed up with vega ... sure there's nothing i can do about it, being that there are more horse's asses in the world than horses, but today i finally got fed up with vega

i've been raising a mag for the past couple of days, and it was at lvl 98, almost ready to get Sato-mized ... and i was leveling to pass the time productively of course ... so i switch blocks within vega ... BZZZZ ... that awful buzzing fsod again ... so i tried what i did last time i got an fsod, pulled out my mem card, powered off, put card in, then powered up again ... well it worked last time because of some fluke i guess, because lo and behold, all unequipped gone, including my fledgling mag .... after over 10 FSODs (all of which occuring on vega, i might add ... just in my personal experience), the most valuable thing i had ever lost was a star atomizer ... i never carry more than one weapon for fear of losing the unequipped ones ... well, i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later

as for the folks on vega ... i got back to the lobby and someone asked what happened, so i told them i lost my mag from an FSOD ... instantly a bunch of LOLs and "oh boo hoo"s pop up .. what a bunch of pricks ... they wouldn't know what a real loss is since they can just find more copies of their ubiquitous duped CRAP if they get FSODed

and in another case ... i was playing ult ruins with a couple FOs when a RAmar joins ... unknown to me, they were waiting for one of their 150+ lvl FO buddies to join to help with r3 and falz ... well they tore into this guy, insult after insult, who wouldn't leave BTW (and shouldn't have to, it's an unlocked public team), didn't support, watched him die several times while laughing, yet they helped me out whenever i tried to give the poor guy some help (which i figured out easily .. that they were in the ruins, being lvls 101 and 115, i was 134, and the new guy was 113 ... falz would be a nightmare http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) ... jeez he just wanted to play ... they might as well have pk'ed him themselves, so eventually i told the guy that i would play a game with him later on that night, and that i was leaving ... might as well make room for that 150+ FO ... i have a really hard time when someone takes away from someone else's fun online, it's childish ... if you're waiting for someone, make a locked game, or expect it to be free-for-all

and then there's the vega 01:01 lobby ... been nothing but "fukk iraq" and "nuke those sand n.ig**rs" lately ... i figured ignoring them wouldn't do anything to stop them, and there are a lot of impressionable young people playing PSO, so i took an incriminating snapshot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ... after reminding the racists of the terms of service that they agree to everytime they play online, and after informing them of what i had done and what i could do, it suddenly got reaalllly quiet, then came "i was just joking" "i'm just really bored" ... then they left

but i'll still frequent vega (after i complete and equip my mag) because you're right, that's where you'll find the most people .... it's just unfortunate that it's also where you'll find the most jerk-offs ... that is, until something better comes along ...

my solution? i say we populate Altair, it's the next logical step after vega's chock-full of ignorant, immature half-wits

RX8
Mar 26, 2003, 05:14 PM
Mommy....

Morfos
Mar 30, 2003, 04:31 PM

ITS A FSOD/FSOD-X TRAP!

I think people are exagerating. Some people on Vega only play there because there isnt enough people on Antares at the moment. I have freinds that sometimes play on Vega but not all the time. Its the people that only play on Vega who are bad. Vega isnt even half as bad as Oberon or Miranda 7-1. I remember DC version when the vast majority of people were ***holes. On GC about 1/7(estimation) of the peoplde are ***holes. Most online games have way more jerks and way less nice people than this one. Play StarCraft if you dont believe me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morfos on 2003-03-30 13:34 ]</font>

MonoxideChild
Mar 30, 2003, 11:45 PM
I tend to find more assholes on Antares 08 than I do on Vega.

Eum
Mar 31, 2003, 12:07 AM
On 2003-03-30 20:45, MonoxideChild wrote:
I tend to find more assholes on Antares 08 than I do on Vega.

How true.

