PDA

View Full Version : Get your PhD (Phantasy Degree)!

Chaos Rappy
Jan 9, 2011, 10:20 PM
Hello all, and welcome to Chaosmaster's School of Phantasy Star Zero! In here, I will be available to answer any and all question you or anyone else you know has about this game! I can tell you what weapons would be best to use where and for what class for each playing style, what recommended level you should be before fighting something, and the recommended builds for each class as well! Just ask away, and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability, and hopefully you, too, will know as much about this game!

Aside from answering question in this topic, I will also, from time to time, give out generous advice to players, such as how to build special perfect build mags, and certain tricks you can use in battle. All you have to do is check back from time to time, and who knows what you may learn! :D

And remember, the more you learn, the less you know, so don't think that you've learned all there is to know about something, or soon, you may realize you don't even know the first thing about it~

Class is now in session! ;D

:Advice of the Day - 1/9/11:
Did you know that you can raise a Tier 4 Mag to have one of its minimum stats (one of the stats that isn't the "greater than all" or "lower than the greater than"stat) is higher than its "greater than" and "less than greater than" stat? It's true! Simply make its major stat (the greater than) become 21, its minor stat (the less than greater one) become 20, and whatever other stat you want to raise (only one, though) become 19 at level 60, and it will evolve into the mag you want. THEN, at level 61, you must raise its minor stat to 21, so that it will equal its major stat. Once that occurs, something magical happens! Because its major stat equals its minor stat, it doesn't fit into any of the mag stat equations that chooses what mag it will evolve into! Because of this, you can raise that lower 19 stat all the way as high as you want without worry for it evolving, even all the way to 58 at level 100! A good example of this would be to take Hagal: it's stat equation is Hit > Guard > Power/Mind. This makes Hit its major stat, Guard its minor, and Power and Mind its minimum stats. You can raise Hit to 21, Guard to 20, and Power OR Mind to 19 (not both), and it will become a Hagal at level 60. THEN, you can make its Guard become 21, and then you can raise its Power OR Mind go all the way up to 58 without it evolving into anything else! Pretty nifty, huh? Use this trick to make the perfect mag you want to make, without worrying about your mag overtly effectly your playing efficiency just because you want a mag that LOOKS AWESOME! ;D

:Advice of the Day - 1/10/11:
You may wonder why you may find certain weapons of certain star values and stats, and wonder why they are so coveted by players. Why is this you ask? What could anyone possibly want with a 4* armor with ~50 DFP and ~80 EVP like Pizza Box? Well, it's quite simple: they have exceedingly high grind limits! Because of this, even low-tier weapons and armors can reach high levels of attack power and defensive abilities, respectively. That Pizza Box from before? It has an ungodly NINETY-NINE GRIND LIMIT, allowing it to become one of the strongest armors in the game, and is wieldable by any and all classes starting at a lowly level 14. Think those piddly rares you found were complete junk? Well, I hope this proves that thought wrong! ;D

:Advice of the Day - 1/11/11:
Material building is a very important aspect on how you make your character. They are what esentially help make and reak builds, such as the stone-smashing full-Power HUcast, or the acrobatic full-EVP HUnewearl! Well, today's advice is a relation of material consumption to the damage formula: did you know that no ATP/MST you have on you that ISN'T your base ATP/MST isn't affected by Shifta? It's true. The only thing that Shifta affects is your base ATP/MST, but that doesn't mean there isn't a way to increase it! Material stat gains are actually calculated into your base stats, so the more Power/Mind materials you use, the higher your BASES for those stats go, and the bigger your Shifta bonus becomes! Try to maximize whatever stats you want most through this little tip for if you plan on debating whether to put Power/Mind mats or Power/Mind on your mag for their respective stats. Even a small amount can help alot! ;D

:Advice of the Day - 1/12/11:
Many different weapons can be found in Phantasy Star Zero, and each have their own attacking capabilities, be they fast swinging, hard hitting, or even the ability to hit many enemies at once! There's almost a limitless amount of options you can choose from when it comes to the variance you can have in weapons in this game! Well, here's a hint for the next time you decide to bring out a Gunblade: did you know you can use two melee attacks in sequence, then hold the L button and shoot immediately after with the attack button while holding the L button with no windup? It's great! You can close in and deal good, quick hits with two Light Attacks of the gunblade, and instantly pop out a Hard L-Shot on unsuspecting foes, dealing massive damage to those not heavily resistant to ranged attacks! Although this perk can't be used to increase chains in a combo, it can be used to devastate single foes quickly and usually with little time taken to do so with the Gunblades' extremely fast melee attacks! You should definitely try this out when you get a chance! ;D

:Advice of the Day - 1/14/11:
Do you know of the password machine inside of the sewers? When you beat the third story mission, you are given access to the sewers via a manhole to the left of your spawnpoint in the town. Inside, there's a trader for your Photon Drops, an Emeny Part Modifier, who makes weapons out of the enemy parts you bring to him... for a price... And, lastly, but not least, there's a password machine all the way to the farther reaches of the sewers, where you can type in codes to get special weapons! Most have a wielding requirement of Lv20, and it's not just weapons, but three special mag souls too! For today, I will give you the passwords for each weapon available to you in the US version of the game:

Blade Cannon ------ 7839-3594
Caduceus ----------- 5139-6877
CONSOLES+ -------- 9185-6189
Game Master ------- 7162-5792
INGame: Greg&Kiri 5531-0215
Nintendo Power --- 3171-0109
Selvaria's Shield --- 4294-2273
Selvaria's Spear --- 5703-8252
Lassi Soul (x5) ----- 4775-7197
Puyo Soul (x5) ----- 3470-1424
Toppi Soul (x5) ---- 9475-6843

Be aware, however, as all of these items you can only ever get ONCE in your gaming career on your cartridge, so it would be inadvisable for you to trade off any of the weapons or instantly use all of your mag souls without consideration for the build of the mag you use on them. Use what you get wisely, because by the time you reach the end of the third mission, I'm sure you pretty much deserve some of these. ;D

Tetris
Jan 9, 2011, 10:48 PM
I hope you're prepared, I'll have tons of questions :)

itsme
Jan 9, 2011, 11:32 PM
ok cool I had a question... I'm making a force character that I'm going to make into a tech spammer. What I'm wondering is how do different element spells (ex. zonde foie) affect different types of hostiles. For example, is fire weak or strong against the enemies in the snow mountians? (I've played pokemon where ice can go either way).

also, do all spells have such short range? or does it get further the higher you train it to... or would I just have to use a different tech if I wanted to attack from further away...

Last... if there anyway to target a specific enemy other than just pressing the L and R buttons while facing it and hoping you get the one you want?

I never did play a force much, not even in pso so I don't have any experience with these things.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 9, 2011, 11:43 PM
ok cool I had a question... I'm making a force character that I'm going to make into a tech spammer. What I'm wondering is how do different element spells (ex. zonde foie) affect different types of hostiles. For example, is fire weak or strong against the enemies in the snow mountians? (I've played pokemon where ice can go either way).

also, do all spells have such short range? or does it get further the higher you train it to... or would I just have to use a different tech if I wanted to attack from further away...

Last... if there anyway to target a specific enemy other than just pressing the L and R buttons while facing it and hoping you get the one you want?

I never did play a force much, not even in pso so I don't have any experience with these things.

Good question. Every enemy has its own weakness. For the most part, weakness is independent on area (for example, Hypaos and Vespaos, despite being in a watery area, are completely resistant to lightning). Unless you want a COMPLETE in-depth list on what each enemy is weak to, all I can say is test out different techs for different results. I will give you a few tips, though, about which techs are best per area, based on the number weak to it and those resistant to it per area:

Gurhacia: Barta is good, Zonde is as well on Vulkures.
Rioh: Foie pretty much dominates.
Ozette: Try Foie for most of them, barta is good for multi-hit basic teching, but not as good single-hit damage.
Paru: Zonde the mechs, Fioe kills everything else, but Barta is better than Foie on Frunakeds.
Makara: Barta, except on Batts, which can be Zonde'd for the most part. Kapanthas pretty much null everything but Barta, though, so be aware of that.
Arca: Foie on Akorses, and the Finjker G's, Barta on the Finjer R's, Zonde everything else BUT Arkzeins. Arkzeins are pretty weak to Foie, as well as Zonde, but Arkzein R's, use Foie for the burn, or Megid for best damage. Yes. Megid.
Dark Shrine: If their colors doesn't make it obvious, light = use dark, dark = use light.

Ranges for techs is actually level-dependent, so your idea isn't false. Tech range will go up the higher your tech levels, so just keep getting them higher, and you'll be reaching them further. The Jell/Zalure spells have the longest range for techs, and Grants has the lowest range (as does Rabarta too, but it's pretty hard to tell which has less, since Grants also tracks enemies and can move farther out, and Rabarta's best damage dealing spot is actually at the limit of its range).

Well, if you use your attack command while the targeting reticule is on the enemy you want, it shouldn't change once you initiate the attack, but no, to keep a lock on the enemy you want, you're going to have to hold the L-Button to track them, unless you want to stand 2 inches away from them and hope it hits that one instead of on a foot away from that guy. : /

itsme
Jan 9, 2011, 11:59 PM
(my standing here with swirly eyes)

wow, ok... I think I need to learn the names of these monsters better... I'm going to have to work on that and as for the other things, thanks. (now I shall become the most powerful! hahahahahaha!)

edit: I didn't even notice, I really need to learn the names.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 10, 2011, 12:05 AM
EDIT: Actually, after much testing, I have come to the comclusion that Barta is still the better of the three spells to use on them. Zonde is hihghly disrecommended against either, though, and more especially on Garahadans because they resist it the most. Both take the most from Barta, but Foie can deal decent damagae as well, so really, if your Foie level is above your Barta level, it can be better to use, but on average, Barta is still the leading damage-dealer in Gurhacia. Vulkures take good damage from both Barta and Zonde, so it can go either way, but due to their erratic behavior, I still recommend Zonde for its homing abilities.

Tetris
Jan 10, 2011, 02:06 AM
Hey, I need some help getting my Mag to re-sync with me, now that I've started a fresh character and everything. I saved all of the rare/valuable gear, since most of my trunk was noob loot anyway.

If it's at level 100 but 0 Sync, can I still improve that, or is it permanent? I don't want to overload it with items that could change its nature, either.

Kirukia
Jan 10, 2011, 02:34 AM
No matter how many times I kill the Dragon he doesn't drop Psycho Wand halp! :(

Mustache
Jan 10, 2011, 02:59 AM
The Item Data base says the Psycho Wand only drops in the Eternal Tower. It's a very rare drop on Super Hard only. The dragon will never drop the Psycho Wand.

