PDA

View Full Version : Best Partner Card

hewitt
Dec 26, 2010, 11:52 PM
Hey!
I searched around and couldn't find a thread that was like this so...

As the topic suggests, who do you think is the best NPC to put in your party?
Which ones do you just like to have because their your favorite character?
and which ones are just completely useless?

Amaury
Dec 27, 2010, 12:21 AM
They're all good.

Shakuri
Dec 27, 2010, 12:23 AM
Bruce. He has the most unique hairstyle in the game after all.
Curtz. Because he's cool.

Amaury
Dec 27, 2010, 12:27 AM
Bruce. He has the most unique hairstyle in the game after all.
Curtz. Because he's cool.

I think Hewitt is talking about their damage output and how many health points they heal.

hewitt
Dec 27, 2010, 12:28 AM
Not quite that specific.

Shakuri
Dec 27, 2010, 12:33 AM
I think Hewitt is talking about their damage output and how many health points they heal.

Nuh-uh.

Which ones do you just like to have because their your favorite character?

milranduil
Dec 27, 2010, 01:05 AM
Hewitt long time no see!!!

Lou is by far the most useless NPC ever lol.
I prefer Tylor the most both for damage, and he is super-cool.

Kaioken
Dec 27, 2010, 01:43 AM
Ethan Waber and Alfort Tylor are the most useful NPCs by far. If you have Trusty Partner they really shine. I've witnessed Alfort hit for 6k in his beast form (which isn't possible for normal players to do in blue beast mode). Alfort is the most aggressive NPC and sometimes may cast Giresta. Ethan puts out some big numbers on Trusty Partner as well and his Resta is good enough to heal most people to full HP after 3 casts. Bruce would be the only other NPC I would swap out Ethan or Tylor for. The rest are completely useless. Maya was okay way back in the day when she use to cast Dizas. After they nerfed it and gave her giresta she joined the "useless NPC club". Once she casts giresta she won't heal again until she either dies or giresta wears off.

Amaury
Dec 27, 2010, 01:46 AM
Ethan Waber and Alfort Tylor are the most useful NPCs by far. If you have Trusty Partner they really shine. I've witnessed Alfort hit for 6k in his beast form (which isn't possible for normal players to do in blue beast mode). Alfort is the most aggressive NPC and sometimes may cast Giresta. Ethan puts out some big numbers on Trusty Partner as well and his Resta is good enough to heal most people to full HP after 3 casts. Bruce would be the only other NPC I would swap out Ethan or Tylor for. The rest are completely useless. Maya was okay way back in the day when she use to cast Dizas. After they nerfed it and gave her giresta she joined the "useless NPC club". Once she casts giresta she won't heal again until she either dies or giresta wears off.

None of this is true.

pikachief
Dec 27, 2010, 02:02 AM
Amaury's my favorite NPC :) I don't think an explanation is necessary for that one :P lol

hewitt
Dec 27, 2010, 02:55 AM
Hey Bobby! and Tylor and Ethan are also who I would use, on PS2 at least. I've yet to try magashi, liina, or the vol brothers (lol)

Darki
Dec 27, 2010, 03:48 AM
I like Magashi just because the effort took to get him lol. and well, I think he does nice damage. I only have the parner cards in my main, the rest I only have Laia and the tutorial one, so I don't have much choice. I'd say Tylor, Kurtz, Ethan or Bruce are very good, from the Vol bros I'd say the techer one is hundred times better than Maya but I don't pick them too much. Anyways techer partner characters don't seem to useful to me. ^^U

DPShiro
Dec 27, 2010, 09:13 AM
They are only good for being targets, and the least useless ones are Alfort, Magashi and Ethan.
They should have given and upgraded AI with trusty partner instead of damage.

kojikatsuya
Dec 27, 2010, 09:27 AM
I actually really liked using both Ethan and Karen.

God, now I remember having to replay all those missions to get all the NPC partner cards...

Amaury
Dec 27, 2010, 10:12 AM
I like Magashi just because the effort took to get him lol. and well, I think he does nice damage. I only have the parner cards in my main, the rest I only have Laia and the tutorial one, so I don't have much choice. I'd say Tylor, Kurtz, Ethan or Bruce are very good, from the Vol bros I'd say the techer one is hundred times better than Maya but I don't pick them too much. Anyways techer partner characters don't seem to useful to me. ^^U

Actually, Maya heals more than Hiru.