Lman90245
Apr 5, 2003, 04:48 PM
I have lots of things I traded for that are probibly dupes... but I have lots of extras, look for sorrow on vega... he'll hook ya up I'm not a jerk ;p

-Eden-
Apr 5, 2003, 08:34 PM
I find that all the trade games are on Vega (thus attracting people who will dup), and chances are you'll see alot more "NE1 GOT A POW MAG!?" on Vega than you will anywhere else. My personal experience has shown that you'll find alot more people that are generous/nice on specfic blocks or ships. Antares 8 is alot more like the Vega blocks than it used to be (over crowding, beggars, etc.). But still, from personal experience their are more people who solicit and beg for items more than any other block, which isn't nessecarily a bad thing. I like to think of Vega more as a market place or the capital city of PSO more than anything else... (and every city has its poor.. *walks away and whistles*)

emoc0re
Apr 6, 2003, 12:38 AM
i usually dont go on vega unless im extremely bored..and when i do i go on vega 10. highest ive been in 4..so i really dont know if it is as bad as people say it is but im gonna stay off just to make sure that i dont find out

-Eden-
Apr 6, 2003, 04:51 AM
You can go to Vega, its not like your going to get harrassed. Just don't expect "quiet" conversations in the lobbies.

Derkin
Apr 6, 2003, 05:20 AM

There are more people on Vega, hence more dupes and dupers. I doubt anyone around here said that Antares is some holy sanctuary, because if they've played there recently, they'd realize it is turning into Vega Jr. As for the That J-sword and dreamcast mag didnt just appear in a crate for the level 6 HUmar to find.
line, I'm curious as to what that had to do with anything.

ITS A FSOD/FSOD-X TRAP!

It is. Again, more people play on Vega causing more lag. The laggier (busier) a ship gets the better chance at getting hit with FSOD. Its just simple logic.

In the short time I spent there, I saw a few. And yes, you could always leave the game, but there maybe another one hanging out in the next game. I shouldn't have to leave a game because some punk thinks s/he is better then me.

I fail to see the comedy here. Someone has way too much free time when they start doing this. Honestly, there is nothing funny about someone looking for attention and making a complete ass of themselves. Usually, its nothing more then immature humor with "grown up" words. :

Again, more people on Vega... There are full of beggars on there, so lets not try to deny that.

[/quote]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derkin on 2003-04-06 03:20 ]</font>

Tseng
Apr 6, 2003, 05:50 AM
Ok, Vega isn't the slums of the PSO community, but Antares isn't the vatican in that matter.

Shouldn't people just be happy that they found a game that people don't mind you being in, and can play in peace?

Oh no, I forgot some people do take it to seriously. >_<

And I for one see humor in sitting in my chair and spinning around in circles. I'm sorry you see no humor in it. >_<

Foggy_Pete
Apr 6, 2003, 08:24 PM
poor pengin..people have such a hard time understanding him for some reason :|

Maijiita
Apr 7, 2003, 12:54 PM
Hey, it's not him that gets misnderstood.

It's the people that don't try to understand because they may read only two lines. Then just type/say what they want to.

Or then you have the people only seeing what they want to see. You know?

Alas,... I feel sorry from him as well. What can you do? People see what then want.

In arguements... The only reason why one is never really ended. Is because People just don't listen to the other. They just want to see what the want to see and hear what they want to hear. And that's what they are stickin' to. Good example of that was in the "Dupers" Arguement. Not bringing that back up. Just stating.

But, Everyone isn't like that... Blame it on the human nature of the person.

Finally, the most sound adivce I've ever heard, If you cannot take anymore of this certain person was... 'Just Ignore it'. So, Just ignore it, let it slide. Continue on. I'm not going to let someone ruin the fun I'm having just because he/she decided they were gonna be pricks.

Raylan
Apr 7, 2003, 01:27 PM

What do I have to do to win a cookie?

Logical2u
Apr 7, 2003, 06:17 PM
You forgot lots of things. like all the STUPID LITTLE SYMBOL CHATS THAT ARE ANTI XBOX AND STUFF.
LVL1 TRADERs WITH 20 RARES. and the really annoying beggars. oh wait you sadi that last one. However, it's not all bad. Most of the games there are by new players though, so the only hard games are locked.Also FSOD is rare. For me anyways. I heard that it doesnt work/doesnt work well anymore. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Mystil
Apr 7, 2003, 07:32 PM
Well Vega's the only place that is likely to have games of all modes that are open for all lvled people....a certain server I know only has VH and Ult games.. I play on Vega alot. Don't really care about all the stuff that gos on there anymore..