On another note I have a question about the rare events devoted to certain levels. Like Cake Shop, Pizza Shop, Usanny Nest, etc...
How often, compared to rare events like Areas, Booma Origins and Rare Enemy Variants are these supposed to happen?

I've been running through Valley for the last couple days straight trying to get that dang Cake Shop event. I know it only happens in dead ends, and I've been searching the whole stage to find it.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 10, 2011, 05:37 AM
Moon and Star Atomizers will each raise a mag's Synch by 3 every time one is fed to your mag. Just feed them lots of those, and use your PB's often (since as I told you in-game in the past, using a mag's PB will raise its Synch by 5), and it'll be 100 Synch in no time!

And I know you're not a n00b, Kirukia, so don't try to act like one. :P

Besides, I've more or less wanted this topic to remain on a mostly serious and professional note, so it's not really helping that either.

Rare things in this game are pretty flunctuant. Suffice to say, everyone has their own ups and downs with karma, but I would think that, for different things, they have very different chances of happening:

-Rappy/Booma spawns: Rappies have about a 5% chance of making a full wave appearance at any dead-end on a map. Booma Origins will appear at about the same chances, but in the room prior to a dead-end after defeating all enemies in the dead-end room (exluding when portals or a rare room would be the dead-end)
-Boosted enemies: I believe my general theory for Boosted enemies is that, in average, 1 in every 50-100 enemies you fight, randomly, will become Boosted. As that goes, I would say every enemy has a 1-2% chance of being Boosted, then, and my bets are on the 2%, personally. Just be noted no monsters in the Eternal Tower will ever be Boosted.
-Rare variants: For most enemies, it's about a 1% chance of rare enemies spawning. For certain other foes (like Vespaos and -viel variants) it seems to be more of a 10% chance. It's all up in the air, really.
-Arenas: Appear in the midpoint between sectors ONLY in missions that utilize both sectors of a map or in field runs, I'd say it has roughly a 10% chance of appearing, general consensus says 12% however. It's really not too variant outside of that spectrum of range.
-Rare rooms: Rare rooms, based on each area, each have roughyl a 2% chance of appearing every time you reach a dead-end on the map it corresponds to. For a list of each rare area's rare rooms, they are as follows:

Gurhacia/Ozette: Naura Sisters Confectionary
Rioh Snowfield: Usanny Nest
Paru: Rappy Nest
Makara: Booma Nest
Arca Plant/ Dark Shrine: Coco Hut Pizzeria

And yes, the Cake Shop will appear if you try hard enough to find it. It took me almost 40 straight runs of Gurhacia to find one when I was looking for it, and then afterwards, when I was only looking for random Gurhacia drops, I found it, like, twice in a row. Cheesed me off, I can say that much. : /

Tetris
Jan 10, 2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks Chaos. I was going to ask if this is a good place to get some class details.

IE - now that I'll start up a new character... which I *have* to now that my sister DELETED my 46 FOmar!! *angry face* Luckily, I was smart and put everything in Joint Trunk last night, so at least all my *good* items were saved.

I like the FOmar a lot, but I want to give something different a try. I'm looking at these classes, so could you tell me the good/bad of each?

+ FOnewearl for my mage, the Femini just fits a little girl, haha! But I'm also wondering how the FOnewearl's stats compare to the FOmar.
+ RAmar for ranging (never tried a ranger before, dunno if they're good)
+ HUcast perhaps, though I'm still iffy about losing techniques for traps.

Kirukia
Jan 10, 2011, 12:38 PM
And I know you're not a n00b, Kirukia, so don't try to act like one. :P

I have amnesia @__@

+ FOnewearl for my mage, the Femini just fits a little girl, haha! But I'm also wondering how the FOnewearl's stats compare to the FOmar.

- FOnewearls defining features are a higher MST value and I believe EVA, although their accuracy is much lower. Most of what you're doing is trading off the ability to double with melee for the ability to be more efficient with techniques.

- In PSZ, rangers are vastly underpowered because of range resistant enemies. That isn't to say however that they aren't fun to play as. RAmars are less powerful and less accurate than the cast versions, but they have the ability to use techniques, most notably shifta and deband to support themselves.

- HUcasts have the highest ATP and the highest burst damage in the game. Only arguably beaten by the DoT that forces can deal. Honestly not having traps isn't that big of a deal especially since you heal HP over time and you have HP traps. These can also be timed correctly to be planted before you die for a free revive. Their defense is also great so you should hopefully not have too much trouble. In a party their lack of techs is basically obsolete assuming you don't have an all cast party. On another note, you could also hope the NPCs are feeling intelligent enough to heal in single player.

Broken_L_button
Jan 10, 2011, 02:05 PM
Just be noted no monsters in the Eternal Tower will ever be Boosted.

Are you posting that out of your own experience or after gathering intel from other people? I know that I did see a few boosted enemies in the tower, but not as often as in field runs, in fact, WAY less often than in field runs.

I have amnesia @__@

- FOnewearls defining features are a higher MST value and I believe EVA, although their accuracy is much lower. Most of what you're doing is trading off the ability to double with melee for the ability to be more efficient with techniques.

- In PSZ, rangers are vastly underpowered because of range resistant enemies. That isn't to say however that they aren't fun to play as. RAmars are less powerful and less accurate than the cast versions, but they have the ability to use techniques, most notably shifta and deband to support themselves.

- HUcasts have the highest ATP and the highest burst damage in the game. Only arguably beaten by the DoT that forces can deal. Honestly not having traps isn't that big of a deal especially since you heal HP over time and you have HP traps. These can also be timed correctly to be planted before you die for a free revive. Their defense is also great so you should hopefully not have too much trouble. In a party their lack of techs is basically obsolete assuming you don't have an all cast party. On another note, you could also hope the NPCs are feeling intelligent enough to heal in single player.

Kirukia's post pretty much answered all the questions, but I'd just like to add my own input on these matters:

FOmar vs. FOney:
-FOney's EVA can make her able to dodge as much or more than HUnewearl, provided you cast Jellen on everything.
-In the long run, I'd say the ATP difference between FOmar and FOney isn't an issue, since FOney/FOnewm have a more powerful and accurate selection of melee weapons. Ironically, that better weapon selection coupled with the newman force's superior EVP makes them the best forces for melee, while the human forces are better gunners, with higher base ATP/ATA, considering that they have a better gun selection, even hough guns have horrible ATP/ATA compared to blades, IMO.
-Zalure (level 11+) makes your ATA pretty close to infinite. Even with no ACC adj on her daggers/Gigas romulus, my FOney can reliably anything with heavy attacks, provided she cast Zalure first.

Rangers being underpowered:
Just keep a melee weapon (my preference is gunblade) for range-resistant areas and you'll be set. Worst case scenario, land a full combo to raise the chain to 1 before unleashing a PA. Even with the chain at 1, your PA damage increases much more, and the ranger ATA helps a lot with getting that chain up.

Lack of techniques on a Cast:
Once you play through most of the game's areas at least 1-2 times, you'll probably unconsciously remember all of the enemy attack patterns and be able to dodge attacks simply by walking away from them. And you can always roll, making the need for constant healing less of an issue. You also have a bag containing 30 pills to heal as well as 10 teleportation devices to go buy more pills. And, yeah, HUcast's huge ATP, DFP and HP make him able to deal a LOT of damage and take a lot less. Heck, if you stack only DFP on him, you can take 0 damage from most mobs in super hard if someone casts deband on you and jellen on the enemies, or if you apply Jell lv.4-5 on enemies, all the while being able to deal huge damage.

Tetris
Jan 10, 2011, 02:28 PM
Right, I plan to use slicers on my FOnewearl anyway, due to the fact that they are mid-range. My Femini is 50/50 Hit and Mind, so it should provide good enough bonuses. I noticed that the FOnewearl has a low guard, so should I use some guard materials to up that? I saw that you can only use 80 materials, so should I go for HP or Guard?

I may do a HUmar since I do like mixing things up with techs. I could give a HUcast or RAmar a try, but I might just stick with 2 characters. Not sure at this point. Thank you all for your help and advice.

Broken_L_button
Jan 10, 2011, 02:33 PM
Right, I plan to use slicers on my FOnewearl anyway, due to the fact that they are mid-range. My Femini is 50/50 Hit and Mind, so it should provide good enough bonuses. I noticed that the FOnewearl has a low guard, so should I use some guard materials to up that? I saw that you can only use 80 materials, so should I go for HP or Guard?

I may do a HUmar since I do like mixing things up with techs. I could give a HUcast or RAmar a try, but I might just stick with 2 characters. Not sure at this point. Thank you all for your help and advice.

Don't waste materials raising any force's HP or def; the base stats are too low to provide a meaningful difference in battle. Either go with MST or ATP. Depending on how much your total ATA ends up with your slicer and how high your Zalure lvl is, you might not need that much Hit on your Femini later on, though. I know that in SH, you can hit stuff easily with 400-ish ATA while Zalure level 3 (by level 3, I mean tier 3 effect, thus the tech level is actually level 11+) is casted.

Tetris
Jan 10, 2011, 02:37 PM
So, hit materials would be a good idea, if I use any. I've already used 3 HP materials I found, but no big, since I've still got 77 more material slots I can use.

My level 20 Slicer actually already has Zalure on it. I was thinking about replacing that with something, but if Zalure level 2 is good, then I may keep it as is.

Broken_L_button
Jan 10, 2011, 02:46 PM
Keep in mind that you can get reset materials from the sewers, so you can always revert your material build to zero if you find your current one doesn't suit you. And they don't cost too much in photon drops.

Seeing as you're a force and are able to actually Cast Zalure, I wouldn't rely on having it proc from a weapon, especially since proc rates for most weapons are horrid. Then again, I don't think you're at that point in the game where you have a high level Zalure tech and actually need it. Considering replacing elements costs some meseta and that money is a bit scarce at lower levels, I'd suggest keeping your slicer as is; at your level, stuff should still die quickly and you'll also find another, better item soon.

Kirukia
Jan 10, 2011, 03:24 PM
How exactly are you getting those statistics?
Human Forces have ~50, give or take a few depending on the class, more ATA than Newman Forces at level 100.

My FOmarl is max level, with a 36 hit Loneos (2nd highest ATA slicer at 166 ATA) and maxed Zalure and still only hits about 75% of the time in multiplayer. Maybe 85% or so in single player.

