PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Techniques and Vanguard

ChaosAngel92
Jan 13, 2011, 01:57 PM
My main character is a female Vanguard beast.
She is almost untouchable due to the high EVP, but since I consider the force play trough a little bit obsolete and boring, I rarely use techs. Shifta, Deband, Jellen & Zalure. Not even Resta.

Aside from the High EVP I enjoy, i also choose Vanguard due to the use of traps, that are a life saviors in occasions.

Should I feel guilty of my behavior of using the Vanguard class with no Techs at all?

zombiemoshpit84
Jan 13, 2011, 04:14 PM
i have a human vanguard lv 143 and the only techs i ever use are shifta, deband, resta, and reverser. there is no need for attack techs if you dont want to use em. i dont feel bad neither should you

Wayu
Jan 13, 2011, 06:56 PM
The only one I use is Sazonde for juggling annoying enemies. Don't worry.

Besides buffs and debuffs, of course.

-Wayu

Flash Ranger
Jan 13, 2011, 07:32 PM
Don't feel bad. I know plenty of vanguards who don't really use attack techs. But I know what you mean about the traps though. They are a life saver at times.

ChaosAngel92
Jan 14, 2011, 02:14 AM
Thanks a lot for all your feedback.

Ryd
Jan 14, 2011, 03:53 AM
I tend to use offensive techs as a VA, but my VA is also a female newman who also happens to own a few Psycho Wands. Damgrants in story/multiplayer is a pretty good chaining tool when PP isn't a major concern, and extended PWs really pack a punch.

Blizz3112
Jan 14, 2011, 04:17 AM
I never use Techs (except support) for any non-Force class, because they work well enough without them. My Newman Hunter is surprisingly good in TECs due to the racial bonus on TEC, but I use him mostly to heal big chunks of health on my self and party members. With a Clarita Visas III it already heals all of my health to full no matter how much damage I took... ;-)

Syrus08
Jan 14, 2011, 09:17 AM
I wish techs were better because I think they are fun to use. But they aren't, so I really only use support like everyone else. Let's face it we all use Vanguards for the EVA and traps.

Wayu
Jan 14, 2011, 09:40 AM
Techs are now useful in PSP2i, so prepare for a change in everyone's tactics for some enemies.

-Wayu

Syrus08
Jan 14, 2011, 11:03 AM
Techs are now useful in PSP2i, so prepare for a change in everyone's tactics for some enemies.

-Wayu

That's nice to hear. I still have a ways to go in PSP2 though. LOL

Shakuri
Jan 14, 2011, 02:59 PM
Vanguard gets a boost in TP come Infinity, for a Female Newman Vanguard in Infinity it is equal to Male Newman Force TP from Vanilla. So I imagine that they could get some mileage out of Tech usage that isn't simply for chaining purposes.

As for PSP2, the only Techs worth using in PSP2 for any class that is not a Force would be Shifta/Deband/Zalure/Resta, from an efficiency stand point.

Lolitron
Jan 14, 2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks to the Sa-series, you can lock down groups of mobs while strafing while chaining them and then finish them with whatever once you get near/ra-spell. This function is actually similar to traps in the sense that you can be moving towards the end of the mission while killing things.

Although this is overall less efficient than traps, it's still a very powerful and useful tool to use.

Likewise Sa-zonde will lockdown and chain most large monsters in a very short amount of time, setting you up to finish them with whatever. Blade Destruction is still pretty good :p, although I have no idea what the highest for of DPS is in the game is now.