PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Questions for JP players! (Shijiin)

DPShiro
Dec 25, 2010, 07:29 AM
When trading for Shijin, is there a higher chance to get a good %?
Are some elements more uncommon?

I'm thinking i'll probably will be stuck with 6 Ice ones and one Light etc :(

How many of you have a palette of these?

It seems like the best bet to farm this stuff is to no-life-play The Protectors missions for Genfu Fu & Dragon Scales right?

Hope you can answer these, and Merry Christmas and stuff to you who celebrate that :)

VectormanX
Dec 25, 2010, 11:40 AM
i have 3 of them and no need for a full set. Initially, i earned my scales through AMP, then I started to do passport to subspace A and ended up getting 8 scales in a short period of time.

Passport seems to be the best way to obtain dragon scales. However, it can be quite boring and or tedious if you have difficulty in seeing "dragon sakai"

DPShiro
Dec 25, 2010, 11:57 AM
Why no need for a full set? Do you run the Shijin's anyway to simulate neutral?
Of course you don't need any elemental armor to play psu, but it's always nice to have.

Thanks for the input.

VectormanX
Dec 25, 2010, 12:00 PM
well, for now, its not essential. i'm not dying for a boost in power, and it's inconvenient to move so many armors across 5 different characters.

Darki
Dec 25, 2010, 12:36 PM
I want a full set but I don't think I'lll be able to manage getting 24~28 scales and the swords, as two of them are like over 10M each; but I'd love to do so. I guess if I get my first armor under 40% I'll get it neutral till I get the rest.

Crysteon
Dec 25, 2010, 01:21 PM
I have 4 (I'm covering the elements I use the most, according to the missions I run the most), perhaps I might work with the 2 ones I lack later, but I dont really have an urge for it.

Most scales I got were from Passport to Subspace A. There were days where I got around 4 scales per day, so...it's pretty random, you may get more!

And in order to answer yoru question about the random %, dont expect a high-tier armor on the first try, though. The tier used on the RSD trade is a mid-tier, meaning you have the chance of getting a 25%-50% Shijin per try (mines are all above 35%, fortunately). There are cases where you might get two 20%ish ones in a row, and cases where you can be blessed with 2 40%+s ones as well. The possibility for neutral armor also exists, but...it's not really common (and if it happens, I could feel the rage of the one who gets it).

indescribably
Dec 27, 2010, 07:39 PM
I have a set of shijins. 4 40%s and 2 42%s. I got lucky. My scale hunt was mostly from AMP like Vectorman, but the real big winner was Protectors Iota, where De Ragnus was the default boss. Like you said, you go into no-life mode and play, that's what I did with Iota.

milranduil
Dec 27, 2010, 09:15 PM
Got my first one doing GAM spam for AMP and bought 2 of the swords. Learned my lesson after that though. Acquired my next 6 doing Passports to Subspace A spam...easily finished up my set in two weeks of spam (fG is best and leveling mechguns in there is surprisingly efficient for something to do while spamming). All were 40% and below (one was 29%). Out of the total 7, 2 40s and the rest mid 30s.

A set is worth it once you get the taste of the boost from the first one (if you are a DPS whore like yours truly).

Darki
Dec 28, 2010, 04:15 AM
What level were you when you did PtS A? I tried with my WT at level 100 and I got pwn't lol, but I didn't try too hard, just took neutral weapons and I was more interested at that time in getting the Ohryu first. I guess when I'm level 150 or so I should do it very easily.

I think getting the scales via GAM must be boring as hell too, but I also want to get at least one or two Ryucross Scepters and my pocket isn't wide enough to buy the Eyes of Ryucross that I need for them (funnily, I got all the other components before the item was even known, I could have bought them before they got "inflated"), so after some massive spam of The Black Nest/R, I should have gotten some scales when an Eye pops out (I hope).

I want a set too, not only because I'm really looking forward the damage boost (as WT I'll really enjoy both ATP and TP boosts), but also because I'm obsessed with the correct use of elements and I'd play uncomfortable if I don't have a set. I'll turn my first Shijin to neutral (unless it goes over 40%, that can't be reached by GC upgrades), and then I'll get the following six whichever the element is and after I get them I'll just do some Upgrade Device magic to get my perfect set.

DPShiro
Dec 28, 2010, 06:45 AM
Thank you for all replies.
Since we don't know if we will get the ability to change element etc, i'd like to know if any element is more rare than the other while trading in? Wierd question maybe :S

And i also think that once i get a taste of the power boost, i won't be able to use anything else. DPS whore <3