PDA

View Full Version : PSU xbox360 question

everson84
Jan 15, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hi, havn't been on these forums for a long time!

I had an xbox 360 for christmas and ordered PSU yesterday, I've got a few questions though.

1. Is there an offline version of the game similar to PSO2 (gamecube) or the origonal dreamcast version to play? Or is it a totally different game where your forced to play a specific character?

2. If this is the case, Is the online game more like the origonal version I used to know and love?

Cheers

HyperShot-X-
Jan 15, 2011, 02:13 PM
1) offline single player story mode(PSU v.1) is nothing like old PSO in that you cannot bring offline saved chars to online and yes, you play as Ethan thru cinematic chapters, you can also unlock Extra mode to make your own chars to play offline only.

2) yes and much more, but you have to be logged on at all times to play online and you cannot access your online data for offline play because your char data is saved on Sega's server.

*also note: AOTI expansion free download for 360 doesn't include offline story mode but it's required for online play and Ep.2 & 3 story missions are available online only.

everson84
Jan 16, 2011, 05:15 AM
Ok thanks for the help, does blue burst work on the xbox360? I really want an offline version of the original game to play.

ZER0 DX
Jan 17, 2011, 02:52 AM
Blue Burst was PC only, and all official servers for the Phantasy Star Online games have been shut down.

There's unofficial servers, but if you're thinking about the Xbox version of Episode I & II there's no way to get that one to connect to any server and it's also not allowed to talk about those here, so use google.

Anyway you'll probably enjoy PSU if you keep an open mind to the fact that it's pretty radically different from PSO.

PSU's offline has a (pretty bad) story where you're forced to play as Ethan Waber, however you can unlock extra mode by completing it where you can use your own custom character offline and do the missions that were present in story mode. You cannot take offline characters online though and you'll need to download the Ambition of the Illuminus expansion if you want to play online which is the only way to play Episode 2 (10 chapters) and 3 (8 chapters) of the story which you play through with your own character.