PDA

View Full Version : Never too late, I say! I just got PSZ

BWS-1
Jan 14, 2011, 09:59 PM
I'm starting to play for the first time JUST NOW (well, played a bit at work as a coworker was showing me the game).

I just got a ''murderous magenta - totally not pink'' DSi and two games: Phantasy Star Zero and Super Scribblenauts :p

And as much as I'm not going to cling on the hopes of finding people that 1) still plays it 2) happened to have played with me back in the Dreamcast days 3) ... and the PSU PC/PS2 days, but I'm looking forward to run with any of you guys who are still around!

I'm still a big n00b, but I like how the game feels, and I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be too rusty given it's not all THAT different from PSO ver2 and PSU.

To be honest, the graphics reminding me of the Sega Saturn (hence giving me the impression I'm playing on a ''portable saturn'' *drool*) and the feel reminding me of both the best of PSO with the convenience of PS:P2 (rolling for the WIN) just got to me. O and of course the multiplayer, and the AI system. I like how you aren't alone anymore even if you're offline... well, I mean yeah PSU and all other games from the franchise after got that feature, but it feels like a good ol Dreamcast PSO, except with NPCs! Which is neat.

I might not be online much for now (I really wanna go through the story first), but I should be trying to connect more often in the coming weeks!

FC: 4341 0153 7481

Tigus
Jan 14, 2011, 10:02 PM
Hey welcome trust me it seems PSZ is still sort of big and people still seem to buy it, I also got it about 2 weeks ago and alot of people still play it so trust me your not alone.

Reksanden
Jan 14, 2011, 10:03 PM
No, it's never too late. I'll help you anytime.

Windancer
Jan 14, 2011, 10:13 PM
me too i'm down to play some even though I've started to play psp2 and Blue Dragon Awakened Shadows. to be honest I like PSZ better than psp2 the online lag in psp2 stinks

Chaos Rappy
Jan 15, 2011, 12:04 PM
Aye, I'm still down and out for PSZ all the time. If ever you need help and I'm available, don't hesitate to give me a call. I may only have all level 100's, but that doesn't mean I can't simply ASSIST you so that it still feels like there's work and you're doing most of it if you want, or you can just let me kill everything and let you level-grind very quickly. I'm good for any kind of fun this game has to offer. ;P

Crazyleo
Jan 15, 2011, 01:19 PM
I've picked the game up quite recently as well (Just after New Years) and I'm enjoying it immensely. (Already doing the Hard Missions at lvl 50)

My online play however is somewhat sporadic though.

Cannonball
Jan 15, 2011, 02:04 PM
I just got the game yesterday. Its never too late for PSO. Zero.

BWS-1
Jan 15, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely looking forward to ''play with/be assisted by'' you all! I have to say, since the last games I've played felt ''alone'' offline, the PSZ story is drawing me in more than I expected. I expected something around the lines of... PSO ver2, story-wise. So far, I'm thinking I might even give other races a try just to experience the story differently!

One thing is for sure, I don't think I'll be putting that game down anytime soon. And if I do put it down at some point, I can't see myself dropping out of it permanently.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 15, 2011, 08:37 PM
And if I do put it down at some point, I can't see myself dropping out of it permanently.

This is EXACTLY what's happened with me. I got it at release, and I've not quit it for good yet! I may have put it down to give PS:P2 a try, and while it's good too, I'll never let my love for PSZ go away just for something like PS:P2.

...Besides, PS:P2 doesn't even have Rab Rappies. How can it possibly be better than PSZ? XP

Say... you up for a run or two? ;D

BWS-1
Jan 15, 2011, 09:05 PM
This is EXACTLY what's happened with me. I got it at release, and I've not quit it for good yet! I may have put it down to give PS:P2 a try, and while it's good too, I'll never let my love for PSZ go away just for something like PS:P2.