Its enough to deal damage and save TP but it's hardly every time. Which means with a full hit mag, FOneys would barely hit more assuming they have no hit on their weapon.

Daggers is kind of a skewed perspective because of their high ATA values to begin with, but since he specifically stated slicers, he'd assuredly need a full hit mag and even better hit on his slicer to use it as an effective main weapon with a newman force. Even on my force I only use my slicer to save TP and not as a main weapon, otherwise I'd definitely use a hybrid hit mag on top of what I already use.

Just to back up my point:
Highest ATA Daggers: Rage Tonfa (331 ATA)
Highest ATA Slicer: Kouga Shuriken (171 ATA)

Dagger is almost twice as high. Foie Haze is 2nd I believe with 308. And I assume most people aren't going to use a Kouga because
A: They are hard to find
B: They are out-damaged by celeb slicers

Chaos Rappy
Jan 10, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hey, I thought I was the one supposed to be answering questions around here? : /

For a quick little retaliation note before I reply to anything else, Kiruk, while Kouga Shurikens may be outdamaged by Celeb'd slicers, finding an even decent Foie can pose just as difficxult to find, and just because it deals less damage, doesn't make it bad; it still has the best MST for a slicer, and makes it the best Teching Slicer because of it.

EDIT: Also, don't forget, the Shurikens also have a set bonus with the Shinobi Suit, which raises their MST by 25 and their Hit by 50, so that's definitely not something you should leave out of the equation. ;P

Broken_L_button
Jan 10, 2011, 03:50 PM
How exactly are you getting those statistics?

By playing the game, of course. Anyways, note that I wrote that he "might not need that much hit on his MAG depending on how his total ATA ends up". If his ATA is too low, of course he'd need Hit on the MAG. When I wrote that I never missed with heavy attacks with 0'd stuff and no hit on my MAG, I guess that I should have specifically mentioned that I was using my daggers/gigas, of course, not slicers.

Hey, I thought I was the one supposed to be answering questions around here? : /

We decided to slowly, but surely, steal your job from under your feet ;p

Chaos Rappy
Jan 10, 2011, 03:58 PM
Yeah, well, go find some other topic to steal and cram with posts that aren't my answers to other peoples' questions... It's bad enough I have you and Kirukia now arguing on the importance of Force stats, let alone stealing quests I could have answered and been done with myself. <.<

Anyways, time for random advice of the day! I will also be posting these in the first post of the topic, to keep everything grouped together. ;P

:Advice of the Day - 1/10/11:
You may wonder why you may find certain weapons of certain star values and stats, and wonder why they are so coveted by players. Why is this you ask? What could anyone possibly want with a 4* armor with ~50 DFP and ~80 EVP like Pizza Box? Well, it's quite simple: they have exceedingly high grind limits! Because of this, even low-tier weapons and armors can reach high levels of attack power and defensive abilities, respectively. That Pizza Box from before? It has an ungodly NINETY-NINE GRIND LIMIT, allowing it to become one of the strongest armors in the game, and is wieldable by any and all classes starting at a lowly level 14. Think those piddly rares you found were complete junk? Well, I hope this proves that thought wrong! ;D

Broken_L_button
Jan 10, 2011, 04:00 PM
Well...We're not exactly arguing, he just pointed out some parts of my post that weren't precise, which I'm grateful for. But, I guess I'll let the answers come from you if that's what you want.

Kirukia
Jan 10, 2011, 04:03 PM
It's fine, I'm just in a bit of a bad mood I didn't mean to answer so bluntly. Just wanted to make sure he didn't run in with a slicer and miss most of the time :)

@Chaos: There are plenty more decent foie hazes floating around than kougas. That speaks for itself. Besides the fact that he most likely won't be using the kouga, the ATA difference is still drastic. Between the Rage Tonfa and Kouga there is an over 150 ATA difference. That's one and a half hit mags. I'm not saying that slicers don't have thier own advantages, but we were simply discussing that amount of ATA he would need, nothing about MST or teching.

Tetris
Jan 10, 2011, 05:41 PM
I also didn't mean to cause a stir, simply by stating what weapon and class type I'd like to use. I'm just a fan of slicers since they're basically boomerangs, which are pretty sweet.

And it doesn't have to hit every time, as far as I'm concerned. 75% accuracy is still pretty good, in my book. If nothing else, I believe I could use a boosting spell to help my own case, and if not, I'm sure the Femini will come in handy.

I'm a fan of flexibility. Just because I play a Force doesn't mean I'm going to spam techniques. I'm very cautious and frugle with my spells. I'll have to set that Shuriken as a goal, but are there any other good slicers in between my level 20 Zalure Giobanaci and that? I'll assume so, if anybody would care to reccommend what types and where to obtain.

Kirukia
Jan 10, 2011, 05:47 PM
75% accuracy isn't bad but the fact is you could easily get near 100%, and if you plan to use them as your main weapon, you'd want near 100%. Otherwise you'll easily be outdamaged by other classes. Slicers however have the potential to be very useful weapons, especially with Bright Sign. If you want to do a teching/slicer hybrid then Kouga is good, but it's very hard to find. If you're concerned with slicer damage, go for any of these 3:
Trois Souther
Loneos
Eridanus

Trois and Loneos are not too difficult to find but Eridanus is. Get one with a level 3 element, change it to celeb, and make sure it has Bright Sign. And you have a pretty solid slicer that you can use forever :p

On the psoworld forum page there is an Item Database on the left under PSZ.

Tetris
Jan 10, 2011, 05:52 PM
Celeb might be good, but I'm not exactly rolling in funds at the moment. Would perhaps an X element or a HP/PP Siphon work better, since I do not have too much money to use a Celeb with?

Kirukia
Jan 10, 2011, 05:57 PM
Depends on what mode you're on. If you're in Normal Mode just use whichever element you'd like. In Hard Mode you might gain a little money, and in SH you'll get so much money you won't even be able to spend it quick enough. Even with celeb. I'd wait until Hard to use celeb.

Meseta has almost no value in this game outside of photon fortifying, mates/fluids/etc, and weapon crafting.

Very rarely will you be making weapons from parts, and consumables are not expensive at all. So really you'll only need it for PFing and celeb.

Tetris
Jan 10, 2011, 06:02 PM
Ah, I guess you have a point. What I may do is also stockpile mates and fluids during storymode play, so I'll have plenty to use when level grinding.

Thank you for your advice and help. Good to know that there's a multitude of knowledgeable folk around.

Now I just need to find some people to play with. I would wager one hard run through Paru would definately get me a few levels at level 11 :P

Kirukia
Jan 10, 2011, 06:24 PM
No problem, good luck with your future endeavors :p
Best thing to do is find active people who play that you can party with, since Free Play has such limited communication and the player base is small.
Good luck!

Chaos Rappy
Jan 10, 2011, 06:50 PM
I would imagine doing a Hard Paru run at level 11 would ALSO be impossible... since you have to be level 30 or have beaten the Story Mode to be able to play on Hard in the first place. : /

leviayurashyguy
Jan 10, 2011, 07:35 PM
this topic made me sad. it reminded me of one of my favorite graphic novels by Son Hee-joon yet this contains nothing relevant to transgender jewelery. even goes off the same pun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhD:_Phantasy_Degree

sadly it's been on hiatus for quite a while, much like Ragnarok and many other manhwa =|

Tetris
Jan 10, 2011, 07:45 PM
Puns are something else, that's for sure. And I would figure that if somebody ELSE made the party, I could still tag along, right?

Chaos Rappy
Jan 10, 2011, 09:40 PM
Not ironically levia, that's actually where I got the name for this topic from. I remembered reading PhD back in the day, and thought it would be clever to apply its name to something PSZ related, and this was the result. ;P

Hatrix
Jan 11, 2011, 01:13 AM
Hello I would like you to reccomend me a decent sword to hunt?

As I accidentally sold my most proficent Zahaak that had good Hit% and OE.
I was thinking maybe Milias Sword... I don't know

Chaos Rappy
Jan 11, 2011, 04:14 PM
A Zahhak, eh? Well, it's not too hard to find another of those, although that's more of an optimistic outlook. Your best bet for Swords is probably Gurhacia. Helions and Blaze Helions drop Zahhaks and things like that all the time, and can even drop Ainsraiffes, the best (7*) common sword in the game too, so that's something good to look for as well. That's basically the best general area to seach for, but for specifics, you'll have to search their areas, like Milias Breaker in Arca or the Ins in Dark Shrine.

If you're not quite hunting FOR anything in particular, with only a few real wants, you can always try doing an ET run, SH if you could, preferably. They drop loads of good things, not just from the mothers, but the enemies and their completely random spawn chains can make for some fairly beneficial outlooks.

PSZFann
Jan 11, 2011, 11:17 PM
Hello Everyone!,
I did not have any questions, due to my lack of playing PSZ anymore... But i just wanted to stop by because i wanted to Congratulate Mr. Chaos on how well it looks like his class has turned out :) from what i have seen in the past month or so this site has been on a pretty inactive state (with the acception of a few new people popping in here and there). And when i saw this thread it surpised me that it had only ben up for a couple days :)
So what i am trying to say is:
GRATS CHAOS :D

Chaos Rappy
Jan 11, 2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks PSZFann... I guess. Shame you quit, though. It was fun doing runs while it lasted, I guess. ^^;

Oh, almost forgot...!

