PDA

View Full Version : Secret area discovered in PSzero online play!

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 25, 2010, 04:17 PM
I was in Normal, Valley Area, Free Play & my partner was a Lvl 80 or so FOnewearl.
He suddenly did something (or I did not see) and a teleporter type-thing with an awning on it (LOL that's what it was) appeared.

SO i stepped onto the pad and

I was in Final Fantasy's Coliseum (LOLWTFBBQ) and there were 3 behemoths facing me and him.

O_O
OMG!!

How do I get back to this place?

btw he was doing 228+ damage per hit with a double-speared staff. I am envious.

Seth Astra
Dec 25, 2010, 04:25 PM
Umm... Sounds like you are badly misentrpreting the appearance of an arena... They randomly appear at the midpoint of an area (only on missions that have 2 sections. Half-length missions never have arenas.)

Also, considering that they were level 80 and in the valley, the numbers your partner was dealing sound like they'd be pretty typical.

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 25, 2010, 04:37 PM
That arena was fun.
Does it appear only in multi-player online or OFFline and online single player?

FOkyasuta
Dec 25, 2010, 04:45 PM
Both.

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 25, 2010, 05:24 PM
Both.

Never found it in offline mode before. I will have to keep my eyes open.

Clavat99
Jan 18, 2011, 11:45 AM
Never found it in offline mode before. I will have to keep my eyes open.

finding an arena is hard. from my research, there is only around a 5% chance (give or take a few) that one will appear. But once you get there, you will fight to waves of the strongest non-boss enemies of that area. there will be 3 of them in both waves and one of them will be a rare variety. (ex: in Riho, the first and second waves will consist of 2 Hildegaos, and 1 Hildegigas.) Thankfully, you can pipe out and back in to restock and heal, and if you die you can respawn and go try again from where you left off. Once you kill both waves, you will get a chest and a bunch of boxes. item drop rates of rares in these boxes and chest are increased by about 10%. Not to mention you get a nice pay off of xp from killing those enemies.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 19, 2011, 11:27 AM
the XP is a definite increase, the drop rate i can't concur.

i hate doing arena though. I find the mobs harder to beat than Mothers and they drop crap for me most of the time, too much work IMO

Chaos Rappy
Jan 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
I thought Arenas had a droprate DECREASE? I've only ever gotten one thing good from an Arena, and that was an HP Recovery Lv5... maybe a Divine/Power, but neither are all that great. : /

Clavat99
Jan 26, 2011, 11:58 AM
speak for yourself! In most of the freeplay groups im in, I end up being the tank since im a HUcast. a Divine power and HP recovery lv.5 would be awesome. my carabinier armor has 4 slots and im looking for divine guard, divine power, any high level hp recovery, and divine hp.

Clavat99
Jan 26, 2011, 12:04 PM
btw he was doing 228+ damage per hit with a double-speared staff. I am envious.

jsyk, that "double-speared staff" is called a double sword. Its one of the preferred weapons of us Hunters, as well as any other DPS type class, do to the fact that while it does less damage per hit than other weapons, it hits like this: 2-1-3. Making it deal up to twice the damage of sabers and most swords.