...Besides, PS:P2 doesn't even have Rab Rappies. How can it possibly be better than PSZ? XP

Say... you up for a run or two? ;D

Actually, I AM getting online right about... now! So, sure!

Chaos Rappy
Jan 15, 2011, 09:48 PM
Wow, that is MY bad on this one... I went out to get dinner and forgot to check back here for your answer... I'm sorry. ^^;

If you're still on, though, I would be more than happy to play with you. :)

EDIT: I'm online hosting,a nd I see you online as well, not in a game, waiting for you to join or something... :|

RoxasNeval
Jan 16, 2011, 04:36 PM
wow...ur kinda late to the party ps0 is pretty dead,not fully,but its low on online players

Tetris
Jan 16, 2011, 04:39 PM
Doesn't mean people don't still play. You just set up a time with friends.

BWS-1
Jan 16, 2011, 05:33 PM
I know I'm late, but so far most of the time I spent online and off was in good company! ;)

Chaos Rappy
Jan 16, 2011, 05:36 PM
Speaking of, I'm hosting right now BWS if you want to join me again for some runs. Waiting on Tetris so we can continue some more runs, and we're going to be on normal anyways. P:

Tetris
Jan 16, 2011, 06:03 PM
I'm back now, Chaos, so perhaps the four of us can run? You, me, Tigus, and Bws?

Chaos Rappy
Jan 16, 2011, 06:44 PM
Sorry. Me and Tigus were in a SH Arca run and it took a while. We also encountered... LE GASP... RAB RAPPIES!!! *dies of adorableness* ~<3

Tetris
Jan 16, 2011, 06:46 PM
Ah, that's alright. I'm ready to go whenever.

Tigus
Jan 16, 2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah that was alot of fun I dided alot tho still fun!:D

Tetris
Jan 16, 2011, 08:33 PM
Best part of all, Tigus, you got a performance by the 3 Angel Idols :P

Tigus
Jan 16, 2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah that was the best dancing PSZ will ever know^^.

Arrow
Jan 17, 2011, 10:07 AM
wow...ur kinda late to the party ps0 is pretty dead,not fully,but its low on online players

I'd have to kinda agree with this one...
like all wifi games on the DS, they have their moment of glory, then ppl move on to the next game...
Me, i'm *trying* to start up again after 7-8 months of inactivity, but sadly, well it's not glory days of PSZ...more like the dawn of the rookies who just got the game, meaning not alot of players in SH mode. (which is not good considering i live in SH mode Shrine)

And also in summary, 90% of all games on the wifi go like this:

Golden age > dark ages > dawn of the rookies > dawn of the dead

Finally, all i ask is: how many lvl 80-100s are still out there? o.o...

PS pardon the slight rant, but it's mostly true to some degree...
sadly, as far as me, well, i do have kinda a low lvl FOmar, but only good in the medium/intermediate difficulty (haven't played in so long... can't remeber what's the mid-lvl)

Chaos Rappy
Jan 17, 2011, 01:42 PM
*raises hand*

Never given up on this game, I hold hope that it will have its second coming of a golden age. And I'm not the only one. I know of several other people who still play and are regulars like myself. :P

BWS-1
Jan 17, 2011, 06:32 PM
sadly, as far as me, well, i do have kinda a low lvl FOmar, but only good in the medium/intermediate difficulty (haven't played in so long... can't remeber what's the mid-lvl)

low lvl FOmar you say? Well, a HUcast around can't hurt! I could back you up sometimes!

Clavat99
Jan 18, 2011, 11:31 AM
Here, ill send you an invite to Soldiers of Eternity. We have over 30 people who all still play.

RoxasNeval
Jan 18, 2011, 02:10 PM
hmm 30 ppl,not bad,sure hope that 25 of those arent noobs,maybe its time i return to psz
*scrapes off rust from emperor axeon*

Mustache
Jan 18, 2011, 02:54 PM
It's not too hard to get a team of 4 for Super Hard runs. If you're active in this board your most likely in SoE, being the only active group for the game.