:Advice of the Day - 1/11/11:
Material building is a very important aspect on how you make your character. They are what esentially help make and reak builds, such as the stone-smashing full-Power HUcast, or the acrobatic full-EVP HUnewearl! Well, today's advice is a relation of material consumption to the damage formula: did you know that no ATP/MST you have on you that ISN'T your base ATP/MST isn't affected by Shifta? It's true. The only thing that Shifta affects is your base ATP/MST, but that doesn't mean there isn't a way to increase it! Material stat gains are actually calculated into your base stats, so the more Power/Mind materials you use, the higher your BASES for those stats go, and the bigger your Shifta bonus becomes! Try to maximize whatever stats you want most through this little tip for if you plan on debating whether to put Power/Mind mats or Power/Mind on your mag for their respective stats. Even a small amount can help alot! ;D

Chaos Rappy
Jan 12, 2011, 06:30 PM
Well guys, I am happy to say that I look forward to answering more of your questions, and that I hope you all keep 'em coming. ;P

:Advice of the Day - 1/12/11:
Many different weapons can be found in Phantasy Star Zero, and each have their own attacking capabilities, be they fast swinging, hard hitting, or even the ability to hit many enemies at once! There's almost a limitless amount of options you can choose from when it comes to the variance you can have in weapons in this game! Well, here's a hint for the next time you decide to bring out a Gunblade: did you know you can use two melee attacks in sequence, then hold the L button and shoot immediately after with the attack button while holding the L button with no windup? It's great! You can close in and deal good, quick hits with two Light Attacks of the gunblade, and instantly pop out a Hard L-Shot on unsuspecting foes, dealing massive damage to those not heavily resistant to ranged attacks! Although this perk can't be used to increase chains in a combo, it can be used to devastate single foes quickly and usually with little time taken to do so with the Gunblades' extremely fast melee attacks! You should definitely try this out when you get a chance! ;D

PSZFann
Jan 13, 2011, 12:37 AM
Thanks PSZFann... I guess. Shame you quit, though. It was fun doing runs while it lasted, I guess. ^^;

ya dude i am so sorry... but with the loss of my ds (handing it down) and the receiving of a PSP, pluss the online play dwindling away on the game... i just lost interest :( sadly i am saying this, but i am

Crazyleo
Jan 13, 2011, 03:08 PM
Here's a question for you Chaos:

I've a level 58 Fomar who's weapon is the slicer. How I've been playing the character is as a healer/buffer. How should I assign the points on the mag (planning on making a new one if needed) and the mats.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 13, 2011, 04:17 PM
Good question. To be honest, I was hardly expecting anyone to ask me statistical questions, but this has made my day. ;P

Okay, SO, you're a FOmar. FOmars have good ATA for Forces. No as much as FOmarls, nor as much MST, but still better than the Newmans. What I recommend is, unless you find a high Hit GOOD Slicer to use, you should probably make either separate mags for when you Slice and when you support, or you can make due and try to do both at the same time, which isn't too hard to do. I recommend about 50 Hit on your Mag, since Slicers have very low ATA, and FOmars, while retaining second-highest ATA for Forces, still have the third-lowest ATA of all time, so they definitely still require some ATA to hit proficiently on regular enemies. If you're only Slicing against bosses, ATA is almost negligible because bosses only have 1 EVP. With Zalure on enemies (maybe a Lv2 or Lv3 effect [Zalure tech levels 6-15, or weapon Zalure levels 2-3, or even 4-5 if you want]), you might need a combined total ATA of about 450 for SH, lower for higher levels of Zalure, maybe 300 for Hard, so you can probably fairly easily get that with only about 50 Hit on your Mag while having to use Zalure to get enemies' EVP's to low enough levels to hit proficiently against them. Otherwise, with no Zalure, which I do not recommend for Force Slicer-wielders, you'll need about 520 ATA to hit effectively against most foes, and up to 550 in any of the last three areas in SH. So, Mag gets 50/50 Hit/Mind (I recommend doing it in that order to get a Sig mag, if you plan on using a bought or mag gotten from the Trader, so the Sig will have Flozir, arguably the best overall PB and really the best PB for Forces even solo), and mats all Mind. You'll see why later on, if you don't know yourself already why I recommend this.

Now, as for Support, if you DO plan on making separate mags for support and Slicer, then just go 100 Mind. No need for anything else, since magic never misses, and you'll need all the MST you can get to heal, plus you shouldn't be anywhere near actual danger to need the Guard either. 100 Mind Mats where its due should be in order, and here's why:

In either case, due to the damage formula and how Shifta affects your ATP/MST, I recommend going all Mind Materials. More MST boosted means being able to better help your allies or better hurt your enemies. Hit Mats are unrecommended for Slicer using because Shifta does not affect your ATA, and Zalure doesn't raise your ATA either, just lowers enemy EVP, so raising it with Mats when all you need to do is put it on your mag when you could use the mats for more important stuff like better techs is fairly... eh... "unwise", shall I say. :|

Anyways, that's about all I have to say for that! I hope this answers your question! ;D

Oh, and if you don't like the way Sig looks but would still like to get those stats and PB, you can always raise said Sig, and then when it gets to the desired level, you can feed a mag soul item to it and turn it into somehting else. Otherwise, statistically speaking, Sig is probably the best you'll get for it.

Crazyleo
Jan 13, 2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks a bunch Chaos. I'll be raising 2 Mags then. One just for ATA and the other for MST.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 13, 2011, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't recommend ALL Hit on your mag, by the way. 50 is more than enough usually with Zalure applied, and the extra MST helps to deal more damage and be able to do more with your techs too... plus a mag that has more Hit than Mind in which Mind doesn't exceed Hit (but CAN equal Hit, unless you make it a 21/21/58 mag like in my first "Advice of the Day" to get the mag you want with the preferable stats) by level 100 gets Flozir, unless you happen to find a Paru mag that has Flozir and Hit, and in the case of pickiness (like me), if it also has your Nature of choice too, and maybe color.

Hatrix
Jan 14, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the sword suggestion ( I know where everything is just wanted a suggestion out of curiosity ) I know Ainsraife is the best standard sword but It's even uglier than my Zahakks lol. Anyway my Lv97 HUnewm is missing Lv.10 Resta which really sucks because I don't see many Lv.10 techs on Super. I have a few mid level characters I can search Hard mode with, is there any specific location you would suggest to find this technique? Or I can attempt Hard tower with them that I have to do anyhow to advance offline. Anyway I think this tech should reduce my resta casting significantly if I can ever find the damm thing... Thanks Chaos; keep up the good work I like this thread :)

Chaos Rappy
Jan 14, 2011, 05:25 PM
Resta... really, for techs, it's hit and miss. The Tower seems to know what you're looking for, though. Whenever I do Hard Tower, I always seem to find Lv10 techs instead of level 12 or anything else. It's hit or miss, really, all luck-based on finding it, but if you need a good area to try hunting in Hard while trying to get them, as a HUmar, you should try Paru. Might get some good stuff there, or continue with Gurhacia and its chance for a Bakery spawn in offline mode.

EDIT: Gah, I can't believe I didn't add in my Advice of the Day in this post! Fell asleep too soon and fifn't get around to it, but I'll do this one for the 14th and post another for the 15th, that way things are kept in smooth flow. ;P

:Advice of the Day - 1/14/11:

Do you know of the password machine inside of the sewers? When you beat the third story mission, you are given access to the sewers via a manhole to the left of your spawnpoint in the town. Inside, there's a trader for your Photon Drops, an Emeny Part Modifier, who makes weapons out of the enemy parts you bring to him... for a price... And, lastly, but not least, there's a password machine all the way to the farther reaches of the sewers, where you can type in codes to get special weapons! Most have a wielding requirement of Lv20, and it's not just weapons, but three special mag souls too! For today, I will give you the passwords for each weapon available to you in the US version of the game:

Blade Cannon ------ 7839-3594
Caduceus ----------- 5139-6877
CONSOLES+ -------- 9185-6189
Game Master ------- 7162-5792
INGame: Greg&Kiri 5531-0215
Nintendo Power --- 3171-0109
Selvaria's Shield --- 4294-2273
Selvaria's Spear --- 5703-8252
Lassi Soul (x5) ----- 4775-7197
Puyo Soul (x5) ----- 3470-1424
Toppi Soul (x5) ---- 9475-6843

Be aware, however, as all of these items you can only ever get ONCE in your gaming career on your cartridge, so it would be inadvisanle for you to trade off any of the weapons or intantly use all of your mag souls without consideration for the build of the mag you use on them. Use what you get wisely, because by the time you reach the end of the third mission, I'm sure you pretty much deserve some of these. ;D

Crazyleo
Jan 15, 2011, 01:24 PM
Here's another question Chaos:

I know in PS:0, there is a combo chain system, but unlike PS:P2, it always seems to be hit or miss when trying to develop high chains (trying to get all the titles)

Any tips (especially in offline mode)

Mustache
Jan 16, 2011, 12:47 AM
I started a new character today, a FOnewearl. Anyway, after going through the first 5-6 missions I was astounded by the Booma Origin and Rappy turn ups. Getting either 2 Booma, 2 Rappy, or one of each PER STAGE. Having met the same amount of Booma Origins in my first 5 stages as my lvl 89 character has in it's life span. I want to ask...Would there be any reasoning behind this gross increase of events?

Note that I have a normal copy of the game for the DS, and have done NOTHING to compromise the file write of the game.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 16, 2011, 01:00 AM
While not written anywhere or stated as fact, it has been deduced by myself and through the community that, in Story Missions, the chances of encountering Rappies and Booma Origins is much higher. It could be that your luck was simply better than before while doing them, or something... I don't know. Most people usually get a Rappy encounter on their first mission, and then it continues from there.

Mustache
Jan 24, 2011, 01:22 AM
Thread Re-Opened. Thank you forum mods.

Anyway, for a question. I was wondering what weapon bonuses (Like Celeb) actually boost. Context of the question is referring to Shifta//Deband only taking into consideration base stats + Mats. Does Celeb and other boosting effects take your Mag, Weapon Damage, and Shifta effects into consideration when dealing damage?

Chaos Rappy
Jan 24, 2011, 01:46 AM
Whoa. Didn't expect to see THIS re-opened... O_o

Well, then I guess it's time class went back into session. Time to earn your PhD's in double-time! XD

ANYWAYS, for your question, Mustache...

I was wondering what weapon bonuses (Like Celeb) actually boost. Context of the question is referring to Shifta//Deband only taking into consideration base stats + Mats. Does Celeb and other boosting effects take your Mag, Weapon Damage, and Shifta effects into consideration when dealing damage?

A very good question! I weas hoping someone would eventually question me and many others suggest putting your mats as Power/Mind over anything else. And now, my answer: Your stats and the stats of your weapons are individually important, and for different reasons. Your weapon stats determine your weapon damage strength and the accuracy of their individual photon arts, and your base stats reflect on how well you are with any weapon. The element on the weapon also plays a vital role when taking into account damage-increasing elements, and this is how they work, along with how the boosting techs work into the damage formula:

Weapon %'s - Each % increases the effectiveness of your weapon's ATP/MST by that much % when attacking (PHYSICALLY) against a hostile of that type. So, 1 % on a weapon with 100 ATP would thereby make it as if it had 101 ATP when attacking a creature that was of the same % as the % it was on. As a side-note, YES, grinding a weapon does increase the amount that the % will increase, as it comes off of current weapon ATP, not the base ATP of the weapon.

Soul element - Soul is a special element with special characteristics. When low on HP (yellow or red coloured bar), your WEAPON'S ATP/MST will increase by 10% x (ELEMENT LV). So, Soul Lv3, for instance, when low on HP, will increase weapon ATP/MST by 30%. However, this is taken into account vefore enemy resistances and DFP, and is usually seen to not increase your overall damage nearly as much as other damage-increasing elements, but the increase is slightly noticeable.

