PDA

View Full Version : Funny PSO Story

Jepp027
Jan 10, 2011, 11:14 PM
I am very excited to see Phantasy Star Online 2, super freaking stoked. I am no PSO Newbie but I was there for the launch. I even remember being NOL'ed countless times.

Funny story, in 2000-2001 I was only 18 and did not have any credit cards, so I came to this exact site in a search for more news. I could not get a Hunters Licence due to not having a credit card. I met a guy online posting who was very honest and said if I sent him the fee he would put it on his credit card and hook me up. I was of course skeptical about this shady character. So here's what I did. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil crayon, started to write a letter to this guy with my money in the envelope. But the thing is I posed as a 7 year old kid who just got all his allowance and wanted to get his Hunters Licence, my letter even had childlike handwriting and was in the color red. I said that this was my only money and my mommy and daddy gave the okay, as it was my hard earned money. He did it, what an awesome guy. I totally respected the hell out of that guy and this site ever since.

Has anyone else been on this site since the Dreamcast days? Me I am from 2001, I know some people may predate me.

FOkyasuta
Jan 10, 2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah i remember 2001. And i might seem like im to young to be but trust me. DC V.1 Vet here. And welcome back home! I guess. And cool story bro.

Kimil Adrayne
Jan 11, 2011, 01:06 AM
Two of my friends were and one of my roomates were on DC. That roomate's down the hall right now being too loud with his significant other :S.

I didn't have a Dreamcast, so I came on in GC (offline) then online on XBOX. First day on, someone runs through my game room dropping Red Boxes continuously. I followed him like a puppy pressing X, picking them up until I warped out of my own game room when he put one on the teleport. Man those servers were filled with hacked items. :(

Dragwind
Jan 11, 2011, 04:51 PM
I can remember quite a few people who were very nice which helped those who didn't have access to a credit card. There was even a website which acted as service to assist those players in paying for a hunters license. I even put a friend's account on my card at one point.

It's always nice to hear stories such as these :-)