PDA

View Full Version : What is the best party?

Tulathis
Mar 12, 2003, 02:28 PM
What do you think is the best group of characters for going through the game online? Assume for the sake of this poll that all the characters are the same level and equipped with 9-star weapons.

Why?

Tulathis
Mar 12, 2003, 03:46 PM
Okay... since everyone wants to remain annonymous I'll post first.

I think the most efficient group is probably a HUcast, a RAmar, a FOnewearl, and a FOmar. That way you pretty much cover all your bases. The HUcast deals the heavy damage with help from the boosted FOmar's shifta. The RAmar can act as support and is especially useful with a Frozen Shooter, Snow Queen, or Spread Needle (yeah, I know I just broke my own rules). The forces can then each cover some of the spells, the FOmar taking probably shifta/deband, grants, and some elements, while the FOnewearl can cover Resta, Anti, and the rest of the elements.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 12, 2003, 04:01 PM
It depends on the scenerio. I mean, you can have 4 lv 80 Forces that all have level 30 techs - That team would be superior to any other.

wizkid357
Mar 12, 2003, 04:16 PM
I don`t know maybe two forces and two hunters.But I`ll just vote one hunter two forces and 1 ranger.

Stricker
Mar 12, 2003, 04:31 PM
2 hu 1 ra 1 fo. A hunter with a partisan in front. Another hunter helping him. And a ranger covering them from afar. The force will heal them or give them shifta, deband, and those things. And of course throw magic like gizonde or gibarta to freeze or paralize them.

LamerPanda
Mar 12, 2003, 04:39 PM
Probably 1 HU, 1 RA, 2 FO, or 2 HU, 1 RA, 1 FO.

I think 2 FOs would be good for an area where there are a lot of enemies with obvious tech weaknesses; one could do attacks, and one could do S/D. If you're in an area with enemies that aren't particularly weak to techs, though, 2 HUs might be better due to high attack.

4 FOs with level 30 techs might be the strongest, but it'd be a pain to divide up fluids and any HU/RA items would be left unused.

Vantamiath
Mar 12, 2003, 04:51 PM
As long as you have people who know what they're doing...

Foggy_Pete
Mar 12, 2003, 04:52 PM
the best party ive ever played with was 2 HUmars, a FOmarl, and a FOnewm. the two humars were unstopable with the fomarls support techs and the fonewm did his part to lower the monsters hp so they could be killed easly by the hunters

Subliminalgroove
Mar 12, 2003, 05:28 PM
Any party I throw. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maelkith
Mar 12, 2003, 05:31 PM
fonewearl and hucast, and any other 2. they are the perfect compliment to each other.

scenario: fonewearl casts shifta and deband, hucast charges in to set freeze trap and draw enemies away from door. fonewearl walks in cautiously to cast jellen and zalure. trap detonated. hucast and fonewearl go to work on monsters.

any help is appreciated but not required. fonewearls have the only resta capable of refilling a hucasts hitpoints. hucasts have the power and durability while buffed, to survive an assault from enemies and do damage to enemies not jellen zalured. hucasts have 20 confuse and freeze traps early on. that allows a fonewearl time to cast jellen and zalure. her simple techs make her potent against single enemies, as is a hucast with mechs. hucasts full time trap vision works best when he leads. they will both need to be on the lookout for healing rings, and shout when one is found.

chemistry is evident when fighting morfos. hucast freezes, and shoots with mechs making sure to keep the thing trapped. fonewearl pumps megid at it until one member or the other makes the kill.

working in concert, these two make a lethal team. i am not saying that they are the best characters, but they make up for each others weaknesses and enhance each others strenghths. the hucast provides diversion, the fonewearl brings power.

Krank40oz
Mar 12, 2003, 06:13 PM
I think 1 hu 1 ra and 2 fos is the best combo u can get, i mean come on the ranger does ok damage and weakens them, hus just rap shit up and hi lv forces do awsome too!

goaliedude10
Mar 12, 2003, 10:14 PM
1 HU, 1 RA, 2 FOs
Have one attack fo and one support fo, which just uses normal attacks for experience's sake.

Piro
Mar 12, 2003, 10:17 PM
3 People I enjoy playing with.

Nothing beats it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tulathis
Mar 13, 2003, 03:17 PM
working in concert, these two make a lethal team. i am not saying that they are the best characters, but they make up for each others weaknesses and enhance each others strenghths. the hucast provides diversion, the fonewearl brings power.

I agree. However, I think that with the FOmar's superior Shifta/Deband and a ranger's disruption hits this team is even more effective.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 13, 2003, 03:35 PM
Almost had me going with that Olga Flow sig ;p

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Mar 13, 2003, 04:10 PM
One high lv FOnewm with lv 30 spells and three HUcasts.

Robomonke
Mar 13, 2003, 09:02 PM
J-3PO the FOmar doesnt have a better shifta. He has a slightly better range. The effect of the shifta is the same.

Zeebo
Mar 13, 2003, 09:04 PM
3 Hucast dealin dmg crazy and force in back to smack people when we need to heal and heal us

bluefall
Mar 13, 2003, 09:06 PM
i dunno, but when im playin as my HUmar (lvl 118) i like to have a RA backing me up with a frozenshooter/snow queen. I only need the back up in the Ruins and sometimes in the caves, but it makes anythign a breeze.

Tulathis
Mar 14, 2003, 02:11 AM
J-3PO the FOmar doesnt have a better shifta. He has a slightly better range. The effect of the shifta is the same.
Are you sure? It says in the FOmar character profile that a FOmar's Shifta/Deband have both increased range and effectiveness. I don't know for sure because I don't have another high level force, but my Fomar's shifta is damn effective.

Maelkith
Mar 14, 2003, 04:28 AM
usually my fonewearl calls everyone in for shifta, before we storm a room. rarely does she need to cast in the heat of battle. traps provide time to cast buffs when needed. fomars are good with a huge jellen and zalure range. the fonewearl's resta and simple techs are the real advantage.