Risk element - Risk is also a special element, but more similar to Life and Celeb than Soul. Risk is like Life, but with two exceptions: it has a CHANCE of proc'ing rather than 100% procrate, and the damage dealt back to you is not a % of your current HP, but instead a % of the damage you deal when it proc's. % varies on the element level, so the higher the level, the less you take back, but the proc damage increase is an OVERALL damage increase (taken into account after all other calculations, like Life and Celeb) and is always a 50% increase in damage.

Life/Celeb elements - Ah, the infamous duo that ruined and made rares what they are in PSZ now... useless piles of dog-rump, for the most part. Both increase your OVERALL (after all calculations) damage, Life ALWAYS does so by 50% but costs you a % of your current HP (and a lot of it too, making low-level Life DEFINITELY not worth it sometimes), and Celeb is based on the level, as well its meseta cost. Celeb increases damage dealt by 10% x (ELEMENT LEVEL), and the meseta cost per level is 20meseta + 10(ELEMENT LEVEL)meseta. So, a Lv4 Celeb would cost 60 meseta to proc, and adds 40% extra damage to your hits, and level 5 would be 50% increase for 70 meseta, etc... Very effective, and even to an extent, on a broken level, I might add, but that's for the players to decide.

Shifta/Deband - Both increase their respective stats (ATP/MST for Shifta, DFP for Deband, if you didn't already know) by an amount respective to the cast level. For versions of this tech within levels 1-5, it increases ATP/ST/DFP by 15%, levels 6-10 increase by 20%, and levels 11-15 raise by 25%. This is why Forces have a slight advantage to how effective their shiftas are in groups, so if you have a FO- in your group, or are the FO-, tell them to help out if they've got these techs above Lv10. :P

Jellen/Zalure - Both of these decrease an enemy's ATP/MST/ATA (for Jellen) and DFP/EVP (for Zalure) by an amount based on tech/weapon element level, similar to Shifta/Deband. The only difference is that their Lv1-5 techs/weapon element Lv1 is a 10% decrease, tech Lv6-10/WEL Lv2 is 15%, tech Lv11-15/WEL Lv3 is 20% decrease, and WEL's Lv4 and 5 are 25% and 30% decreases, respectively. For this case, that means that anyone with a good weapon that can proc these in excess of Lv3 is good against all but bosses, which you cannot proc elements on (Note: ELEMENTS; Risk, Life, Celeb, and Soul still work), in which you must get a FO- or Ranger Human to cast on the boss(es) to get the decreases slapped on them.

Photon Arts - The special attacks that help make or break some weapons, these attack enhancements increase or decrease WEAPON ATP/MST/ATA when used against foes for various effects, like multiple hits for low damage, or massive-damaging slow-strikes. The % they increase or decrease when being taken into calculations are increases/decreases of just the weapon's ATP/MST/ATA, NOT including your base ATP/MST/ATA, so finding a weapon with Hit is a lot more effective to have than Mag/Mat Hit on weapons with PA's that increase ATA when attacking, however are NOT as effective when using weapons that decrease weapon ATA, so be aware of that (this is why Bite Stamp is actually not a very good PA to have on even high-Hit Hadan Bites).

And that's... about all I think I know on the subject... if I forgot anything, I'll be sure to look it up soon to make sure I'm right about what I said... ^^;

EDIT: I knew I forgot something... adding in PA section. >_<;

Bashin
Jan 25, 2011, 09:11 AM
This is an amazing thread, thanks! I got some questions ^^

Question1: Is is common to play online with guys playing as female chars?:-? I like FOnewearls :rolleyes:

Question2: Where should I put all my mats!?(For my FOnewearl) I'll probably reset them after hearing what you recommend

Question3: I know different armors/adds are are needed for certain places, but am I ok to default Aegir Robe+10 with Compress PA, Tech Save 2, PP Recovery 3, and Tech-Level Boost? My FOnewearl is only 51 atm^^

Question4: As a Force I should have a lot of different upgraded weapons or can I just use my sweet Gallanhorne with 34 accuracy adj?

Question5: Whats a recommended mag for me? My playing style: Staying alive, casting elemental attacks from afar, finishing monsters with a quick beat down with my Gallanhorne, this is just on story mode btw @__@

Thanks for reading :-P

Chaos Rappy
Jan 25, 2011, 04:04 PM
This is an amazing thread, thanks! I got some questions ^^

Question1: Is is common to play online with guys playing as female chars?:-? I like FOnewearls :rolleyes:
Yes, it is in fact VERY often you will find male players who maily play as females, for more than one reason, I'm sure. Usually, and I hate to make it sound bad, it's more of a sexuality thing and aesthetics, I'm sure, but for more of us (like myself), I play females for their statistical advantages while also in the NON-sexual way are more aesthetically pleasing to see than the males. *coughRACASEAL>RACASTcough* :P

Question2: Where should I put all my mats!?(For my FOnewearl) I'll probably reset them after hearing what you recommend
All Mind. If you plan on doing ANYTHING related to techs or MST-based weapons, all Mind mats, and that's really the only thing I would recommend you play FOnewearls for, as they're probably the worst melee combat class in the game. If you plan on using Slicers, though, that's where your mag comes in, and for various playstyles, your mag will be where your major variances in statistics will come from. As a techer, all Mind on your mag (or 99 Mind and 1 of any other stat if for aesthetics or if you don't like Flozir), and as a slicer-user, about 50/50 Mind/Hit (personally, I recommend raising Hit to 50 before leveling Mind so at level 60, it'll evolve into a Sig that has Flozir, but that's just because I see Flozir as the best PB in the game).

Question3: I know different armors/adds are are needed for certain places, but am I ok to default Aegir Robe+10 with Compress PA, Tech Save 2, PP Recovery 3, and Tech-Level Boost? My FOnewearl is only 51 atm^^
Yes, that's fine. It's actually not that bad for your level, assuming this is your main, I guess. The only way you could really improve is to find the pizzeria and try and get a 4slot Pizza Box and grind that sucker to +99, or find an Ancient Robe or, if you're REALLY lucky once you get to SH, a 4slot Rika's Suit, since you're a Newearl (although you still won't be able to wear that until level 76), or a 4slot Noble Cloak (although it has a wearing level of 66, but is the best overall armor in the game due to its high elemental resistances across the board); of course, there's nothing wrong with finding 3slots of any of these, however Pizza Box you're pretty much guaranteed to get 4slotted versions of if you persist long enough in trying to get the pizza salewoman to sell them, and anything less than 3 slots I don't recommend wearing over ANY 4slot armor.

As for slot-ins, I guess you could probably do with the occasional Protect unit based on the area you go to (Stun Protect for Ozette, Ice Protect for Rioh, Slow Protect in Paru, etc.), and swap it with the PP Recovery unit, or the Tech-Boost, whichever isn't helping as much (usually the Tech-Boost one).

Question4: As a Force I should have a lot of different upgraded weapons or can I just use my sweet Gallanhorne with 34 accuracy adj?
Yeah, you can do that. I recommend trying Hard Ozette a few times for an Asclepios though, as with Forces, none of the %'s matter, even ATA, and Asclepios has more MST than Gallanhorne, but that's pretty much if you plan on MAINLY teching and not attacking much. Otherwise, your Gallanhorne is fine, at least for now. Afterwards, once you get to SH, I recommend trying SH Ozette a few times and try and get a Keryikeion, or SH Paru for the (albeit rare) Goth Parasol. After THAT, I can only recommend the two top Rods for teching, White Disaster and Psycho Wand, although both are MUCH harder to find than either of the other two I mentioned, so it's best to leave those for until you can't find anything better. As far as Canes may be concerned, if you wanted to know about them, try Hard Paru for Diopsides all over the place, or SH Rioh for the occasional Alice Olivia... or, you know, try doing a SH ET run maybe once you can, and just take what you get from there. 90% of the time, a Force Mother will drop you a 7* common force weapon, be they wand, rod, or one of the two 7* commonER slicers (she doesn't drop Eridanus).

Question5: Whats a recommended mag for me? My playing style: Staying alive, casting elemental attacks from afar, finishing monsters with a quick beat down with my Gallanhorne, this is just on story mode btw @__@
Ah... whoops. I answered that back in your mat question's answer... Just look up for this one. XP

for various playstyles, your mag will be where your major variances in statistics will come from. As a techer, all Mind on your mag (or 99 Mind and 1 of any other stat if for aesthetics or if you don't like Flozir), and as a slicer-user, about 50/50 Mind/Hit (personally, I recommend raising Hit to 50 before leveling Mind so at level 60, it'll evolve into a Sig that has Flozir, but that's just because I see Flozir as the best PB in the game).
Specifically that part.

Thanks for reading :-P
No problem! Always a joy for me to help those in need. IT's a positive factor for me for the fact that once I get out of the Navy, I want to become a teacher. ^_^

Bashin
Jan 25, 2011, 04:39 PM
Oh man i got a lot of work to do then, I'm using a FOnewearl because i don't like how the FOnewm look, no offense to any of those out there! At least now I have a project to work on while i'm still trying to find a job, I made a HUnewm but I dunno, he was just my first char that i kinda messed around with^^; When I played episodes 1&2 on gamecube i couldn't play as FOnewm either, something about their looks to me lol but I'll fix up my Fonewearl and make her prime for SH mode if i ever get there, I can't ever find the pizza place ever since i found it on hard mode(thank god i did though) compress PA is probably one of the most broken things on psz lol

Chaos Rappy
Jan 25, 2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah, a 33% reduction in charging time for PA's and techs, it makes things LOADS easier on people like me who actually like using PA's when it's actually a good time to be used, or techs that work better charged but take a loing time to do so (Gimegid anyone?).

Bashin
Jan 25, 2011, 04:53 PM
I'll reset my mats when i have enough photons to max out mind, not like i'll get to SH in one night haha, i also have to make a new mag, and i got some souls to change it just in case I don't the look, I will miss the Feo though haha, seemed to match my little FOnewearl :-P as for my HUnewm, he did his part, he found what my FOnewearl has lol, thanks for the tips!

Mustache
Jan 30, 2011, 04:43 PM
I can't seem to gather a stable damage equation for the Granir PB. It almost seems like the damage is random. I was wondering if you have any idea on how it works.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 30, 2011, 04:49 PM
From the info I've gathered on personal analysis, the damage it deals is relative to the Mag's Synch, and the combined amounts of your ATP/MST, perhaps... The damage is then doubled/tripled/quadrupled for every other person who adds their PB gauge into the chain... but further testing is still needed.

