PDA

View Full Version : PSU Lifespan on 360

SStrikerR
Dec 28, 2010, 01:44 AM
I've been wondering, how long do you guys think PSU will survive on the xbox version? At this point, I haven't played the game in a while, so I think I'd really enjoy starting over and playing again. No matter how many problems I had with it, it was still fun as hell. I'd play again if it was expected to survive for a few more years.

BIG OLAF
Dec 28, 2010, 01:48 AM
I'd ballpark it at probably 1.5-2 years, honestly.

XbikXBd
Dec 28, 2010, 02:10 AM
I'd ballpark it at probably 1.5-2 years, honestly.

I agree but seeing as JP is going maybe more.....

BIG OLAF
Dec 28, 2010, 02:15 AM
I agree but seeing as JP is going maybe more.....

Well, he asked about 360. So I answered in regards to 360.

HienkyakuX
Dec 28, 2010, 07:43 AM
I'll say about 1 year after PSO2 comes out not more.

AzureAsh
Dec 28, 2010, 01:54 PM
It'll slowly die down until there's not enough cost for the servers to stay up, so I'm guessing shortly after the PSO2 launch. :U

FOkyasuta
Dec 28, 2010, 02:09 PM
I think like they do it like they did with the DC servers. Shut them down after 8 Years of running. Just a hunch.

bloodflowers
Dec 28, 2010, 05:46 PM
It'll slowly die down until there's not enough cost for the servers to stay up, so I'm guessing shortly after the PSO2 launch. :U

I don't think PSO2 will have much of an impact on it to be honest - the majority of 360 players are not PC gamers. More likely the content drought will cause the numbers to steadily dwindle once they run out of non-gc content to drip feed us, which won't take long now.

BIG OLAF
Dec 28, 2010, 05:53 PM
I don't think PSO2 will have much of an impact on it to be honest - the majority of 360 players are not PC gamers. More likely the content drought will cause the numbers to steadily dwindle once they run out of non-gc content to drip feed us, which won't take long now.

Either that, or Sonic Team will have one of two options:

1. Actually give us the GC-related content as they've been promising ever since the Supplemental Update went live.

Or, the more likely option:

2. Fess up and tell the 360 community that the entire promise of the GC content release was just a ploy to get us to keep spending our money whilst quietly hoping for the GC content.

DPShiro
Dec 28, 2010, 06:00 PM

I will die if PSO2 won't be on any console, hate gaming on pc.

Powder Keg
Dec 28, 2010, 06:28 PM

This. PSO2's launch would have a small impact, but not as much as a content drought/no fast response to Guardians License and server issues would!

But yeah, I moved to 360 during MAG+. Starting over was somewhat of a pain, but honestly with how the game is geared now it took less than half the time to get back to where I was. It's still very fun, and that's what matters.

bupjo
Dec 28, 2010, 06:47 PM
i'd be shocked if it's around after next year. i haven't played since the supplement update, at the time the population seem to be getting back to what it was before AOTI. i'm guessing the population will determine it's longevity.

SStrikerR
Dec 28, 2010, 07:48 PM
Well, i wouldnt mind playing again. So what do I need..Don't I need the PSU disc, then I download AOTI? And of course a guardians license.

BIG OLAF
Dec 28, 2010, 07:52 PM
Well, i wouldnt mind playing again. So what do I need..Don't I need the PSU disc, then I download AOTI? And of course a guardians license.

That would be it. But, you don't even need the PSU disc anymore. Microsoft released PSU on "Games on Demand" for $19.99 (which is either cheap or expensive, depending on where you would end up buying the actual disc).

Suzuka Miyamoto
Jan 2, 2011, 01:15 AM
That would be it. But, you don't even need the PSU disc anymore. Microsoft released PSU on "Games on Demand" for $19.99 (which is either cheap or expensive, depending on where you would end up buying the actual disc).

You can buy it at gamestop for $4.99 Used.

BIG OLAF
Jan 2, 2011, 01:18 AM
You can buy it at gamestop for $4.99 Used.

Depends on the Gamestop. A PSU disc is actually a pretty rare find (seeing as they're discontinued), new or used, at least around where I live.