PDA

View Full Version : Androids on ultimate.....

Xaveria
Mar 12, 2003, 03:47 PM
i started off the game as a hunewearl.... but then made a racaseal..
before i level my racaseal too much i was wondering what androids are like on ultimate...
personally i use resta loads

please post tips, opinions n stuff if u got any

Auracom
Mar 12, 2003, 03:58 PM
Traps are your best friend on Ult. My lv115 RAcast can own a group of vulmers in about 10 secs. You bust out a confuse trap, then a damage trap, and mop up the rest with you weapon. My RAcast has a God/Power,God/HP and 2 God/Arms, so its kinda easy to hit stuff. Just make sure you have a good mag. I use a balanced mag, but it's gonna change to a Pow Mag. Not sure when though. Good luck with your Android. Oh ya you hardly need any Mates, if you have a good gush weapon. Red Saber fills me up in a few slices. A tip... carry a crowd control weapon, and a solo weapon, and a range weapon.

Stricker
Mar 12, 2003, 04:42 PM
Don't worry, you will have a lot of defense. Also will have a lot of traps to freeze and paralize. So, it's ok.

gallaugher
Mar 12, 2003, 05:31 PM
It's a bit easier as a Ranger since you don't have to get up close & personal w/the baddies.

Aside from using traps properly the best advice I can give you is to avoid getting hit in the first place. This may sound like I'm being lame but I'm serious. When you have Resta it's easier to be just a little bit careless. When all you have is 'mates you'll find you get better & better at not getting hit at all.

Sick-One
Mar 12, 2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah, when you're an android you come up with new and interesting ways not to get hit, my HUcaseal isnt too bad with 'mates, she uses about 3 or 4 per Soul of Blacksmith.. the key is dodging attacks and using your traps when they're needed. Sometimes its fun to lay a confuse trap and watch the enemies have at it. Hmmm...being a ranger, you will have it easier than an android HU...I guess another thing you could do about curing is get a mag that casts resta. Granted its not the best resta, but its always better than sitting still for 20 or 30 seconds to get that 100hp. I've said it before, every class has its own unique advantages and disadvantages, it's all about what works for you.

Krank40oz
Mar 12, 2003, 06:11 PM
Yea i think that Androids are nice and they have there ups and downs so pic carfully who u wana be!

ABDUR101
Mar 12, 2003, 07:46 PM
The essense of survival in Ultimate is to use your weapons special, when to use it, not getting surrounded(use the enemies, which are bigger than normal, as "road blocks" to each other, they end up getting tangled in a jam which lets you get extra hits) and also, learn to dodge the attacks at the right interval. You can hold off an entire room of enemies just by doing this.

Traps, specials on your weapons(paralyzing and freezing are my main tactics, as well as confuse, I don't worry about using HP refilling weapons since I just dodge anyways).

Goodluck, it's not hard really.

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 12, 2003, 10:36 PM
As an android Ranger you could try a Gush Arms with 50%+ to hit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Maelkith
Mar 13, 2003, 03:14 AM
androids make a slower procession through ultimate than other characters. you can get through forest and caves with a bit of leveling, but mines feels like a brick wall. gilchiches and sinows in ultimate are un-phased by hits. they only falter if you critical hit them or catch them by surprise. you should become very proficient with traps there if nowhere else. the lack of jellen and zalure torture androids here. you can also expect no quarter when you reach the ruins.

but.... if you manage the conquest of vol opt and dark falz before level 130, you will be in possession of elite skill. this should translate into almost mvp status when playing in an online team. the added difficulty breeds a great player.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maelkith on 2003-03-13 00:20 ]</font>

Armok
Mar 13, 2003, 07:00 AM
As a ra type
0. get a shot/needle type weopon
1. Get a few PB create
2. get mag with high power and M&Y
3. Use M&Y everything dies
4. PB charges before M&Y effects wear off
Repeat steps 3 and 4 till all foes dead