Even then, the max damage dealt possible doesn't come from Granir. It's from a high Chain number and using a PA with a high ATP/MST multiplication factor, like Over End and Bite Stamp.

bns1991
Jan 30, 2011, 08:46 PM
I have my master's, but I'm working on my PhD^^;

Chaos Rappy
Jan 30, 2011, 10:07 PM
Well, what are you waiting for? We here at Phantasy Star Zero Degree can help you go from 0 to PhD in just 6 months! If you've already got your Master's, you're already halfway there! (since PhD's follow the EXP chart for levels like the Phantasy Star games, so getting from Master's to PhD will take longer tha, say, nothing to Associate's). ;D

Syre
Jan 31, 2011, 12:16 AM
Nvm, got it answered xD

Mustache
Jan 31, 2011, 11:34 PM
Is the information from this link fact or theory? Namely the information on drop increase of 1.5x while online and 1.25x while in Access Field.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173168

Chaos Rappy
Feb 1, 2011, 12:07 AM
Mostly theory, but the supposed information is supposedly true... notice my sarcasm in this.

Luck is all player based. Regardless of a "supposed" droprate increase, it's your luck and your luck alone that makes these more noticeable or not. Fact of the matter is, yes, it's supposed to be this way, but likewise, I can count innumerable occasions where I've had more luck offline than online, and more luck in quests than Field runs.

Also, it's not a combined total for 1.75x droprate increase for Access Field on Online, it's 1.85x increase (1.5 x 1.25 = 1.875, in case you can do math).

Mustache
Feb 1, 2011, 12:29 AM
Also, I was going through the guides and I didn't see one for Free Play conversations. I think a person was offering a trade but I didn't understand the pre-set conversations. Do you know of a guide that can teach me the multiple meanings each pre-set comment can have? It happened when I took out my Lavis Cannon, the person stopped and asked "Are you OK" "Hahaha" multiple times until I said "Oh no" then the person changed from a Zero Rifle to an Eclipse Star asked it over again. Until I replied then went through a bunch of items, quickly, including a Clair Doubles, but I couldn't get them to go back to it...

bns1991
Feb 1, 2011, 10:38 AM
I have mastered the hunter and force classes, but I havent been able to stick with a ranger. What do you recommend?

Mustache
Feb 1, 2011, 11:54 AM
I suggest you read the link below if you want to really take advantage of your ranger.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176095

Rangers have a lot of tips and tricks that can be taken advantage of, such as to a small extent an never ending combo with Gunblades, and being able to charge PA or Techs while Strafe Shooting.

Norco
Mar 1, 2011, 09:57 PM
I am not 100% sure if this is were I should ask this but. I've been looking all over PSO-World and I can't find the drop info for Ancient Robe. So my questions are: "What drops Ancient Robe?" and "What would be the best tactic around that area?"

I am playing as a lvl 56 HUnewm who love using Double Sabers.

Mustache
Mar 1, 2011, 10:20 PM
I guess the easiest way for you to get one is just to ask me.XD

But really I have extra 4 slot Ancient robes if you want one.

Norco
Mar 1, 2011, 10:32 PM
That would be awesome! I've actually not played PSZ online yet, guess it's about time I check that out xD What do I need to know?

Mustache
Mar 1, 2011, 10:35 PM
You just need to add my friend code to your friend rooster, in the screen when you pick your character. Then go online and hopefully you'll see me. Under Play with Friends->Join Friend.

Edit, And I need you to post your FC

Norco
Mar 1, 2011, 10:39 PM
I just added my FC ^_^

Mustache
Mar 1, 2011, 10:41 PM
Alright, I'm hosting.

Norco
Mar 1, 2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks alot for the items and advice ^_^

FluffyFox
Mar 2, 2011, 04:36 AM
Question about the action pallette...

I have a lowbie FOnewearl and I just realized I don't have enough room for everything I want to do. Not by a long shot.

What are some good or recommended pallette configurations? Things I think are mandatory: Roll (Dodging is a must), Normal Attack (For hitting boxes and PA's), and Resta (Gotta have healz.)

This only leaves a grand total of 3 open pallette spaces. I can quick-menu heal my PP or HP or whatever other items, so that isn't a problem...

But that leaves Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure, Anti, Foie, Zonde, Barta, Grants, and Megid. That's 10 spells and I'm only allowed to choose 3. It's kind of frustrating to be honest. I feel really limited.

Broken_L_button
Mar 2, 2011, 05:15 PM
Adjust your offensive spell selection to the weakness of each area:

Valley: Ice-lightning (only on vulkures and perhaps Reyburn, but you can destroy him with your pure force of will...or a slicer to the head)
Swamp: Fire-lightning
Oblivion city Paru: Fire-lightning (Boss spazzes and dies to Razonde)
Makara ruins: Ice-light-fire (only on certain bats) *Ice is the most effective here though
Arca plant: Fire-ice-lightning-MAYBE dark(for Arkzein R) and light (for Arkorse)
Dark Shrine: Dark for the first half, light for the second half.

So, with this, most of the areas require only 2 offensive spells, 3 or more only if you want to cover rare enemies' weaknesses. Also, for you, Deband and Jellen aren't worth jack. Zalure is "meh" considering Shifta + targetting weaknesses is already overkill.

Crazyleo
Mar 3, 2011, 01:12 PM
I'm planning on rolling up a Racast who's primary means of attack is the rifle. What would be a good Mag/Mat build for such a character?

Broken_L_button
Mar 3, 2011, 01:42 PM
80 power mats, mostly power on the MAG as well, but, when you get your end-game rifle(s) (laevateinn, Garland Drei, Yasminkov, etc.) you might want to adjust your MAG with a tiny amount of hit (no more than 20-25), depending on your total ATA and your most used rifle PA's ATA mod. If you're using whipeout for example, you'll definitely want to have some hit on that MAG, while, if you're using hollow snipe or Mine sneak, the hit isn't needed at all.

Tamlin
Mar 4, 2011, 06:50 PM
Today, ladies and gentlemen... I will be teaching you combat tactics 101

1. First and formost, learn the importance of lock-on and strafing! With this ability, you can sidestep some of the more dangerous attacks, such as the sword strokes of Phobos and Zaphobos.

It also increases the likelyhood that your attacks will hit in the right area. This is esspecialy useful when you lock onto a foe like Batt, Bullbatt Vulkure, and other such fast moving foes. The lock on function allows you to always be aiming right at your opponent. This really helps against the Finjers in Arca, as they move extremely fast, even when attacking.

2. Always be useful of the practical applications of shields. The ability to avoid damage is fundamental to Success. They do less damage, yes, but you will be hitfar less often, asuming you use them properly. An important weapon class indeed.

3. Speed weapons vs Power Weapons
Speed weapons, when coupled with Celeb element, are without comparison for battle power, landing the hits before your quary can hit you. Power attackers, like swords and spears, as well as bazookas and rods are indeed powerful for single hits, but their practicality is reduced by slower attack speed, leaving wide oppenings for opponent's attacks to hit.

That was Tamlin's lesson for the day...
over and out!

FluffyFox
Mar 4, 2011, 08:28 PM
nice tips.

I haven't found lock/strafe to be terribly useful on my RAcast, but then again, I use a laser cannon, so it has a lot of recoil/delay.

I'm getting kind of tired of that weapon class in general, but I dont know what kind of weapon I could use to replace it...

Since quick-swapping weapons isnt nearly as fast in PSZ as it is in PSO, I find that it's too much of a hassle to carry around different weapons like I did in PSO, and rather just keep one. I thought laser cannon would be the most practical, as it's the only "natural" mobbing weapon for the ranger class. (Its standard attacks hit multiple mobs - unlike other weapons where you need to use a PA to hit multiple mobs, or the gunblade which has a very unnatural feel to its attack pattern, plus, I didn't choose a ranger to HIT THINGS UP CLOSE.)

So, I guess, what kind of weapons are good for RA that also have very nice mobbing PAs?

flatline
Mar 4, 2011, 09:20 PM
how do i connect to friends i added and that added me i wwanna play with someone

Broken_L_button
Mar 4, 2011, 09:45 PM
So, I guess, what kind of weapons are good for RA that also have very nice mobbing PAs?

Guns with multi-target PAs:

Handguns - Flame hit and thriller combo
Rifles - mine sneak (easiest way to use this is to get close to the enemy and turn away from them while using it or sneak next to them while using it) I'd mention whipeout too, but it sucks too much in terms of accuracy and range to deserve being mentioned.
Mechgun - cool style (Beware, accuracy isn't assured. Best used to roll under a boss' crotch and attack their legs multiple times)

Laser cannons can hit lots of enemies, of course, but they're sooo slooooooow...Though, Divine ray looks cool. Like a baws. Not sure about bazookas, since, even though they can rack up lots of damage, I hate using them much.

Also, even though you don't like them...

Gunblades (duh) - earth bullet; invaluable for a ranger against range-resistant enemy groups

It should be noted that most gun PAs that hit multiple enemies require you to get closer than your normal shooting range.

EDIT: Forgot to add this:

Saber -Zeta cutlass/Force ride; even though you might not like attacking stuff up close, you'll HAVE to eventually. With these PAs, sabers are extremely fast and hit lots of enemies.

FluffyFox
Mar 4, 2011, 10:04 PM
Guns with multi-target PAs:

Handguns - Flame hit and thriller combo
Rifles - mine sneak (easiest way to use this is to get close to the enemy and turn away from them while using it or sneak next to them while using it) I'd mention whipeout too, but it sucks too much in terms of accuracy and range to deserve being mentioned.
Mechgun - cool style (Beware, accuracy isn't assured. Best used to roll under a boss' crotch and attack their legs multiple times)

Laser cannons can hit lots of enemies, of course, but they're sooo slooooooow...Though, Divine ray looks cool. Like a baws. Not sure about bazookas, since, even though they can rack up lots of damage, I hate using them much.

Also, even though you don't like them...

Gunblades (duh) - earth bullet; invaluable for a ranger against range-resistant enemy groups

It should be noted that most gun PAs that hit multiple enemies require you to get closer than your normal shooting range.

EDIT: Forgot to add this:

Saber -Zeta cutlass/Force ride; even though you might not like attacking stuff up close, you'll HAVE to eventually. With these PAs, sabers are extremely fast and hit lots of enemies.

I remember using cool style once. It looked really dumb and didn't seem to have any practical application... shooting everywhere randomly? yeah, that's going to help.

