PDA

View Full Version : Future Types?

psu dan
Dec 31, 2010, 10:47 PM
Is there ever going to be a new set type based on slightly combining?
The fighter would have S rank twin and single: Daggers, Claws, Sabers, and possibly Double Sabers but they wouldn't be necassary. A rank weapons would include R and T-Mags, spears, whips, and handguns.
Requires: Lv 5 Fortefighter and Lv 5 Wartecher.
Lv 40 Striking Skills
Lv 20 Bullet Skill
Lv 10 Technics
Lv 30 Support
The gunner would have S rank Twin Handguns, Handguns, Machine Guns, Crossbows, Longbows, and possibly Rifles but they wouldn't be necassary. A rank weapons here would include spears, shotguns, whips, and cards.
Requires: Lv Fortegunner and Lv 5 Guntecher.
Lv 40 Bullet Skills
Lv 20 Striking Skills
Lv 30 Support
Lv 10 Technics
The Techer would have Whips, Cards, Wands, TCSM's, and both Bows. A rank would be Range Mags, spears, handguns, and daggers.
Requires: Lv Fortetecher and Lv 5 Acrotecher.
Lv 40 Technics
Lv 30 Support
Lv 20 Striking Skills
Lv 20 Bullet Skills
The stats on all the classes would be a little higher than forte types and are meant to add support to each type.

Darki
Jan 1, 2011, 03:33 AM
Last time I checked whips were "techer" weapons... And what's this for? we have enough classes already, instead of making more b0rken classes to render even more useless the old ones, they would better work on the ones we have already.

Phetty
Jan 1, 2011, 11:24 AM
Me personally I'd want a new Master class with Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, and Fists. Needing Fortefighter 10 and Acrofighter 10. PA's 50 and stats similar to Fighmaster with the increased speed and S rank only.

Darki
Jan 1, 2011, 02:10 PM
Me personally I'd love that they balanced all existing classes so nobody expelled me from a party because I play WT (for example). In a MMO is simply retarded and illogical to have 12 expert classes just to have only 4 or 5 useful ones. For that, don't make 12 then, lol.

Omega-z
Jan 1, 2011, 03:58 PM
I agree with Darki need to work on the 12 they have, the only class they could maybec is AcroMaster and most likely not going to happen. And what you have mentioned is pretty much already in use all ready ie like Warteacher, Fighgunner, Gunteacher, and Forteteacher which we have.:rappy:

Leilla-chan
Jan 1, 2011, 04:08 PM
yeah they could increase the stats of some classes like WT to make all a bit even..

Midori Oku
Jan 1, 2011, 04:31 PM
I think they should make the base striking PA lvl for Wartecher lvl 40 and lvl 30 for Acrotecher. That way Acrotecher and Wartecher will still be the same in power with the whip and through the GAS Wartecher could get the whip PA's to 50.

Darki
Jan 1, 2011, 05:59 PM
Everybody has his/her own opinion about how changes should be handled (In my case, I'd love if they made WT more powerful in the offensive TECH side, as we have a "melee" hybrid with some guns (fG), gunner with some techs (GT) and WT could be the "Techer with some melee". I don't really care about whips getting the yellow color, y'know. If the thing was getting another combo step, well ok. But for a litle damage increase, I don't see that so important.

I've said it before and I know not many people like my opinion in the matter but I think acro classes were just a "commercial" move to sell AotI. Sadly they're too good classes, and thanks to that, other classes got really downgraded. For example, Fighgunner class can use all weapons Acrofighter class uses and some more. If Fighgunners had S rank Shadoogs and Slicers and a speed boost, AF wouldn't even be neccesary, and in the case of Acrotechers, if they had given the S rank madoogs and whips to WT plus higher striking tech level, and the casting speed boost, S rank cards and highest buffing level to Guntechers, we would have two original classes very pimp'd and there wouldn't be any need of Acrotechers.

But well, the damage was done already. Whatever anybody can think about how to fix the classes, the fact is that they need to be fixed. And sadly, after the day SEGA decided to give Double Sabers to Guntechers (I really got a mindfuck that day), I understood that the fix is not going to come, theyy just fuck the classes more and more being the highest fuck master classes being the "4-weapon-wonders". So I wouldn't expect much.

MillyB
Jan 1, 2011, 06:02 PM
I agree with Darki need to work on the 12 they have, the only class they could maybec is AcroMaster and most likely not going to happen. And what you have mentioned is pretty much already in use all ready ie like Warteacher, Fighgunner, Gunteacher, and Forteteacher which we have.:rappy:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1325&pictureid=16824
There is an Acromaster on PSU its just not unlocked.