Darki
Dec 27, 2010, 12:33 PM
And dies more, and overrides my Giresta, and uses the craptastic level 1~10 Retier ALWAYS in the perfect occasion to lower my TECH damage and the super-awesome level 1~10 Crossbow. I don't need my partner character to heal me, I'm a Wartecher with Resta at level 30, 20 Trimates and 10 Star atomizers always in my palette. I need meatshields that don't bother my gameplay, and lowering my buffs doesn't help much lol.

I know Hiru Vol has low level buffs too, but I've never seen him buffing.

Amaury
Dec 27, 2010, 12:39 PM
And dies more, and overrides my Giresta, and uses the craptastic level 1~10 Retier ALWAYS in the perfect occasion to lower my TECH damage and the super-awesome level 1~10 Crossbow. I don't need my partner character to heal me, I'm a Wartecher with Resta at level 30, 20 Trimates and 10 Star atomizers always in my palette. I need meatshields that don't bother my gameplay, and lowering my buffs doesn't help much lol.

I know Hiru Vol has low level buffs too, but I've never seen him buffing.

Maya Shidow
Cubo Upinde (7* TENORA) - Yak Banga LV 11 - 20
*Used: Level 1+
Batnara (3* Yohmei) - Resta LV 11 - 20, Reverser LV 11 - 20
*Used: LV 1+
Slyrod (4* Yohmei) - Radiga LV 11 - 20, Gidiga LV 11 - 20, Shifta LV 1 - 10, Unconfirmed PA ?
*Used: LV 25+
Mayrod (8* Yohmei) - Resta LV 21 - 30, Giresta LV 21 - 30, Reverser LV 21 - 30, Retier LV 1 - 10
*Used: LV 50+

Also, since she was nerfed when Ambition of the Illuminus was coming, she stopped buffing people.

Yup, she's amazing.

As for Hiru, use this: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?239959-NPCs-and-PMs-(last-updated-09-02-2010)

You'll also be able to see the other NPCs.

MillyB
Dec 27, 2010, 02:07 PM
Why even qustion Amaury the Npcs are Amaury's best friends!

Darki
Dec 27, 2010, 02:53 PM
I guess then I dreamed the times Maya buffed me with her Retier.

I have all partner characters except the baldy (and I have tried him back then in EU/US servers) and I've played with all of them for a good amount of runs each just out of boredom. I still think Hiru goes better but well, I guess PSUpedia's script beats my runs, specially when it's written by Amaury.

SStrikerR
Dec 28, 2010, 01:42 AM
Way back I used to use ethan and tylor, and sometimes curtz. That worked out pretty well.

Omega-z
Dec 28, 2010, 09:17 PM
I agree with Ethan with a pretty good AI also with Dmg and has HP restore lv 2. Tylor and Magashi where good but they Have an AI nerf, even tho they are great they are now great dancer's. You should of seen them before there nerf...almost better then your main at attacking, even taking away exp form you. LOL poor Maya she just for looks now lol she was actually nerfed 3 times. Yeah know the feel about the lower spell casts aka lumia and the lv 1 girasta and reniter lol. For a 4th heavy hitter do the old prevy sage robot does pretty good Dmg but most of all his AI is not nerfed and has SE's to. The one thing tho is every Cast has the same dumb SUV which is a nerf too lol. But at the end it would be either Ethan and my PM or Nav for me when comes to non-combat nerf with good Dmg and life.

Astarin
Dec 29, 2010, 11:11 AM
For combat?

Ethan and Tylor are good. Both will heal you. If you want someone quicker to get, Curtz and Nav are also pretty decent. You can get those cards quickly in Episode 2. Leo is also okay, if you keep him alive to the point of nanoblasting. Keep in mind, my perspective is from a Force, where all I wanted were hunter-type meat shields to absorb hits for me, and did some kind of bonus damage on top of that.

Your PM can be a great attacker, or healer, or a terrible one, depending on which model you have. I'd say the strongest PM is the GH-480 (I think? The butler model). It heals, it uses Spinning Strike and Dus Majarra, it's fairly aggressive and it has the Paradi Cataract SUV equipped, so it'll never waste it by firing into a wall like many partner characters.