Also, at what point will I NEED to hit enemies up close (and why?)

Tamlin
Mar 5, 2011, 01:42 PM
Well I would defer you to Chaos's expertise on range weapons, as close range is my forte...
but I would recommend bazookas with either wild blow or Crazy on... although I can't really claim the best knowlege of ranged weapons...

Lesson number Two: The Chess Game
It took the message pack in the second half of the dark shrine for me to Realize this... but the entire Shrine could be related to chess pieces.
Derreo/ Zerreo: Pawns
Eulid /Eulidevil/ Eulad/ Euladevil: Rooks
Phobos/ Zaphobos/ Dyna: King
Now comes the tricky part: The queen herself.
The Jumpers: It took me a month to figure out each one did something distinct from the others. It took me another week to discern which was which... and I got all of their rules figured out. Except one: The jumper that causes two balls of electricity had me stumped. sometimes the attacks were head on, and sometimes to the sides...
Here's the rub: The chessboard is divided into white and gold squares. The gold squares have blue circles in the middle. These mark where the orbs strike. Stand on white to avoid the thunderballs. Other than that... well... the other two are easy.

When you kill two, and then mother trinity brings herself into the fight, the third one gains all the powers. Well, it still follows the same rules. Lighting in a line, golden sword up close, and electrical orbs on golden panels.

Now for Trinity herself:
The arms: When she brings her arms out, immediately cut them down, and she will fall forward, giving you time to strike. Act quick or you'll lose a chance to hit her hard. This is best done in Wi-Fi when you have sentient allies, because your AI allies always just go for her body, which is dangerous and slow.

Dark Falz:
This is the player behind the Chessboard. He makes the moves and plans the game to his rules. Strafing is essential. Lock onto his head and hit him hard while avoiding the orbs of darkness and the rising spike things.

When he dives, just avoid him until he stops and then hit him as hard as you can. He'll surface again, and then finish him before he dives a second time.

This ends Tamlin's second tactics lesson.

Broken_L_button
Mar 5, 2011, 03:36 PM
Also, at what point will I NEED to hit enemies up close (and why?)

Range resistance+player impatience. That is all.

FluffyFox
Mar 5, 2011, 07:46 PM
Range resistance+player impatience. That is all.

:o how intense is range resistance? I tend to use heat traps on harder to take down enemies... will that not be enough?

Broken_L_button
Mar 5, 2011, 08:00 PM
In Super hard mode, unless you constantly get a small chain going before launching your gun PAs, your damage will be barely noticeable on range-resistant enemies. Even with Celeb, your RAcast will have trouble getting more than 100 damage per shot with guns other than a bazooka/Gunblade. And nope, heat traps won't cut it.

Chaos Rappy
Mar 5, 2011, 08:13 PM
Gunblades are still pretty good for ranged combat, eve on ranged resistant foes. Just one-two-heavyshot them if you have to, it's how you'll get the most damage out of gunblades no matter what you face.

FluffyFox
Mar 5, 2011, 08:14 PM
In Super hard mode, unless you constantly get a small chain going before launching your gun PAs, your damage will be barely noticeable on range-resistant enemies. Even with Celeb, your RAcast will have trouble getting more than 100 damage per shot with guns other than a bazooka/Gunblade. And nope, heat traps won't cut it.

ugh, i think i kind of lost motivation to continue my RAcast... -.-

Bazookas and gunblades are super lame.

Bazookas have no AoE.... Ex-fucking-scuse me? what's the point of that?

Gunblades are primarily melee (Who wants to melee playing a ranged char...) with a slow clunky spread attack.

I suppose this wouldn't be an issue if quick swapping was as viable in PSZ as it is in PSO, I could quick swap in half a second.

Chaos Rappy
Mar 5, 2011, 08:28 PM
Bazooka PA's have AoE (for the most part), and their damage is surprisingly high during them, most especially a Wild Blow, but you lose your "ranged" aspect with them using it to sacrifice for its immense damage.

Gunblades, while truthfully not ranged weapons at all (intentionally, just so you know), they were meant to give Rangers a weapon that they could use to close in during combat for melee when they needed to, which is what they're good at. They have the higest "ranged" damage potential with their shots (since at close range, that's three shots dealing the damage at all once when you use the shot, and on certain foes, I've done almost in excess of 150 damage per shot on range-weak foes, which is a total of 450+ damage with all three shots calculated in).

Also, Earth Bullet is the manliest Photon Art in existence => Gunblades are the manliest weapons in existence.

Broken_L_button
Mar 5, 2011, 08:40 PM
^This. SO MUCH THIS.

Gunblades are primarily melee (Who wants to melee playing a ranged char...) with a slow clunky spread attack.

I suppose this wouldn't be an issue if quick swapping was as viable in PSZ as it is in PSO, I could quick swap in half a second.

Last I checked, any self-respecting ranger in PSO would suck up their pride and break out that beatstick to beat the lizards in EP4. And, in PSZ, Hunters (the self-respecting ones at least) have to use guns on melee-resistant foes.

FluffyFox
Mar 5, 2011, 09:47 PM
^This. SO MUCH THIS.

Last I checked, any self-respecting ranger in PSO would suck up their pride and break out that beatstick to beat the lizards in EP4. And, in PSZ, Hunters (the self-respecting ones at least) have to use guns on melee-resistant foes.

Right, but that brings me back to quick-swap in PSO... the process was MUCH faster and simpler, in PSZ it feels really forced and clumsy.

Also, Earth Bullet is the manliest Photon Art in existence => Gunblades are the manliest weapons in existence.

Gunblades only make me think of Squall from FFVIII, and their design makes me cringe with how dumb of a concept it is :(

But it feels like I don't have much of a choice here considering all the pros trying to hammer the idea into my head "gunblade is a RA staple." So I suppose I'll have to learn to use it.

Broken_L_button
Mar 5, 2011, 09:56 PM
True, I'll have to concede that; quick swap lost its "quick" part in PSZ. Though, keeping your weapon list short and switching between enemy attacks makes you less vulnerable while doing it.

Tolly7249
Mar 5, 2011, 10:27 PM
Gunblades only make me think of Squall from FFVIII, and their design makes me cringe with how dumb of a concept it is :(

Actually, the Gunblade does exist. It's called a Pistol Sword and was first created centuries ago. It saw it's most common use in the 1800s. Here's a quick link to the wikipedia article for your edification.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_sword

Having said which, Squall's Gunblade was a ridiculous and impractical design that would NEVER work in the real world. Most of the PSZ Gunblades are a more realistic design. Most.

Chaos Rappy
Mar 6, 2011, 12:05 AM
If you really think about it, the only real gunblade who put the concept of their firing mechanism into thought when considering the "blade" part were probably the Axeons, having a gap in the center of both blades so that bullets wouldn't richet when they exited the barrel. A few others were pretty smart on design, like the Kikomis and Mazurkas, MAYBE the Vraolet/Frigiand pair, but others have too small of barrels for their blades... or no barrel *coughBladeCannoncough*...

Trace humar ID Oran
Mar 7, 2011, 10:24 PM
how long would it take one to find a lavis cannon on superhard in dark shrine

Tolly7249
Mar 7, 2011, 10:32 PM
Anyway, question time.

I'm doing some very fast story mode runs to confirm details for a walkthrough I'm writing, and I'm not sure what weapons I should be looking for.

I'm looking for a decent low-level Rifle for my RAcaseal and a good low-level Gunblade or Saber for my HUnewm. Sewer shop weapons are available.

Any suggestions?

Chaos Rappy
Mar 7, 2011, 10:51 PM
how long would it take one to find a lavis cannon on superhard in dark shrine

A very long time. I have quite nearly 3500 Eulid kills, IIRC, and I only have 1 Lavis Kanon self-obtained. It's estimated droprate is 1/10000.

Anyway, question time.

I'm doing some very fast story mode runs to confirm details for a walkthrough I'm writing, and I'm not sure what weapons I should be looking for.

I'm looking for a decent low-level Rifle for my RAcaseal and a good low-level Gunblade or Saber for my HUnewm. Sewer shop weapons are available.

Any suggestions?

Rifle: Can't really say much on this one... wince your a CAST, you canalways try for a Garland in the Normal ET, or you can try your hand at the IMPOSSIBLY UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLY UNFINDABLE Liese Garland in Normal Paru, but that's only if you're either masochistically searching for a good low-level Rifle or just really want it (it only needs Lv4 and is wieldable by all RA's, not just CASTs, and has X Lv1 set on its element). Besides those, I can also say that it may not be so bad to try for a good Missouri CX4 buyable with Photon Drops, but it has a rather higher LV requirement than the others mentioned.

Saber: probably a good idea to find and invest in a Red Saber. Nice Lv14 requirement for wielding, draw element, and can hit two targets, so if you find a good one, you can be set pretty well for a while. Besides that, you can also opt for something like a Twinkle Star, which is also good if you can buy a good one on sale, but obviously, that's only if you're non-HU.

Gunblade: Karakasa Jikomi, buyable with Photon Drops, it has a max grind of... 80, I think? Something insane like that. Get a good Earth Bullet one, and you're set for until you can wield Blade Cannon at level 20, the password weapon from the sewer vending machine, which has more ATP at max grind than any 6* or below Gunblade. Also set Earth Bullet and Heat Lv1, so definitly not a bad choice.

Tolly7249
Mar 8, 2011, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the help! Reckon I'll go for the Missouri and the Karakasa Jikomi, it's actually a brand spanking new copy of the game and I'd rather not spend a few zillion years searching normal Paru. (Looooooong story.)

Tamlin
Mar 8, 2011, 05:54 PM
Lesson number Two: The Chess Game
It took the message pack in the second half of the dark shrine for me to Realize this... but the entire Shrine could be related to chess pieces.
Derreo/ Zerreo: Pawns
Eulid /Eulidevil/ Eulad/ Euladevil: Rooks
Phobos/ Zaphobos/ Dyna: King
Now comes the tricky part: The queen herself.
The Jumpers: It took me a month to figure out each one did something distinct from the others. It took me another week to discern which was which... and I got all of their rules figured out. Except one: The jumper that causes two balls of electricity had me stumped. sometimes the attacks were head on, and sometimes to the sides...
Here's the rub: The chessboard is divided into white and gold squares. The gold squares have blue circles in the middle. These mark where the orbs strike. Stand on white to avoid the thunderballs. Other than that... well... the other two are easy.

When you kill two, and then mother trinity brings herself into the fight, the third one gains all the powers. Well, it still follows the same rules. Lighting in a line, golden sword up close, and electrical orbs on golden panels.