Darki
Jan 1, 2011, 06:06 PM
Lol but that's the "GM mode" that all MMOs have, that couldn't exist as a playable class ever, what's the point? lol.

MillyB
Jan 1, 2011, 06:08 PM
Lol but that's the "GM mode" that all MMOs have, that couldn't exist as a playable class ever, what's the point? lol.

The point was to prove that the class existed.....
Also, GMs never play as that class

Darki
Jan 1, 2011, 06:13 PM
Well, technically the class as it really is (I mean, PSPo-like Acromaster) doesn't exist, that's just, as I said, a "god-like" class that does everything and nobody can play (I guess some sort of test class or something? or maybe an unfinished pattern for the "real" AM that never went "official"). I bet that class has level 50 capped everything, too, and can use all traps.

But that anyways is not the point of the topic. <_<

unicorn
Jan 1, 2011, 09:00 PM
Fighgunner needs more ATP
Guntecher needs more ATP and TP and support tech cap
Wartecher needs a higher PA cap and TP
Acrotecher needs more TP (like FT)
Fortetecher needs more ATP, ATA, HP, and TP (like 300+ more)
Fortefigher needs more ATP

Midori Oku
Jan 1, 2011, 09:58 PM

Why on earth would Fortetecher need more HP?

unicorn
Jan 1, 2011, 10:05 PM
Why on earth would Fortetecher need more HP?

Its slow, and using techs as a main form of damage leaves you very vulnerable.

Darki
Jan 2, 2011, 08:14 AM
One thing that I've seen in the game is that Forces have the offensive/support roles very... I dunno, very confusing. In a game like this, it'd be normal that there were a high difference between both roles, having classes that excel at one and classes that excel at the other, but in PSU we have WT and GT that are crap at any teching (bassically reduced to "FF/FG w/ Resta") and then we have AT who is the best supporter and actually pretty good at offensive thanks to the casting speed boost. As I see it, we should have Fortetecher, who would be the "all-TECH-wonder", as it is now, and then have Wartecher and hamsterforce as the main "offensive" techers. Then Guntecher and Acrotecher would be the main supporters.

To make all of them useful, the thing shouldn't be too difficult: MF and WT would diffier in the teching power vs versatility: MF focusing on power and WT on versatility, so, in this case, if you wanna mass destruction TECH power, you pick MF, and if you want more weapon selection, you have WT. In case of supporters the thing would go Support efficiency vs DPS. AT would be most efficient supporter giving up the offensive power while GT would go the opposite: lower support in exchange of raw firepower, making GT stronger than AT overall.

Now, in more general terms, Masterforce would be the strongest monster killer of all of them, then GT and WT should be very equal in raw attack power (not teching but in general) as being opposite sides: One the techer with melee and the other the gunner with support. Both should excel at killing monsters while being weaker than MF in any case GT being a bit weaker in exchange for better support, but strong enough to make them appealing if you don't want just a class with 3 weapons, and stronger that AT, which should be the weaker killer of them all in exchange for the best supporting capabilities. In exchange for this weakness, appart from having the best support, AT would also benefit from a very versatile palette, that woulld make the class completely suitable for any race.

For Fortetecher, I'd say it should be good at both styles to make it worthwile. Not as good nuker as hamsterforce but much more survivable than it thanks to the high support, not as good supporter as AT but much stronger at killing monsters. The position in the previous "rank", would be exactly as powerful as WT and as good supporter as GT, making it better than both at teching thanks to the fact that it uses both proficiencies. We could say that FT wouldn't be as strong overall (I mean counting all damage sources) as WT thanks to them having melee, but in teching they would be equal, and not as efficient supporter as GT (even having the same "raw ability") as I see it as they wouldn't focus on this because of their offensive power, but the sum of both sides would make them better in teching.

I know AT lovers won't like that about AT being the weakest warrior but well, I understand something that happens in games: you can't be the best at everything. I might talk a bit from my WT fanboy side, but I believe that it's logical to say that a class that has the BEST support in the game, that has also a permanent seat in a party for this, SHOULDN'T be in any case better warrior than a WT, that is supposed to be a hybrid that excels at striking with techs at melee. Same in the case of GT: if GT HAS to be weaker supporter, then it HAS to be better monster killer to balance things.

