PDA

View Full Version : membership unavable

swamingzombies
Jan 1, 2011, 03:38 AM
plz help cant buy membership no more i tryed countless time i play on a xboxlive silver GT but membership unavable note keeps poping up but when i sign into my gold account it finds a membership 9.99 fee but i dont even play psu on that account .Did thay change it to where you need a gold account to play the game now

Powder Keg
Jan 1, 2011, 03:41 AM
The issue has been addressed by Sonic Team and it's reportedly a problem on Microsoft's end.

I have read that people have called up Microsoft (1-800-4MY-XBOX I'm assuming) in order to speak with a manager and get a subscription set up since it's apparently not fixed in every region yet.

xX J B0oGiE Xx
Jan 1, 2011, 09:39 AM
I have this same problem my license expired earlier this week and the membership is not available on the market...wtf. I hate i'd have to go Gold just 2 play this. It's messed up and i can't even even play now with the event going on.

Powder Keg
Jan 1, 2011, 02:02 PM
You don't need Gold to get a subscription. That has not changed. Just call Microsoft until you speak with someone who knows what they are talking about.

swamingzombies
Jan 2, 2011, 05:05 PM
yes you need gold now because silver does not extest anymore its called Free acount and there is not a membership for a Free account i had to buy a moth of gold and then it worked and dont calles microsoft they cant do it over the phone

Powder Keg
Jan 2, 2011, 08:33 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?355081-I-Am-still-having-problems-Edward-SEGA!!!&p=6394785&viewfull=1#post6394785

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?355081-I-Am-still-having-problems-Edward-SEGA!!!&p=6398097&viewfull=1#post6398097

aaannd the rest of these posts

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?355081-I-Am-still-having-problems-Edward-SEGA!!!/page3

You still shouldn't HAVE to have Gold to purchase a license...because PSU is a subscription in itself played on their servers at SEGA. It makes no sense to pay for a subscription in order to pay for another one.

Tart
Jan 4, 2011, 06:57 AM
can someone pls post when memberships are up again i have a friend try'n to get on and is getting nothing but an error code i hade the same problem in 2008 but cannot remember how i fixed it so pls inbox me if memberships are back online

Ethateral
Jan 4, 2011, 07:24 AM
yes you need gold now because silver does not extest anymore its called Free acount and there is not a membership for a Free account i had to buy a moth of gold and then it worked and dont calles microsoft they cant do it over the phone

Silver membership does exist.
You've never needed Gold to purchase the Guardian's License.
Call Microsoft, there have been several people that have called and gotten it fixed this way, with a silver membership.
Don't be lazy.

Tart
Jan 5, 2011, 10:07 AM
k to fix this problem google your error code do not bother with MS they will just tell you it is Sega's fault which it is not there is help to fix this straight away good luck and welcome to PSU unless you are from the demo then stay there pls lol

InsaneToad
Jan 8, 2011, 12:08 PM
Let me clear this up for everybody.

With the last console update Microsoft changed account options. Xboxlive silver accounts were changed to xboxlive free accounts (look at membership under account options to see that your membership type has been changed to xbox live free if you have a silver account). Xbox live gold accounts stayed the same.(no changes made here). They added the xboxlive family gold accounts (lets 4 gold accounts be under this plan for the price of two accounts).

Now then, these changes have affected the ability for free members and the family gold members to purchase a license. If you have a free account or a family gold account, you CAN NOT currently purchase a license. You can not call support to purchase the license either. Microsoft will have to fix their internal problem before you can make the purchase.

If you have a free account, you can upgrade to a standard gold account and then be able to purchase a license (don't upgrade to a family gold account, only the standard gold can currently purchase the license).

The error message that you get with this problem is... "This item isn't currently available". If you are getting any other message, such as an error code, than this message...... Then you do need to call support as you may have a billing issue, such as an expired credit card that support can fix.

Powder Keg
Jan 8, 2011, 05:06 PM
I suppose the people who said they called and had one pushed through were lying, then.

InsaneToad
Jan 8, 2011, 11:07 PM
No one has lied. Those people had their subscriptions suspended due to billing issues. A call to support can fix that. If you get the message "this item isn't currently available" and you have a free or family gold membership...... Then support can not get you a license.

If a free member does call support about this support will tell them to do a month of gold.in order to purchase a license. This is what support has been told to do until it is fixed.

padiwac
Jan 9, 2011, 01:03 AM
Let me clear this up for everybody.

With the last console update Microsoft changed account options. Xboxlive silver accounts were changed to xboxlive free accounts (look at membership under account options to see that your membership type has been changed to xbox live free if you have a silver account). Xbox live gold accounts stayed the same.(no changes made here). They added the xboxlive family gold accounts (lets 4 gold accounts be under this plan for the price of two accounts).

Now then, these changes have affected the ability for free members and the family gold members to purchase a license. If you have a free account or a family gold account, you CAN NOT currently purchase a license. You can not call support to purchase the license either. Microsoft will have to fix their internal problem before you can make the purchase.

If you have a free account, you can upgrade to a standard gold account and then be able to purchase a license (don't upgrade to a family gold account, only the standard gold can currently purchase the license).

The error message that you get with this problem is... "This item isn't currently available". If you are getting any other message, such as an error code, than this message...... Then you do need to call support as you may have a billing issue, such as an expired credit card that support can fix.

This explanation would help clarify the situation on the official forums. Its a shame so many people are missing the event because of this.

DeathDragon2332
Jan 12, 2011, 08:43 PM
Im silver and i can buy the membership u shouldnt have 2 be gold.

InsaneToad
Jan 14, 2011, 12:01 PM
Im silver and i can buy the membership u shouldnt have 2 be gold.

I would like a little more info please. I am passing along all info I find to a person on the xbox staff about this.

When was your license purchase done with a silver account? Years ago? Months ago? Within the past month? Yesterday?

Also, what region do you live in?

If you have actually purchased a license within the past month with a silver account...... I will see if the xbox guy that I am communicating with will get in contact with you to get even more info from you.

HyperShot-X-
Jan 14, 2011, 02:16 PM
aren't there those Gold membership free trial offers you could get around maybe to purchase PSU subs..?

I know it's bi*ch to keep cancelling subs thru MS and then resub for big events only, why even bother cancelling just for $10/mo..? It's not like you could get a Live arcade game with that money if you don't have Gold or is it worth saving up for 5-6 months to buy a full priced new game that don't last much longer than a few weeks either.

Izumi
Jan 15, 2011, 05:48 PM
A friend of mine tried to renew his PSU license after about a year after he quit PSU. He has always had a Gold account. He could not renew. Just gets the error message when trying to purchase a license.