Now for Trinity herself:
The arms: When she brings her arms out, immediately cut them down, and she will fall forward, giving you time to strike. Act quick or you'll lose a chance to hit her hard. This is best done in Wi-Fi when you have sentient allies, because your AI allies always just go for her body, which is dangerous and slow.

Dark Falz:
This is the player behind the Chessboard. He makes the moves and plans the game to his rules. Strafing is essential. Lock onto his head and hit him hard while avoiding the orbs of darkness and the rising spike things.

When he dives, just avoid him until he stops and then hit him as hard as you can. He'll surface again, and then finish him before he dives a second time.

This ends Tamlin's second tactics lesson.

bns1991
May 18, 2011, 07:41 PM
Quick question... I'm thinking about making a power hagal for my RAcaseal, but I don't really want to sacrifice attack just to have a better looking mag. Should I do it anyway?

chibipocky15
May 18, 2011, 07:48 PM
-RAISES HAND-
WHERE CAN I FIND A LEMINI SOUL D:

Chaos Rappy
May 18, 2011, 07:59 PM
Quick question... I'm thinking about making a power hagal for my RAcaseal, but I don't really want to sacrifice attack just to have a better looking mag. Should I do it anyway?
If it's aesthetic appeal you're looking for, you should be fine with it anyways. If you feed your mag to make it have 19 POW/20 GRD/21 HIT at level 60 (making it evolve into a Hagal mag), and then raise its GRD to 21, you can raise its POW safely to 58 without worrying about it evolving into something different, all while maximizing the usefulness of aesthetic appeal and not limiting your POW loss comparable to a pure by all that much (the 42 POW difference is only about 8 damage or so on single-hit weapons, so it's hardly noticeable overall, really, and that's not accounting for resistances and such, so the damage difference is even LESS noticeable than that).

Hopefully this little explanation answers that little question. (b^_^)b

-RAISES HAND-
WHERE CAN I FIND A LEMINI SOUL D:

Femini Soul can be found from any enemy box in any floor of The Eternal on Hard difficulty, and ONLY Hard difficulty. No Normal or Super Hard run will get you a Femini, and you have to do the Hard one to unlock Super Hard solo anyways, so just hope for one when/if you try to go for Super Hard. If you don't get one then, there's always hope for next time, or you can try to bum one off of a certain generous someone, if they can eventually be able to trade with other certain people, if you know what I mean. ;P

Light dragon
May 18, 2011, 08:02 PM
That first part is actually really useful...

Chaos Rappy
May 18, 2011, 08:09 PM
Would you believe that I was the person who actually discovered that little piece of information in the first place, way back in the day when I was messing with the mags and how feeding them affected them (like making a level 100 Yul for ****s and giggles, as well as a level 100 Mag with no Nature or PB from being fed purely grinders)? ;D

I also discovered that if you fed a Mag Reset Materials, it'll lower the EXP the mag has in all of its stats slightly, making it the only food that is entirely negative for feeding a mag stat-wise. ;P

P.S.: A tier 2 mag, no matter what level it is, will not get a second-stage nature. For instance, a Level 100 Yul that has Playful Nature will not be able to get Ruffian or Cautious, because it is still a tier 2 mag; however, if you feed it a soul item, it instantly jumps from Tier 2 to tier 4 and suddenly will gain a second-stage Nature if it has previously fulfilled the requirements to get assigned one. :P

Light dragon
May 18, 2011, 08:12 PM
I am inclined to say yes as I have not found many people (nor read of 100 lvl mag with no nature) anywhere xD

Chaos Rappy
May 18, 2011, 08:24 PM
It's very easy to try this for yourself! Simply feed a mag until it has 4 Power, and then feed it until it has 3 of every other stat, at which point when it becomes level 10 and has more Power, it becomes a Yul, and then, once it has 3 of each other stat but power, make them all 4, and then feed it only Grinders, making sure that each stat levels up at the exact same fed item; once it gets to level 100, it will have 25 of each stat, be a Yul, and only have a first-stage nature, as well as its original Photon Blast (Granir). Pretty nifty, eh? :P

This is very crucial to follow if you want to do this, however, as your stats must all be equal, otherwise, if at level 30 and beyond, its Power goes higher than the other stats, or vice-versa with any SINGLE specific stat, it WILL evolve into something else other than Yul, based on the higher stat. This happens because at level 30, all that it requires for evolution is one stat to be higher, like at level 10, so even if one stat was just 1 EXP point higher, and it leveled up before the other stats did at one point, it would evolve into something else. This is how Reset Mats become useful! Once you get all the stats to be the same level, feed it some Reset Mats to make all their EXP bars reset to 0, and then just commend feeding grinders eternally! Pretty nifty little trick, if I say so myself. ;P

Light dragon
May 18, 2011, 08:36 PM
Oh nice

KKboy
Jun 19, 2011, 02:45 AM
Hope questions are still being answered cos I need help!
Anyways, I'm in the middle of a bit of a fuzzy moment, I'm contemplating whether to delete my RaMar and start a RaCaesel, but I don't really want to delete him because, he is my strongest and he's the first character I ever made. If I do end keeping him, what would be a good mat build and mag build for a ATA build, but If I do get a RaCaesel, what would be a good build for her
Thanks ^ ^

Chaos Rappy
Jun 19, 2011, 03:22 PM
RAmar, just go all Power on him. As a Ranger, he has enough ATA to last him throughout the difficulties, but as a Human compared to the Casts in his class, his power is lacking compared to them. Go for 100 Power materials, and for the mag, make either a pure POW build, or a Power-majoring build of aesthetic choice if you like, which I would recommend using my mag-minor-stat-as-major building guide to make for the best effects. :P

For the RAcaseal, if you so choose to make, as much as I hate to say, it's pretty much the same as the RAmar, especially considering she has more ATP and ATA naturally than the RAmar.

The only real major difference between them is that RAmars have technique usage, and the RAcaseal can use her traps to her advantage, but RAmar MST is too low to really consider making attack techs viable for damage beyond Normal, and their Restas are too weak to want to try and get the fullest by powering MST up if you want to even have a chance to survive through Super by raising their meager ATP up to even average levels, but I will tell you, as a Human Ranger, take the fullest advantages of Jellen and Zalure while you can through Super difficulty, because it will be the only saving grace you have to carry you through Super solo... Ranger Humans in this game really get beaten to death with the weakness stick, with such low ATP and MST, the lower ATA's of the rangers, and little DFP to keep them through the battles... It really blows that they had to pretty much kill them with all these downsides and only give them the coyboy look to make it all worse as one of the better-looking classes being the weakest. :/

KKboy
Jun 19, 2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks for answering :D I thinkI'll do the 100 power mats and pure power mag, as much as I like the minor stat-as-majour stat thingy, I think I'll just put that sonichi soul that has been begging to be used .^ ^. Thanks again for answering :D

Chaos Rappy
Jun 19, 2011, 05:20 PM
No problem! I am always here to help you and anyone else here who is looking for help, for I am Chaosmaster, who is just a toady! Such working, all for others! </Fawful quote> :P

KKboy
Jun 21, 2011, 04:19 AM
I ended up deleting the RaMar (then held a funeral) and started my RaCaesel, but I haz another question :D
I want a good Power build for my RaCaesel, so I wish to ask you, o wise Master what shud I doo ^ ^; I'm so stupid

Omunall
Jul 2, 2011, 02:29 AM
I've got a question:

What is the most viable way of making a melee FOnewearl? What way would you suggest playing her is my question (be it pow focus of mind focus, and the obvious ATA boost from heck) i'm using one for the first time and it looks like it would be too much fun to pass up.

Mustache
Jul 2, 2011, 09:23 AM
I would say keep with mind based weapons, you'll do melee damage from your mind strength when using them. Slicers are my favorite weapons with a force although the attack accuracy is horrible. Using wands with Magical Sign is a good way to go, it does solid damage for a PA and has a 160% Accuracy Mod. You'll have to use a mag with 100 hit, there's no way your FOnewey is going to hit anything other wise. Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure should probably be used in every room to really lay the beats. Mind mats or Swifts mats are both fine. You'll need armor slots to compensate for even more swift if you use swift mats.

Omunall
Jul 2, 2011, 11:57 AM
Now about Jellen and Shifta: Do either one affect your ata or enemy evp? Just wondering if they would be useful for that, thought I read something about it. I'm not looking to max, so if you are saying I could still have mind mats in SH, that tells me I could weaken her even more and put more ata in. I know it's not the strongest build, but I want to know I can hit things well enough, and her megid bonus looks like it would do well enough to have at least one tech to throw out that wouldn't fall behind too hard, while still giving me melee potential.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 2, 2011, 05:35 PM
Jellen does lower enemy ATA, and Zalure does lower enemy EVP, but Shifta does not raise your ATA, nor does Deband increase your EVP. In other words, for the better ATA aspect, Zalure is the only one that'll help you hitting your enemies.

I ended up deleting the RaMar (then held a funeral) and started my RaCaesel, but I haz another question :D
I want a good Power build for my RaCaesel, so I wish to ask you, o wise Master what shud I doo ^ ^; I'm so stupid

Just go all ATP build. All Power Mats, and the mag would be a POW-focused one, with favorable build in personal mind. She will have enough ATA to keep her going strong throughout the difficulties, it's just the Ranger ATP that she has any issues with.

Omunall
Jul 2, 2011, 07:42 PM
Jellen does lower enemy ATA, and Zalure does lower enemy EVP, but Shifta does not raise your ATA, nor does Deband increase your EVP. In other words, for the better ATA aspect, Zalure is the only one that'll help you hitting your enemies.

Just go all ATP build. All Power Mats, and the mag would be a POW-focused one, with favorable build in personal mind. She will have enough ATA to keep her going strong throughout the difficulties, it's just the Ranger ATP that she has any issues with.

Thanks dude! Much appreciated; i'm just wanting to try it out but from my experience with the FOnewm i'm thinking it's going to be a challenge.

KKboy
Jul 5, 2011, 07:02 PM
thanks Chaos :7 I've started to get her started with all power mats and a Thohn (100% POWA mag) I my make a few new mags for other situations but other than that, THNXBAI!

StriderTuna
Jul 31, 2011, 01:28 AM
I have a question: Which would be a better backup for a FOnewr: A handgun or a Slicer? I'd also like to ask if there's any serious downfalls to having a balanced mag? I do plan on raising some ones more to the extremes in the future, but I have a few balanced/maxed out ones (Soul'd or tier 4) laying around.