XbikXBd
Jan 2, 2011, 08:56 AM

OMFG yes this lol

Anon_Fire
Jan 2, 2011, 11:56 AM
Fighmaster needs increased EVP and MST

Midori Oku
Jan 2, 2011, 03:28 PM
Fighmaster needs increased EVP and MST

lol EVP is horrible on a Fighmaster.

BIG OLAF
Jan 2, 2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah, in my opinion, heavy-hitter types (Fortefighter & Fighmaster) need the lowest EVP possible. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather take a few more hits than having to keep blocking and wasting time and/or PP. Fighters are meant to be able to take punishment (my Fortefighter has 5576 HP, and uses "Sluggish" as her GAS shield style), so I couldn't care less about EVP or blocking.

Darki
Jan 2, 2011, 06:04 PM
Well, my real opinion, despite what I said in my previous post, is that PSU has to many fucking classes. With only three basic classes to play with, I don't see any reason to have anything more than expert and maybe hybrid classes, but well, what can I say, the damage was done already.

Phetty
Jan 2, 2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah, in my opinion, heavy-hitter types (Fortefighter & Fighmaster) need the lowest EVP possible. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather take a few more hits than having to keep blocking and wasting time and/or PP. Fighters are meant to be able to take punishment (my Fortefighter has 5576 HP, and uses "Sluggish" as her GAS shield style), so I couldn't care less about EVP or blocking.

Well they need to change EVP to work like PSP2 where you simply take 0 damage and don't get interrupted mid-attack.

psu dan
Jan 2, 2011, 10:54 PM

I just think fighgunner needs to get S rank double sabers switched with either S rank Rifles, Shotguns or IDK... BUT A GUN.
Also Fortefighter should have Double Sabers not Axes because those are way to slow without a speed boost. Then Fightmaster should get a slightly higher DF and MST with a lower EVP.
I know this probably is stupid but I also think Fighmaster should get a pistol and Masterforce should get a bow. Not to go with the class but just for breaking things. It's almost impossible for me and some of my FM or MF friends to do Egg Thieves. In the beginning we get pwned by the 3 turrets. Idc if the Bows and Pistols can only be used in C rank I just want 1 for De Rol Le, Dark Falz, Egg Thieves, and whatever else there is.
The only reason why I made this post is because I want master classes for each set of different types of weapons. I like using twin weapons including the pistols so I just wanted a master class specifically for those and another for single handed striking weapons, which there are only 5 of, slicers, whips, daggers, sabers, and claws. Darki I know you're probably gonna say whips are more of a force weapons but Idc because the damage is still based on ATP not TP same for longbows.

psu dan
Jan 2, 2011, 10:57 PM
PS, I'd also love if twin handguns were replaced with longbows in Gunmaster lol or some class with S rank Shotguns, Longbows, Rifles, and Laser Cannons.

BIG OLAF
Jan 2, 2011, 11:02 PM
Well they need to change EVP to work like PSP2 where you simply take 0 damage and don't get interrupted mid-attack.

In a perfect world, yes, of course. PSP2's version of EVP is much better. But, I'm just talking about PSU mechanics only, which won't change.

Darki
Jan 3, 2011, 04:49 AM
Darki I know you're probably gonna say whips are more of a force weapons but Idc because the damage is still based on ATP not TP same for longbows.

By the same reasoning, then I want FM to use rifles and grenade launchers along with their melee weapons, because guns are ATP based too, and then AF and fG shouldn't use Shadoogs because they're TP based. (?)

The game is suposed to be based on a series of statements such as "fighters don't use big guns" just for the sake of roleplaying, balance and content differences. If you don't care about Whips being supposedly force weapons, then why would anybody care if a Gunmaster used Axes and skills at level 50? they use ATP too. Anyways, on one hand I'm the one who could care less because SEGAC is not going to move a finger on this, probably, and on the other hand, in any case, SEGAC showed us that they don't care a shit about this either giving Cards to AFs, so be happy because they wouldn't think too much about doing what you say.

And if you can't do Egg thieves with a hamsterforce then do it with a better party, lol, that's the cost of having a class with only 4 weapons. To start giving hamster classes guns and bows and other shits, then just delete master classes and give those S ranks to fortes along with stats and PA caps.

Omega-z
Jan 5, 2011, 02:13 AM
Hey, Darki that Acromaster pic is fake!!! look at the HP bar it's 4401 and the stat page is 2288 with hp that can't happen, it would be the same not different. The before stats are a Gunteacher stats to the maybec Acromaster. and it was in the first PSP game and I believe it was the same with the weapons as the other Master classes.o.o