PDA

View Full Version : lvl 20 support vs NPC support.

dias_flac_0g
Jan 6, 2011, 01:14 PM
I'm thinking of getting the lvl 20 support for my MF, but at the same time I dont if it's just gonna be the same as the support from an NPc shop.

Does anyone know what lvl the NPc buffs are? My guess is no higher than 10. If so then i'll get the lvl 20 support. I only use the tech support that's all I really want it for and maybe some Gi-resta too.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jan 6, 2011, 01:20 PM
PRobably wouldn't be a bad idea either way since you can't always run with NPC's. Typically I just use buff items and mates but I plan on getting the buff lvl+ eventually. I don't know for sure what lvl the npc buffs are but it looks like they're 10.

You could always try testing the damage you do with the npc buffs then use an item to find out for sure.

Amaury
Jan 6, 2011, 01:20 PM
I'm thinking of getting the lvl 20 support for my MF, but at the same time I dont if it's just gonna be the same as the support from an NPc shop.

Does anyone know what lvl the NPc buffs are? My guess is no higher than 10. If so then i'll get the lvl 20 support. I only use the tech support that's all I really want it for and maybe some Gi-resta too.

If you're talking about partner characters, Maya's the way to go for support.
http://psupedia.info/Maya_Shidow#Equipment

Powder Keg
Jan 6, 2011, 01:39 PM
The ones from the shop are the second tier (lvl 11-20)

dias_flac_0g
Jan 6, 2011, 01:44 PM
Two of you totaly missed the point. When I said "NPC" I meant the buffs that you buy from the actual shops...Not the actual NPC characters. I figured I didnt have to make that clear but I was wrong =P

So the buffs from the NPC SHOPS are infact lvl 11 plus?

Red*
Jan 6, 2011, 01:45 PM
If you use Rentis & Dizas with your MF the Support Tech Increase isnt a bad idea
and yes the normal Item Buffs are lvl11+

Amaury
Jan 6, 2011, 01:48 PM
Two of you totaly missed the point. When I said "NPC" I meant the buffs that you buy from the actual shops...Not the actual NPC characters. I figured I didnt have to make that clear but I was wrong =P

Any skills, bullets, or TECHNICs purchased from an NPC vendor always start at level 1.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jan 6, 2011, 01:50 PM

Yes they are lvl 11-20. When you said NPC it implied the partner cards since you didn't mention anything about shops, sorry for the misunderstanding.

dias_flac_0g
Jan 6, 2011, 01:59 PM
Yea I just re-read my topic title sorry about that. It is infact misleading.

Hmm, so it is a waste to spend 10 hard earned AP's on the support GAS option then, especially when all I care about is the tech support one...I think ima skip on this and stick to the NPC shop tech support. Maybe i'll buy that extra style that doubles the time on it as well seeing as the Photon Crafter "perk" sucks and there's nothing else that I can use that's usefull in extra style anyways.

Midori Oku
Jan 6, 2011, 06:39 PM
-Extra range on Resta/Giresta/reverser
-Two bars with Rentis and Dizas
-lvl 2 HP restore with Giresta
-Buffs/Megistar count as lvl 11-20 (not that it is needed much)

Seems worth it to me.

unicorn
Jan 6, 2011, 06:52 PM
I would get it mostly because of Giresta. Rentis/Dizas arent that important on MF, but added defense is added defense!

Omega-z
Jan 6, 2011, 09:36 PM
By the way isn't shop item more like Lv 2.25 since it give a little better then Lv 2 spell?

Darki
Jan 7, 2011, 07:36 AM
If I was you, I'd actually do both: pick Two Times and Support TECH Lv+ GAS and use Defbaride and Retaride, with that you'll have the DEF and TP increase you'd get with the same techs at level 11+, but with the GAS they would last as much as the level 41+ buffs so you don't need to worry of refreshing them so often.

The other GAS would be for the buffs you can't have as items such as Dizas, Rentis and Giresta, then you'd be able to use them at level 11+, that's good and is not too much effort to level.

Any skills, bullets, or TECHNICs purchased from an NPC vendor always start at level 1.

This guy doesn't seem to get half the posts... <_<

HienkyakuX
Jan 7, 2011, 08:57 AM
btw consider as well that the only 2 support techs that gain more power from more than lv 11 are resta and giresta (since all tech gain range, duration and protection on 11, 21, 31, 41). So you don't have to invest to many points of GAS for lv increase; since buff at lv 11 do the same thing as lv 20 buff (they last the same amount of time and have the same stat multiplier). My advice is to go 1 lv support increase and use your points for other stuff.

Darki
Jan 7, 2011, 10:17 AM
Support TECH lv+ GAS has only one level, you pay 10 AP and it increases the level cap of all support TECHs 10 levels directly. You can get all Limit Breaks and the support+ as a newman (or any race, I guess) and you'll still have some extra points to invest in Attribute/Resistance GAS.

Midori Oku
Jan 7, 2011, 10:46 AM
This guy doesn't seem to get half the posts... <_<

You should see his posts on the official forums. >.>

Darki
Jan 7, 2011, 11:37 AM
I remember them from the time I played the EU/US servers... >_o

dias_flac_0g
Jan 7, 2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the all the replies, but I really dont care about all those other support spells. I'm a MF I dont care about support much. I really just wanted Gi-resta and the tech the makes you hit harder. Plus they are in my Holy rod already. That's how I like to play. I use 6 rods and all with their respective element.

For now I will stick with NPC SHOP buffs and maybe later if I have left over AP's (which I wont atleast during this event cuz it's BORING as f*** now) i'll lvl up the support using 10 ap points.

The turning point of this story is that NPC support is already 11+ so if it was only lvl 1-10 I would have indeed gotten the AP support for the lvl 2 retier. But 10 ap's doesnt cut it for me when it's gonna be the same as the NPC retier. Plus it's much faster to just simply cast a quick retier from my items than actually using my holy rod to do so.

I always assumed that NPC SHOP support was just 1-10 and not 11-20.

For now those 10 ap's are gonna go to limit break Diga :)

Darki
Jan 7, 2011, 05:03 PM
yeah, but if you get Two Times instead of support TECH lv+, you'll have the same buffs for twice the duration, and specially if you're saying you don't care about support, then you can leave that space for Rentis, which even at level 1 will be of better use.